Verizon Authorized Retailer - GoWireless Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun place to work, attainable goals, good compensation
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 25, 2018
Worked here as a Sales Rep while in college. One of my favorite jobs I have ever worked at. Management was fun and encouraging. Had sales goals which were fair and good compensation at that time. Fond memories of Go Wireless!
Learned new tricks for phones
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAMay 21, 2018
I learned how to troubleshoot and explore different phones. I have an iPhone and I have been an iPhone user for many years. Working at GoWireless taught me how to use an Andriod and showed me how different iPhone is from Android
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
no OT
A fine job.
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2018
It's a really fast place and high energy workplace the benefits are there is truly unlimited earning potential if you have the drive to get there and the smarts to figure most of it out by yourself once you get into management you can pretty much kiss your personal life goodbye but the pay is there if you're willing to work for it.
Good if no higher education
Sales/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 20, 2018
Constant commission change for the worse
You were just another cog in the machine - replaceable
no upwards advancement
unrealistic goals
If your in a slow location your life will be miserable
benefits
Cons
management, unrealistic goals
If you’re new to call centers
Call center sales agent (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDMay 18, 2018
I personally didn’t like the fact if you were bi lingual you didn’t receive any extra pay for that. The environment is okay . 2 out of the four supervisors there are great but the company should focus on hiring within the company instead of hiring “managers” that didn’t want to fix or help fix any escalations. They misscomunicate in the training and tell you that you can make over 1k in commission but the commission structure itself is dumb. The company makes over $300 dollars for these cellphones but pay their employees $10-$20 per device that is sold . ? Uhhh not the ideal job.
Pros
1 hour lunches .
Cons
Favorites .
I was there helping a friend who was the mgr of a store being closed
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHMay 11, 2018
This was a job to help out the manager who is a friend of mine and the store was being closed and the employees found out. So I worked for the last three months or so that she had coverage other than herself when everyone quit.

It's clear. Verizon corporate opened a big fancy store down the street
and the small store in the mall was no match.
Pros
Cons
everything
Good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMay 8, 2018
The location I worked at was in a mall in Kalispell which sees maybe 50 people walk thru the mall and maybe only 15 people walk in to the store so lack of customers means not able to him minimum sales
At the time it was called MCI
Commercial Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 7, 2018
My most favorite career of all. Loved it! I was there for over 13 years and was promoted several several times to different departments.
I was a customer service rep, outside service rep, and outside sales rep.
Pros
promotion and the rate of pay
Cons
we changed names quite a few times
Of all the Authorized Dealers for Verizon...this is the WORST.
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Palmer, MAMay 4, 2018
Of all the Authorized Dealers for Verizon...this is the WORST. Upper management is horrible and promoted regardless. I was told that they had checked my references and that our Verizon liaison had given me a "so-so" review when in fact they never checked with him at all. That was just to justify them paying me less as a manager. Having been under the VZW umbrella, I immediately reached out and found they were lying from the beginning.

My mother went into a coma and suffered a sudden death and I was expected to travel for training 1000 miles away the following week. They did not care.

I gave my notice on the plane ride home and they did not want me to be there the two weeks and steal customers so they paid out my 2 weeks.

The pay is atrocious. Anyone who has worked for reputable authorized retailers can attest to this. They make the commission structure almost impossible to understand and change it regularly. Upper management gets company cars and a ton of feasibility. Store managers and below nothing at all.

Rather than relocate to an open space in a much busier location in Palmer where Cricket now occupies, they opted to "renovate" the area next to a Goodwill and a Rocky's where there is almost no traffic at all. They don't want to invest in their people or the success of their employees. Rather, they want to do whatever necessary to pad their own paychecks. Of the "Big 6", Go Wireless is an embarrassment.

If you interview with this company, ask about the turnover in the Palmer, MA location. Ask how many managers have been at that location since they acquired
  more... it. Have them show AND explain to you the commission plan and then ask them to let you come into the store to speak with the reps about how many have actually hit goal. Additionally, ask them to show you the Palmer store's numbers and the numbers of stores within a 100-mile radius.

Don't waste your time with these people. There are jobs in wireless everywhere. It is a revolving door. At least get out what you put in.
Pros
Cons
Upper Management is the worst, no work-life balance, these people don't care about you or your family.
Great experience
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZMay 1, 2018
Had a pleasure working with this company. I’ve been grateful for the knowledge, skills, and support the company has given me. Truly would recommend working here
Pros
Great team to work for
Cons
Not too much of flexibility with scheduling

Want to know more about Verizon Authorized Retailer - GoWireless?

Ask a question
High Stress, Little Reward
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 1, 2018
*Constant Management and Commission restructuring
*Unrealistic Goals
*Out of touch upper management who have been kept long past their usefulness
*Good 'ol Boy situation regarding promotions
*Slow to respond to safety, inventory and operations issues
*Good Luck making commission if you take a job in one of their many slow retail stores
Pros
Decent medical, dental and vision
Cons
Mostly Everything else, no disability insurance is a big one, Upper level management
Great college job
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2018
Managers work well with your schedule if you are a college student. Actual job is not hard at all. Must have a lot of patience and able to learn on your own. The training was not very good and everyone is for themselves.
Pros
Cheaper phone bill, see new phones before they come out
Cons
cut throat, poor training, poor commission structure
Fun sales job
Indirect Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 27, 2018
If you're good at sales, then this is the job for you! When its busy, it is busy. Fast paced job. Hardest part of the job is inventory days! This can be a fun job if enjoy sales.
Pros
401k, Health, dental, vision
Cons
Short breaks
Company Ethics
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 23, 2018
Fast paced environment with little compensation. Company has a great deal of churn over rate with associates. Company normally under staff. Lots of micro managing.
Pros
30 min breaks
It was a great place to work
Retail Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Taylor, AZApril 20, 2018
Worked different shifts (i.e. open, mid & closing). No 2 days were alike. It was a great place to learn how to get into the sales and retail industry. Learned about commission and a lot about different phones. Culture is laid back and we all kept each other motivated.

Comment – May 4, 2018

Thank you for the great review. We certainly appreciate it and strive to be an employer of choice.

- Corporate Divisional Manger

Great place to develop good career skills
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 19, 2018
It was a great place to develop skills that will benefit you throughout your career. I feel that management could have been better to assist in certain ways, but overall, I enjoyed my time at GoWireless.
Lack of Communication
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Walker, AZApril 18, 2018
The amount of meetings that you have is ridiculous. usually your looking at 3 a week sometimes from district meetings to store meetings. and If you don't hit goal your just looked down on and or thrown to the side with no help or willingness from coworkers to assist.
Cons
Short break, meetings very late
Official response from Verizon Authorized Retailer - GoWireless
May 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your candid feedback on your time with GoWireless – this feedback is very valuable to us. In an ever changing industry, there are times where we must practice our processes, understand new promotions, or simply work on our craft to ensure that the customer experience and employee experience is 100%. These meetings are put together for the benefit of the employee and due to time constraints, some have to happen earlier in the morning or even consecutively in a given week. It is our mission to ensure we hire, develop and train a world class sales force, which at times calls for these events to occur.

We again thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We will continue to make improvements where necessary in order for GoWireless to continue its mission to be the employer of choice.

- Southwest General Manager

Slow-paced
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAApril 17, 2018
No customers until about noon.
Inventory became easier.
Lack of management.
Rich and stuck-up clients.
Dealing with customers who think they are entitled.
Working at a mall, you had allot of options for food.
Pros
Discounts on products and services.
Cons
Short breaks and lunches.
The Best Years of My Life Have Been at GoWireless
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 17, 2018
The Best Years of My Life Have Been at GoWireless

This is a sales job with a family like environment. We are expected to achieve targets and goals. There have been ups and downs with this company like there are with all companies. I was told early in my career to do the job I want, not the job I have. I have stuck to that philosophy and I have worked my way from SM, to DM, to SD. Every day is a new opportunity, with new experiences, new challenges, and new people to interact with.

We have an excellent support structure at GoWireless with phenomenal leadership and executives making decisions. Sometimes employees in the field don't have the opportunity to interact with the leadership team, or hear the company mission, vision, and values. If they did, they would understand that the team has their best interest at heart.

In the end, it is a business and difficult decisions have to be made sometimes. I am confident with the team at the top that they are making the right decisions. We can! We will! We must!
Pros
Benefits, Uncapped Commission, Upward Mobility
Cons
N/a

Comment – May 4, 2018

Thank you for the great review. We certainly appreciate your time and dedication.

- Corporate Divisional Manger

Competitive, fun, workplace
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hazlehurst, GAApril 9, 2018
Very competitive, driven, sales environment. Fun team to work with. Management is understanding yet career focused. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the regular changes in industry. Enjoy the people and the ability to help customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon Authorized Retailer - GoWireless. Our community is ready to answer.