Verizon Authorized Retailer - GoWireless Employee Reviews

Lots of idle time, lots of angry customers
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Polson, MTAugust 9, 2018
GoWireless was an awesome company to work for, when it was busy. There are some ridiculous sales metrics to achieve and bratty customers don't help you reach them at all.
Decent Money With Reasonable Targets
Manager in Training (MIT) (Former Employee) –  Gun Barrel City, TXAugust 8, 2018
I worked here at sort of a rough patch in my life, so I didn't take full advantage of what was offered. If you're a decent rep you'll make $18 plus an hour, I average $22. I felt like our DM pushed us, but had reasonable expectations and was a good sales demonstrator. The corporate training in Arizona was good as well. Overall, I didn't mind it and probably should have gotten help sooner so I could have been an Store Manager, but that's life. Only thing I didn't care for was that when your SM sells as an active salesperson they can absolutely take over sales with little recourse and they do this when their job is on the line.
Pros
Money and Downtime
Cons
SM's hijacking sales
Unrealistic expectations
Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 3, 2018
Horrible company to work for, lack of true leadership, no true development, lacking inventory to meet customers’ needs. Turnover rate is super high, yet they do not understand why people frequently leave. Upper management expects results, but you won’t ever really see them. Commission structures set to ensure that the workers do not get paid. Ridiculously priced screen protector program. Company sells the worse accessories at 10x the price it cost them to buy.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Leadership, lack of support, commission structure, expectations, training sucks, and biased relationships
Great entry level job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 2, 2018
Provides good customer service and sales skills to employees. Is a great way to start a career in any field regarding sales or customer service . I would highly recommend
Fun place to work, but can get stressful.
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDAugust 2, 2018
It was an awesome place to work, I did however find that there seemed to be emphasis on the wrong things sometimes. I liked the people in my store including my managers, but it seemed like the management higher up couldn't make up their minds on what they wanted to do sometimes.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
break area and store maintenance
Nothing to say
Garnishment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 31, 2018
The person I worked for was one of the owners of the company. Therefore, I don't want to write anything about that person or the company itself please.
laid back
Sales Employee (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 31, 2018
Not a good place to work, lack of managers. needs proper training. everyone is too laid back. Workers were litterely toxic people to work work. the worst.
Nice place to work
Independent Representative (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHJuly 18, 2018
Go Wireless is a great company to work for if you enjoy sales and customer service. management was very well rounded, schedules were flexible, commission was available to boost monthly wages. all around great place of employment.
Please do not work here!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 17, 2018
This place is a joke. Horrible management, store manager’s always steal your sale, favoritism through out this entire company. The district management only help their buddies that are below them. They will tell you that you will make a lot of money but hardly will you ever see your commission check. You won’t succeed in GoWireless.
Pros
Decent pay, decent benefits. Find a job who will treat you good.
Cons
Horrible management, Managment is a joke.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 17, 2018
I was in management where I would maintain cash flow, deposits, scheduling, hiring & firing. I looked forward everyday in going to work. Me & my crew are still very close.
Unrealistic Expectations
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 10, 2018
You interview with a district manager who promises a high sales culture with high customer traffic and a lot of opportunities to capture sales. You get a location with little to no traffic and are expected to turn it into high traffic quality sales. You will not make commission here, which is the majority of your expected salary. You will likely lose your job due to lack of sales.
Employees I worked with were great
Wireless consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXJuly 9, 2018
My coworkers were great but management lower and upper level; including home office, never followed through. They did not take care of employees well.
Pros
good commission
Cons
short breaks, no life, no help or consideration
Management and coworkers were awesome, But pretty much taught us to lie and try to blindside customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 8, 2018
I loved working with the management, they were fun, positive and upbeat. The only thing I didn’t like is how they tried to add extra charges to things, taught us that we lie or wing it, if were not really sure about something. It was really slow at my location so having two employees working when we’d get one customer a day would really be stressful, the commission on things wasn’t even worth it, and the worst part is... if you miss your goal even by 1%... you didn’t get anything. NADA. So if my goal for the week was to hit 400$ in sales, and I busted my butt in selling.. with low amount of customers, terrible location, and I hit 350$ for commission... I would get anything from it. It was so discouraging.
Pros
Decent base pay.
Cons
Commission pay, customer traffic, competitive.
Great place to work - entry level sales job
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Acton, MAJuly 7, 2018
Great start for sales. Change in telecomm has changed the industry but still a great start in sales. I was able to work this job through college and still manage to grow within the company while i was getting my degree.
Pros
Commission, pto, benefits
Cons
Poor management, low base pay
It was great at first....
Sales - Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 4, 2018
So I've been working here for a while now and the management team above the store level dont really seem to care. The benefits provided from the company are okay, you get anthem blue cross for what feels like half your paycheck, paid weekly for hourly and monthly for commission, however the pay from commission is awful unless you're an extremely high selling representative or manager. Basically you get minimum wage plus $200-300 commission you can practically guarantee. Winter months you'll make more but you make nothing for the first 8 to 9 months of the year. I would not recommend working here if you value a consistent schedule due to the high turn over rate itll constantly be changing due to them shifting employees from store to store to cover the complete lack of staffing. Also while you do accrue paid time off it's almost impossible to use it due to the lack of employees they won't give you coverage for those days and deny your request. The complete lack of structure and training is extremely apparent as there is no consistency to how products are being pitched towards customers. While they will give you trainings on the computer they make no sense and give you little to no help in actually completing your job. I mean it is a full time job though so theres that.
Pros
Its full time. Store management was good, very consistent as to what was in their control.
Cons
Expensive healthcare. Poor compensation structure.
Not a day I didn't enjoy
Inventory Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2018
I had a great team of people to work with and the work was challenging. Enjoyed the company culture with lots of room for advancement. Hard not to love everything about this place!
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
Boys club
Fun and easy but very horrible management and horrible goal expectations
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OHJuly 2, 2018
The management is horrible constantly changing staffs because they are friends and one of the district managers actually said he will never promote within stores so it gives people no chance to make it
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
Everything else besides the people I work with
This was a good company to work for.
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 24, 2018
This company was a good place to work, the occasional coworker would be pretty cool and would be able to get along, the only problem i had with the job was I felt as if I was being used in the system, I was misinformed by a team member at the store that told me I was supposed to put commission sales into their name, I later found out that this wasn't true and was actually was commissions fraud on that particular person, there was a report sent to human resources, but I never got a answer back and then things slowly got worse to the point I was being disrespected by coworkers in front of other customers, since HR never emailed me back I decided I had to move on from this position
Pros
Good pay, cash bonuses
Cons
strict policies, short breaks, fixed hours
Productive, caring, flexible hours
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Deming, NMJune 24, 2018
I love my current job with gowireless I would love to grow with the company and continue working to become a better WC but so far no opportunities for promotions
Pros
Everybody is so helping and nice
Cons
Short lunch
Wonderful Company
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2018
I enjoyed working for Verizon. I started with MCI, then WorldCom then Verizon. I was able to work independently and there was room for growth. Salary and Benefits were excellent
Pros
Room for growith

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon Authorized Retailer - GoWireless. Our community is ready to answer.