Verizon Authorized Retailer - GoWireless Employee Reviews

Scam
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIOctober 16, 2018
They sweet talk you into taking this job without showing you the commission structure. Once you're in then you realize how little you are actually making. One of the lowest pay structures of the wireless companies. Training is a joke. Nothing works and you constantly have to contact the service line to do anything. EXTREMELY marked up products. I personally gave my notice and was fired immediately. Do not work for this company!
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ammon, IDOctober 11, 2018
I loved working here and with the people i worked with. they are like one big family. customer service gets stressful but the people you work with make it bareable
Its definitely a good job if you dont have any bills.
Apache junction - REP (Current Employee) –  Apache Junction, AZOctober 8, 2018
It definitely is a job where if your fortunate to get put into a good store the possibilities are near endless. If you are put into a slower store all they do is compare you to the faster stores. You are also over looked if someone at a faster store has decent numbers. Seniority means nothing.
Productive and fun workplace
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Blackshear, GAOctober 6, 2018
Pretty good place to work for coworkers get along and pretty great customers as well. Both manager and districts manager is friendly and will help with any problems or troubles you may have
Pros
weekly pay plus commission
Cons
No commission if you don’t hit target but usually hit it
Please don't work here!
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 1, 2018
Worst job ever. This company will underpay you, make commission deductions without warning, and transfer you whenever and wherever they please. The commission is either ok or nonexistent depending on the location you work at. Management will constantly encourage you to lie to customers as long as it drives sales. The best day of work that I ever had here was the same day I quit and got a new job.
Pros
Coworkers
Dont Do It!
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 28, 2018
I would never recommend this company to anyone. Its so obvious management has favorites. They chose who to promote ignoring the ones who are obviously the most qualified. Management acts absolutely ridiculous. They will gossip about employees and ignore 'confidential' information between manager and employee. Call center representatives who are favored will get away with just about anything. Regardless of how many times you report it. If you tell management its going to get on the floor, regardless of what you have to say about it. If you don't like it, you can go to HR. Just don't expect anything to be done about it. You are told one thing during the interview process, then once on the floor its completely different. Commission structure is not nearly as nice as it seems. They constantly lie about the pay. The representatives are underpaid and unhappy. Calling into the call center is an absolute nightmare. Leaving this position was the best decision i ever made.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
Management Pay
Benefits
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sedona, AZSeptember 25, 2018
Fast paced environment with encouragement to up sell products. The benefits and culture is enjoyable. The training is very thorough, and ongoing. Things change constantly.

It is often tough to meet the expectations of target goals for sales, and if it isn't met, there is a change for an hourly increase.
Pros
Benefits and the culture is good.
Cons
Pressure to upsell.
Small teams.
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZSeptember 23, 2018
Small teams that gives you an opportunity to become close with each other. Management within store is amazing, management from district manager & up is not. Threaten for firing if you don’t perform above goal even if you’re meeting numbers. Always pushing for more than a store can provide especially with understaffed team. Human Resources doesn’t care about anything reported unless it’s something that can potentially put the company at danger. Will hire outside people for promotions before hiring from within & lastly. Will schedule you the worst hours if DM does not like you as he’s trying to fire you even when he doesn’t have grounds to do so. Worst company I’ve worked for ever..
Pros
Great team from within
Cons
Higher leaders don’t know how to lead
Sales representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CASeptember 14, 2018
It was a good job would love to go back it was fast passed always had something's to do management were a little sour but all in all overall great experience
Pros
Good money
Cons
Travel
the company
Wireless Expert (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZSeptember 11, 2018
I did not enjoy working for this company, it was the worst experience of my wireless choice. I would work from open to close and not receive my overtime pay.
Great Stepping Stone
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Locust Grove, GASeptember 7, 2018
I swear I am not a bitter person but I regret leaving my previous job for this company. The rules at the location I work for changes constantly and it is not for the good of the company. The location where I work you are constantly micromanaged even after being told what the goals of the day are. If you work for this company they state that you cannot have a second job. You do not have time to spend with family and the work day is extremely stressful. They make sales goals that are near impossible to achieve. If you are one minute late you are written up. You only get 30 minutes for lunch and if you are late clocking in for that you have the possibility of getting written up.
Pros
My coworkers are cool to work with
Cons
Everything else.
Stressful worrk environment
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  ActonSeptember 3, 2018
Bad management lack of staff calling for stressful work place. At the beginning it was great got to sell some of the coolest devices on the market while making money. The staffing issue made it hard to have a work-life balance.
Not for me
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boise idAugust 30, 2018
I understand going into this job it would be a sales position and I was fairly new to that however with the management that I was under and the lackluster training I received I wasn’t well prepared to do the job they expected me to do they’re a great company and they do the right thing they just need to train their managers a little bit better
Pros
Disscount on pop sockets
Cons
The discount on everything else
Chance to make a lot of money
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Springervi, AZAugust 28, 2018
Depending on the area you're in you have the opportunity to make a lot of money as long as you apply the techniques they teach you and keep an open mind. Not being a robot and having personality is a big factor.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Competition
Loved the people I worked with!
Provide friendly face to face Customer Service (Former Employee) –  ArizonaAugust 24, 2018
Loved the people I worked with and interacting with customers. The day went by fast and the Store Manager and Asst Manager made the job fun. They were very supportive and helpful.
Pros
Fun
Great company
WIRELESS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 20, 2018
Go wireless Verizon opened me up to new type of job and new set of skills I hope to further improve and share with future co-workers. The management team was always happy to help in any situation.
Pros
Great teamwork and good benefits
Cons
Unhappy customers due to other stores not going over all the terms
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAAugust 18, 2018
awesome place to work for those who are trying to build your resume working for a company that's willing to let you advance.. Awesome company with benefits too!!!!
Okay for somebody without a life.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Newberg, OR Wilsonville, OR Canby, ORAugust 13, 2018
Their is no work life balance. The company always reduces the commission structure and going into Management was the worst decision I ever made there. But I did learn a lot from this company and it did help me grow myself in the professional environment. But it was ruthless and people would leave in groves or get let go. The turn around here is insane!
Pros
Commission
Cons
Commission Breaks are ignored poor benefits
Lots of idle time, lots of angry customers
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Polson, MTAugust 9, 2018
GoWireless was an awesome company to work for, when it was busy. There are some ridiculous sales metrics to achieve and bratty customers don't help you reach them at all.
Decent Money With Reasonable Targets
Manager in Training (MIT) (Former Employee) –  Gun Barrel City, TXAugust 8, 2018
I worked here at sort of a rough patch in my life, so I didn't take full advantage of what was offered. If you're a decent rep you'll make $18 plus an hour, I average $22. I felt like our DM pushed us, but had reasonable expectations and was a good sales demonstrator. The corporate training in Arizona was good as well. Overall, I didn't mind it and probably should have gotten help sooner so I could have been an Store Manager, but that's life. Only thing I didn't care for was that when your SM sells as an active salesperson they can absolutely take over sales with little recourse and they do this when their job is on the line.
Pros
Money and Downtime
Cons
SM's hijacking sales

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon Authorized Retailer - GoWireless. Our community is ready to answer.