Vera Bradley Employee Reviews

A Good Company
Mfg Supervisor/Senior Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  New Haven, INJune 16, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Vera Bradley. It was positive and I established great relationships. I appreciated opportunities to utilize and improve skills related to my degree and work history.
I love working at Vera Bradley
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJ 08837June 12, 2018
Working for this company is very pleasing! Everyone is so kin! The Company is amazing! The award system is very kind. Not many hours. But the discount is amzing as well!
Fun Atmosphere
Chief Marketing Office (CMO) (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 12, 2018
The company is a fun place to work. Very relaxed, casual environment.

Company CEO is a visionary with the intelligence necessary to turnaround the company.
Pros
Fun casual environment
Cons
More focus on the consumer is needed
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, ILJune 12, 2018
Vera Bradley is a great work environment with employees willing to help in the store and in your future career. They genuinely care about the individual.
Demanding work atmosphere
Southern Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 8, 2018
I loved my job and had many opportunities to grow and learn. There were no - typical days at work. Always a new challenge to tackle and lots of encouragement to take ownership.
Not so temporary
Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, INJune 5, 2018
worked in the same position for 2 years as a "temporary" employee. Averaged over 40 hours, they had no interest in making it a full-time employee with benefits.
Overall a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 21, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Vera Bradley but it ended due to lack of communication between my supervisor and myself. It is a good company but they promote poorly and that kills the morale of their employees.
Pros
Pay, Hours and Job Requirements
Not a nice place to be
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  DelawareApril 28, 2018
Most of the sales women were unpleasant, gossipy and made snide remarks behind your back. I had one sales-child steal things from me and they would turn up a day or two later. Manager did nothing.
Pros
If you like their handbags the discount is free.
An Excellent Job for a Decent Company
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 27, 2018
I worked part time for Vera Bradley in Bellevue WA for almost four years throughout college. The location I worked at was wonderful. The management team was great and I had room to eventually move up in my position. The company over all took care of us fairly well. Dinner or lunch on busy days and good communication. However, the Bellevue location was shut down with not much warning and we had only two weeks to completely vacate the store. The situation on the corporate aspect was not handled nearly as well as it should have been and that lost them a star for me.
Was a wonderful experience with great memories and accomplishements.
Regional Sale's Manager NEPA/ CNY (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 25, 2018
Long days and unrealistic deadlines provided a stressful work place but compensation and overwhelmed, absent management made it easier to bear. However, when guidance from management was needed it was difficult to get answers.
Pros
Compensation Package
Cons
Sliding revenues due to company switch in focus.
Productive, relaxed place to work
Sales Associate/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NCApril 22, 2018
Vera Bradley is a great company to work for. It's normally a relaxed place to work, customers are very self sufficient and the Store Manager is great.
Great Culture and place to work.
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, INApril 13, 2018
Working in the Stonebridge warehouse is a great place to work. Everyone is friendly/fun, they help others with their work and it is a great team environment to build professional relationships.

On some days you will have a ton of work and deadlines and on other days you will have no work and no deadlines. Just depends on the workload and service levels at the moment.

Management is fair and friendly. If you work hard and do your job, you will have no problems. If you are late, slow-paced, or absent often can cause you problems. Otherwise, if you do you job you will be fine.
Pros
Bonus $$$$, Straight 8-hour shifts, great pay, 20+ paid days off, sometimes they feed you/parties
Cons
standing/walking a lot, no AC in the summer, can be dirty/physically demanding
it was a experience
Leader (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLApril 5, 2018
the work is not hard at all you just have to make sure your on your toes at all time cause there is always someone watching and making sure your doing things right.
A great job, just not a great fit for me.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIApril 3, 2018
At Vera Bradley, the environment is safe and the pay is good, but getting hours were a bit tough sometimes. The hardest part of the job is trying to find the exact match for what the customer wants.
Vera
Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 3, 2018
Over all a great experience for a management retail job. The store can be super busy but it can also have many slow days. You do get to know the customers and develop selling skills
great place to work
Retail Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAMarch 29, 2018
Vera Bradley was one of my favorite places to work. The team was great and the company really cared for their workers. The benefits were amazing and they employee discount was fantastic.
Great Buildng
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, INMarch 26, 2018
Working in a factory is a tough job, indeed. From the month I was there, I saw that people were friendly and always open to conversation. The temperature was always accommodating.
Pros
Climate
Cons
Standing
Wonderful work enviroment!
Team Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 25, 2018
I worked for and amazing Store Manager and Asst. Manager! When you walked in to work it was as if you were with family. Everyone was great to work with and we never had any issues with our clients.
Cons
As a part time Team Lead i didnt recieve any type of benifits.
Awesome place everyone is nice & will help you where you need
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 14, 2018
I think this is an awesome job I would recommend working here. Great staff, smooth easy work. Only left cause I was a temp, but would work there again anytime.
Amazing Company, Horrible Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCMarch 7, 2018
I wish I could have continued my job at Vera Bradley as it was a perfect fit for myself, though I was placed with a horrible Manager and a few rude co-workers. I was harassed by a co-worker and I feel as if I was treated differently after we dealt with the problem. Also, at my store, in particular, there was a lot of bullying and lying running around. All in all, most of the workers were very child-like. I wish I would have been able to transfer - this is an amazing job as long as you are under great management!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vera Bradley. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight