Veritas Technologies Employee Reviews

Great place for Internship
UX design intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 5, 2018
Interns work in Innovation Pods (a team of 4 on a specific project) and it has a very well structured internship program. People are super supportive. I really enjoyed working there!
VERITAS Software.. pre buyout
Sr. Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 31, 2018
Great company, Fun during the heyday. Consitantly made quotas and bonuses. Let the industry in storage software, plus opportunities to work overseas.
Support
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 27, 2018
I loved my job. I felt part of the team and worked with amazing and talented folks. My responsibilities were challenging. I enjoyed working with my coworkers across the world. Would love to be there again.
Great people / bad leadership
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 24, 2018
A typical day at Veritas can be a toss up. I work close to 10 hours every day and still there is a demand for things at all hours.

I learned that there was a big push to become public but we have not made our numbers and now the partners are scaling back, again, to reduce.

I like my managers. Good guys and ready to help in any way to relieve the stress that was put upon us.

The culture is wonderful!!!! Great group of people who are collaborative and willing to help in any way. We try to do fun things to keep the atmosphere exciting and fun. This has been the BEST group that I've worked with in 15 years.

The hardest part of the job is the not knowing what is really going on. The new CEO is not transparent. There have been to many touch down meetings to settle the team but that isn't working out. Good people are being reduced and the ones who have stayed are looking for other jobs. Retention is the key at the momen.

I have enjoyed the people. Again, fabulous teams, hard workers, and overall a wonderful group. I have been privileged to work with such outstanding minds and fun, fun, fun, people.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Leadership is in flux constantly
Veritas Review
Senior Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, FLOctober 17, 2018
Veritas is downsizing its workforce. They have not been growing as they expected and thus are cutting headcount dramatically to make themselves more appealing for a larger company to acquire them. Avoid for now.
Veritas is bad
Business Critical Services (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 4, 2018
Executive Leadership is a turnstile. Those who remain are incompetent and only after cutting staff. Veritas is a slow barge ship in an industry full of speed boats, which is causing multiple annual RIFs totaling 40% of overall staff. The company isn’t agile and spends countless hours doing nothing as no one wants to make a decision. The majority of the company are on cruise control awaiting a severance package. When you hope and pray for only 60% renewal rates with no new business, you know you’re in trouble.
Pros
Talented ICs
Cons
Poor Leadership, Customers are leaving, poor employee culture
Great Company to work for
Microsoft Cloud & Storage Solutions Engineer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 12, 2018
Good environment. Great technologies. Good staff to work with.
Place is good to work in.
Good benefits.
flexible hours.
Management is focused.
Lots of hours.
Good company turning bad
Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, FLAugust 24, 2018
There have been so many rounds of layoffs, and the support teams are under increasing pressure to close tickets rather than spending the time to find the best solution. There isn't a whole lot of optimism about future job security.
Pros
There are some really smart people working here (for as long as they remain)
Cons
Lack of job security. No training for support staff (just on-the-job).
High turnover
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, FLAugust 24, 2018
Inside Sales High turnover, management can only ask about your metrics, not provide mentorship nor insight on how to make numbers. Quota arbitrary. Some favoritism. Fear and uncertainty is how they operate, keep potential candidates on the bench due to high turnover and job dissatisfaction. Clever reps play the game and stuff the pipeline with smoke and mirrors, then work the system to find a new position in places like operations, or hunt for another job outside the company and quit when they find it
Very Isolated
Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, FLAugust 23, 2018
Although the company over all is a good one. I was very isolated and didn't really have the opportunity to network and meet other individuals as I would have liked.
Pros
Healthcare and Benefits
Cons
Isolated
Great company to work at but very uncertain future
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 19, 2018
Great company to work at but very uncertain future. Worked at this company for a very long time. Was a great place to work at until it was purchased by the Carlyle Group. Then the new upper management have basically run this company into the ground. Stay away until Carlyle sells it to somebody else and see how the new owners handle things.
Company lacks vision, leadership and future is very shaky
Manager (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, FLJuly 20, 2018
It's great to see jobs posted when thousands of people in not only Heathrow but around the globe have lost their jobs due to lack of Senior Leadership vision and stability.

I was with Veritas for 8 years and there were 5 - maybe 6 CEO's - lost track as the entire C-Suite has turned over at least 3x in the past few years. No stability, no leadership vision - this trickles to the people of the front lines working their tail off only to be laid off.

Also, for those employees in India - you may want to stop advertising on LinkedIn for all the jobs you have available (i.e., we are hiring for all roles - fantastic, love to wake up and see that everyday in front of my face) that were stripped from those of us in the USA. We look at LinkedIn EVERYDAY and have to see your posts, Please stop.
Pros
Co-workers that were non-Leadership were fabulous
Cons
Ceo, CSuite, direct leadership team was the worst-all coluded together as they all came to Veritas together
Not bad, could have been great
Senior TSE (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJuly 17, 2018
Very nice culture, very diverse, but the company that purchased Veritas mis-managed and are focused more on the bottom line than the customers or employees. Most stories you can google are accurate and talk about the normal ways companies create revenue by removing payroll. A few of the firings also seemed political, bordering on retaliation.
Pros
The majority of the workers and lower level managers are fantastic.
Cons
Can't trust upper management
Great company
Inside Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJuly 11, 2018
As wonderful as it was to work there, it didn't last long and more than 200+ employees were laid off shortly after transitioning from Symantec. It was devastating.
Lots of Changes
Manager Technical Sales and Services (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2018
Company is still trying to find itself, no culture great people and good pay.

They need to trust in their new products while working on the legacy ones.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Leadership
Many Changes
Principle Business Critical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, FLJuly 5, 2018
After the split, it appears that the company atmosphere has been in flux, trying to get its footing on who it wants to be. Individual management is very personable and focused on wanting you to succeed.
Pros
Great personal management
Cons
Seemingly constant change of direction
Good work balance and decent salary, lacks vision
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2018
I can state that his company is a good place to work in but it lacks the correct leadership. It has changed CEOS so many times that I forgot the count. They are sending most of the support jobs to India and we were notified months before. The sales did not do so good on recent years and it has sunken this ship. It is too back because it is a very decent company to work with.
Pros
Good Health insurance, decent schedule, and salary
Cons
they are laying off people sending jobs to india
Not what Veritas used to be
Principal Business Critical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNJune 27, 2018
Pro: Great work balance, PTO. Great bunch of people to work with.
Con: Upper mgmt is burning the place to the ground.

Not sure what will become of this once great company.
Pros
Great work balance, PTO. Great bunch of people to work with.
Cons
Upper mgmt is burning the place to the ground.
lack of vision is sinking this company
IT Developer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 26, 2018
this company does not believe in its employees any more to deliver a product that can encash from its already trusted client base.

when a company stops believing its team its fated to doom
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, FLJune 26, 2018
After 3 years of working as a technical support engineer, I had the opportunity to work with many different technologies, The working environment is one of the best I ever experience, team work is very strong on this company. They are very flexible and understand work/.life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veritas Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight