Verizon Authorized Retailer - GoWireless Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Unrealistic Expectations
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 10, 2018
You interview with a district manager who promises a high sales culture with high customer traffic and a lot of opportunities to capture sales. You get a location with little to no traffic and are expected to turn it into high traffic quality sales. You will not make commission here, which is the majority of your expected salary. You will likely lose your job due to lack of sales.
Management and coworkers were awesome, But pretty much taught us to lie and try to blindside customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 8, 2018
I loved working with the management, they were fun, positive and upbeat. The only thing I didn’t like is how they tried to add extra charges to things, taught us that we lie or wing it, if were not really sure about something. It was really slow at my location so having two employees working when we’d get one customer a day would really be stressful, the commission on things wasn’t even worth it, and the worst part is... if you miss your goal even by 1%... you didn’t get anything. NADA. So if my goal for the week was to hit 400$ in sales, and I busted my butt in selling.. with low amount of customers, terrible location, and I hit 350$ for commission... I would get anything from it. It was so discouraging.
Pros
Decent base pay.
Cons
Commission pay, customer traffic, competitive.
Great place to work - entry level sales job
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Acton, MAJuly 7, 2018
Great start for sales. Change in telecomm has changed the industry but still a great start in sales. I was able to work this job through college and still manage to grow within the company while i was getting my degree.
Pros
Commission, pto, benefits
Cons
Poor management, low base pay
It was great at first....
Sales - Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 4, 2018
So I've been working here for a while now and the management team above the store level dont really seem to care. The benefits provided from the company are okay, you get anthem blue cross for what feels like half your paycheck, paid weekly for hourly and monthly for commission, however the pay from commission is awful unless you're an extremely high selling representative or manager. Basically you get minimum wage plus $200-300 commission you can practically guarantee. Winter months you'll make more but you make nothing for the first 8 to 9 months of the year. I would not recommend working here if you value a consistent schedule due to the high turn over rate itll constantly be changing due to them shifting employees from store to store to cover the complete lack of staffing. Also while you do accrue paid time off it's almost impossible to use it due to the lack of employees they won't give you coverage for those days and deny your request. The complete lack of structure and training is extremely apparent as there is no consistency to how products are being pitched towards customers. While they will give you trainings on the computer they make no sense and give you little to no help in actually completing your job. I mean it is a full time job though so theres that.
Pros
Its full time. Store management was good, very consistent as to what was in their control.
Cons
Expensive healthcare. Poor compensation structure.
Not a day I didn't enjoy
Inventory Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2018
I had a great team of people to work with and the work was challenging. Enjoyed the company culture with lots of room for advancement. Hard not to love everything about this place!
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
Boys club
Fun and easy but very horrible management and horrible goal expectations
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OHJuly 2, 2018
The management is horrible constantly changing staffs because they are friends and one of the district managers actually said he will never promote within stores so it gives people no chance to make it
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
Everything else besides the people I work with
This was a good company to work for.
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 24, 2018
This company was a good place to work, the occasional coworker would be pretty cool and would be able to get along, the only problem i had with the job was I felt as if I was being used in the system, I was misinformed by a team member at the store that told me I was supposed to put commission sales into their name, I later found out that this wasn't true and was actually was commissions fraud on that particular person, there was a report sent to human resources, but I never got a answer back and then things slowly got worse to the point I was being disrespected by coworkers in front of other customers, since HR never emailed me back I decided I had to move on from this position
Pros
Good pay, cash bonuses
Cons
strict policies, short breaks, fixed hours
Productive, caring, flexible hours
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Deming, NMJune 24, 2018
I love my current job with gowireless I would love to grow with the company and continue working to become a better WC but so far no opportunities for promotions
Pros
Everybody is so helping and nice
Cons
Short lunch
Wonderful Company
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2018
I enjoyed working for Verizon. I started with MCI, then WorldCom then Verizon. I was able to work independently and there was room for growth. Salary and Benefits were excellent
Pros
Room for growith
It was amazing when I started, but I left after many things changed in the company.
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  AZJune 22, 2018
When I started at this company the pay and commission was great, but the company made changes to their pay structure after a year which cut our commissions in half.
Great experience
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDJune 17, 2018
Learned to adapt quickly and work effectively, build relationships, communicate professionally verbally and written, not flexible with time off and lunches were short
Fun atmosphere
Sales Manager/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Retail ManagerJune 14, 2018
When I worked for GoWireless, it was in the very early stages of the company expanding out of the West Coast. While my employment with their company was brief, I was very satisfied with management and overall goals of the company.
Long hours and little reward
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJune 13, 2018
This company is by far the worst company to work for when it comes to a low volume location. You would stand there for hours at a time without a customer and in a setting where sales are what make you money the pressure is put on when sales are low to drive traffic even in ways they recommend that is unethical. Don't work here if you can't handle the stress of sale or can't bring in atleast 10 customers a week on your own, it will be a headache and you will lose motivation to work in the store.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Schedule leniency
Cons
Lack of clientele, poor attitudes, unrealistic goals for store settings.
Not my kind of job
Wireless consultant (Former Employee) –  Dillon, MTJune 9, 2018
It was not a bad place to work at all. I just am not good at convincing people to buy things that they do not need. They compensate well and have a good training program for new hires.
Pros
money, laid back environment
Cons
not my kind of job
not a fan
Wireless consultant/ Apprentice to the manager (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAMay 30, 2018
not a big fan of this company. The management goes external for new management positions instead of staying with in the company. the pay was not worth the long hours spent in Verizon
Pros
awesome store manager at upland
Cons
bad pay, long hours, unfair upper managment
Fun place to work, attainable goals, good compensation
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 25, 2018
Worked here as a Sales Rep while in college. One of my favorite jobs I have ever worked at. Management was fun and encouraging. Had sales goals which were fair and good compensation at that time. Fond memories of Go Wireless!
Learned new tricks for phones
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAMay 21, 2018
I learned how to troubleshoot and explore different phones. I have an iPhone and I have been an iPhone user for many years. Working at GoWireless taught me how to use an Andriod and showed me how different iPhone is from Android
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
no OT
Change
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 21, 2018
I worked here for less than a year. I forgot how raises worked but the commission structure seemed to fluctuate every 2 months. Management is pretty laid back so long as you hit your numbers.
Pros
Paid frequently
Cons
Seemingly arbitrary changes to commission
A fine job.
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2018
It's a really fast place and high energy workplace the benefits are there is truly unlimited earning potential if you have the drive to get there and the smarts to figure most of it out by yourself once you get into management you can pretty much kiss your personal life goodbye but the pay is there if you're willing to work for it.
Good if no higher education
Sales/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 20, 2018
Constant commission change for the worse
You were just another cog in the machine - replaceable
no upwards advancement
unrealistic goals
If your in a slow location your life will be miserable
benefits
Cons
management, unrealistic goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon Authorized Retailer - GoWireless. Our community is ready to answer.