Verisys Employee Reviews

Quantity over Quality
Production Analyst (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTNovember 14, 2018
I believe verisys COULD be a good place to work. The day typically goes by quickly and you are allowed music which helps. The job is quite enjoyable if you intend to just go to work and leave but otherwise it's not a very "small company feel" as they claim. The hardest part of working at Verisys is dealing with management. Every time you mess up they will ask if you want to work there. If they feel you aren't fast enough, they will cut you loose. Before I was let go they began looking at every movement I made. When I went to the bathroom and for how long, how long between submitions NO MATTER THE SITUATION.
Pros
Great benefits, music allowed, easy work
Cons
Bad management, easily fired, stressful
Great place to work, I loved being here! Everyone is amazing and able to help out no matter what.
Production Analyst/Mentor (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJuly 5, 2018
This is the best place I have ever worked. It was my first desk-job, and real experience working in an office. A lot of people are pretty quiet so it takes a little bit to get to know everyone!
Great people
Credit Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMay 21, 2018
Verisys had many great people when I worked there. It was enjoyable atmosphere. The job could get mundane but efforts were made to cross train and learn other projects. It has its issues like any business, but I enjoyed my time.
Verisys
Data Entry / Research (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMarch 30, 2018
I've never heard of a company that offers the health and insurance package to part time employees as with Verisys. We also have PTO (Paid Time Off) plus with the atmosphere it is a wonderful place to work. I only leave to retire.
Pros
Pto, Health Benefits, 401, Atmosphere, plenty of OT
Cons
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Sales Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 30, 2017
Verisys was a fun place to work. They did have a ping pong table and a daily time to stretch and clear your head. Everyone was willing to help with anything you had questions with.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
reduction in force or I would still be there
"Great job - Great Employer"
Employee (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJuly 17, 2017
Lot's of positive changes happening since the acquisition with Spectrum. Perhaps most importantly we're implementing mature best practices and procedures to stimulate significant growth and take us to the next level as an organization.

Implementation of some of the processes and best practices require a significant change in the way we operate on a daily basis. Change is rarely easy and is met with some resistance.
Pros
Benefits, Culture, Leadership
Cons
Lots of changes
Verisys - Good People poorly managed with below avg processes
Development (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 28, 2017
Verisys development has many good people, but management of the dev group is poor.

There is a very high employee turnover rate due to a number of factors. They are finally addressing some of the infrastructure issues that most shops take for granted, such as limited dev and test environments (yes, sometimes the only solution was moving code from local machines directly into prod!). There is no ability to test against other legacy apps, or against the database outside of prod, so there is a crew devoted to putting out fires. Management is slow to recognize problems until they are swamped, if at all. Personnel problems seem especially troublesome even with a dev personnel manager dedicated to solving them.
Pros
Rails, good people, good pay and benefits.
Cons
Poor upper and middle management
Always something to do
Content Analyst (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTApril 17, 2017
Verisys was one of my favorite, if not my favorite place to work. I was terminated for making too many mistakes in a week, because there are weekly benchmarks. I would clock in at 7am and be busy until the end of my shift, which was at 3. Its always busy and gives you something to do, even when you're done with your monthly work. Not only that, but the plus was a quiet area so you could listen to your headphones all day. If you like a talkative workplace, this will not be the place for you. The hardest part of the job was trying to finish the workload in a month. There are over 600 what we call "pubs" that we must finish in a month, along with "fees." So you really need to find your pace. The most enjoyable part of this job were the people, management, potlucks, ping pong table and the cafe.
Pros
2 15 min breaks, ping pong table, pay, benefits
Cons
meeting your weekly benchmarks
Fun environment and peers, management needs to rethink some things.
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTNovember 9, 2016
Overall, a very fun place to work. Performing verifications on health care providers was never boring, and there's always something new to learn.
However, there is very little communication between upper management, HR, and your team. No one is sure what the policy is, as it changes depending on who you ask.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility of schedule
Cons
Lack of communication, gossip
Very family oriented yet unable to grow
Sanctions Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Jordan UtahMarch 18, 2013
A great smaller company with aspirations for more, but regretfully unwilling to grow or to see a long term picture.

Management is very relaxed, which has it's benefits for those who were slacking or with a more relaxed attitude, but has it's negatives in that no one is truly made aware of where they stand in the company.

Current policies and procedures are not formally created or written, so training is primarily an attitude of "just do it and you'll get it over time". Regretfully as nice as this option is for some, it negates the possibility of real growth in the industry of medical investigation. Full notes should be kept, details of everyone touching an investigation, and a future company that has grown should be seen now before everything has to be done while growth is happening.
Pros
great medical benefits, nice management, free coffee, low meetings, nice work atmosphere.
Cons
lax attitude in enforcement, no long term view, lack of flexibility in hr, little room for advancement, little social availability.
Work is good, not the other things
Production Analyst (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTOctober 24, 2016
Working there was fun, and they do treat you well for the most part. Biggest problem you will run into is that management and supervisor are usually on the same page.
Amazing Company
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTSeptember 2, 2016
Casual attire, Amazing coworkers, Great Benefits. The work environment in General is very nice! Learn a lot from other coworkers and management. Perfect Schedule!
Great Pay, Zero Support
Content Analyst (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMarch 7, 2017
Management is out of touch with it's employees. The training is incomplete and the "resources" they give you to perform your job are laughable. There is no team atmosphere, there is an aura of pettiness and mistrust as peer review is how "accuracy" is determined. The quality assurance team has far to much power and can run you out of your position if you say one negative thing against them. Speaking your mind and your opinion is not allowed, you are expected to be a drone, take your whippings, and pretend that you love your job when the higher ups roll around every once in a while. The "Open door" policy is a joke as the managers don't care about what you have to say, as they are only required to sit there and nod as you voice your comments and concerns. Nepotism is real in this workplace. You get advantages only if you know someone, not if you perform. Connections and seniority of tenure are all that matter. People that get the "teams" to function like them are pushed out the door. Horrible place to work. The only redeeming qualities are the rate of pay and the insurance benefits, that is it.
Pros
Rate of Pay, Insurance Benefits
Cons
Nepotism, Disconnected Management, Poor Training, Poor Support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verisys. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about