Verizon Authorized Retailer - GoWireless Employee Reviews

Decent pay, huge headache, not organized, bad culture
Store Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 16, 2019
Upper managers do not do their jobs adequately. Store managers are a little better, but not much. Such a big company based out of Vegas, no one knows who you are ever for important things like HR, no regional sectors for anything. Super bad company culture that spreads all the way down to the front line, customer-facing employees, which becomes overall unproductive for everyone and taints customer experience. They promote some people too quickly that get a big ego about it, then everyone is unhappy. Even if you file multiple HR complaints, you won't get far and nothing will change. Pay is decent if you're willing to work in a frowned upon gray area half the time. They push and push and hound when you aren't hitting quota and do little to help you improve on you performance...you just get a write up. Verizon's culture is tanking as a whole, so of course BiG 6 agents like Go Wireless are affected even more. Bad place to work overall.
Pros
Ok hourly Pay, No OT
Cons
Everything else is a BuST! Super bad experience, stayed over 2 years, nothing changed.
Loved the company as a whole..
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 5, 2019
I loved this company and the ability to grow at your own pace... This company had a very fair pay scale that would suffice for anyone that needed to support themselves..
Great entry level sales work
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Springerville, AZFebruary 5, 2019
Great entry level sales work, but minimal mental health consideration and minimal opportunity for advancement without relocation. Good hours as well as decent commission structure. One thing I really didn’t like was the pressure to sell products that may not be right for the customer or that may not be seen as valued in lower-income/rural locations
A place where Hard work is unappreciated
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHJanuary 29, 2019
I was lied to in my initial interview saying the store I was hired for would pay me $40000 a year. After day 2 of being hired I realized the traffic did not equal the pay. Talked to the store manager and he said to expect more like $25000. Swallowing that pill I decided to pour my heart and soul into this low traffic store. A year later through great customer service the store was doing "better" I was given the chance to manage a store of my own. The pay was terrible but wanted the spot for my resume. I was given an average traffic store and in 4 long months of working 6 days a week, truly 7, I was on the phone all day on my "day off" I was given the new year boot. Come to find out they have a once a year firing event to clean out people who haven't been brainwashed into their terrible culture. The closest thing I can say is "What have you done for me lately" That includes a day to day feel. Our DM was horribly degrading and nothing was EVER good enough. We could have a killer day and the next day get berated because you had a slow couple hours in the morning. I am a United States Marine and was shown what real leadership feels like. If you dont like feeling unappreciated then stay AWAY from Gowireless.
Pros
cant think of any
Cons
everything that you find valuable in a place of employment
Your just a number
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Baxley, GAJanuary 28, 2019
I joined Go Wireless because we were a part of an acquisition. I did not like feeling like I was just a number and no longer an individual. The pay was decent however with my
Job title it required a good bit of traveling and time away from my family.
Very Competitive and money driven environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJanuary 15, 2019
Making money is the key and make sure every customer walks out with a smile trying your best for them to come see you again . And get other people to come and spend money with us
Pros
Money to be made and you can make a life out of it .
Cons
Slow days and change of promotion so quick so many to remmber .
Always Replaceable
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 11, 2019
You do not matter to this company, and they can always find someone else to fill your spot, no matter how much you've done for them. 5 commission pay decreases in the time I worked for them with only 1 increase.
Pros
Cheap phone bill, a bit of downtime, commission pay
Cons
Basically no promotions, company treats you like a number
It's not for a seasoned rep
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 9, 2019
During my time here my manager left for a corporate Verizon job. It took th company 3 months to find a replacement.

Drama filled company. Very moody pointing the finger kind of environment.

Victra, TCC, and Cellular sales have the best commission structures that over pay you.

If you have the opportunity to choose them over GOWireless I advise you to go for it.

The benefits at GO, I have yet to use. I don't get sick often. I have them for legal reasons.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Trainings, pay, drama, no advanment
If u like to buy hope, heres the place.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  New London, NHJanuary 4, 2019
Poor leadership
Zero culture
Low pay
Poor structure

Bad business practices and encouraged shady sales tactics. They are looking for puppets versus real people.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Low pay, higher expectations
Lazy people need only apply.
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHDecember 30, 2018
Unless you enjoy being an other worldly kind of lazy and stealing from people, this is not the job for you. Severely inadequate training. Was literally told to stop organizing things and doing busy work by store manager and to sit down with everybody. Rules made up as you go. Some questionable ethical practices. Got yelled at for sitting out on the sales floor while everyone else sat in the back laughing and apparently that made them look bad???
Pros
Low stress
Cons
Terrible culture

Want to know more about Verizon Authorized Retailer - GoWireless?

