Veritiv Corporation Employee Reviews

Toxic Environment
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 13, 2018
Veritiv has an extremely toxic environment with a negative culture that breeds contentment towards management. A full management overhaul will be required to bring this business into the 21st century.
Omg
Wave Planner (Current Employee) –  Rogers, MNAugust 8, 2018
We are coming off a recent facility move from a 400,000+ sf warehouse to one that is about 100,000 sf smaller with a third of the dock space. The building was not ready when we started moving in so there was no where to put anything. There is still inventory that isn't accounted for after two months and that is in no way the fault of our inventory folks. This move has been overwhelming for everyone.

I love what I do. It hasn't been much fun lately because of the move but things are coming back to normal as inventory issues are being resolved. I like most of the people I work with. Not that there are people that I dislike. Now if we could only get a handle on the emails.

Pay is not very good at the low end of the scale especially. We can't keep our second shift manned. That just makes it tough for everyone. First shift has to finish what they don't get done before they can start on their own work. At the end of first shift you can count on at least 20 items that aren't put away from the day's receivings.
Pros
Decent benefits and PTO
Cons
Low pay
Management changes focus every six months
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  MidwestAugust 5, 2018
They flex their muscles in the industry but no one is listening or cares. Very structured in their sales process. Seems to allow the warehouse to direct to the answer "no".
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
direction of company changes every 6 months
Unisource RIP
worker (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILAugust 2, 2018
It used to be a nice place to work for,very organized and good people that care for their employees,now is just like any other trucking company that wants to make money.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
bad management
Very stressful environment
Credit Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILJuly 30, 2018
Too much work, not enough employees. Management does not have a hold on the amount of work that needs to be done. Too stressful and very negative environment.
A productive and great place to work.
Account Manager For IP3PL Acct (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 20, 2018
Worked in various duties with a team of coworkers that was always willing to help.

A typical day was customer service, inventory control, data entry, shipping and receiving.

The hardest part of the job was having to leave because they closed the warehouse.
Nice Place to work
Administrative Support, Customer Service & Sales (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJJuly 18, 2018
Veritiv is a nice place to work, They give you allot of different training, so you can grow with the company.

The benefits are good, they care about their employees.
Typical warehouse environment
Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHJuly 11, 2018
Can be a relaxing place to work provided everyone does their job. Can be stressful at times, working 50 hours a week is common. Management is easy to get along with, however, doesn't manage too well. Can come to work and do the bare minimum with no repercussions. Also, no incentive or appreciation for putting in the extra effort. It is part of a Union for warehouse employees, and the pay is not that great. No room for advancement. Great job if you want to drive a forklift for the rest of your life.
Hard Work Recognized
Communications (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2018
Tremendous opportunity to grow skills, career and impact the business. Hard work recognized.

If you embrace change and open to building a new company, Veritiv provides you the opportunity to shine.
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Empacadora (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 3, 2018
Excelentes condiciones laborales, buena remuneracion
Pros
Siempre hay over time y es opcional tomarlo o no
Cons
Queda lejos de mi residencia
New company.
Application Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Loveland, OHJuly 3, 2018
My work experience was with xpedx before it merged with another company and became Veritiv. I started working with International Paper and later transferred to xpedx. It was a great place t work and I enjoyed my 14 years at the company.
Pros
Solid company; work ethics and good people
Typical Public Company Culture
Director, General Management (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2018
Veritiv is the product of the merger of two very different cultures which has proven challenging as management tries to create a "one veritiv" culture.
Pros
Compensation, Flexibility
Cons
Advancement
It's ok
IMAGE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJune 22, 2018
Not the best place to work, not the worst. The people are the best part of working here. Most of the management is located in a different place, and they don't appear to care much.
Good company
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  St Louis, MOJune 18, 2018
Good company to work for, small and doesn't pay well. Enjoyed working with the people. Systems and equipment are ok but not up to date. They don't take care of their buildings.
Pros
Nice working conditions
Cons
Doesn't pay well.
good company
Customer Service Support (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 15, 2018
veritiv is a great company to work out, it is a very laxed work environment, business casual and able to wear jeans on fridays. treat every employee very well. a lot of team building activities.
Gets old quick
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 9, 2018
Lack of management and lack of direction. Policies always seem to be changing and little support from the higher ups. This was a toxic work enviornement.
Immature management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJune 8, 2018
The management is a group of women who have their favorites, which is very obvious because if you're one of their favs, you can take off work as often as you like and you'll be fine. The work is ok but because of the incredible boring and bland atmosphere, and the feeling of being watched (which you definitely are) it's kind of soul killing. And I have been aware they recruit employees (favorites) to spy on other employees (non favorites).The good side is-if you're liked you can take off work as often as you like and you'll be fine!
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
All the above
Good Company
Facility Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 4, 2018
Decent pay, very unstructured right now with no direction and little support. Lots of road blocks reps have to deal with due to merging and many company changes.
Pros
Freedom and flexible, good products
Cons
lots of road blocks hard to get things going
No Opportunity for Growth, Overworked
National Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Exton, PAMay 30, 2018
Company likes to say that they promote from within, but managers do not follow this practice and mostly hire external candidates. They pretend that it is up to the employee to pursue advancement, but there is little opportunity to do so.

Employees are overworked and underpaid.
This was a great job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 29, 2018
We loaded and unloaded trucks daily. We picked orders on the cherry pickers and reach trucks. Once the order picked, we shrink wrapped them, and then we load them into the correct outbound truck. this was truly a great job. The hardest part of this job to me was to leave. if we were never put out of business through the merge, i believe i would still be there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veritiv Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.