Verengo Solar Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
must be inspired to sell
Santa Fe Springs - Internship (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAMarch 19, 2018
Verengo is a great company if your looking for competive slaes and fast paced days i defeinetly do recommend trying and becoming a team member preferablly as a scout going door to door
Back stabbed
Canvass Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 12, 2018
owners were pushed aside and the new ones intentionally drove it in to the ground and filed for bankruptcy, then sold the company owing employees money. HORRIBLE TO WORK FOR IN THE END
worst
Customer Service/ Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Took quote requests or orders from customers
• Had to have great listener skills to make sure
• Help in any situation the client was and critical skills to find solutions for the
problems that might happen.
Bankruptcy
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 3, 2018
the company filed for bankruptcy and unknown if the company is still operating and/or hiring. The majority of my colleagues and managers no longer work with the company.
Company is no longer around.
Sale Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Company is no longer around. Door to door canvassing to sell solar panels or to rent roof top space. The company paid on time and was pretty laxed about hours worked.
Great Company Atmosphere before they went out business
Sales (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 23, 2018
This company is now out of business. Leadership was great when I got there, after I left I hear there was a lot of turnover at the C-Level and everything went down hill from there.
gave me everything i needed and more
Permit Coordinator/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NY\January 9, 2018
I had a great job, a company vehicle to take home, laptop, phone, they pretty much gave me exactly what I needed and even more. But during the time of my hire they were transitioning into NRG home solar who had bought the office warehouse and installs.
A very interesting learning place
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 8, 2018
It was great to learn about a new technology that customers are interested that is beneficial to customer and the world in which we are trying to improve and save for many generations
Company Went Under
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 6, 2017
It was a decent company, just very competitive. Not to mention it went out of business. My manager was awesome and there was room for advancement, just not the job for me.
Out of state company
Funding Partner Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 28, 2017
You need to know about solar, all that is required to work to provided info to tech to correct a problem and to provide correct info that the job can be completed correctly.
Fun acvtive learning it was awesome fun ticket on big ticket items except for months end when you have to do inventory
Warehouse Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 25, 2017
it was a great job I enjoyed daily task and working with others it was all and all a great experience i would love to be back with them But unfortunately i have relocated to Visalia
bad place to work
Site Analysis/Surveyor PV (Former Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 18, 2017
Not......fun place to work skill set utilized satisfying job work experience learned more aspects of solar working on these jobs enjoyed working for company management was ok. Not...
Pros
Cons
everything
fun place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2017
good place to work except now is out of business enjoyed management excellent salary. great benefits. easy location. People were enjoyable to work with
Pros
good incentives
Cons
too much work
No longer a company
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Ventura County, CAAugust 7, 2017
I joined Vernego on the couple tail end years. The environment was very hectic and unorganized. The comp plans kept changing and dwindling lower and lower. The management was scarce in terms of support. Not a great company to work for.
Too hurried to work efficiently
Payroll / Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 26, 2017
It is a call center. Of course they are in a hurry. My boss was extremely devoted and an excellent motivator of people. The company became too top heavy for it's own good.
Great while it lasted, but in the end a slow downward spiral
Operations (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 3, 2017
At one point in time this was a great company. Then they wanted to grow too fast and that usually means that sales guys and investors need to make their money. Fast forward a couple years to 2016 and this company is filing bankruptcy for being in massive debt. They finally let go of the majority of the employees in 2017 after promising that a large energy company buyout was going to save the day- turns out that they energy company just needed a tax break! Truly a sad state of affairs. They seemed to be switching completely to only doing installs for large development companies in new communities, but who knows how long that will last.
Pros
renewable energy industry
Cons
Bankruptcy, constant layoffs, consolidation of management into positions they know little of
Great Culture
Sales Consultant Intern (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 19, 2017
When this company was in business, they absolutely took care of their interns and sales reps. They insured the knowledge was secured in the new employees before beginning the B2B aspect. I enjoyed the culture and the focus of the company. Awesome place to work!
Verengo Solar
Processor/Data Evaluation (Former Employee) –  Ahwatukee, AZMay 18, 2017
It is now out of business but when i did work there i was under a man named Dan Barton and he was absolutely amazing and such a great guy to work with
No long in service
Digital Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 10, 2017
Helped manage and grow a marketing department that went from a startup to a $140 million dollar industry leader in 4 years.

Began as a graphic designer/web developer and grew to become the Online Marketing Manager, and supervised a team of 3 SEO experts, 2 SEM experts, 2 graphic designer, 2 web developer, and a remote copy writer.
Life in Verengo
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAApril 18, 2017
It was a hard first job. Only part time which was fine because I was in school. It was a door to door sale job, talking to home owners and really pushed to get the sale. It was hard working in the freezing cold or burning hot sun and getting yelled at all the time just because we were a solar company. But the pay was phenomenal. For paid hourly and commissions. It was a hard, demanding job but the people I woke with made the job for me. We got along great and really pushed each other to succeed!
Pros
Road trips, the pay, my co-workers, over all experience pushed me to become a people person and communicating better
Cons
Working in scary neighborhoods alone, or only with two girls. Being chased by dogs and got bit by one.