Venture Forthe, Inc Pay & Benefits reviews

Featured review
Venture Forthe, Inc selected this as a representative review
Fun place to work
Medicaid Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJuly 7, 2015
Enjoy the flexibility and family oriented environment. Growing company with advancement potential. Good support from management and owners.
Pros
Flexible hours
Poor working conditions
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 19, 2019
The communication that Venture Forth has is extremely poor. I only make about 100 dollars for 12 hours a week. When I move from school to home I do not get any work at home.
Pros
Meet amazing clients
Cons
low salary
Per diem works well
Assessment RN (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMay 12, 2019
Per diem assessments provide flexibility for work/life balance. There are no benefits, but thankfully I don't need them at this point. Staff and management are great to work with. They point out they like to promote from within; since I work remotely, I don't get to see this in action, but I believe them based on experience with staff.
Pros
The technology isn't glitchy from my experience. A big plus.
Cons
Current parking lot is too small.
Venture Forthe is a great company to work for
Personal Care Aide (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 8, 2019
The positions are what you make of them. If you enjoy helping others and that’s what you want to do then the position will be all you want and more. Its easy to submit notes and they give you more than enough training and time to learn the position and do the work appropriately. My only complaint would be the pay is minimum wage. But let’s be realistic, you can be a PCA without a college education. If you want more money, go to college and be a nurse.
Pros
Residents, nice schedulers, work around your schedule
Cons
Minimum wage
A lot of schduleing problems
PCA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Albion, NYApril 2, 2019
Would not reccomend to others a lot of in house problems and miscommunication. Employees not dependable and they expect a ton of work for very little pay. Would Really not reccomend
Pros
Make own hours
Cons
Employees not dependable and management isnt either
Its benifical
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYDecember 26, 2018
Working their was great .. Was offered all the hours i ever could need , defiantly was not greedy when it came to paying employees with overtime 💙 plus the further you travel the more the pay
Venture forthe employee
PCA (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 9, 2018
This company is unprofessional they are just worried about making money they don't care about the clients they only pay 10.65 Hr. And they never want to send you a uber even though you might have bust down 3 doubles in a row they don't care about there employees they lie on there employees too smh I almost lost my job 3 times stack your bread and leave because sometimes they offer $15 dollars HR. Or $18Hr
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
They dont pay enough for all the work they want done
Was given good hours
PCA Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 22, 2018
Venture Forthe inc is a good company. They need to pay more for the amount of work the staff has to do. And benefits need to be available to everyone.
Pros
Free food at meetings and offered more for last minute jobs
Cons
Not paid enough
Wonderful and growing work place
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYAugust 29, 2018
Venture Forthe is a wonderful company that cares about their employees as well as their clients. The are always looking for ways to better the company and grow. Friendly and fast paced working environment in the office however the pace varies out in the field. Wonderful place to work!
Pros
paid vacay, sick days, paid holidays, 401k
Cons
PCA's should be paid more.
Unorganized
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 28, 2018
Venture forthe has good hours but they only give them to who they want . Venture forthe is very unprofessional and unorganized. I liked the job at first but when I really got into it wasn’t not what i through it would be .
Fun workplace
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 18, 2018
It was a very interesting job i loved my clients and the way they treated me i love making sure people is taking good care of the job just need to have benefits
Productive, fun to work for
PCA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMay 14, 2018
It’s an great job to have i enjoyed working with people & helping them also the company had more than enough cases you could work, & offered more pay every time
Pros
More salary
Usually easy going
Nursing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYDecember 29, 2017
Must be at 40 hrs every week which is pretty impossible when you have a life working a 8:30-5 job with medical appointments. Every minute must be made up. Barley any parking for workers.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Vacation time
not the best agency.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYDecember 24, 2017
workers are not paid what they deserve. I've been working here for almost 3 years and I'm making 10.00 an hour which is basically minimum wage. scheduling is sometimes rude. compliance department has no empathy for workers. workers are penalized for situations that are out of their control. From what I've gathered from other workers, they put up with everything because they have bills to pay.
Pros
non
Cons
unfair treatment of caregivers (Aids) & low pay
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 11, 2017
fired due to false reasons. manger and supervisors are rude and constantly not calling me back. it was hard to get back and forth to cases due to me living in Lackawanna
Cons
short breaks, no help on shift, no good transportation
Not a great place to work
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYSeptember 25, 2017
All employees are not treated equal. Always contacted on my days off to pickup extra hours, when I do I'm forever getting mandated. When I returned from short term diability I was treated awful. My pay decreased and they payed a newbie with no experience a higher rate of pay than me, even though I had a 1 year experience. I also gave them a 2 week notice when I decided to end employment with them. I was a good employee. Only called in once, forever working overtime, yet their not interested in rehiring me. Don't waste your time!
Pros
Paid vacation
Bad
PCA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYAugust 26, 2017
You work full time plus some and you are only ever listed as part time that way they don't have to provide you anything. They hardly ever have people to work their shifts and you will end up working doubles get 8 hours off and have to do more doubles.
Pct
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJuly 26, 2017
I have worked for Venture forthe for 2 yrs now. Everyone in management is nice and polite. I love caring for clients. The down side is your have to work a lot in order to make good money. There are no benefits for PCA"s . If you work in Rochester it is hard to get any advancement within the company.
Pros
If you want to work a lot, you can. You can accept or turn down clients whatever your needs.
Cons
No benefits, low pay unless you work alot, hardly any advancements in rochester.
okay
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 13, 2017
For the most part they are okay. The problem I have is sometimes the hours can be shortened so it is best to not get too comfortable. But there are some great people to work with.
Pros
nice schedulers and some of the clients are very nice
Cons
sometimes the clients don't like you and thats when the hours get shortened
Keep Looking
Clinical (Current Employee) –  Where ever they send me.April 5, 2016
This is probably the most unprofessional organization I've ever worked for. Most people here are looking for a job elsewhere, they just stay to pay their bills.

They don't value their employees. There are little to no benefits. If you are a PCA, you will never have full time employment. Everyone I've talked to tells me they too get endless calls while trying to use the little PTO they have.
Scheduling Department is shockingly rude and verbally abusive. Not only to staff but their clients too. Most PCA's are allowed in the homes before background checks. I've had friends ask me if they should apply to some of their job postings, I tell them only if they're desperate.
Also, be sure you have a good vehicle and endless amount of cash for gas money. This company will send you all over western New York with little to no mileage reimbursement.

P.S.They frequently tell employees to rate them favorably on these job sites,I felt compelled to warn future applicants.
Pros
If you work in their Niagara Falls office and are related in some fashion, you will always have a job with plenty of perks.
Cons
inconsistent treatment of employees, terrible leadership, toxic workplace.
Office Staff
Office staff (Former Employee) –  RochesterOctober 25, 2015
Administration lacks the experience to run a growing company. Constant turn around at every level. Poor pay and even worse are the lack of employee benefits. Expectation is to constantly be at your desk and eat your lunch while you're working and to not take any breaks. Work environment is casual and unprofessional. I would not recommend this company to anyone, unless you are desperate for an income for a short period of time.
Pros
free pizza one day a week
Cons
work schedule, low pay, unprofessional environment and administration lacks the experience to lead

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Venture Forthe, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight