Verizon Employee Reviews

Was better when I first started
SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIOctober 19, 2018
The company has made efforts to make the job more efficient, yet they cut stay by at least 20% per store (about 5 people).
Its imperative that you work well with others because they help you get thru tedious days. Money is pretty decent but you better perform or your checks will be laughable. The 39% luxury tax on commission kills your income and changes you tax bracket and you are not getting it back.
Used to have a lot of good incentives but those literally are all gone...
They aren't even spoke of anymore...
Pros
Work phone, discounts that went down. Your team keeps you going
Great company to work for
NETWORK SYSTEMS ENGINEER III (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAOctober 19, 2018
Overall great, trustworthy company.
Managers care about employees, supportive with your career advancements in the company. Lots of training. It's an honorable company - stands for what it says.
Great company
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 19, 2018
Great company to work for. Provides paid training and gives you all the tools you need to succeed in the company. Many opportunities for promotions. Friendly environment
good
Retail and technology sales (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLOctober 19, 2018
good work life balance during my time at Verizon. I enjoyed the experience and people that I worked with. Verizon wireless employees had a competitive spirit and we worked well together to build team comrade. I continue to stay in contact with many of my fellow coworkers.
Very fast paced job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Setauket, NYOctober 19, 2018
Verizon was a great place to work but I needed to move on and have a 9-5 job. After eight years in the company I did a few different position from customer service, inventory specialist to sales representative.
inclusive work environment
HR Analyst- Finance Global Talent Acquisition Team (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 19, 2018
Verizon is a great company to embrace change and hone different skill sets. The company has excellent benefits and is very competitive In that market.
Pros
discounted gym, benefits are excellent
Cons
work environment, turnover
Great place to work with many nice co-workers ---
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2018
I loved working for Verizon since the first day I started working there! The work was challenging and my co-workers were really nice!!! To sum it up, a Great Place to work---- And my bosses were always very helpful !!!
Pros
Great workplace, great people ---
Not a bad place
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2018
I had this job over 15 years ago. It was a lot of fun and met lots of good people. The problem was that the yellow pages was a dying business at that time. so making money was hard to do
Vzw
Fulfillment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTOctober 19, 2018
Really a good company to work for but might have to relocate. Training is very informative and prepares you to take calls. Very good interactive online training for mobile devices.
Cons
relocation
Fast paced eviornment
Customer Service Representative / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAOctober 19, 2018
Customer service at Verizon was at times can be exhausting but in the best way. It was fun competitive and the working environment was peaceful. If unfortunately they didn't close the plant down I'd still be working there.
Pros
Two 15 minute breaks 1hour lunch
Cons
Verizon closed the bulding down and it was the best job no cons
great place to work that focused on keeping employee morale high
Consumer Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 19, 2018
I loved working here, the atmosphere was great and the managers put a lot of effort into making sure there was a great vibe in the call center. We had daily meetings to make sure we were all on the same page and understood the company mission. I was very upset when the company relocated my position out of state.
Ever evolving
MANAGER - SAFETY/ ENVIRONMENT (Current Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJOctober 19, 2018
I've been with this company through many mergers and acquisitions; this company changes constantly. The company is currently undergoing massive restructuring and down sizing.
Mo
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNOctober 19, 2018
I do not want to fill this out. Verizon was a good job and built some great leadership tools. But it’s is a very unhealthy work place to be in. Not worth the stress
Specialist, Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 19, 2018
Great job and people! The pay and workload was wonderful. Good work life balance, you clocked in and when you left you were able to disconnect. Pay was what I expected, and the harder you work the more you make.
Excellent place to work
Installer, Repair Technician, Cell Site Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MN, Rosevile, MN, Denver, CO, Duluth, MNOctober 19, 2018
When I was a Cell Site technician. I would run to cell sites and fix problems, routine maintenance, T1 outages.

Everything about the Cellular System and how it works and what needs to perform well.

Management was great.

Workplace was very friendly, even paced.

There was no hardest part of the job for me.

the most enjoyable part of the job was no 2 days were the same, lots of opportunities to learn, working with the cell site radios.
Pros
awesome place to work
Challenging
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  VAOctober 18, 2018
Shareholders run the company and it shows in prioritization by sr management. Most are just trying to make it through the day. Compensation and benefits are very competitive.
Verizon in Detroit
Granite Circuit Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit Michigan,October 18, 2018
I really liked the team effort there. Close knit. Easy to talk with anyone. 1 thing I didn't ave was degree. At that time they requested a degree to get hired. (2016)
Verizon
Manager (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAOctober 18, 2018
Horrible work environment, pushy sales tactics, unscrupulous sales tactics, unorganized, bad work culture. Over worked underpaid, they skip over great employees and let the bad employees work there forever.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
overworked, underpaid
Good company to work for!
Global Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 18, 2018
Plenty of opportunities abound for sales. Things changed when MCI and VZB merged back in the day but overall the company was good with good direction and focus
Pros
Name brand
Cons
low pay
Fast paced and stressfull
Fiber Optic Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAOctober 18, 2018
Verizon pays very well and there is a reason for this. Once your hired on and in the Union they can make you work 7 days a week 12 hours a day if they want to. It's non stop fast paced endless work. If that's your thing have fun. If you have a family forget ever seeing them. Don't get me wrong the work itself can be enjoyable and interacting with fellow union employees. Being in the union gives you job security but the union is only interested in getting their contract. They really don't put up much a fight when it comes to individual grievances. They go through the motions but management always ends up on top. Speaking of management it's like talking to a wall. They don't care about the customers they only care about their teams metrics and making them look good. You can't have quantity and quality but according to them you can. So if you don't put up a fight and repeat "I'll work on that" during your individual meetings with your supervisor you should pull through. I could go on and on but there is only so much time in a day.
Pros
good money, benefits
Cons
no personal life and over arrogant management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.

57.4K

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.2Fairygodboss Score

65%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

76%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.