Veritas Collaborative Employee Reviews

Started Great but misleading
Patient Financial Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 8, 2018
At the time when I was at Veritas the new facility was being built. I could imagine workflow is a lot better now however during that time it was very unorganized. There was not much clarity in the position I had and what I should have been doing day to day.
Pros
Lunch, Friendly environment
Cons
unorganized
not inviting
THERAPUETIC ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJuly 23, 2018
Just was not the place for me. Management did not care, you never really saw them, if management heard something about you, they would not speak. Adults that gossiped like children.
Necessary service in the Richmond area.
Office Manager for Richmond (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 20, 2018
Good group of people for a necessary service mismanaged and manipulated by executive director. Your job security depended on her mood that day of the week.
Pros
free meals
Cons
crazy director
Collaborative Environment
Payment and Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 25, 2018
I was a payment and billing coordinator. I posted checks to the Sigmund Software system and did the billing of the clients insurance.

The hardest part of the job was the insecurity I felt as there was a high rate of turnover in employee in all departments. This was a start up eating disorder facility and they were still working out the kinks and maintain a census high enough to support not only the facility in Durham, but the start ups they were making in several other locations.
Pros
Nice Office, close to home
Cons
Watching friends go as employee turnovers occurred Frequently
High Turnover, No Growth
Employee (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 11, 2018
There's an extreme amount of turnover even within the senior leadership. The management is always changing at the corporate level. Physicians, RN's, Therapist and Coordinators were constantly being hired, fired or resigning. The company is constantly growing in multi-state locations, but doesn't focus on promoting growth among current employees. There isn't any room for growth and you are prevented from trying to advance to another department. If you're fine with being complacent within your career and not growing this is the perfect place for you. Working with the patients is self gratifying especially once they're in recovery.
Pros
Good Starting Salary
Cons
High Turnover, No Growth
Great company for advancement
Operations/Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 18, 2018
There is a lot to learn working in this environment and it is a great place to work if you are looking to advance your career in an inpatient medical facility.
Pros
Growth
Cons
the best place I've ever worked at
LPN (Former Employee) –  Durham, NC 27703April 24, 2018
great teamwork, professional, employees are carefully chosen, accommodates schedules, opportunities for advancement, the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing patients overcome obstacles, you are recognized for the work you do, nice clean state of the art environment, the canine TA is a treat, great management team which continually seeks ways to improve, this company has really grown in a very short time
Pros
see review
Cons
nothing really stands out...
Good learning experience about mental health disorders, but...
Therapeutic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 9, 2018
As a TA the majority of the time it feels like the only people who value you are other TAs. Upper management tells us how much they appreciate us, but their actions show the opposite. Rules are created to cater to admin staff and non-essential staff. The word "collaborative" is used so often in the facility, and there is a considerable lack of transparency regarding changes that primarily affect frontline staff. The company is so focused on money that employees (then, unfortunately, patients) are suffering because there are fewer people to do the job. Management cuts frontline staffing, or it can be difficult to get supervisors to help out on the floor. The company is very reactive. Staff will let them know their concerns, but a lot of the time nothing changes until something goes wrong or hits the fan. The company has a fantastic vision and does some amazing work with the patients. I just think the frontline staff can use a lot more appreciation other than staff cuts and burnout. I also think the front line should get paid on holidays no matter what day the holiday falls on. They are taking time away from their family to make sure the hospital is safe and running smoothly. Plenty facilities and hospitals offer incentives to those working holidays, nights, and weekends.
Pros
Good benefits, Get to see amazing transformations in patients
Cons
Lack of transparency, Undervalue Employees
Official response from Veritas Collaborative
March 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this comment. We really do appreciate the frontline staff; and yet, it sounds like we may not be communicating all of our benefits appropriately. In addition to offering holiday pay of time and a half for all holidays worked or straight time for those that are not worked, we offer a myriad of benefits that we believe help to reward our employees. We would love for you to reach out to your HR Business Partner to ensure that you are familiar with all of our benefits and to share with them what else you would like to see. We have recently implemented a monthly feedback survey as well that provides you an anonymous opportunity to share your thoughts. The feedback will be reviewed by the executive team each month and responded to in all staff meetings. The work you contribute IS important and valued, and we also recognize it is challenging work. We would love to hear more directly from you so we can address your specific concerns.

Very high paced
Performance Improvement Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 24, 2018
Very high paced, energetic place to work. Staff always willing to assist and willing to listen to my input for all situations. Worked very long hours and turnover in some departments were high due to long hours that had to be worked.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Hours worked
Enjoyed my time here
Therapeutic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 26, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Veritas. Most of the coworkers got a long very well. The pay wasn’t bad. Good benefits. Meals. A few of the supervisors do seem “clueless” and showed favoritism. I had no intention of leaving the job considering whenever they were short staffed or needed someone to stay over or come in early I volunteered but due to everyone in the building not exactly following the handbook policy I was let go. Would I go back if I had another chance?? Yes possibly as a TA or NA
Pros
Benefits. Learning experience. Meals. Pto.
Cons
Supervisors, Policy isn’t followed, Not really appreciated

Want to know more about Veritas Collaborative?

Ask a question
Poor management
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 19, 2017
Poor management. The company is a good company to work for but the nursing managers were not team players. There was a lot of culture differences bad.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
prejudices
Growing Population
Therapeutic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 11, 2017
Veritas is a great working experience if you are trying to gain knowledge in mental health with eating disorders. It is constantly growing. A typical day at work can be busy depending on what's going on with the patients. Making a difference in the patients lives is the best part of the job. Dealing with some of the management is the biggest issue I have had.
Pros
Benefits and Good Pay/Hours
Cons
3rd shift, poor maangement
Overall, stressful
Therapeutic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 21, 2017
Therapeutic Assistant (TA), adult facility
Scheduling coordinator is a poor communicator and is not timely with schedules and related requests. TAs should be able to back each other and provide consistent care but are unable to do so partly because senior TAs take charge with what they know to be true, despite newer employees having the most current, fresh training.
The company is undergoing serious growing pains and the TA turnover is very high. Part of this is due to poor hiring decisions. The TAs that stick it out do so because they care about the patients, so that is a pro - patients will usually have TAs that truly care about them.
Pros
Free meals, great benefits
Cons
Disorganized
Enjoyed the work in which we are doing.
Therapeutic Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 13, 2017
Productive ad supporting. Which they would treat front line staff like they matter. And really listen to their needs. Good team members. Giving great care to patients and family.
Hearts in the right place, the rest, not so much.
Therapeutic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 1, 2017
Veritas has an important mission and I honestly believe that as a company they work really hard to provide a consistent high quality standard of care. The direct care staff works very hard each day for the patients, and frequently gets snubbed for it.

The management and corporate sections are either out of touch with reality or just callous. They promise things over and over like dangling a carrot in front of their employees but never deliver. When the employees ask for things like shift differential or equitable pay they give a lot of "we'll look into it" or even play dumb about it.

They cut down their direct care staff frequently. There aren't clear write up policies, some employees get frequently "improvement meetings" while others are fired quickly over similar offenses.

HR is totally out of touch and morale hovers between poor and lukewarm.

The best part of the job is seeing the transformation between patients on their first days and patients at their graduation, and knowing that you were part of the team that helped them. I would probably work for Veritas again somewhere down the road if I had the opportunity, and I don't regret working there, but there really need to be some changes in the meantime for the hospital to be truly and consistently successful.
Pros
PTO is good, good parking, cute therapy dog
Cons
Empty promises, HR issues, fair pay issues
Wonderful Cause
Therapeutic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 21, 2017
This is a treatment facility for adolescents with eating disorders, I loved the work and care that we strived to provide from patients, however this is a relatively new company that is still in the beginning stages, and opportunities for advancement are few and far between. Hopefully in the next few years these opportunities will increase.
Pros
Unlimited PTP
Cons
High turn over
Hospital with a great vision
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 3, 2017
I enjoy working at Veritas. The patients are amazing and the staff is easy/fun to work with. Communication with management is difficult and slim to none, but Veritas as a whole is a good place to work.
Very Mismanged company.
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 1, 2017
Employees change so often you need a score card to keep up with who is still working and who is not.
Shifts and hours changed without notice. Along with policies on if you can eat a meal or not, where and who you will work with.
Kitchen is very disorganized, no leadership and the system is a disaster. Lot's of people standing around while a few work really hard. It's more or less a free for all.
Pros
Parking
Cons
The mangement or lack of.
Nurses beware!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 3, 2017
This company does not respect nurses at all. Company sees nurses as something they are forced to have. Nurses are asked to take orders from non-medical individuals. Multiple violations happen here on a daily basis. Stay away!
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay, no shift differential
Therapeutic Assistant
Therapeutic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 4, 2017
It's a good stepping stone for someone fresh out of college and beginning to enter the mental health field. There are various training opportunities and supervision available, but it's a pretty thankless job. A typical work day is fast paced and can feel hectic depending on the patient population at any given time. There is a lot expected of TAs and other front line staff. Meals are provided on shift, which can be a good or bad thing depending on your preference and typical eating habits.
Pros
Meals are provided on shift, good stepping stone to begin your career, various training opportunities
Cons
Alot is expected of front line staff, often called in/expected to stay late

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veritas Collaborative. Our community is ready to answer.

Veritas Collaborative Reviews by Location