VeriSign Employee Reviews

Productive work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  RestonMay 11, 2019
Technically strong peers
Good working tools and technology
Supportive management
Fair compensation and benefits

The company has experienced a lot of changes over the last few years which brought some major growing pains. Most of the employees are wonderful to work with, and the work itself is not bad. Management could definitely improve on their leadership and communication skills.
N/a
Systems Engineer / Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 19, 2019
N/A. Do to conflicts of interests and legal issues, I prefer not to mention a review of my current position. At a minimum, I will state that I have learned a tremendous amount in this position.
Nice place to work
Programmer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VA 20190March 12, 2019
The work at Verisign is not exciting. At present most of the work is just maintenance of the current products. It is a nice place to work. Most of the time you don't need to work late.
Pros
good pay, not much overtime
Cons
dull work.
Productive and very well-structure organization
Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 26, 2019
Great place to work if you're looking for a position with a very reputable company. They support their employees with training from both internal and external sources. They provide subsidized cafeteria food which helps during bad weather. Depending on your department, there maybe times where extra hours are required from the employees but not more than any other employer would require. The TEAM environment is helpful because everyone pitches in to complete projects and to educate the less knowledgeable team members.
Pros
free gym, tennis courts, external training
Cons
depending on your department breaks can be difficult to take on a regular basis
Fun WorkPlace
Security Response Operator (Current Employee) –  VAFebruary 13, 2019
Job is relaxing but could be stressful at times. People are amazing at Verisign. They are all kind ad will help you with anything you need. Co-workers are amazing as well.
Pros
Lunch is cheap.
Not a place you want to work
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 17, 2019
Not a place you'd want to work. I have learned nothing, no prospects for advancement, no raises, nothing. Not a place you'd want to work, ever, if at all.
Verisign is a good place to work.
Programmer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VA 20190October 9, 2018
Verisign is a good place to work. The work is interesting and the management is good. The compensation is good with bonuses every year for all employees.
I learnt a lot in the area of program management here.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 2, 2018
I worked in the area of A2P and Tier 1 carriers. It was a great learning form process development and customer interaction. Great team work and tightly built teams.
Fun, teamwork, free coffee, great benefits, work life balance
Order Fulfillment Analyst/Business Operations (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 26, 2017
Great place to work! Open and friendly environment. Working with different teams as a unit. Developing new and exciting products. You felt that the company cared for you, so you cared for the company.
Pros
Great Benefits and teamwork. Friendly and relaxed.
Cons
Productive and positive work environment
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 25, 2017
Like working there due to positive management style. Highly skilled people with technical knowledge. Work environment challenges you in a positive way.
cool and fun work environment
Java Full Stack Developer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 6, 2017
a very good place to work and gain knowledge and collogues are friendly and everyone loves their work.and company offers very good sources for the employers.
very educative environment
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 27, 2017
an environment full of learning opportunity and a fast paced environment.
good managerial staffing and always engaging with colleagues from different environment/team
Pros
free lunch
Productive and fun place to work with ping pong table
QA / Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 12, 2017
A typical day at work includes Engineering Scrum, weekly planning following an Agile SDLC.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working in teams and with cross functional teams toward a common mission which is uptime.

A very customer focused organization exists here. The executive leadership is very thoughtful and considerate providing a cafeteria with subsidized meals and planned group events.
Pros
Subsidized lunch, fitness facility in-house, healthcare
Account Manager
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CANovember 10, 2017
Account manager selling to existing fortune 500 customers. Products sold were all brand management related to protect all company brands and company name in all of the countries they do business in.
Great work experience
Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 17, 2017
I was able to learn valuable skills while working at Verisign. I enjoyed the teamwork atmosphere and had an opportunity to get good hands on experience .
No longer VeriSgin
Contract Administrator I, Legal Department (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WASeptember 19, 2017
Telecommunications division sold to Transaction Network Services in 2009. Prior to the sale it was a great company to work for, excellent communication with managers.
Fun place
Project Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 2, 2017
This job was fun and exciting. I liked my managers and coworkers a lot. Unfortunately, I got laid off and the department relocated 2,000 milies away. The job was top-notch - systems were sophisticated and the training was awesome. I truly enjoyed this job.
Pros
pay
Cons
layoff
Start up company not fully defined during my tenure
Director of Production Operations (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 9, 2017
I was tasked with building a comprehensive production service organization while Verisign was in its initial inception. It was experiencing many growing pains and growth in several areas of business that were unfamiliar at the time I worked for them. I was successful at building the initial stafff to manage the digital certificate and payment services business and adapted to incorporate the Registrar and Domain Registry businesses after the acquisition of Network Solutions.

I left the business after a management change I felt was not likely to promote my future career.
Pros
Interesting work, information security discipline, autonomous management
Cons
Required too much personal time and poor support from my managment
A great and fun workplace if you are with the right people
Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 16, 2017
This is a great place to work for and you have some of the best talents at Verisign.There are colleagues from various ethinicities and is so diverse yet can work together . If you are with the right group of people you will be able to scale and grow achieving your goals with ease
A great company for the most part
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 7, 2017
Good benefits and flexibility, and generally a great company until managers were put in place without appropriate experience. This led to a hostile work environment with leadership who refused to listen to their teams.
Pros
Cheap lunch at HQ, great benefits and flexible hours
Cons
Hostile work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VeriSign. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight