Verizon Authorized Retailer - GoWireless Employee Reviews

Decent job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 30, 2018
This was the starter job for me moving to the city of Las Vegas so as a starter job Ellis good but definitely should have higher pay and better benefits for their employees.
Fast paced environment, potential to learn alot about sales
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLNovember 28, 2018
I honestly wish I could have stayed longer, I learned a lot of valuable skills they made sure I knew what I was doing before letting me handle customers on my own.
Pros
Calm environment, management was nice and friendly.
Cons
Mandatory training out of county, mandatory aggressive salesman ship on accessories.
Perfect job for telecommunication sales
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CANovember 16, 2018
Great starter platform in retail industry with strong focus on customer experience . Hours might be a problem , especially for a married person. Technology updates knowledge .
productive, Fast paced, Competitive
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Norco, CANovember 12, 2018
Go wireless is very competitive workplace that instills a sales driven initiative with their teams. The Cons for go wireless would be no flexible hours and also not being a corporate location.
Pros
commission
Cons
flexibility
Fun and exciting place!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WANovember 8, 2018
They know what it means to take care of your people. They will make sure you’re always taken care of no matter what! They will make constant communication to make sure that their employees are happy!
The worse decision I’ve made
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 8, 2018
Working for Gowireless was the worse decision I’ve ever made. I wasted a lot of my time working for this company. Making me realize working for someone isn’t something i want to do. You put in countless hours tying to obtain a goal and get in trouble when you don’t hit your goal. Upper management does very little to help with customers coming into location. They blame you for everything. Your only a store sales person making a hourly amount. The except you to work as if your making millions of dollars. The entire upper management suck up. And only cares about themselves. They will set you up to get you fired or even worse. Females have been harassed and HR covers it up and it goes unnoticed. If you go against the GO Way they will set you up and get rid of you. Don’t trust anyone !!!!!! I can write a book about my time working for Gowireless. The pay is horrible. Once you get a hang of the commission structer they change the structure so you have to figure out the new structure it is designed for you not to make money. They will lie and tell you how the new commission is benefitical but it in fact isn’t. Don’t vent to anyone about anything, do your work and go home. Don’t look for this place to be a career job. Save your money because the end is near.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Everything and more
GoWireless is one of the least commission pay out wireless companies!!
Floating District Manger - Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GANovember 5, 2018
I was part of an acquisition from Procom Wireless an indirect company such as Go-Wireless. The transition was horrible in which as a store manager it took me three months to get a new tire and the name badge. Go wireless commission structure is only beneficial to management and above. As a regular sales consultants you’re just getting by with commission. I’ve been in a store manager they only allow for you to make so much money due to the fact that the increase your monthly goals not by year over year but simple he to make up for the store around your surrounding area that’s aren’t exceeding goals. If you’re applying in the Georgia region, beware!!!!
Pros
Get the right store and you can bank somewhat!!
Cons
You won’t make money if your not in the top 2 stores in your district!!
Good company, commission
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WANovember 3, 2018
Good company to work for if you are driven to get commission and have a mind for selling. If you are more on the side of “Do people really need this” really consider when applying.
Pros
Commision
Cons
Minimum wage
kiosk that didnt last long
sales (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 1, 2018
i worked at a little tiny store which the owner was not to worried about he left me alone like my 2 day not really knowing what i was doing so he could attend his other store. Store failed quickly not a good location.
Decent place to work
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  New London, NHOctober 25, 2018
Good place to work.

However, like any job/franchise the people you work with make or break the job.

Try and go to the store and meet your potential co workers before you apply.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAOctober 24, 2018
Itvwas a fast pace fun a lil difficult to lern everything so fast cause products and plans change so rapidly i would recamend any one for this job .....
Pros
Fun
Cons
No stability
Uncapped earning potential
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edgartown MassachusettsOctober 22, 2018
As an ex cars salesman and service manager of a large boat yard. I had low expectations for the job as far as salary goes. Comes to find out the pay plan is very fair for a go getter that doesn't mind asking for the sale and knows that even if a customer is there just for a tech question or to pay there bill that this client is a sales opportunity. Dont think your going to work here and act like a clerk from Cumberland farms and think your going to make money.if you are hungry then eat if not get an hourly or salary job. They provide you with usefull training to maximize every sale. Very fun job with good earnings at the right location with room for career advancement.
Pros
Uncapped earning potential
Cons
Lots of info to stay up to date with
Scam
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIOctober 16, 2018
They sweet talk you into taking this job without showing you the commission structure. Once you're in then you realize how little you are actually making. One of the lowest pay structures of the wireless companies. Training is a joke. Nothing works and you constantly have to contact the service line to do anything. EXTREMELY marked up products. I personally gave my notice and was fired immediately. Do not work for this company!
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ammon, IDOctober 11, 2018
I loved working here and with the people i worked with. they are like one big family. customer service gets stressful but the people you work with make it bareable
Its definitely a good job if you dont have any bills.
Apache junction - REP (Current Employee) –  Apache Junction, AZOctober 8, 2018
It definitely is a job where if your fortunate to get put into a good store the possibilities are near endless. If you are put into a slower store all they do is compare you to the faster stores. You are also over looked if someone at a faster store has decent numbers. Seniority means nothing.
Productive and fun workplace
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Blackshear, GAOctober 6, 2018
Pretty good place to work for coworkers get along and pretty great customers as well. Both manager and districts manager is friendly and will help with any problems or troubles you may have
Pros
weekly pay plus commission
Cons
No commission if you don’t hit target but usually hit it
Please don't work here!
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 1, 2018
Worst job ever. This company will underpay you, make commission deductions without warning, and transfer you whenever and wherever they please. The commission is either ok or nonexistent depending on the location you work at. Management will constantly encourage you to lie to customers as long as it drives sales. The best day of work that I ever had here was the same day I quit and got a new job.
Pros
Coworkers
Dont Do It!
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 28, 2018
I would never recommend this company to anyone. Its so obvious management has favorites. They chose who to promote ignoring the ones who are obviously the most qualified. Management acts absolutely ridiculous. They will gossip about employees and ignore 'confidential' information between manager and employee. Call center representatives who are favored will get away with just about anything. Regardless of how many times you report it. If you tell management its going to get on the floor, regardless of what you have to say about it. If you don't like it, you can go to HR. Just don't expect anything to be done about it. You are told one thing during the interview process, then once on the floor its completely different. Commission structure is not nearly as nice as it seems. They constantly lie about the pay. The representatives are underpaid and unhappy. Calling into the call center is an absolute nightmare. Leaving this position was the best decision i ever made.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
Management Pay
Benefits
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sedona, AZSeptember 25, 2018
Fast paced environment with encouragement to up sell products. The benefits and culture is enjoyable. The training is very thorough, and ongoing. Things change constantly.

It is often tough to meet the expectations of target goals for sales, and if it isn't met, there is a change for an hourly increase.
Pros
Benefits and the culture is good.
Cons
Pressure to upsell.
Small teams.
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZSeptember 23, 2018
Small teams that gives you an opportunity to become close with each other. Management within store is amazing, management from district manager & up is not. Threaten for firing if you don’t perform above goal even if you’re meeting numbers. Always pushing for more than a store can provide especially with understaffed team. Human Resources doesn’t care about anything reported unless it’s something that can potentially put the company at danger. Will hire outside people for promotions before hiring from within & lastly. Will schedule you the worst hours if DM does not like you as he’s trying to fire you even when he doesn’t have grounds to do so. Worst company I’ve worked for ever..
Pros
Great team from within
Cons
Higher leaders don’t know how to lead

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon Authorized Retailer - GoWireless. Our community is ready to answer.