Veolia Employee Reviews

Company really went downhill during last recession.
Wastewater Treatment Operator, Class II (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDJuly 13, 2018
Loved the wastewater industry. Pay and benefits good. The actual work was varied and interesting.
Was a good company to work for until the recession hit. Then they insisted we get more and more done, with less help (positions cut) and in eight hours a day. Became impossible to do it all
Became very stressful and impossible to get everything done right..
Pros
Good industry, good pay and benefits
Cons
Unrealistic expectations on the part of management.
Call Center
Customer Service Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2018
Basic call center setting, set up new service, billing questions, terminate or move services for customer overall general billing issues. Not a lot of opportunity for advancement this may have changed.
Driver Supervisor
Driver Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COJuly 11, 2018
I have been both a CDL driver, Driver trainer and Driver Supervisor. I have completed the National Safety Counsel’s Transportation Safety certification program.
Safe loading and unloading of Bulk Haz material tankers and Vans. Maintain OSHA trainings. Maintain driver logs and ensure all equipment was up to state and federal standards.
I also preformed the following- Loading and unloading of hazmat in bulk tanker Vac Tanks, vans and Vans. Ensuring proper PPE was used at all times.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
Very precise
Poorly Run Company
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  New York MetroJuly 9, 2018
Company is financially being driven into the ground by bad decisions made at the managerial level. Overpaying for new business and sales personnel creating projects where money is lost on the bottom line.
The hardest part of my job .
Midwest Regional Account Manger (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 6, 2018
The goals and expectation of Veolia where way over the market share in St Louis.

New territory based on selling one product line which was not enough off set the cost of operation .
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Not good at planning
Low hourly rate for the work you do
TECHICIAN (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYJuly 1, 2018
I worked out of town 100% travel job. started at $12 hour. and work 7 12s for months at a time. Good learning experience. too low of pay for the dangers that you are associated with.
Pros
good co workers, good learning expiernece
Cons
low hourly pay, no advancement opportunites
I enjoyed the atmosphere with the company at each day I would come to work. The employees and dispatch were very understanding and friendly.
Coach Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  1950 E. Washington Blvd.,Los ÁngelesJune 28, 2018
Veolia has provided me with benefits and a foundation for growth. The team of employees and the environment were exceptional and as a previous employee, I definitely recommend this company for the next new hire.
Pros
Comfortable environment, good pay
Cons
If you have a missouts it takes a year to makeup
Not a bad place
Route driver , trash collection (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJune 28, 2018
Pay could have been a little better . Home time was fair and also benefits package/ vacation and pro was acceptable. Equipment was in poor condition and not well maintained
Pros
Home time
Cons
Conditions
great company
Hydro Blast Operator/ Vacuum Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 26, 2018
Vacuum truck operations. Safety first culture. Management was knowledgeable and very helpful. Everyone worked well together. Being on call 24/7 was tough to adapted to.
Fun and welcoming environment to work in
Intern (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MAJune 22, 2018
All of the employees were extremely friendly and always willing to help you and answer any questions you may have had about the position. Management was well invested in creating an amicable workspace while still maintaining a professional environment.
Production
Environmental Intern (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJune 20, 2018
Productive employees with a great support from management. Working in an automotive plant environment can prove difficult because of the constant circumstances needed to work in.
Great place to Learn
Wastewater Operator (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 18, 2018
This is a great place to learn from and reach your professional goals. Everyone was very helpful and kind. I loved working there as I felt really safe.
Company is focused
Benefits Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 14, 2018
Very busy and stressful during the day putting out many fires.
I learned that you have to take initiative for yourself as the company does not for it's employees. Management could be ran better with the right individuals. The culture of Veolia is that work comes first and family comes second. The hardest part of the job were the upper management demands. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping people in the field.
Pros
Flexible schedule, work remotely
Cons
Management, overworked
Great Place to Work
Bus Fleet Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 14, 2018
Veolia offers excellent driver's training and continued ongoing training. You will have secret shoppers evaluate you at any time. You will learn to drive every transportation vehicle in their fleet. Enjoyed driving the park n ride routes. Had great buses to drive. Also enjoyed the articulate buses they are fun to drive.
Pros
Early Shifts, Bid Routes
Cons
Some Routes are Splits
Interesting Work Experience
Technical Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 11, 2018
Fast paced work that includes a lot of attention to detail. Can have slow days and long days. Some of the extra stress can be easily avoided but the coworkers are nice and friendly.
Fast paced work environment
MATERIAL HANDLER II (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJune 10, 2018
In a typical day I get to work at 5am and get on the incinerator around 5:30 to make relief. Then I work on the conveyor for four hours then rotate with other team members. I have learned how to multitask in a fast paced environment and to stay organized while on the platform. I really appreciate the guidance of the management team.
Hydroblaster-Tech 1
Technician I (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 6, 2018
I literally enjoyed being the person who climbed. Into the gas and oil tanks. Using the Hydroblaster Machine is honestly fun.I can admit i was. Afraid of heights at first not anymore lol great job great work experience
Pros
Great hours
Cons
7 day weeks
Not much fun
Supervisor-Tank Services (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 1, 2018
I worked hard for Veolia for over four years. In this time, two branches were closed down due to poor management and I was forced into a new department I was not familiar with. Minimal support from the management team.
Productive and demanding
Process Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 23, 2018
Reviewing data, create charts and analysis of the process.
The hardest part of the job was weather dependents because we have to make adjustments according to it.
The most enjoyable part was working with the different areas of the plant such as energy, wet end and dry end.
Workplace culture was dual. New management has the policy of looking into individual rather than emphases in the process to find solutions.
Temp Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 21, 2018
i was there as a temp, cleaning person , soon i was doing other jobs as well, such as filing, faxing, and placing calls to customers and loved working there and was sad when my time had ended.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Cleaning and certain employee

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veolia. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.4Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight