Verisk
65Average

Verisk Employee Reviews

United States141 reviews
Good culture overall, they made things look nice during the remodel, high-stress work, great learning opportunities, so colleagues will target you if you are a high performer.
Has been great so far! Company car and really good work from home culture. Value their employees and make you feel like you are important even though you are fully remote
Verisk was where I held my first internship. Here I learned the soft and the hard skills necessary to succeed in the professional world. I was challenged with my work and even received direct attention from the CEO.
Was a good company to work for at first until they go bought out by Verisk and they quickly went downhill. Leadership had no sense of priority. Works the employees to death by making them be available at all hours of the night and be in the office at the normal working hours.
Moving very fast. Many moving parts. Innovative. Goal-driven. Trying to get better.

Inclusive and comfortable atmosphere, when revenue targets are made.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Good company that is innovative and a leader in the data analytics space. The company keeps growing and is filled with extremely intelligent and hardworking people.
Fun workplace, productive, culture and good people, but not to much room for growth is the only downside of it. Other than that it's a really good place to work for.
Overall the quality of the people I worked with was very high, very good. Onboarding was a little unorganized and while there was technical support not much in the way of doing the job.
Tremendously talented people and teams build sophisticated products. The company is siloed, and remote business units are secretive and territorial. Major skills gaps and lack of strategic vision abound across marketing.
The work they provide can help further your career for other positions that are beneficial for your future.

The management is horrible, communication with the manager is not there, no training was provided & give false hope to employees when asked questions about work and paying wages. If you are considering working here use it has a stepping stone to another career because this is not a place you can grow in.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Verisk?
Cons
A lot of back bitting. No support from management. Boring repetitive work. Lots of micromanaging.

Pros

Good pay. Can work from home. Good benefits package.
Company boasts that it follows the Take Care of Your Employees and They Will Take Care of your Customers approach. Yet, it confuses actually taking care of your employees (competitive salary, bonuses, promotions, etc) with ping pong tournaments, remodelled offices and remote work days. With a few exceptions, most high perforrmers leave.
Great place to work. Really smart people, very supportive environment. Work life balance is excellent. Doing some innovative things to be stronger, more nimble. Still going through some cultural changes. Sometimes weirdly bureaucratic. Compensation could be better.
Great summer internship experience as a Data Science Intern. I have learned a lot from my mentor, project manager, vice president, and team members. Really like the culture as well as the learning environment.
This company is outdated with processing workflow
Morale needs work, employees who have been there for years feel changes are a waste of time, no trust in management.

Salary, bonuses and incentives need to be reviewed, not competitive

No advancing or promotions you become stuck

no work from home or work life balance

Most definitely not a family friendly.company
Competitive environment with focus on results and strong outcomes. Excellent growth prospects and a lot of support from top management to excel. Many opportunities to apply your fungible skills
Paid just over $14 an hour to work as hard as physically/mentally possible in an environment that was stressful, demanding, with no constructive feedback. Regularly left for the day feeling terrible. This was my first salaried job out of college and in retrospect I didn't realize just how terrible it was by comparison to everywhere I've worked since. My supervisor hated my manager, and when the manager left the company he went rogue and took it out on everyone the former manager had hired, myself included. He lied about me in performance reviews and HR would always believe him because he was their Golden Boy who would behave very differently in front of them than he would those working for him. The health benefits and stock options were decent, that's the only reason I give 2 stars. Experiences were likely different in other departments, but I would not recommend my previous role/department to anyone.
Pros
Health insurance, coworkers
Cons
Poor treatment, low pay
Just couldn’t afford to do my job. The travel requirements were too costly for me to afford to pay and get reimbursed. Reimbursements were fast but I just didn’t have the cash to pay for the travel costs.
Pros
Great job and managers
Cons
Pay
Verisk is very good place to work and grow. People are very helpful and knowledgeable. Management and its vision is clear, they want to grow globally.
The company's mission statement is marvelous and the work done is very very interesting in my opinion. The folks are friendly and smart and ensure that everything is done by the book.
Nice company to work at however, upper management can be a bit of an issue when it comes to communicating effectively and respectfully. Would not recommend.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verisk. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Verisk.