Ask a question
Best for temporary experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WA 98270December 27, 2018
I have not worked for this company for many years so my review may not be as accurate as a recent employee- however, in my experience the high turn over rate coupled with high pressure sales and inability to assist with basic verizon account functions does not make this ideal for long term employment.
Pros
comission, hours, vacation pay offered
Cons
lack of training, poor customer experience
Busy store, enough to fill a nine hour shift.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHDecember 12, 2018
I spent most of my time selling phones and services while helping resolve issues. Learned the basics of sales. In store management was fair while upper management was not. We tried to cultivate a welcoming atmosphere. Our store always sold products at mark up, so explaining to customers why they should buy from us versus a big box store like WalMart proved to be trying at times. I mostly enjoyed the flexibility and traveling to other stores to receive inventory to fulfill customer expectations.
Pros
Hour lunch breaks and schedules made one month at a time.
Cons
Somewhat poor training.
laid back workplace, good benefits
Sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 6, 2018
Very laid back workplace. Alot of down time to do trainings and learn more about each device. Besides the hourly pay there is no cap on how much an employee can make off of commission.
Decent job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 30, 2018
This was the starter job for me moving to the city of Las Vegas so as a starter job Ellis good but definitely should have higher pay and better benefits for their employees.
Fast paced environment, potential to learn alot about sales
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLNovember 28, 2018
I honestly wish I could have stayed longer, I learned a lot of valuable skills they made sure I knew what I was doing before letting me handle customers on my own.
Pros
Calm environment, management was nice and friendly.
Cons
Mandatory training out of county, mandatory aggressive salesman ship on accessories.
Perfect job for telecommunication sales
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CANovember 16, 2018
Great starter platform in retail industry with strong focus on customer experience . Hours might be a problem , especially for a married person. Technology updates knowledge .
productive, Fast paced, Competitive
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Norco, CANovember 12, 2018
Go wireless is very competitive workplace that instills a sales driven initiative with their teams. The Cons for go wireless would be no flexible hours and also not being a corporate location.
Pros
commission
Cons
flexibility
Fun and exciting place!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WANovember 8, 2018
They know what it means to take care of your people. They will make sure you’re always taken care of no matter what! They will make constant communication to make sure that their employees are happy!
The worse decision I’ve made
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 8, 2018
Working for Gowireless was the worse decision I’ve ever made. I wasted a lot of my time working for this company. Making me realize working for someone isn’t something i want to do. You put in countless hours tying to obtain a goal and get in trouble when you don’t hit your goal. Upper management does very little to help with customers coming into location. They blame you for everything. Your only a store sales person making a hourly amount. The except you to work as if your making millions of dollars. The entire upper management suck up. And only cares about themselves. They will set you up to get you fired or even worse. Females have been harassed and HR covers it up and it goes unnoticed. If you go against the GO Way they will set you up and get rid of you. Don’t trust anyone !!!!!! I can write a book about my time working for Gowireless. The pay is horrible. Once you get a hang of the commission structer they change the structure so you have to figure out the new structure it is designed for you not to make money. They will lie and tell you how the new commission is benefitical but it in fact isn’t. Don’t vent to anyone about anything, do your work and go home. Don’t look for this place to be a career job. Save your money because the end is near.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Everything and more
GoWireless is one of the least commission pay out wireless companies!!
Floating District Manger - Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GANovember 5, 2018
I was part of an acquisition from Procom Wireless an indirect company such as Go-Wireless. The transition was horrible in which as a store manager it took me three months to get a new tire and the name badge. Go wireless commission structure is only beneficial to management and above. As a regular sales consultants you’re just getting by with commission. I’ve been in a store manager they only allow for you to make so much money due to the fact that the increase your monthly goals not by year over year but simple he to make up for the store around your surrounding area that’s aren’t exceeding goals. If you’re applying in the Georgia region, beware!!!!
Pros
Get the right store and you can bank somewhat!!
Cons
You won’t make money if your not in the top 2 stores in your district!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon Authorized Retailer - GoWireless. Our community is ready to answer.