Veriha Trucking Employee Reviews

Load planning specialist (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WISeptember 13, 2018
Fast paced environment where your peers work as a team. Very friendly and likeable atmosphere where your accomplishments get noticed. I would recommend to a friend!
Pros
Popcorn Fridays, Family friendly
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WISeptember 12, 2018
Fast paced environment, managed by thoughtful and caring professionals that promote a work life balance for all employees and are constantly looking for ways to improve its commitment to its driving professionals. If you are looking for a career in which you truly want to be part of a team this is the place for you.
Pros
Feeling good about doing your part to enhance the trucking community
Cons
At times it can be a stressful job but that just makes the rewards all that sweeter
Great Place to Work
Risk Management and HR (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WISeptember 11, 2018
Veriha Trucking is a great place to work! Although my personal circumstances changed and lead me in a different direction (relocation), I would highly recommend Veriha as a great place to work. Veriha’s leadership works extremely hard in making sure they are utilizing industry best practices in all facets of the company. Drivers and associates are treated with dignity and respect and are appreciated for the work performed. If a problem arises, there is a high-degree of advocacy in making sure problems are addressed and resolved fairly. There is a reason why this company was named in the top 20 - 2018 Best Fleets to Drive For. Highly recommend to anyone considering Veriha Trucking.
Pros
Compensation & Benefits, Best Practices, Leadership, Good Equipment, Culture
Safe Equipment. Good Leadership
Regional Driver (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WISeptember 9, 2018
Veriha provides newer equipment with safety features on the equipment. They are very concerned about your well-being. The hardest part of the job is not being home with my family. They do get me home weekly which is exactly what I signed up for when joining them. They have kept their word with meeting my take home pay expectations. They have weekly guarantee pay and the harder I work the larger that number gets. I am happy with the operations leaders as they do follow through on the issues I've brought up.
Great Equipment and Great Pay
Driver Trainer (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WISeptember 9, 2018
The equipment at Veriha is top notch! I have been training students for two years. Veriha does a great job with making adjustments based on feedback they get from the trainers to ensure that they acquire the skills needed to be successful. They recently made an increase in driver pay that definitely helped my take home pay to a level I never expected. It shows me that they care about keeping us here. Happy to be part of this great company!
Helpful and delivers as promised!
Driver Class A CDL (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WISeptember 6, 2018
I came to Veriha for the promised home time with my family. I am out11-14 days and they always deliver on my 72 hrs of home time. It is nice to feel that my fleet leader genuinely cares about me. I don’t care for big city driving and they don’t force it upon me. It is nice for a company to take my preference into account out on the road. Thank you Veriha Trucking!
Pros
Guaranteed home time!
Cons
Na
Awesome people to work with
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WISeptember 6, 2018
The team at Veriha is one of the best I have worked with. The 24/7 ops coverage is always able to help me out when hiccups occur after normal business hours. They have a sense of urgency to get the issue resolved and get me moving.
Pros
free coffee
Great company that puts family first
Class A Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Neenah,WISeptember 3, 2018
Veriha has done a great job with getting me home on a consistent schedule. I never had that with my other jobs. My fleet leader does a nice job with working with me to make sure my loads fit with what I want to do. Yes, there are kinks in the road but she is there to help me through them.
Pros
Plan to retire from Veriha
Great Place to Grow both Professionally and Personally
Controller (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIAugust 28, 2018
The investment Veriha puts into personal development is unbelievable - both for drivers and office employees. Veriha truly cares about ALL of its employees and wants to see them thrive - not just when they are on the clock - but in life outside of work as well.

Coming from a corporate environment focused on shareholders to a family-owned company that values its employees has been refreshing. I've been given opportunities to learn and grow that I would never have received at former employers.
Great place to start a CDL career.
CDL-A Driver (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIAugust 28, 2018
Veriha has a very educative atmosphere. Working with them was not a bad decision by any means. Compensation was plentiful considering lack of home time. Advancement in company is highly possible and they are always looking for Trainers.
Great company, great people, great opportunity!
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIAugust 27, 2018
There is plenty of opportunity for the drivers at Veriha. They encourage you to grow in your career and become a driver trainer but it is truly your call if you want to be part of this program. They do have a driving simulator that all drivers must complete annually. I was apprehensive at first but then realized how great it was to have winter driving practice before the real snow came. They really do provide comprehensive training across the board. My fleet leader does a great job with getting me the miles I need so my take home pay is great. I truly recommend this company to anyone that is seeking a new opportunity as a professional driver.
Awesome company with a family culture.
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIAugust 27, 2018
This company is awesome. The office, mechanics and drivers are all very friendly. I can’t believe how many people know me by name when I come into the office after only being with the company for a few months. They really work with you and your needs. They say they are family oriented and show it as well. I’ve never had an issue getting home for an event as long as I gave them the information in advance. I like the constructive feedback they’ve given me as it has really helped me in becoming a better driver.
Love Veriha
Pricing Manager (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIAugust 14, 2018
Veriha Trucking is a great place to work. They are people centric and take care of their drivers, office associates, and maintenance people. I highly recommend Veriha Trucking.
Great Place to Work
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIAugust 14, 2018
I have been with Veriha for over 5 years. Advancement and culture are important to me. I have had the privilege of being in 3 positions within the company. I appreciate the desire to promote from within and reward team members for their efforts.

