Verisk Analytics Employee Reviews

Na
CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 16, 2018
This company in entry-level positions have no opportunity to move up. Any advancement is based on favoritism. The co-workers are extremely immature for professionals
Nice place to work with good work life balance
Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack Developer) (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILSeptember 3, 2018
Work is pretty chill if you are in the right team working with technologies you like. Culture is generally friendly if you are social. Work life balance is decent too.
Pros
Bonuses, Benefits
Cons
Salary
Promoted Work Life balance
Temporary Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 2, 2018
Promoted work life balance
Most questions not applicable since I was a temporary staff so there is not much to talk about , and I cannot rate it accurately since my tenure there was short and limited to my department only.
Ok for a starting company...
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 2, 2018
I would say for my first corporate job - it was good. Been with the company for more than 3 years and I can honestly say that my overall experience was ok.

The only thing that really kept me going in this company was the relationships I had with my colleagues.

The amount of "false pressure" within this organization is absolutely unbelievable.
Home office
LOSS CONTROL FIELD REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 27, 2018
The company expects you to work more than 40 hours/week. Workload is usually too high to take time off. Lack of communication between management and employees.
Pros
Home office
Cons
Workload
Good company
Intern (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 12, 2018
Good workplace culture. Very kind and talented people. Very busy. The hardest part of the job is that it is so busy it is difficult to take the classes needed. Classes need to be taken on your own personal time. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and good work. They are doing cutting edge technology work.
Successful company with nice work/life balance and benefits
ClaimSearch Senior Visual Data & Analytics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 31, 2018
Although Verisk Analytics is a highly successful company, there are many organizations within the enterprise that are overworked and highly underpaid. Verisk offers a fantastic benefits package with exclusive stock options. In order to really benefit from being at this company you have to be fully vested after 6 years. Verisk also offers a nice work/life balance which include 1-2 work from home days. Overall, the company provides good management and compensation package, but sometimes plays favorites.
Fun place to work for people who like job security
Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 26, 2018
Does not have a start up vibe at all. People work in cubicles, are paid poorly and generally work from home a lot. Which is normally a perk, but in this case it's mostly because there is not work to be done.
Pros
job security
Great company to work for.
Commercial Property Inspector (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 25, 2018
Freedom in my job to schedule when and how I wanted. Great benefits, pay, and advancement opportunities. However, the communication, at the front line management level, was not very good. It did get better over the years. I felt upper level management was out of touch of the day to day operations that the field reps went through.
Productive and talented employees
Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 8, 2018
This is an amazing company to work for. I would recommend it to a friend. I learned a lot and worked with a lot of very talented and intelligent coworkers.
Management issues
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 4, 2018
Working at Verisk was truly challenging because of lack managerial skill. The finance department is in terrible shape and management don’t seem to care. Working overtime during month end and don’t compensated for it.
Pros
Co-workers are wonderful
Cons
Bad management
No career advancement - Very behind on tech
HRIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 24, 2018
No career advancement and technologically challenged. Flexible working hours. No-work life balance, Good culture though highly bureaucratic. Outdated processes
Amazing
Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 20, 2018
I love this company. I just don't know how much longer I can afford to work here. Management is generally terrific with a few exceptions. Dynamic and challenging work but not competitive with the salary which just does not work in the Jersey City/Greater New York City area.
Pros
Mission and Culture plus Flexibility
Cons
Salary not in line with the high cost of living area
Cool colleagues, stock price has been going up for the past 3 years
Marketing Automation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 19, 2018
Cool colleagues, stock price has been going up for the past 3 years. No raises, no bonuses.

Smart people, good company events, culture was mixed but cool.
Pros
The job you get hired for, will be the job you do for however long you work there
Cons
Internal grudges between management, has collateral damage to others
Cheap, Not Cheerful
Corporate Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 29, 2018
Probably the most frugal corporation in the universe...which is great for an investor, and not so much for an employee. Lots of double-talk and fake programs.
Looks good from outside but pretty rotten within
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 25, 2018
Horrible, inconsistent and incompetent managers in my area. May be better in other departments.Human resources only there to support the company, not the employee. Good for unimaginative drudges, but don't dare to question. Big money wastd on useless consultants and absurd productivity measures which stress everyone out for months and are then just forgotten.
Pros
Choose your own schedule
Cons
Really stupid managers
Productive and Good.
Big Data Developer (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 19, 2018
Productive and Good. Good working atmosphere and nice people to work with. I used the latest technologies of Big Data like MapR Framework, Hadoop, Spark, Scala, HBase and Solr in my project.
Departmental Issues
Enterprise Risk and Compliance Intern (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 11, 2018
Although Verisk is a wonderful company, it seems that nepotism, anger, and jealousy is fluent between departments. With that said, the culture within a single department is fantastic. Everyone is always willing to help one another and it's like working with family.
Great place to start your career
Actuarial Analyst, Financial Analysis Group (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 11, 2018
Very relaxed and collaborative work style. Great for entry-level grads looking to learn more about insurance and fantastic for employees with families. Pay is on the low-end but there is great job security.
quality
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 10, 2018
As you’ll see in my resume that I have extensive experience with QA which includes working with product team, developers, other engineers to understand product specifications, developing Test Plan/strategy, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Data, Test Reports, Bug Reports, Test Matrixes and Executing them. I have lots of experience logging, tracking defects and working with the team to get them fixed before release. I have used HP Quality Center/ALM and JIRA for tests and defect management. I am experienced with both manual and automated testing in waterfall, agile and scrum environments.