Verint Systems Inc. Employee Reviews

Comments
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COApril 11, 2019
Nothing to add at this time as I have not worked for Verint for more than 3 years now, and a typical day for my position would vary from location to location.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 3, 2019
Co-workers were fantastic. There were some challenges but the overall atmosphere was great. Management challenges you but does not micro manage you.
Great work environment but became stressful once acquisition went through
Senior SDR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2019
Workplace culture was a bit stressful once Verint acquired my company, OpinionLab. I felt like there would be lay-offs and did not feel secure in my job.
Pros
great people, great benefits
Cons
unsure of lay-offs with acquisition
Love the People
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 14, 2019
Overall, this is a great company to work for with absolutely great people to collaborate with. There are some areas where politics and poor management interfere with what really is a great company atmosphere. IT leadership is poor with no strategic direction or real understanding of technology.
Pros
Free lunches on Wednesday. Great people.
Cons
Some politics / Poor IT Leadership
great job
Logistics Coordinator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJanuary 28, 2019
I was with the company when we started out. We took the company public. I learned alot with the company. It was a great learning experience with the company.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
really no cons
High mgmt expectations
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 5, 2018
Fellow coworkers are supportive and working conditions are pleasant. Some mgmt expect employees to work ridiculous hours because it is "part of the job". Contract employees should not expect to be retained.
Run by finance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2018
Verint is run primarily by finance but not in a 100% positive way. They believe the way to make money is to save money. Advancement has little to do with the merit of the approach, but who can benefit.
average for the industry
Senior Director Sales, (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2018
Good organization but has issues consistent with other 1.5B publicly traded organizations. Company policies are needed but the level of focus that is needed can be disruptive.
Typical big corporation bureaucracy
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2018
Management doesn't care about their staff and lies to them. I talked to my boss for a weekly team conference call once per week or two. I never knew what he wanted, and he never gave me a minute to even talk with him. Then, he gave me bad marks. I was overloaded with work. I was given the amount of work that three people should be doing.

Many employees and I were very underpaid. The company gradually stripped away benefits like 10% time, parties, monthly gift card raffles for people that did well that month. They even took away our quarterly bonuses. I took over responsibilities for two other people that left the department, and I got a tiny raise that year. By the time two years passed, I was making less money than when I started.

I did like, however, that I was not micro-managed. Partially because I only even met my manager twice in nearly two years. Wasn't a bad person, just a bad boss. The staff were mostly wonderful, I will say. The actual employees rather than purely managers/executives.

They let people go and hire people from other countries where they can pay less and have them work remotely.

Basically made it a boring and dry work environment and the worst company I've ever worked for.
Pros
Great peers to work with
Cons
Terrible benefits, terrible work environment, terrible management
No respect and treated poorly
Manage Product Support (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 18, 2018
My manager was horrible, management is only watching out for their personal interest. Decisions are made that will affect your business but, you've no control. Your manager will walk-in with HR or send HR and walk people out, you're treated like an object, no feelings for you as a person. Leaders at top can't be so blind, they should take some responsibility for what is happening below them.
Pros
Commute and some flexibility of work
Cons
Horrible support management
Fast Paced
Applications Consultant (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 27, 2018
Great to work there if you like fast-paced environment. Things happen quickly. Be prepared to make some decisions on your own, and support your customers
Poor Management
Product Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 12, 2018
This company is poorly ran. I've worked for over a decade with a company that values customers 1000% more than they ever will their employees.

I have watched the racial discrimination grow over the years into it being no one of color in a high status role. Absolutely no upward mobility unless you are friends of a friend.
Pros
Free lunches. Great people
Cons
Look elsewhere. Don't waste your time
contract working
Contractor / Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 24, 2018
Would be better if not a contractor working. Team was great and was able work from home. Created my own hours and was able to be creative with projects and everyday work.
Current employee
Employee (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 23, 2018
Pros: Good work life balance most of the departments
Great people
Innovative products
Interesting markets
Global company with options to relocate around the world

Cons :
Lots of poor management skills on the lower management
poor mid level management lack of basic human interaction skills
upper management are brilliant people, who care mostly about their bonus and disconnected from the people.

-inefficient processes, many unskilled managers most people burn out after 2 years.
- promotions / career change inside the company are difficult ,unless you have played well the office politics
- cheap on benefits and social events
- used to be a great place to work (not anymore)
Global company with very interesting products that help the world
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Northern District, VAApril 17, 2018
Verint is a good company that makes some really interesting products that help the world be a safer place. If you're into technology and being a part of something that contributes to the greater good of society I think this would be a good fit. I really like the culture and feel I have a good work/life balance. There is plenty to learn but depending on your group and role your career advancement could be limited. Hardest part of the job for me was learning the product and how we implement it because its mostly software and I come form a hardware world. My management has been great so far and very supportive of anything I do or propose. All in all its been a very positive experience and would recommend it as a good place to work.
Solid Job
Engineer, Customer Support-Americas (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 22, 2018
My typical starts as I get up early and try to get to work at least 10 - 15 minutes before the ‘start time’. In this way, I can avoid any delays due to traffic jams and can still be on time for work. Then, I sit down and plan the day. I jot down what all plans I have to complete and prioritize them depending on their urgency and importance. I check my voice mails and emails and the calendar and try to make plans such as organizing meetings and such. This way I can increase my pace for doing work and can be more productive for the day. “
Big Company
Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 2, 2018
Verint is a big slow moving public company. The culture is a very Me Me Me kind of place. not a lot of support from management in regards to helping the employees succeed.
Long in the tooth
SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Good company to join if you are an expert in the WFO, WFM space or in video or audio surveillance technology security, but not if you are someone with a Customer engagement solutions background. The company does not possess the existing footprint, nor do they have the leadership required to compete with Qualtrics, Medallia, or other CX leaders. Cannot connect key metrics from the most relevant data marts to feed usable and effective dashboards drive decisions. In other words, a one-trick pony within the customer engagement space that is attempting to catch up through acquisition.
Collaborative Environment
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2018
It was a collaborative environment within the marketing company. It was a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for good exposure.
Good Place - Good People
Director, Hosted Product Operations (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 18, 2017
Verint is a good place to work at if you are into software development. There is a quick pace in certain product areas and a lot of activity happening. Many knowledgeable people to surround you with. There is no limitation on what you may experiment with on tools/technologies etc.,
Pros
Free Breakfast, Coffee, Tea, and Lunch every Tuesday
Cons
Slow M&A Integration cycles - cost overheads