Play YouTube video button

Verizon Employee Reviews

United States26,761 reviews
Found 26,761 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Verizon selected this as a representative review
I’ve never worked for a call center before Verizon. They had amazing training to help guide you in every step of the way. I would recommend Verizon to anyone looking for a great customer service career.
July 28, 2020
Hi, thank you for sharing your review! Verizon values inputs from our employees, and we love hearing about your positive experiences.
We served on district sales teams. There were approximately 88-89 employees at our location.

Computer knowledge is key as well as organizational abilities and attention to detail.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
80% to 85% of your time is spent on the phone.
Impacting and improving our customers' lives by delivering personalized solutions, equipping them with powerful devices and providing recommendations and product demonstrations. You'll also build our customer base and foster long-term relationships by providing superior service and proactively contacting to ensure they're getting the most out of our products and services.
What I enjoyed the most was the people I worked with. People were diligent with doing their work, helped each other, keeping the office clean, and keeping the community fun
Pros
Good people to work with, good manager
Cons
Night rotation schedule
Enjoyed working with a team that was very supportive & encouraging, along with great bosses & managers. I even live close by so there were no issues for travel.
Pros
Work balance, good coworkers, was close by
the best part of the job was that I could be on my phone and not get yelled at. customers can get annoying and stress you out, but it's not that bad. commission was really good if you're able to hit your quota!
Pros
commission checks
Cons
having to stand all day
Outstanding organization to work for. Opportunity to meet an make friends for life. The work environment is sometimes stressful but the friendships override that negative
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Merger
Started out thinking it was a career until they changed the commission structure to the point where they are giving you pennies, they try to cover it by giving you 2-3 extra dollars in pay when ultimately it doesn’t equal out to what real go getters was getting in commission
Pros
Lax Job
Cons
Angry Customers, Decreased Pay
Verizon wireless offered great pay and benefits. Constantly changing work environment due to the nature of the wireless industry. Fast pace environment that you can rise through the ranks of you apply yourself.
August 3, 2020
Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on the stellar benefits we offer. Your feedback is appreciated, as we are always looking to improve!
No real negatives,. It is a commission based pay structure. You must be able to relate with people and listen well. You must be able to defuse tense situations with upset customers.
Pros
big discounts on service and phones
Cons
on your feet all day
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Verizon?
The training ;process is very extensive, you sit in a classroom for 12 weeks and then spend another 4 weeks in a supervised atmosphere until you get comfortable with answer the calls and working the system on your own.
Pros
pay
Cons
quotas
August 3, 2020
Learning and growth are very important to both our employees and our corporate growth, so thank you for your feedback!
Competitive atmosphere, not just among sales force. No succession planning. Corporate would change guidance on dress codes or commissions with little communication plan.
August 3, 2020
Thank you for your constructive feedback. We take pride in our awesome culture and V Team, and are always looking ahead on how we can make our company even better!
At this particular store, it was very slow traffic. Even if I did stay long enough to get a reputation and commission under my belt, it was kind of a competition amongst the employees. I traveled to a store for an interview when the one I was working at was for different one. I attended training at a different Verizon than the other 2. The management was intimidating and spoke to me like I knew everything already. Sales and understanding customers is a lot of training and practice and deep comprehension which I feel they didn't take the time to go into with me. Just online testing day after day and paper guides.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Very intensive and strict training, intimidating mangement.
Remember a few years back when Wells Fargo had tanked due to pushy sales and high expected quotas they had to meet? Verizon is the same way. I am surprised that they have not been hit with this. They offer great pay and amazing benefits, but retention rates are high. They could be an amazing company if they focused more on customers than sales goals. Yes, I understand, that's how they grow is by gaining more customers, but not selling them things they do not need.
It a ok company. I have work there for a while now and it bring good memories! The pay can improve but this is all of positive and the benefits is good!
August 3, 2020
Thank you for your review. Ensuring that our employees have a positive working experience is extremely important to us. Providing them with top-notch benefits is just one of the ways we show our appreciation for all of their hard work.
Everyone was friendly and helped each other. There was always an opportunity to do overtime. The monthly challenges gave you an opportunity some pretty cool gifts
Working here was hard because everyone is all over the place with the standard business practices. Leadership does not have more knowledge than the reps and is quick to pass the buck or rattle off whatever answer gets them on to the next question or task. Coaching consists of call reviews and reviewing your metrics and not on skill or career development. Most interactions with leadership take place on the floor and I heard and saw many that should have been private.
Pros
Verizon has a very good time off policy and provides benefits and tuition assistance from day 1.
Cons
Unskilled leadership, you must search for answers and solutions to fixing problems with little support, coaching is nothing more than call transcripts.
August 3, 2020
Hello, thank you for taking the time to share such a thorough review. We go to great lengths in order to promote a positive and encouraging culture, focused on the growth and success of our V Teamers. We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve.
Pay is low. Company atmosphere was awesome. Blah management the schedules were not set in stone. You would work put in for a schedule and then they would give you a different one. Pay sucked. 14 dollars an hour when the average in the area is 20. No career advancement outside of your current job. They like you to be in the same position for 5 years
Job was great and my commission in training went from $0-$30-$150-$340-$800 while under original management. I sold 6 Hums my last month there in a week and 5 the month before. When the new managers came, they changed the rules and gave out restrictions that made the employees dissatisfied as well as my returning customers. They fired me for an assumption I offered to clear up and comply with any measures of and yelled at me after a week of hovering over my shoulder when I'd been there for 5/6 months training instead of the guy that was there for 2.5.I had by the end of that day, 3 customers call and complain and I just really pray for that store now under their management because it doesn't look good. That and while becoming a top performer and working my butt off half a year for that company, I got fired during the pandemic I stayed and helped in, every, single, day even when it was only two people employed at the time and was working over time. They did not care what they were doing and now my family may become homeless and I might lose my car. I'm already going in to debt. Highly dissatisfied. I won't lie, if you look at the demographic, it seems like a race thing. My customers shouldn't call me telling me the same things on their own. They acted out while I had customers in the store (returning customers) who told me they were animate about giving a confession if needed. So unprofessional.
Pros
Good hours (but low base pay so I guess not really a pro)
Cons
Low base pay, strict commission structure that doesn't work for the employee, Robot in the system job
Money can be good but no matter what you do it’s never good enough. You’ll never be appreciated for what you do. When moving up it’s all about who you know nothing to do with your work history.
I did a contract here and gained a lot of useful skills and was paid well; however, there was absolutely no job security- no one could update me on my contract status and half of my team was eventually let go. I also applied for a new position there, accepted it and then they took the offer back. Overall, it’s a good paying job where you can learn but it was not somewhere I could trust or stay with long term
Pros
Pay, Learn new things
Cons
No stability, everything is always changing, contractors come and go like crazy
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.
9.7K
InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight