Verengo Solar Employee Reviews for Canvasser

Back stabbed
Canvass Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 12, 2018
owners were pushed aside and the new ones intentionally drove it in to the ground and filed for bankruptcy, then sold the company owing employees money. HORRIBLE TO WORK FOR IN THE END
Company is no longer around.
Sale Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Company is no longer around. Door to door canvassing to sell solar panels or to rent roof top space. The company paid on time and was pretty laxed about hours worked.
Company Went Under
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 6, 2017
It was a decent company, just very competitive. Not to mention it went out of business. My manager was awesome and there was room for advancement, just not the job for me.
Unprofessional, terrible communication, unethical.
Canvasser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 1, 2016
I worked there for a period of about 8 months and was even a top producer in my region (I know it seems like everyone says that, but I was!). Very unprofessional. From day one we had no formal training and at the time it was either "sink or swim." Very little opportunity to advance and overall communication was terrible. The job ended with the entire region of southern Californian cutting their sales rep and canvassing programs. They did this by bringing us all to one place (not telling us what was going on), confiscating our company material and letting us all go.
Pros
pay was nice, good bonuses
Cons
horrible communication.
Productive and fun work place
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day on the job includes meeting up with co workers and planning a route to work. Once pre planning is done, all workers are split into groups and set out to schedule as many appointments as possible. The things I learned during my time at Verengo were overcoming objections customers threw at me while communicating with them face-to-face. The hardest part of the job was staying positive when things were not going your way but that was overcome by having positive co-workers and remembering every new face is a new opportunity to improve. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to reinvent yourself at every door and trying to improve yourself.
Pros
Plenty of chances for advancement
Cons
Not meeting sales expectations meant demotion
Dangerous, far from home, inconvenient
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 1, 2014
A typical day consists of nearly passing out of heat stroke, getting attacked by dogs, walking for hours in a neighborhood you've never been to, and struggling with gas for the car. I learned to never do door-to-door sales ever again, and the management was very unorganized. The best part of this job was payday.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else.
Throw you to the wolves
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 6, 2014
Watch some videos and hit the streets. Sick, sun, rain, snow, uphill, dangerous neighborhoods, rude people, bad training, dogs coming at you, and so on you have to produce if not then you'll receive the call and an email saying they did A B C and D to help you and they never did that. Give you 20 hrs to start but have to work or are frowned upon if you work before 4pm on weekdays and weekends which shows how does the 40hr week look like. You will drive 20-40 minutes to get new areas. If it requires a permit they will send you to outskirts of the city where its not necessary. They say to qualify them but then just say get anyone even if they dont meet it so just get their number and well call them 10times a day and to let the call center do the call. Bad leadership but learned communication and handling escalating situations.

San Diego has it worse their trainer manager is 3 hours away from them. They just watch some videos as we did and have to get walking up and down hills and have to produce no matter what in areas that have been hit with so many solar companies.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
everything else
Verengo Rewards Hard Work
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Verengo is a fantastic company for those who are willing to to go the extra mile for their careers. Verengo has great room for advancement in little to no time at all. The work is hard though, requiring you to face rejection from customers regularly. But for those driven salesmen/women out there it is the ideal job. The company is great and takes care of training. You determine the hours you will work. The best part of this job is that unlike most sales positions, Verengo pays you for the hours you work AND any sales you bring in. Its easy to go to work and do what needs to get done when you are being paid for your time.
Pros
Great Pay System and management
Cons
Personal Vehicle is a must have for this position
Challenging job that requires you to drive A LOT
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesNovember 27, 2013
A typical work day as a canvasser entails, if you live in a area that doesn't provide SCE(Southern California Edison) prepare to drive, and drive a lot. You get an assigned territory from someone who is in another state and views it from a map thousands of feet above not knowing the conditions of the home or the roofs. The reason that is said because you are going door to door qualifying homeowners based on many factors. 1) shade 2) roof 3) house appearance 4) is owner home 5) is owner a homeowner 6) is their electricity bill over 150$ 7) is their credit over 700 8) can you convince them and their spouse this is a good plan. You have to do all those and if any of those do not factor in you do not have a qualified homeowner. What I learned at this job were communicational skills. You have to be sharp on the job as there are rude homeowners and nice ones to offer you a drink of water while walking in 90ยบ+ weather. The thing I enjoyed most was the freedom and the ability to set your own schedule. While you could set your own realistically you would have to work after 4pm because there aren't as many homeowners before then and if you worked before that, you were frowned upon.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
commission, long drives, rude homeowners, working outside in the heat, cold and rain.