Verizon Employee Reviews

21.1K
Found 19,112 reviews matching the search See all 19,695 reviews
a decent job to have
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 19, 2018
they will ask you to take on responsibilities and not pay you more for it. they wont advance you if you're not well connected with management. They play favorites and its all politics here with this company. So if you plan on moving up in the company, get to know your managers and really bend over backwards for them if you want a chance at promotion
Pros
coworkers and fun environment
Cons
politics and favoritism
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elgin, SCJuly 19, 2018
At verizon wireless I worked in different areas of the company. I wanted most of the time in customer service. There were many different schedule options. eb
This is ridiculous
Project Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJuly 19, 2018
I prefer not to provide this information. This do not have anything to do with with me applying for a job. Its unnecessary time spent typing when the program just allow me to opt out of doing this.
I love this company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2018
Verizon is a great company to work for the call center relocated and force me to move to sales I worked 16 years in various depts and advancement was great.. Great pay , benefits and always a learning experience with new produces came in
Productive workplace with a lot of face to face interactions
Sales (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 19, 2018
Verizon was the only company out of all the companies that I wanted to work for , I even switched my phone plan to Verizon in two weeks after being employed. I love the mission and drive of the company as a whole!
Pros
great paychecks
Cons
Good start but dont stay
Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 19, 2018
Verizon is not the company it was years ago. Sales are declining so budget cuts and layoffs are common to show profitability to Shareholders.
Plan on working there for the experience but use that experience to move higher somewhere else.
Pros
Paid education if you need it
Cons
Integrity is lacking. Be prepared to sell without it and be rewarded for doing so. Yet, dont get caught. You will be on your own.
Team Work
Sales Rep/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PA 19605July 19, 2018
I was very happy with how welcoming Verizon makes you feel. Not once did I ever feel they ignored my needs. Great Company! They have great customer service.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Weekend hours
Great sales job where you are constantly meeting great people
SALE ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2018
The main job duties included, overviewing the customers account and finding ways to maximize profit for the company, while maintaining the customers good faith and trust about Verizon. Inventory,opening and closing the store, and reporting daily store sales were apart my duties as well.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 19, 2018
This was a long time ago. This company helped me to learn how to hone my skills at sales and management. It was very fasted paced being in the customer service industry.
Verizon
Customer service support coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 19, 2018
Verizon is a good job to have if you are trying to advance quickly. The pay is great however there are many changes that are made daily. It is a very fast pace company and competitive.
Pros
advancement
Cons
fast pace and a lot of change
productive but high stress
Real Estate Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 19, 2018
productive but high stress, poor management without clear direction.

Huge waste as a result of changes in Corporate direction in the cancelling of projects.
Verizion Teleproducts
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 19, 2018
Good Company ,Great people and a good work environment. Will recommend as a place of employment. No public transportation so that makes it hard to access.
busy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAJuly 19, 2018
fast-paced back to back calls and little help from support staff.
promotions were halted due to turn over rate. was not a fun experience. most people left to go to overstock/ state farm
Everything about this job was trash
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 19, 2018
They are ONLY numbers driven which is understandable except that it went against everything else. Leaving your desk was highly frowned upon and calls were back to back. Super stressful with no compassion from management.
Pros
Extensive training
Cons
Everything else
good place to work
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2018
great culture and staff has positive attitude. Fun environment to work. The company provide you with great training, benefits, Job culture is very nice, and job security is fair because there is always a threat of layoffs coming.
Busy
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 19, 2018
Working in a Verizon store is very exciting , thing are always changing . There are always new product coming out every week, it is exciting to keep up with technology. Verizon start every day by trying to please every customer and sell to their needs.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Wor 2 weekend a month
Experience
District Training Manager (Current Employee) –  California, MDJuly 19, 2018
Can lose your job for anything. Wrong people in top positions. Good luck with job security. No matter how much you do for company. When customers come in with problems or bills related questions. Try to contact higher power. Anything could be said and you be wrong.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Security, and growth
Structured Ship
Coordinator-Continuity Marketing Division (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 19, 2018
Must clock in/out on time; loved the fact that they had zero tolerance on mistreatment of employees with diversified backgrounds and/or nationality, religious, etc. Loved the fact learned a great deal and was able to utilize all skills learned.
Pros
Company shared Annual Bonuses
Cons
Severely disappointed in handling of disbanding divisions, replacement options of employees effected
Na
District Manager Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 19, 2018
Good company to work for. Great pay and benefits. Could do a better job encouraging work life balance. Commission structure is constantly changing making it tough to stay ahead of the game.
Cut my job nationwide with no notice
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Butler, NJJuly 19, 2018
One day, my manager called me and just told me to not come in. The customer care position was gone, over night, from all American verizons. They hardly ever promoted from within.
Pros
Discount of phone bill
Cons
Insane quotas, poor management, cut throat sales, long commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

62%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

56%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss