Veriha Trucking Employee Reviews for Regional Driver

Safe Equipment. Good Leadership
Regional Driver (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WISeptember 9, 2018
Veriha provides newer equipment with safety features on the equipment. They are very concerned about your well-being. The hardest part of the job is not being home with my family. They do get me home weekly which is exactly what I signed up for when joining them. They have kept their word with meeting my take home pay expectations. They have weekly guarantee pay and the harder I work the larger that number gets. I am happy with the operations leaders as they do follow through on the issues I've brought up.
Great for learning to drive. Then drive away
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIOctober 20, 2017
As a regional driver you are committing to 2500 to 3000 miles driven in a week with really 2500 being the minimum expectation. Let’s set this as your goal and see if you can hit it as if there are bigger options available when you succeed. Once you are there for a few months you will learn that 2500 is the max and your normal is 1800 to 2200 a week. This is due to load planning typically starting your week with small 300 or so mile runs that go into the next day so your daily average falls fast.

You can be a great employee and really even relied upon and praised yet not see any larger miles than this. While being a driver you will feel appreciated and known as a person and not a number. You will feel valued here each time you interact with any of the leaders. The equipment is nice and up to date as well. They are on the right path with how they treat their drivers and employees but just can’t figure out the miles to be profitable to regional drivers. The main issue is the start of the week being soft so when mid week comes they can’t send you far because of your guaranteed home time which they do support strongly.

Turnover is high due to the miles not being achieved as set in all the recruitment materials.
Pros
Communication. Feel valued. Small family company
Cons
Can’t meet their own expectations. Low miles.