Veriha is a fast-paced, forward thinking company with high expectations. In return they invest in and value their team members. I look forward to coming to work everyday and am excited to see what the future holds.
A company that truly cares about their people
Operations (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIJuly 11, 2018
Veriha Trucking truly cares about their people and invests in personal growth and development. Positive work environment,strong leadership, promotes from within
Pros
Personal development, autonomy, great teamwork
Great company with awesome people
Driver (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIJuly 10, 2018
Veriha has an apprentice program where they train drivers to obtain their CDL. This has opened up the door for me to increase my take home pay by training drivers in this program. I wouldn't say training is easy but it is definitely rewarding. They listen to my feedback.
Pros
office is helpful when you need assistance
A day in the life of a Veriha associate
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIJuly 9, 2018
Veriha overall has a lot of potential but they have to concentrate on their office retention as much as there driver retention. Work load is not balanced and it is difficult to accomplish what is expected of any associate on a daily basis. A lot of associates work through lunches and/or stay after hours, sign on from home to accomplish what needs to done. Management does not do sit in's to see what the workload actually is and where they need to streamline it in the office. Focus is more on driver retention and although they try to focus on team building overall there really is no time to view videos and read books without having to put something on the back burner. They fail to realize the stress level it creates and the effects it has on it's associates. I've witnessed tears and listened to a lot of negativity that is addressed in morning meetings but no end in sight. Employee turnover is just as high as driver turnover but mostly by their own doing. Not sure when they will realize that anyone they have let go or quit in the office in the last 2 years really have no documentation of any performance issues. It is all due to unrealistic expectations of the role whether it's safety, recruiting, load planner, CS or Fleet leader. Drivers are frustrated by the turn over too. Some have had 10+ fleet leaders in less than 4 years? They just get settled with one fleet leader and then that Fleet leader quit or got let go? Some have had 10+ fleet leaders in less than 4 years? They are implementing new software in the truck and given an hour or 2 of training and put out in the truck to  more... fend for themselves. Customers are in the same boat not knowing who to contact because of the never ending change of their customer service rep. Changes are good if they are thought out and implemented. They need to do an office survey as well as a driver survey  less
Pros
overall great people to work with
Cons
High turnover across the board and lack of training
Official response from Veriha Trucking
September 10, 2018

Veriha has an amazing team of people in the office, in the shop and on the road. The hard work put forth by the team definitely shows in the results. Several leaders in the organization work on the floor and cover for time off to ensure they understand what is on everyone's plate. Trucking is a hard industry and it takes a village to have positive results. It is hard to resolve a problem that we don't know is there. I hope that you have the courage to bring your concerns to your leader so you can be part of a solution. We love our team and would hate to see your issues go unresolved.

OTR Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Milton, PAJune 27, 2018
I wish I didn't have to come off the road, these people care about their drivers. Got me home when they said they would.

My truck was newer when I started, was assigned brand new one a year later.

You may get paid more somewhere else, but you won't get treated better
Not a friendly place to work for now.
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Walford, IAJune 19, 2018
Was a good company to work for but when they made changes to a new company everything went down. Safety was real downfall with all things they did illeaglly to drivers. Make you run loads that are illegal. Violate hazmat laws. Change ELD hours on you to get loads delivered on time. Drive equipment that's faulty even when you report it so load gets delivered on time. When you question their decisions you get verbal warnings.
Pros
Cons
safety problems, equipment repair, attidude of management
Official response from Veriha Trucking
September 10, 2018

Please know that safety is our number ONE value. We refuse to violate DOT regulations. Please escalate any issue that you are aware of so it can be properly addressed. We need every team member on board with our safety first culture.

Personal Growth Encouraged
Executive Administrator (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIApril 19, 2018
My favorite highlight of working at Veriha Trucking is the growth mindset. I am challenged to set my goals and provided personal development to achieve them. I have never felt more valued as I do working for Veriha.
Pros
Atmosphere, Personal Development
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veriha Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about