Veritiv Corporation Employee Reviews

Teamwork
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 13, 2018
Teamwork was awesome! That was enjoyable to see everyone pitching in to help someone if they needed it. No one was shamed nor discredited. Good place to work.
Pros
Moral
Cons
It being temporary
Not a bad company...
Non Union Facility Production Manager (Former Employee) –  North Side, PANovember 13, 2018
I worked for them under the XPedX banner, I was charged with working with a staff comprised primarily of temps from a work release program. It was certainly a challenge. The pay was sub standard for the amount of staff I was tasked with.
The merger we have went through has been cumbersome and a morale killer for the sales organization
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 12, 2018
The hardest part of the job, now that we went through a merger is the inner workings of the company which includes a remote customer service, new computer system,and inventory decisions being made by upper management that has NOT worked well for our clients.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the clients that i have the wonderful opportunity of calling on and working with on a daily basis
Pros
you are in charge of your work day
Cons
the key decisions being made that are affecting our client base adversly
All bad
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 29, 2018
No room for advancement
Poor management
Inconsistent rules
Unpredictable environment
Constant harassment
Higher management was aware of all of the issues, but just did not care. They always found a way to turn the blame around.
Good place for advancement because of high turnover
Withheld (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2018
There's a lot of change here, mostly because the old ideas and very traditional work culture. It's an older group of folks, and the values reflect that. No remote working policy, traditional benefits (which can be quite stingy), and very overbearing office politics.
Pros
Good place for advancement
Cons
Promotional pay is capped so you work for less than market value
Culture has completely changed since the merger
Sales Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 27, 2018
Veritiv is a company of 2 existing companies that merged - xpedx and Unisource. I worked for xpedx. All that was good with xpedx went away when Unisource came aboard and bought us out. It has been a constant struggle of people leaving, fired, quitting and employees being treated less than. There is nothing fun about being at work.
Pros
Some flexibility with hours
Cons
focuses on negatives
Lack of management engagement
Distribution Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NYOctober 25, 2018
Typically, managers will criticize any decisions front line employees make without having facts from the involved parties, often relying on third party assessments.
No time for Work Time fun
ACCOUNT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32207October 14, 2018
3 team members, each of us are assigned a morning task. Such as Setting up Check Batches, Manual Credit Cards, or
Forecasting of Daily Cash Totals and setting up Manual ACH's. After morning task we apply the Cash. Have learned more Excel functions. Management is fair, workplace culture as any where else they're favorites and clicks.
No room for advancement. Poor Management
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 1, 2018
This learned a lot working for Veritiv but the working environment is not good at all. Very poor management and no room for advancement. There are a lot of issues within the company that they do not want to acknowledge and it prevents a lot of hard workers from thriving in this company.
Lots of sales calls
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 30, 2018
Travel to customer locations to present new products and resolve problems, Make deliveries and process returned items for credit. We had weekly sales meetings.
Pros
Home office
Stupid lazy bosses
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia paSeptember 29, 2018
Veritive is the absolute worse company i ever worked for stupid lazy bosses the one boss did not know the difference between a 36 and a 48 ft trailor they try to send you into center city with a 53 ft trailor they try to rip you off with pay. Run from this place save yourself.
Pros
Union
Cons
Bosses
Fun Place to work
Account Manager/CSP (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHSeptember 13, 2018
Great Atmosphere the people there are really nice and family oriented. The managers let you be vocal and are attentive to your needs on the job. They make it easy to work.
Average
Talent Acquisition Partner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2018
Decent pay to work in a primitive industry with lackluster employee population. Not competitive but solid work. No major perks or culture to capture the attention of competent and eager job seekers.
Pros
Solid pay
Cons
Industry, underdeveloped culture
Busy DC Center
DC Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTSeptember 6, 2018
Veritiv was a fast paced DC that integrated the Middletown , Windsor and Wilmington facilities into one operation. It was very challenging to say the least but also rewarding. It was a pleasure to be part of its team and to see the rewards of our efforts.
Pros
Secure Company
Cons
The DC consolidations
Very stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 5, 2018
The only good thing about the current job was my manager was upbeat as she could be. Upper Management was no longer Customer Oriented. There was not enough people to take care of Customers.
Pros
Supervisor was awesome
Cons
Upper Management didn't take care of employees
Headquarters in Atlanta seems to dictate marketing for all divisions nationally without any input from local market professionals
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 16, 2018
Veritiv is a new company founded in 2014 with the merger of xpedx and Unisource. Completely new management was created. About half of the reps from both companies were kept. A very cold approach is used to eliminate jobs there. No warning is given to terminated employees and a modest severance package is offered.
Pros
largest print paper supplier in country
Cons
headquarters in Atlanta. They make rash decisions adversely affecting local markets.
It was great working at veritiv. Fast space made time run by fast , great employees.
Each pick (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYAugust 14, 2018
-Monday and Tuesdays are the busy nights. Orders are high
- good work environment
- curry heavy products
- hazardous work
- safety
- certified double pallet jack
Toxic Environment
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 13, 2018
Veritiv has an extremely toxic environment with a negative culture that breeds contentment towards management. A full management overhaul will be required to bring this business into the 21st century.
Omg
Wave Planner (Current Employee) –  Rogers, MNAugust 8, 2018
We are coming off a recent facility move from a 400,000+ sf warehouse to one that is about 100,000 sf smaller with a third of the dock space. The building was not ready when we started moving in so there was no where to put anything. There is still inventory that isn't accounted for after two months and that is in no way the fault of our inventory folks. This move has been overwhelming for everyone.

I love what I do. It hasn't been much fun lately because of the move but things are coming back to normal as inventory issues are being resolved. I like most of the people I work with. Not that there are people that I dislike. Now if we could only get a handle on the emails.

Pay is not very good at the low end of the scale especially. We can't keep our second shift manned. That just makes it tough for everyone. First shift has to finish what they don't get done before they can start on their own work. At the end of first shift you can count on at least 20 items that aren't put away from the day's receivings.
Pros
Decent benefits and PTO
Cons
Low pay
Management changes focus every six months
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  MidwestAugust 5, 2018
They flex their muscles in the industry but no one is listening or cares. Very structured in their sales process. Seems to allow the warehouse to direct to the answer "no".
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
direction of company changes every 6 months

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veritiv Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about