Venture Logistics Inc. Employee Reviews

Hard working co-wrokers
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 19, 2019
Fantastic company. Co-workers do what is needed to get the job done. Whatever it takes. The team work and communication is the best I have seen in this industry. Two customers #1 our drivers #2 those we haul freight for. Always moving in a positive direction.
Pros
The drivers I work with!
Cons
Insurance could be better, I guess it is like this everywhere
Love being a recruiter here
Driver Recruiter (Current Employee) –  IndianapolisMarch 15, 2019
I am a current recruiter here and don't intend to represent all recruiters here. I really like working here. Most days I feel productive. Management is "NOT A GOLF CLUB". They are and have been proactive with obtaining our goals and getting more hires. This is a people/driver oriented company and am grateful to work here
Pros
Great coworkers, money, and willingness to listen and learn
Cons
This is a sales position and you do get a lot of rejection
Cutthroat, terrible management.
Yard driver (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INFebruary 25, 2019
If you like getting treated like you're less than dirt, getting talked down to & treated like you have the IQ of a squirrel, come work here. That's how management treats employees.
Lots of favoritism, if they don't like you, they'll fire you for no reason. However, if they do like you, then you can sit around all shift, destroy equipment and not get fired.
Pros
Only 30 minutes for lunch
Cons
Cutthroat mean spirited management.
Don’t work here
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 4, 2019
I was a recruiter there for a while. I can tell you they don’t care about anyone there. Drivers or internal employees. I give you a fair warning DO NOT work here for any position. Favoritism is through the roof, and management is just a big golf club that barely communicate with you. There is nothing new to learn here, and no room for advancement. I’m not saying this as a bitter previous employee, I’m saying this as it is. Do not work here.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Terrible leadership, no room to move up
Working for Venture
Logistics Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 26, 2019
A typical day starts with a 20 minute walk from the Suburu parking lot, through the entire plant and across the docks to a trailer where Venture is located. The work was fast paced and very detail oriented. The co-workers were nice but there was a lot of favoritism there favoring 1st shift and anyone who was friendly towards the 1st shift manager who happened to be the wife of a Suburu CEO and the company is contracted through Suburu.. The hardest part of the job was dealing with bad weather because of having to work outside for part of the job. The best part was the abundance of work and overtime. The pay was not a living wage but the people were definitely very nice to work with.
Pros
Very busy so time flew by and lots of OT.
Cons
Interoffice gossip, bad management. (Favoritism.)
Backstabbing gossiping
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 7, 2019
Unbelievably unorganized. Training consists mostly of talking badly about other Co workers while texting and watching YouTube. Short handed due to staff not staying because of currently poor staff and management. Very poor management that makes decisions based on gossip.
Pros
Cons
Backstabbing, gossip, poor work environment.
Very demanding, poor training
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INOctober 24, 2018
Venture works for some people, if management likes you. Little advancement opportunity. With proper training can be a good stepping stone for future employment.
Pros
Some good people work there
Cons
young management
Fast paced environment but a great place to work
Driver manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 6, 2018
This was a fast paced environment, working with the scheduling of trucks for 34 employees. Dealing with issues as they arose with those assigned drivers.
OK place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 4, 2018
Most of the people are nice to work with, but management could be better as far as work/home life balance - seems very outdated as far as flexibility and being understanding.
Doesn’t apply with your at home responsibilities
Tugger Driver (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 4, 2018
The job itself isn’t hard but it is a very long day and the compensation is very little at least when I was there, venture is for people who don’t have any other choice in jobs, it’s a dead end, you don’t move up, you’re expected to work very very hard for very little pay, most of your day is spend at work including part of the next day and most of all supervisors have no respect no matter how hard one works
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Payrate remains the same, lack of respect from management, and does not apply with a healthy organized lifestyle
as a driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 1, 2018
Driver's were pushed to work long hours and spent most of their days waiting for loads at SIA due to the fact that loads where never ready. Or that loads would be contracted out. Then when Venture drivers would show up on time contracted drivers would take loads out from under Venture drivers.
Pros
decent pay checks
Cons
the dispatchers would not listen to drivers, office staff would not be respectful to drivers
Hardest part of the job
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 16, 2018
Making the drivers upset. They are upset that they do not get the truck they want. Some are smokers- some are not! They had to work on their shutdown and most had already paid for vacations.
My job
Maintenance Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 14, 2018
I really enjoy the people I work with and I get along with about everyone at this company. It is a good place to work and I really enjoy my work but I just don't see anywhere I can move up in the company. The reason I am looking at other jobs are the distance from my home and trying to find a job paying more money.
Pros
The people that I work with
Cons
Healthcare
Good job
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 7, 2018
It is a fast paced job that is stressful but can be better if the management was more family oriented and treated there drivers so much better than just a number.
Venture Logistics
Fleet/Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 2, 2018
I had a great manager at my terminal when working as a driver manager. He would work with me to show me all the ropes. The enjoyable part of the job was the laid back atmosphere.
Pros
CEO takes employees to football games in his suite
Cons
Pay
Management needs more tact
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOMay 31, 2018
The head of the St. Louis Terminal is very full of himself and thinks that everything that is beneficial to the company is also beneficial to the drivers as well. They try to be flexible, and they are accommodating at times, but when they need something done, it is all about what they need.
Pros
Hometime
Cons
Lies to get you to work with them
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 25, 2018
stressful job
no help form dispatch.
constant call while driving the tractor trailer
get paid per mile in bumper to bumper traffic
low doc pay
horrible management
Pros
got some experince
Cons
Management dispacte
Great people
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 17, 2018
This is a great company to work for if you are a driver. This company will do all they can to make sure their drivers are taken care of. They are very family oriented.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
Too many changes
Exceptional oportunity for Advancement
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 7, 2018
Venture Logistics has a dynamic working environment with unlimited opportunities for advancement. The ownership is exceptional. The work load and expectation is also exceptional. If you want to work hard and learn a great deal in a short time, get a job here. If you want to cruise, collect a pay check and do the minimum scroll down.

Good Luck!
Good place to work at first, not after 1 year or currently.
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2018
Was great place to work at the beginning helping with the merger of TransCorr with Venture Logistics. Management made bad decisions & allowed spending of too much money which caused massive permanent layoffs. Supervisor's & Management were not willing to take employees needs & considerations into effect regarding their positions. This made for upset employees & high turnover rate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Venture Logistics Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9