Veolia

Veolia Employee Reviews

United States1,086 reviews

Found 1,086 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,616 reviews

Just give average performance

Typical wastewater operator job benefits where average maybe less but seems everything is below average. My site was understaffed and was no ability to change or adapt schedule for family emergency or issues that just come up on life. On call 24/7 basically cause only a few operators worked and rest of on call personnel where non operators so could not do much. Operators where called no matter the problem. Overall big company sp you are just a number to them. Literally do an average Job because no advancement or pay increase for hard workers or even appreciative management

Bad management and low pay

Nice that it’s union work with good insurance but that’s pretty much it, the union and Veolia doesn’t want to pay fairly for the work you do. Management is disorganized and HR is unfair especially during covid times

Veolia insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Misleading and Manipulative

Veolia offers a great benefits package with low pay. In my first week I worked about 60 hours with no lunch breaks. I did not speak to my manager/supervisor once. The company only cares about the work getting completed not the employee. Avoid if possible.

Pros

Good benefits, Lots of overtime potential

Cons

No breaks, No support from management

It's alright

good benefits not so competive pay to other plants in the industry, You have to bust you butt all the time to get anywhere, but that can be a good thing depending on your work ethic. And if you are well driven on working.

It is hard to find a sense of belonging

It is hard for an engineer to find a sense of belonging here at Veolia North America. The management is trying to help under the current pressure of losing their teams. But normally, a non-white person gets the feeling of he/she is made of glass. People just bypass you at even internal meetings like they can't see you.Project work is generally interesting. However, there can be very confusing directions given by BD and their bosses.Under current pressure, the company seems ready to hire anyone who submitted a resume without reading into it and giving it a serious evaluation.

Horrible Work Environment

Poor Management and Being Exposed To Too Many Hazards Which Creates A Unsafe Work Place While Working With Unexperienced Worker’s Which Creates Many Hazards In The Workplace.

Sorry pay and expected to do it all

The pay here is the lowest in the area but if you are willing to put up with a bunch of bull for a couple of years while you get the training and experience to go somewhere else that actually appreciates you then it's okay. If you are looking for a place to retire this is not the place. The insurance is wonderful but the pay is not and the expectation don't match the pay. You will have to teach operators how to do there job and at some points do their job for them because they don't know even though they have been signed off on the piece of equipment.

Run

55-60 hours a week every week. No work life balance. MOTO for Veolia is if you don't like it then quit. People coming in with no experience and are making more than 3-5 year employees. Your job description and title constantly changes to benefit Veolia only. No one is treated equally! Run run run!

Pros

Plenty of overtime if you want no life

Cons

Management is disconnected

They have great medical/injury benefits but do not pay competitively

Work long hours, fight for promotions, unfair pay gaps w/ all employees, low training opportunities to excel, no credit for efforts, poor work attitude

Management would lie about your rase. Done believe the Tier system BS. It's years away.

The group your work with will be good people mostly. But the upper management doesn't know the heads from a hole in the ground. The good is the workers. The bad is the management.

Pros

The work load isn't that bad.

Cons

They say they want to be competitive with pay to cut down on turnover rate. That's a lie.

I can not speak for all of them but the plant in Azusa Ca is a great place to work

Great benefits good environment with good leadership. The best thing I can say about this company is the safety moto . Not safety first like most companies. This one is Safety Always and it is true for what you work for and do.

Do not recommend

Low pay for back breaking work. Hostile management. Toxic culture among the field managers. Stay away because they will work you, break your body, then throw you out

Uncomfortable work environment. Upper management lacked the skills or desire to promote a positive work environment.

The workload was unreasonable causing animosity amongst co-workers. There is not effort to create positive team building. Upper management was insensitive to individual needs. Compensation was low and bonuses no paid.

Pros

Cons

Dead end job - no advancement from within

Nice Place to Work

Great Company to work for. Great team atmosphere and people are friendly. The business unit in Plainfield is involved in multiple markets from Lithium, to Fertilizer, and Oil and Gas to name a few. So there is always work no matter which way the economy is headed. The drafting department gives you room to grow and you can get into tank design, fabrication drawings, general arrangements, and piping design. Both 2D and 3D AutoCAD. Looks like the bad reviews come from the same disgruntled employee making several entries.

Great Place to Work

So far this has been a great job. Not too fond of the equity and inclusion training I first went through but I haven't had a need to use any of it. I have some slight difference of opinion of the companies goals, but overall they truly care and want to make a difference.

Pros

Flexibility, Location, Decent Pay, Benifits.

Cons

I would consider to be more woke than I would like.

Good for starting a career

Can be a wonderful place to start your career and can have good opportunities as long your in the right location. Better than a day to day job that can become monotonous after doing the same thing everything.

Great group of people to work with, great pay and benefits, encouraging atmosphere

I enjoyed my time working as a Wastewater Lab Tech and appreciated the support of coworkers and management alike. For the most part, our team got along very well and we had exceptional management. It was the best job I've ever had and was sad to leave because of personal issues.

Pros

Great pay and benefits

Cons

Not being able to talk to HR in person

Accounting Analyst

Pretty standard corporate benefits. No match on 401k which is standard for most mid size to large companies. Flexible work schedule. Average pay for most jobs compared to the market.

An antiquated exclusive group of people only interested in making it to retirement.

The culture has been around for over 25 years along with all of it's managers and half it's employees. If you are not in this exclusive group you are below them. Prepare to be overloaded with work while your senior piers are sheltered by management. The rules and standards are different based on who you are not the actual rules or standards.

What it's really like.

This company is pretty horrible. Yes, they will work with you if you need days off and if you get sick. They will definitely complain and give you grief if you call out. The company says they are all about safe work but to get work done has no issue turning a blind eye. They also give the lowest raise they can unless you have been there for a long time or are a company favorite. Hard work doesn't pay off and gives you no relevant work experience for any other job. The job is to drive a truck and pack chemicals that's it. the fact that they ask for a degree is actually laughable. A trained monkey can do that job and progress faster than a new guy who doesn't s the company d.

it was like one big happy family

start at 6 am begin data entrylearned how to run a department and keep it under budgetmanagement for the most part was okayworkplace culture was acceptable workflow and job expectations were goodleaving retiring if I did nid not retire my Job was eliminated because of covidthe most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships I made that continue to this day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veolia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Veolia with

• Veolia
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?