Venture Express, Inc. Employee Reviews

Wasnt worth 4 years of my life
Senior Driver (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHDecember 10, 2018
Venture bought out my previous employer. Since then we had a great manager who grew a strong team up, but quickly ran her out. The problem is the former companies managers were still in play and used high school antics to get drivers fired. Venture cannot decide one day or another how they will mess with drivers. We lost great drivers over constant changes, violating logs as much as possible, lying to drivers on daily basis. Dont expect much as vacations, time off for family emergencies, you will lose alot for doing it. The equipment tractors/trailers are falling apart faster than maintenance can keep up, with their department head hiding out in his office using untrained staff to quick repair everything. Operations management lies to your face about everything, dont trust them. Drivers frequently have to wait for hours for even a tractor to use because they dont have enough to operate, but will not pay those driver wait time and dont allow them to log in. Make sure you take photos of your logs because the lead ops manager has changed them to make drivers ready for the next day, resulting in drivers getting little sleep.
NO VACATIONS, NO THANK YOUS OF ANY KIND, LIMITED EQUIPMENT, UNSAFE EQUIPMENT, NO BACKING FROM MANAGEMENT, CONFLICTING MANAGEMENT STYLE FROM ONE DIVISON TO ANOTHER.

If your looking please do SOLID RESEARCH about this company, truth is 90 percent of the negative reviews are TRUE TO FACT! I am very educated and have seen almost of these review play out at true issues.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Just about everything
Poor management
Trailer Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Canton, MSNovember 12, 2018
Poor management, lack of communication, working for nothing everyday it's something different pay sucks working outside on the ground no shop work conditions poor
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 10, 2018
Said all that needs to be said. Not a good company to work for. Medical did not pay for any thing only perscriptions. No Holliday pay and no pay when plant shut down to retool for next year car models.
Pros
pay was good until Hundyia slowed down to the point I was only making 260.00 dollar gross per week.
Cons
Company does not care about its employees
It's a job to help pay the bills.
Truck Driver (local) (Current Employee) –  La Vergne, TN 37086August 27, 2018
Local terminal Manager is Great to work for, problem is upper Management. Poor Benefits and low pay.
Slip-seat truck everyday, previous drivers rarely clean up truck or re-fuel after daily use.
Drivers slack in performing pre-trip and post-trip inspections as required.
Pros
usually run the same route.
Cons
Benefits and Pay.
Venture Express
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Canton, MSJuly 20, 2018
I love the job. When I get to work I will have to find a truck to drive and go find the trailer that I am assigned to that day. I hook up and get my paper wok and leave. The management is good no problem with my co-workers. Good communication among each other. the job is not hard at all.
Pros
Get to work on the yard sometimes.
Cons
Pay could be better.
Pretty laid back
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJune 12, 2018
Not to bad a place to work.You know where your going. Never heard from managment unless they could not cover the loads. the job was not hard. they had brand spanking new automatic trucks.
Seems like youve never left the road
Switch truck driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, TNMay 22, 2018
Can be a stressful place. Overtime was expected every day and/or week.
Stressful environment.
Feels like you were your own boss.
It can be difficult finding a balance between work and home. Cant really make plans for personal time, as you have to be ready for the unexpected.
Pros
They paid for your overtime, depending on your position here
Cons
You dont have set hours. When they need you, they need you. Overtime was available, but needed just about everyday. Shortage of workers.
Horrible place to work! New management Is the worst I’ve ever seen. No communication and a lot of lying!!
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHApril 30, 2018
Horrible management! The owners in Tennessee should have rethought hiring an under educated, lying, deceitful sneaky director! Lack of communication and lying knowing they are breaking DOT regulations. Most the dispatchers are rude, hateful, and disrespectful.
Pros
Good money, vacations
Cons
Healthcare
safe place to work
Local Driver (Former Employee) –  TennesseeApril 5, 2018
Had fun working for venture delivering parts for Nissan and really enjoyed the home time,,the work environment was great and didn't have any trouble with management.
Store
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILMarch 25, 2018
They are out of business. And have been for years I really don't have too much more to say about this ....................................... ... .
not the best place to start out at.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 20, 2018
it was a decent place at first. but shortly after being there the management time starts to show how they really are. they will tell you exactly what you want to hear to get you to be quite.
Laid-back environment
Local Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Falkville, ALMarch 11, 2018
The Falkville, AL. terminal is a great place to work for those wanting to do D&H driving. The managers are the best I have ever had. I only left because the hours are a bit longer than I could handle while going FT to school, otherwise it is a great place with great time off and a wonderful atmosphere. I can only speak on the Falkville terminal.
Pros
Relaxed, Easy work, Managers will work with you
Cons
Accounts vary with pay and the length of days
over worked
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHMarch 7, 2018
Be sure to read all the fine print before accepting.
They have forced dispatch up to 14 hours daily.
A lot of waiting time .
If you have family you get little home time.
Pros
Plenty of work if you are available any shift.
Cons
Decent equipment, lot of hours
Driver (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMarch 4, 2018
Decent equipment, 60 + hours, 5 to 6 days a week, fair wages. No 401k offered. Wish they offered stock options, profit sharing. Reasonable priced insurance. 95 percent drop and hook.
Do not work for this company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHFebruary 14, 2018
They are thieves shorted multiple checks of mine. To top it off took my whole final check. The equipment is taken care of about once a year was broke down, for truck issues 4 times in 3 months. Unless you want robbed don't work here take a day off you get pay cut by $40 per day for the week.
Pros
Cons
The company
Not great company to work for
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Current Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 13, 2018
I do not care for this company.
They have no concern for drivers or their family.
Management at the Jackson Tennessee terminal
Does not care about the drivers or their families health.
Pros
Cons
Bad attitude toward drivers
Just a job.
Yard Switcher (Former Employee) –  Anderson scJanuary 22, 2018
Started out driving and picking up loads then changed to switching. It was very very fast paced stressful at times it’s a wonder nobody has been ran over with Switcher trucks driving so fast.
Pros
Just a job
Cons
Stressful competitive
They work with you somewhat
Truck driver class a CDL (Current Employee) –  Archbold, OHDecember 31, 2017
They work with you somewhatI would work here forever if I could find the hours I need their trucks are up-to-date and good trucks Only downfall is it is slip seating the runs are bad except when they have you do a run day after day and then change it up but overall this seems to be a good company I’ve only been here for a couple months and would stay if I could get my hours changed
Pros
Home daily
Cons
Ours are hard
Okay place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNNovember 30, 2017
Management team is pretty cool but benefits and Route pay pretty low for the hours that you work equipment is fairly new also have Eld pretty easy to operate also very easy to stay compliant
Pros
Management team is pretty fair and easy to get along with
Cons
Low route pay long hours
bad management team
Orientation specialist/HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHNovember 16, 2017
The management team never gave any direction or consistency of what is expected from you daily/weekly.
There rules and policies change daily.

I liked the hours and the weekends off.
Pros
Weekends off, Insurance paid, 2 weeks off a year paid
Cons
Changes of policies and rules daily.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Venture Express, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9