Verisk Analytics Employee Reviews

Fun, relaxed environment with great coworkers
Sales Vice President (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 3, 2019
You don't have to choose between cost savings and a great customer experience. Understanding claims history is critical to accurate initial quoting, but to save money, many insurers delay ordering loss history data. The employees who work at the company are fantastic, and working conditions are great.
excellent company
Clinical Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 26, 2019
great training opportunities and benefits package. would recommend others to this company.extremely helpful management and HR departments who were always accessible.
Productive and Flexible work environment
Project Manager II (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 26, 2018
Verisk provides a lot of flexibility to it's employee by offering flex hours and work from home opportunities depending on the BU you're supporting. There's also opportunity for growth within cross functional business units.
It was an excellent place to work. The environment was friendly and relaxed
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 24, 2018
I worked there for 22 years in a corporate environment as a Senior Buyer/Purchasing agent. The work environment was excellent and would recommend the company to anyone. Very flexible environment. Loved my corporate job.
Pros
Environment, benefits, a comepetative salary.
Cons
None that I can think of
Excellent place to work
Area Vice President, Sales (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 12, 2018
Verisk is a top notch employer with excellent management team, great products, services, and quality people throughout the organization. They are a market leader and provide valuable benefits to their customer
Pros
Innovative
Cons
Can’t think of any
Na
CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 16, 2018
This company in entry-level positions have no opportunity to move up. Any advancement is based on favoritism. The co-workers are extremely immature for professionals
Good place to stay long and walk at your own pace
Senior Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 12, 2018
Good place to stay long and walk at your own pace. Many here have been here for decards. But if you are young and really good at what you do, go elsewhere. The pace here is slow while you could run up you career ladder much faster elsewhere.
Pros
Medical and Dental insurance, 401K matching, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Low pay, politics
Nice place to work with good work life balance
Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack Developer) (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILSeptember 3, 2018
Work is pretty chill if you are in the right team working with technologies you like. Culture is generally friendly if you are social. Work life balance is decent too.
Pros
Bonuses, Benefits
Cons
Salary
Promoted Work Life balance
Temporary Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 2, 2018
Promoted work life balance
Most questions not applicable since I was a temporary staff so there is not much to talk about , and I cannot rate it accurately since my tenure there was short and limited to my department only.
Ok for a starting company...
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 2, 2018
I would say for my first corporate job - it was good. Been with the company for more than 3 years and I can honestly say that my overall experience was ok.

The only thing that really kept me going in this company was the relationships I had with my colleagues.

The amount of "false pressure" within this organization is absolutely unbelievable.
Home office
LOSS CONTROL FIELD REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 27, 2018
The company expects you to work more than 40 hours/week. Workload is usually too high to take time off. Lack of communication between management and employees.
Pros
Home office
Cons
Workload
Good company
Intern (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 12, 2018
Good workplace culture. Very kind and talented people. Very busy. The hardest part of the job is that it is so busy it is difficult to take the classes needed. Classes need to be taken on your own personal time. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and good work. They are doing cutting edge technology work.
Successful company with nice work/life balance and benefits
ClaimSearch Senior Visual Data & Analytics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 31, 2018
Although Verisk Analytics is a highly successful company, there are many organizations within the enterprise that are overworked and highly underpaid. Verisk offers a fantastic benefits package with exclusive stock options. In order to really benefit from being at this company you have to be fully vested after 6 years. Verisk also offers a nice work/life balance which include 1-2 work from home days. Overall, the company provides good management and compensation package, but sometimes plays favorites.
Fun place to work for people who like job security
Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 26, 2018
Does not have a start up vibe at all. People work in cubicles, are paid poorly and generally work from home a lot. Which is normally a perk, but in this case it's mostly because there is not work to be done.
Pros
job security
Great company to work for.
Commercial Property Inspector (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 25, 2018
Freedom in my job to schedule when and how I wanted. Great benefits, pay, and advancement opportunities. However, the communication, at the front line management level, was not very good. It did get better over the years. I felt upper level management was out of touch of the day to day operations that the field reps went through.
Productive and talented employees
Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 8, 2018
This is an amazing company to work for. I would recommend it to a friend. I learned a lot and worked with a lot of very talented and intelligent coworkers.
Management issues
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 4, 2018
Working at Verisk was truly challenging because of lack managerial skill. The finance department is in terrible shape and management don’t seem to care. Working overtime during month end and don’t compensated for it.
Pros
Co-workers are wonderful
Cons
Bad management
No career advancement - Very behind on tech
HRIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 24, 2018
No career advancement and technologically challenged. Flexible working hours. No-work life balance, Good culture though highly bureaucratic. Outdated processes
Amazing
Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 20, 2018
I love this company. I just don't know how much longer I can afford to work here. Management is generally terrific with a few exceptions. Dynamic and challenging work but not competitive with the salary which just does not work in the Jersey City/Greater New York City area.
Pros
Mission and Culture plus Flexibility
Cons
Salary not in line with the high cost of living area
Cool colleagues, stock price has been going up for the past 3 years
Marketing Automation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 19, 2018
Cool colleagues, stock price has been going up for the past 3 years. No raises, no bonuses.

Smart people, good company events, culture was mixed but cool.
Pros
The job you get hired for, will be the job you do for however long you work there
Cons
Internal grudges between management, has collateral damage to others