Venture Logistics Inc. Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment but a great place to work
Driver manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 6, 2018
This was a fast paced environment, working with the scheduling of trucks for 34 employees. Dealing with issues as they arose with those assigned drivers.
OK place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 4, 2018
Most of the people are nice to work with, but management could be better as far as work/home life balance - seems very outdated as far as flexibility and being understanding.
Doesn’t apply with your at home responsibilities
Tugger Driver (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 4, 2018
The job itself isn’t hard but it is a very long day and the compensation is very little at least when I was there, venture is for people who don’t have any other choice in jobs, it’s a dead end, you don’t move up, you’re expected to work very very hard for very little pay, most of your day is spend at work including part of the next day and most of all supervisors have no respect no matter how hard one works
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Payrate remains the same, lack of respect from management, and does not apply with a healthy organized lifestyle
as a driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 1, 2018
Driver's were pushed to work long hours and spent most of their days waiting for loads at SIA due to the fact that loads where never ready. Or that loads would be contracted out. Then when Venture drivers would show up on time contracted drivers would take loads out from under Venture drivers.
Pros
decent pay checks
Cons
the dispatchers would not listen to drivers, office staff would not be respectful to drivers
Hardest part of the job
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 16, 2018
Making the drivers upset. They are upset that they do not get the truck they want. Some are smokers- some are not! They had to work on their shutdown and most had already paid for vacations.
My job
Maintenance Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 14, 2018
I really enjoy the people I work with and I get along with about everyone at this company. It is a good place to work and I really enjoy my work but I just don't see anywhere I can move up in the company. The reason I am looking at other jobs are the distance from my home and trying to find a job paying more money.
Pros
The people that I work with
Cons
Healthcare
Good job
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 7, 2018
It is a fast paced job that is stressful but can be better if the management was more family oriented and treated there drivers so much better than just a number.
Venture Logistics
Fleet/Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 2, 2018
I had a great manager at my terminal when working as a driver manager. He would work with me to show me all the ropes. The enjoyable part of the job was the laid back atmosphere.
Pros
CEO takes employees to football games in his suite
Cons
Pay
Management needs more tact
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOMay 31, 2018
The head of the St. Louis Terminal is very full of himself and thinks that everything that is beneficial to the company is also beneficial to the drivers as well. They try to be flexible, and they are accommodating at times, but when they need something done, it is all about what they need.
Pros
Hometime
Cons
Lies to get you to work with them
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 25, 2018
stressful job
no help form dispatch.
constant call while driving the tractor trailer
get paid per mile in bumper to bumper traffic
low doc pay
horrible management
Pros
got some experince
Cons
Management dispacte

Want to know more about Venture Logistics Inc.?

Ask a question
Great people
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 17, 2018
This is a great company to work for if you are a driver. This company will do all they can to make sure their drivers are taken care of. They are very family oriented.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
Too many changes
Exceptional oportunity for Advancement
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 7, 2018
Venture Logistics has a dynamic working environment with unlimited opportunities for advancement. The ownership is exceptional. The work load and expectation is also exceptional. If you want to work hard and learn a great deal in a short time, get a job here. If you want to cruise, collect a pay check and do the minimum scroll down.

Good Luck!
Good place to work at first, not after 1 year or currently.
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2018
Was great place to work at the beginning helping with the merger of TransCorr with Venture Logistics. Management made bad decisions & allowed spending of too much money which caused massive permanent layoffs. Supervisor's & Management were not willing to take employees needs & considerations into effect regarding their positions. This made for upset employees & high turnover rate.
To much work not enough pay
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 27, 2018
The amount of hours that where spent behind the wheel didn't justify the amount of pay. Terminal was a mud pit. Dispatcher also showed favoritism to his pets so if your the low man you will stay that way.
Plenty of flexibility, terrible management and job culture
Assistant Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 27, 2018
Venture Logistics is a rising star in the logistics world and is a great place if you're looking to advance your career very fast.

However the company will play fast and loose with rules and regulations and will pay you salary exempt from overtime but with the expectation that you work as long as they want you to and on whatever day they want you to

If you don't mind receiving 2am phone calls and being told to come in on the weekend the day before, and don't mind a capricious style of management, you'll do fine here.
Pros
frequent free lunches, flexibility on breaks
Cons
terrible work-life balance, no over-time pay
great
Yard Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INApril 24, 2018
its a great place to gain experience learn and grow and to look forward in which areas of the company you want to grow and be in top of the food chain
it is a good place for a beginer in the driving feild
Spotter driver/ technical field instructor (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INApril 23, 2018
although I have work for venture for almost 5 years I should not have stayed as long as i did however this is a good place to get experience for the beginner driver
Great work environment
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2018
They had a awesome school great teachers the dispatch team you couldn’t ask for any better, they always willing to help you, if you want a company in the Indianapolis area this is it
Fulfilling, enjoyable job learning new skills
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMarch 29, 2018
My typical day consisted of managing several accounts from the time the shipment was sent by the customer, entered into the system, assigned to a driver and tracked while providing constant communication to the customer while in transit. I learned a lot regarding the world of logistics. I enjoyed that the job was dynamic and came with challenges daily. I worked with a great team, we prided ourselves on working together as a team effort. The hardest part of the job was realizing that with all of the moving parts in logistics, that there were going to be hiccups that could not be fixed immediately. Overall enjoyable job that allowed me to learn new things.
Pros
Constantly learning new things
Cons
No room for advancement
Very poor place to work for.
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 13, 2018
Driver managers / Dispatchers are clueless and have bo idea what it's like on the road nor do they care. Orientation is a joke, people conducting orientation do not know half of what they are supposed to know about the process.
Pros
Cons
Pay is nowhere near what the tell you it will be.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Venture Logistics Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about