Verizon

Found 28,244 reviews matching the searchSee all 29,121 reviews

Verizon insights

Based on 4,369 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Verizon cares

Featured review

Verizon selected this as a representative review
Not only does Verizon work hard to help its customers, but the company is very good at making sure employees get what they need. They are willing to work with you, not against you for the most part. Even in a virtual environment, there are many things that are done to make everyone feel a part of the team!

Pros

Tuition Assistance, Parental leave, employee phone program

August 2, 2021
We take our workplace culture and great benefits very seriously at Verizon, so thank you for your compliment and feedback!

Lots of learning opportunities

I learned so many things working at Verizon. sales, engineering, lan administration, project planning, asset management, budget analyst, Had a really diversified career there.

Pros

tuition reimbursement, benefits

Cons

reductions in workforce happen to often

Good benefits

Good benefits and good pay were two reasons I was motivated by working there. There was also an opportunity to advance higher or laterally within the company.

Overall experience is neutral

The best thing about this place are the benefits. They begin on day one and you receive a generous amount of PTO time. You will definitely need to use it because the work can be stressful. The job isn’t that bad if you don’t mind frequently changing your schedule and many escalations day by day. Management is not one unit so I feel that plays a part in your future here. Overall I would say if consistent change does not bother you, from policies, managment, your schedule etc….then give it a try. I have been here 7 years, I have seen call centers closed, been relocated and now that I am starting a family, my needs/flexibility has changed.

Pros

Great benefit package

Cons

Too much change

The best part about working for Verizon was the people that you worked with. The job it’s self isn’t that hard. You just need to get along with people. If you are a people person then you will be successful.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Commission

Fun place to work but can get stressful

I really enjoyed working for Verizon and the supervisors were excellent. They were very understanding when it came to personal life issues. World work for them again

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Healthcare

Solid workplace with great culture

Solid workplace with great culture. Great place to work a job or build a career. Clearly defined business units and work groups. My advice is to get to the workgroup that you desire ASAP.

Pros

Remote, great benefits

Cons

Repetitive work, slow advancement

Amazing company

No complaints amazing company to work for. Great benefits and salary. Wonderful work environment. The job is great and coworkers become family after awhile.

Pros

Set schedule

Great benefits, great company

Verizon was a great company to work for. The benefits were cheap and amazing compared to other companies I’ve worked for. Commission structure constantly changed and made it harder and harder to meet goals

Great place to start a short term career

Great place to start a career, however the opportunities of growth are sometimes saturated, and customers can be extremely rude and demanding which will bring stress. Also The Enterprise IT systems most of the times are either out to date, or constantly having issues which brings more friction into transactions.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Rude customers

Jobs at Verizon

See more jobs

The pay is excellent.

The pay is good. There is a cafeteria. You have an hour for lunch. The breaks are only fifteen minutes. Management can put pressure on the employees. I like that I can choose to come in at seven, eight or nine o’clock in the morning.

Pros

Cafeteria.

Cons

Short breaks

Always busy, opportunity for overtime

This is a pretty good job once you get the hang of things. You will work your but off but you can make your schedule work for you. I honestly love what I do

Sales is single minded

Horrible hours. Unreasonably high sales goals that keep going up the more you sell. So you end up selling more and making the same or less money. Bad leadership. Leadership is chosen because they can sell, not because they are good leaders.

Pros

You can have good Commission Days sometimes.

Cons

Hours. Sales Pressure. Selling things people don’t want or need.

September 17, 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, as your insights will help us identify areas of potential improvement.

Great People with a lack of topline strategic focus

The people at Verizon are so e if the best. There are a lot of great Directors and People Leaders in the organization that want their employees to succeed. VPs and Presidents, However, are bad at aligning to a common strategy and initiative, pursuing pet projects versus aligning to core strategy set out by the executive team. It causes mad chaos. If you overlook that, the work is great.

Pros

Great peoole

Cons

Bad strategy

September 17, 2021
Thank you for your review. Having the top talent in management positions is imperative for our success. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, as we are always looking for ways to improve.

Great company

Verizon is a great company to work for there is just nasty people in the world that call in an try to make the agent feel less then. Great benefits starts from day one.

Pros

Reduce phone plan

Cons

Callers

Can be fun with the right management.

Retail, so expect to work all holidays. Pay and benefits are awesome. A lot of stress comes with day to day. Sales techniques learned are objectively great.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Stress

September 15, 2021
Thank you for your review. Both employee and customer satisfaction are of paramount importance to us, so we appreciate you sharing your feedback.

Supportive and knowlegable

Excellent place to work. Great managers who promote a great work environment and assist employees to achieve the most. This is a place I would recommend to friends and others. It is also a place to team work is exceptional.

Great company to work for

Every job has its ups and downs but the worst part of the job for me were the customers. I loved my teams, managers, and work. The systems were horrible a lot of the time but for the most part the customers swayed my decision to leave after 7 years.

Pros

Benefits, Pay, culture

Cons

Horrible schedules, unruly customers

September 15, 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

Fun place

This was a great place to work. Many wonderful people and a supportive group to work with. Pay is standard for the role. Management listens and is responsive.

September 15, 2021
Thank you for your review. We will do our best to incorporate your feedback in order to improve.

Great company to work for

Verizon is a great company to work for. Compensation, benefits, and work-life balance are all fantastic. The discounted phone bill is another great perk.

September 15, 2021
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and experience!

Good place

It was a decent experience. I’m sure like many other call centers. The pay was great, time off super flexible, more than enough sick and PTO time. Redundant calls but it’s work!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

10.2K

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

61%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Verizon with

• Verizon
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?