Verint Systems Inc. Pay & Benefits reviews

Typical big corporation bureaucracy
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2018
Management doesn't care about their staff and lies to them. I talked to my boss for a weekly team conference call once per week or two. I never knew what he wanted, and he never gave me a minute to even talk with him. Then, he gave me bad marks. I was overloaded with work. I was given the amount of work that three people should be doing.

Many employees and I were very underpaid. The company gradually stripped away benefits like 10% time, parties, monthly gift card raffles for people that did well that month. They even took away our quarterly bonuses. I took over responsibilities for two other people that left the department, and I got a tiny raise that year. By the time two years passed, I was making less money than when I started.

I did like, however, that I was not micro-managed. Partially because I only even met my manager twice in nearly two years. Wasn't a bad person, just a bad boss. The staff were mostly wonderful, I will say. The actual employees rather than purely managers/executives.

They let people go and hire people from other countries where they can pay less and have them work remotely.

Basically made it a boring and dry work environment and the worst company I've ever worked for.
Pros
Great peers to work with
Cons
Terrible benefits, terrible work environment, terrible management
Current employee
Employee (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 23, 2018
Pros: Good work life balance most of the departments
Great people
Innovative products
Interesting markets
Global company with options to relocate around the world

Cons :
Lots of poor management skills on the lower management
poor mid level management lack of basic human interaction skills
upper management are brilliant people, who care mostly about their bonus and disconnected from the people.

-inefficient processes, many unskilled managers most people burn out after 2 years.
- promotions / career change inside the company are difficult ,unless you have played well the office politics
- cheap on benefits and social events
- used to be a great place to work (not anymore)
Good Place - Good People
Director, Hosted Product Operations (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 18, 2017
Verint is a good place to work at if you are into software development. There is a quick pace in certain product areas and a lot of activity happening. Many knowledgeable people to surround you with. There is no limitation on what you may experiment with on tools/technologies etc.,
Pros
Free Breakfast, Coffee, Tea, and Lunch every Tuesday
Cons
Slow M&A Integration cycles - cost overheads
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2017
Nothing exciting. Very slow pace. Not much learning opportunities. Very siloed.

Free lunches, liberal vacation time. Nice office space. Gym on premises.
N/a
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  remotOctober 6, 2017
A fine place to work with a solid sales culture and great training.Very accommodating workplace for industrious people. Good benefits and easy admin staff to work with.
Busy
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2017
Worked on a Global Project - Team worked well together. At times a little stressful. Overall good experience. The one change it was a Good Team but could have used more assets
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Little Stressful at times
Where careers go to die
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 6, 2017
My co-workers are great, hard working people. I have very high regards for them, their knowledge and their work ethic.

I do not have the same opinion of senior leadership. There is a level of arrogance at Verint that I have never seen in my career. Layoffs are done at least quarterly. The term "involuntary layoffs" is thrown around casually. The same arrogant fools who are ruining people lives appear to be clueless on how to lead the company through lean times.

The corporate culture in one of fear. People are quiet, keeping their heads down and trying to fly under the radar.

Taking a position at Verint has been the biggest mistake of my career.
Pros
Company provided lunch on Wednesday; decent benefits
Cons
Arrogant leadership
Good Company
Solution Design Architect/Systems Integrator (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXApril 26, 2017
Very good company however some mgmt. decisions are questionable. Great product and great people. The Direction of company is headed in the right place.
Pros
Benefits, People, Culture, and Compensation
Cons
Some Management decisions
Revolving door of Management and Resources
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2016
So many better companies to work for. Many promises made and no delivery. Low compensation compared to open market rates. Management constantly moves the goal-posts.
Pros
Good Co-workers
Cons
Management without vision
Challenging work environment but fun
Primary SME (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 10, 2015
Working at the company has its perks. If you're self-motivated and up to a challenge, you will do well in a company such as this
Pros
Pizza, beer, relaxed work environment
Cons
Can be disorganized, very challenging at times, salary not competitive
Working remote made it hard to break into the culture
Software Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 10, 2015
Pros
Salary is good. Benefits are standard. Vision plan could be better. They have all the holidays in the US, along with 10 PTO days the first year, and 2 floating holidays. They require everyone to take vacation between Christmas and New Year.

Cons
Some of the old timers have been together for a long time as the company went from Lagan to Kana to Verint. It can hard for a new person to break into the team, especially if they work remote. The support people are very overloaded and training a new person is just more work. Some teams appear to be more supportive of their new hires than others. Parts of the software is quite complex. Often times, the customers have had more training than the person who is supposed to be supporting them.
Excellent place, but has been bought out by Metavante/Fidelity
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 20, 2013
Really great place. As long as you worked hard and strived to be the best and meet corporate goals, they took care of you.
Pros
promotions based on merit and the market
Cons
required sincere effort to get the job done, requiring occassional overtime
Growth company
Vice President, Financial Planning and Analysis (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 18, 2013
Growth company with a global footprint. Diverse offerings. Acquisition integration challenges.
Pros
friday bagels
benefits
Thoroughly enjoyable experience
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, Ga.January 18, 2013
Good place to work. They feed you on Fridays and have a bonus program. Regular reviews. Quarterly company update meetings. Energetic leadership.
Pros
free lunches, bonus
Cons
people come and go
Fun place to work!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GANovember 12, 2012
Verint Systems is a very faced-paced software company. They are a fun place to work with a laid back office, awesome benefits and they provide internal training for job advancement.
Pros
company lunches on wednesdays, casual attire
No comment
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJuly 10, 2012
Compensation / Benefits Very good
Culture / Values not good
Job Security / Advancement not good
Management hmm....not good
Work / Life Balance not at all no respect for Life or Personal life
NO guideline, documentation, no methodology process, who knows who..
Pros
one day free lunch