Veritiv Corporation Employee Reviews

Career killer
Manager (Former Employee) –  nationwideJanuary 13, 2019
unethical business and career killer. IP (the blue bloods) top heavy management quickly outnumber the Unisource mgmt 5-1 and, the blues still have no clue how Unisource did business (in an ethical and efficient way) and still continue to mess it up and screw the long term good people out of promotion and decision making.
Great work place
Warehouseman/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93725January 6, 2019
Environment is great, coworkers are outgoing and very helpful. Management is great and understanding. My time with Veritiv was a great experience and I learned a lot of different work task that are helping boost my work experience.
Pros
Work lunch meeting, monthly meetings.
Veritiv Corporation
Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 18, 2018
Walking in the door I thought this was the company for me ! I watch from the time we worked in Loveland to now Fairfield. Management do not follow through with end of the year goals for its employees. Customer service is micromanaged and for almost one year we never had a grace period in place until a group of people complained. Some of the customer service managers are not qualified to be in their positions. The company could use a lot of improvement. HR is rarely available in person on Wednesday’s or via phone. They do not take things serious I witness a team lead call two African Americans Monkeys relating to a Zoo story which I felt was so hurtful nothing in upper management was done in result. This company pick and choose who to give annual bonuses to. It’s a lot of behind the scene that a new hire will not know coming in the door. No structure training anymore if you not catching on within two weeks you are out the door. It was a downsize in the paper department and result lot of people felt their jobs were on the line. With that being said it was not properly stated to all employees and lot of employees working on the print segment Quit to avoid being laid off in the near future. The managers in customer service allow the internal sales reps tell the hard working customer service professionals what to do. The position is titled account manager but the pay is not adequate to all the work required.
Pros
Remote testing from home
Cons
Micromanaged/ no yearly bonus base on work performance
Employee unfriendly
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lemoyne, PADecember 14, 2018
Company is pouting that the lemoyne location voted Teamsters in. Most of the company was union when it was Xpedx and International Paper. Now the company is stalling and not negotiating.

Management ok with making delivery changes to long time customers. Customers ordering less and less because of this. Losing customers seems to be ok.

1 percent raises yearly and no raises for over night drivers for 6 years and only once in 10 years. Mileage pay is stuck at 48 cents per mile (that's horrible)

Health insurance cost for employee goes up yearly
Deductables are $4500. Its unreal.

OSHA might as well have an office in the wearhouse. Too many things unsafe.

Management tells everyone to operate safe but also threatens to right then up if they are moving to slow because they have to observe safety procedures. They want warehouse and drivers to work safely unless it benefits them to get work done faster.

They suspend workers for minor offenses even if it's the 1st time something happens to then... even with 20+ years clean record.

Do yourself a favor let this company alone. Stay as far away as possible.
Pros
Most drivers home every night and all of on weekends
Cons
Management doesn't listen to its employees, benefits are awful.
Needs work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTDecember 13, 2018
Great mission, great products. Needs to work on putting management in place to help new employees. Only go here if you have industry experience, new employees will struggle.
Dear Diary
Robot (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 2, 2018
. This company is a result of a merger of two losing companies to make one big losing company. Employees were thrown in to positions they were completely unqualified for and the turnover/firings have been a direct correlation to that through the years with each new recruit being less qualified. Hourly workers are micromanaged like peasants and run in to the ground. It doesn't matter how much you give. You are as good as your last day. The big picture is they are unprofitable do to product choices, and they will make you feel your effort is why they are unprofitable and take benefits accordingly. I've never heard anyone speak positively about this company and that is unacceptable.
Pros
Mistake driven over- time pay
Cons
Way to many mistakes
Too Many Changes
Purchasing / Customer Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kent, WANovember 29, 2018
Too many changes that don't support the employees or the customers.

Management has a high turnover.

Warehouse employees are lacking training and a culture of team environment.
Great office to work in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 27, 2018
I worked with a great group of co-workers that work together like family. The dedication of employees is incredible and every works together as a team.
Sales day
Sales Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 22, 2018
A day consisted of make cold calls and handling existing customer issues.
Hardest part of job was getting new accounts that the company would accept.
management didn't really care about you.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Way to many reports.
Senior Management has destroyed this company, it will fail unless drastic changes are made
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  VANovember 21, 2018
Poor Senior Management. This company shoots themselves in the foot daily and then chops off the foot as an effort to solve the problems that occur over & over.
This company is run like the government.
They are no longer customer oriented.
All local functions are scattered throughout the globe.
No accountability for mistakes.
Pros
pay & benefits are good
Cons
Poor Senior Management
Solid first job
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Norcross GaNovember 14, 2018
I really like working for Veritiv but after a few years I don’t believe I’d be doing myself justice if I didn’t see what else is out there. I’m very thankful for the opportunity that I was given at my division VLS.
Teamwork
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 13, 2018
Teamwork was awesome! That was enjoyable to see everyone pitching in to help someone if they needed it. No one was shamed nor discredited. Good place to work.
Pros
Moral
Cons
It being temporary
Not a bad company...
Non Union Facility Production Manager (Former Employee) –  North Side, PANovember 13, 2018
I worked for them under the XPedX banner, I was charged with working with a staff comprised primarily of temps from a work release program. It was certainly a challenge. The pay was sub standard for the amount of staff I was tasked with.
The merger we have went through has been cumbersome and a morale killer for the sales organization
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 12, 2018
The hardest part of the job, now that we went through a merger is the inner workings of the company which includes a remote customer service, new computer system,and inventory decisions being made by upper management that has NOT worked well for our clients.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the clients that i have the wonderful opportunity of calling on and working with on a daily basis
Pros
you are in charge of your work day
Cons
the key decisions being made that are affecting our client base adversly
All bad
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 29, 2018
No room for advancement
Poor management
Inconsistent rules
Unpredictable environment
Constant harassment
Higher management was aware of all of the issues, but just did not care. They always found a way to turn the blame around.
Good place for advancement because of high turnover
Withheld (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2018
There's a lot of change here, mostly because the old ideas and very traditional work culture. It's an older group of folks, and the values reflect that. No remote working policy, traditional benefits (which can be quite stingy), and very overbearing office politics.
Pros
Good place for advancement
Cons
Promotional pay is capped so you work for less than market value
Culture has completely changed since the merger
Sales Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 27, 2018
Veritiv is a company of 2 existing companies that merged - xpedx and Unisource. I worked for xpedx. All that was good with xpedx went away when Unisource came aboard and bought us out. It has been a constant struggle of people leaving, fired, quitting and employees being treated less than. There is nothing fun about being at work.
Pros
Some flexibility with hours
Cons
focuses on negatives
Lack of management engagement
Distribution Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NYOctober 25, 2018
Typically, managers will criticize any decisions front line employees make without having facts from the involved parties, often relying on third party assessments.
No time for Work Time fun
ACCOUNT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32207October 14, 2018
3 team members, each of us are assigned a morning task. Such as Setting up Check Batches, Manual Credit Cards, or
Forecasting of Daily Cash Totals and setting up Manual ACH's. After morning task we apply the Cash. Have learned more Excel functions. Management is fair, workplace culture as any where else they're favorites and clicks.
No room for advancement. Poor Management
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 1, 2018
This learned a lot working for Veritiv but the working environment is not good at all. Very poor management and no room for advancement. There are a lot of issues within the company that they do not want to acknowledge and it prevents a lot of hard workers from thriving in this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veritiv Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.