Verizon Employee Reviews

Fun environment to work.
Inbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2018
This job was a good starting out job for me. It helped me become a better guy. From working in a fun environment with playing ping pong, basketball, or poker on the side it was fun while working there.
great job
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYAugust 15, 2018
if willing to work hard and under pressure great job field tech is working and communication with the customer in my career they keep up with training and safety
Great work atmosphere
Network Assistant Manager IV (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAAugust 15, 2018
Great place to work. Lots of areas to learn and advance. Employees are easy to get along with and open to helping you learn and perfect the area you are working in.
it's a job
Senior J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 15, 2018
Working has been the best decision I’ve ever made. The office culture is amazing, and the sales “pit” is full of energy throughout the day. If you don’t get pumped up on the floor just by listening to everyone else on the phone, this probably isn’t the job for you.
Good Company
Telesales (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAAugust 14, 2018
I really liked Telesales and thought the people were great. I was like family. They were pretty strict on scheduling and seemed not to deviate from anything which can be seen as good.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Leadership detached
Verizon, where innovation comes to die.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 14, 2018
Verizon is not a good environment if you are a dynamic, innovative kind of person who wants to move products forward in the best interest of the user.

Product feature decisions are mostly made at the C-suite and trickle down for product teams to execute regardless of whether they are realistic or beneficial for the end-user. Product launches are tied to dates set in advance to align with marketing strategy or sales cycle. Product teams have to scramble to get anything out the door by the imposed date. This often leads to half-baked product releases (and a tremendous amount of stress for the product teams).

It's very difficult to be innovative at Verizon because there's such top heavy hierarchy. Executives get in the weeds of product development without the full view of what the technology can or should do. Research recommendations are most often not implemented, ESPECIALLY if they go against any executive mandate.

Finally, there's no room to fail in that organization. Innovation by default requires taking risks. But if any product falls short of revenue targets, product managers are routinely let go. Sometimes whole teams are laid off. Consequently, product managers and their teams are very timid, both in what they decide to build and in the pace of the roadmap. There's a great deal of analysis paralyzes as nobody wants to execute until they know it's going to be profitable.

The only way to assure that, is to produce a slightly different/better version of products already in the market. Playing it safe is the name of the game at Verizon, despite their call for
  more... innovation. What's worse, is that employees and leadership genuinely believe that they are a widely innovative company. But anyone who's worked in a true technology company will know that's hardly the case.

However, they do pay very well and the benefits are fantastic. Just don't expect to work at a real tech company. Verizon is a slightly hipper version of a phone company with an inflated ego and not very much to show for their constant boasting.
Pros
Great benefits, high compensation compared to other companies in their class.
Cons
Lack of independence, very hard to innovate, harsh corporate environment with a very top heavy hierarchical culture.
Relaxed, Great money
Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 14, 2018
Back in the the wireless industry was booming and Verizon was on to when it came to paying their employees. Commission was great so was the lead generation program
Very stressful environment
Tech Expert (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNAugust 14, 2018
Working for Verizon at first was great. As time went on the culture in the center went way down and it wasn't fun or enjoyable anymore. It might be different in other centers but this was my experience.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very stressful
Poor culture
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCAugust 14, 2018
Company is not what it use to be. Many riffs. Struggling to keep up with being a "modern" company and adapting. Old school vibe and out of touch executive leadership.
Great place while I was there
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 14, 2018
One of the best jobs I had
The mgmt was great, the projects even more challenging and the events I planned came out beautifully.

Don't know how much has changed but I'm sure they've axed everyone I knew
Money is't everything
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 14, 2018
It's great if you have no life and are willing to give your whole self to Verizon. They want someone who will constantly drink the "kool-aid" and if you don't they will replace you with someone who will. Management would routinely cuss out their employees and were so unprofessional. Just full of self-absorbed pricks.
No Summary to give.
IT - End User Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 14, 2018
My time with company was a job I gave everything for and feeling was not reciprocated. Will say nothing bad of the company I gave 6.5 years about and keep it simple, Thank you.
Loved it
Manager (Former Employee) –  VermontAugust 14, 2018
I loved working for my local Verizon! The higher ups are some of the sweetest people to work with and for! If you like working with people and helping your community this is the job for you.
Usually very busy. Micro managing all day. Competition between employees. Sales fraud and commissions fraud. Learned I don't ever want to work retail.
Customer Service Rep/Device Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA 93304August 14, 2018
I enjoyed the fast pace and the knowledge I gained from company with technology. The only way you were treated fairly is if you were making the store money, if you helped keep numbers high even if it meant doing wrong ethically and professionally. Most people that were compensated were the ones closest to management on personal level.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Horrible work ethics umong management.
Decent Commision Workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIAugust 14, 2018
Even though I personally had a few disagreements, specially regarding the pay structure and the different regulations for a independent retailer compared to a normal branded Verizon store, I made a respectable amount of money and worked a a fairly motivated and casual workplace.
Great place to develop your sales skills
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 14, 2018
I learned how to engage with a customer and build trust with them. I learned how to pitch different products to the guest and help them have an enjoyable experience while doing it.
Great company to work for and to enhance your career.
Consultant Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 14, 2018
Great company to work for and to enhance your career. Enjoy great pay and benefits.continually inspired to grow. We believe in lifelong learning, and provide award-winning training and career development to help us develop in our current position or move into a new role.Opportunity to experience many aspects of a diverse, global business and the chance to build your future.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Great place to work for Career Oriented people
DIRECTORY ASSISTANCE OPERATOR/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 14, 2018
This job not only provided in house training but paid for college.
The most enjoyable part of the job was growing up with my peers and being in a family environment. Being able to apply for other positions in the company made it easy for me to stay long term.
Pros
Excellent salary
Cons
Dealing with disgruntled customers
Toxic Environment
Network Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 14, 2018
It is a culture of management knows everything, and you're nothing but a number. You're often reminded that you can be replaced. Many of the employees have been there too long, with no outside experience to speak of, and are part of the stagnant culture.
Pros
Annual Bonuses
Cons
Feels like you work on an assembly line
Good
Premium Retailer - Store Manager/District Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 14, 2018
I enjoyed working for Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer - We Are Wireless. Management and ownership teams were very supportive along with helping with growth on your personal Career path.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.

57.1K

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight