Verity Medical Foundation Employee Reviews

Great co workers and office atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 5, 2018
Over worked but under paid, yet we get a lot of different work experience. Our office staff is amazing and we all work very well as a team!! We have great knowledge of how to help our physicians help out their patients
Pros
Great medical coverage, and union back up
Cons
No breaks and physicians are far over booked
Great Place To Gain Experience
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 19, 2018
Staff and management were great. The company is still making a lot of changes, pay could be better but overall a great place to learn and gain experience in healthcare.
Pros
hour lunches, long breaks
Lacking in Corporate Culture
PSR/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 10, 2018
Verity Medical is an amalgram of many previously independent medical clinics. It is speedily purchasing existing clinics for two reasons: (1) to enter a new market/service line, (2) to expand a current service line. They have recently, in the last 12 months, acquired many small clinics to create a large footprint for themselves, from Northern CA to Southern CA. Interestingly, checks are still distributed from their original company, Daughters of Charity. Because they are growing so fast they are not able to establish a cohesive company culture; it's every person for themselves. There is little to no collaboration between departments; the silo mentality is prevalent. There is zero company enrichment; managers are not required to attend leadership classes. They lack a cohesive mission statement or goals. Executives are in place because of tenure not because of talent! It is a very frustrating environment to work in.
Pros
Health care benefits, easy parking, vacation days
Cons
No mission statement or cohesive company goal - other than to grow as fast as possible.
My job was ok
San Jose, Ca. - HMO Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 5, 2018
The hardest part was getting yelled at by patients whom were upset with their bill, but at the end of the call they were ok with their bill.
I liked the hours.
Pros
My co-workers
So Many room for improvement
IT Trainer/EMR TRAINER (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 16, 2017
Management is great, workload is slow and so much room for growth. There is not a lot of support to be better at job but a lot of flexibility.
Work-life balance is awesome!
Verity is below average
Financial Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 27, 2017
Verity acquired Daughters of Charity about two years ago (The old name of the company). The new management philosophy is to reduce cost and use temp workers instead of investing in staff.
IT infrastructure is very weak and outdated with no plan to improve, and employees turn over is high.
Cons
Management focuses on cost reduction and ignores investing in employees
Medical Staff coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 18, 2017
I enjoyed my job there as a coordinator.(Scheduling,administration ,managing time etc..) I wanted to work remotely, so studied and became a coder. my objective now is to became a coder.
Pros
Good office environment
Cons
execution of planning must be change according to needs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verity Medical Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

Verity Medical Foundation Reviews by Location