Verizon Employee Reviews

Found 21,149 reviews matching the search See all 21,787 reviews
Comopany Sold
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDDecember 12, 2018
Our role at the call center was to process all phone orders, both business and consumer, through our systems so their phone service would work with all features expected. We also processed all directory orders for the upcoming phone books.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Sold and relocated
Verizon deserves its place in the top 100 companies to work for.
Analyst-Executive Relations (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 12, 2018
Verizon has been a great company to work for the past 20 years. The company has always had a strong commitment to supporting women in the workplace, to include career development, leadership opportunities and life balance offering benefits for family leave and family support. My kids were very small when I started with the company and Verizon has been there to help me raise my family and for that I will be forever grateful.
Amazing job
B2B Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Butler, NJDecember 12, 2018
Working at Verizon Wireless is a great experience. You learn a lot about sales and management. If you are into technology this is the right fit for you.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
early training meetings
love it!!
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CADecember 12, 2018
Loved working for Verizon Wireless. Great team, great management. Fast paced environment but it was fun. Lots to learn all the time. I would say the hardest part was when your are dealing with a very angry customer but at the end there is always a solution.
Enjoyed working with new technologies
Tier 2 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJDecember 12, 2018
Provided T2 support to technicians supporting FiOS broadcast video services. Hardware / software implementation. Troubleshooting complex issues. Collaborate with vendors on product enhancements and bug / fix resolution.
Fantastic while it lasted
Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 12, 2018
I enjoyed the 9 years I was there. The work was rewarding and fast paced. The ability to work from home when needed was great for some management employees. The company restructuring forced many of us to leave before we were ready.
Pros
rewarding work, great benefits
Cons
constant change in leadership
Great company to work for
Sr Coordinator - Client Services (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCDecember 12, 2018
My time with Verizon was challenging, as daily, I was learning new things.

I enjoyed working with my team, and customers. I always strived to treat the customer as I would like to be treated and served.
Pros
Great Company
Fast paced
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 11, 2018
Must be open to consultative selling. Great store environment, commission sales, retail hours with meetings and conference calls constantly coming up.
Quality Place to Work
Cslt-Svc Prog Delivery (Current Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLDecember 11, 2018
Great Benefits, Smooth Work Environment, Never had a bad manager. Currently they seem to finally gained some focused and are removing the money losing branches and putting funding into the money makers.
Pros
Benefits, Work Enviroment
Cons
Lacks a clear direction sometimes
There is a little room for advancement which creates a toxic culture
CONSUMER SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 11, 2018
The people that you work with a new retail center are very friendly and are the biggest asset to Verizon. The management culture is one that needs to be very closely looked at. The coaching and development that is provided to you by the retail leadership is minimal and it seems that the only coaches you have our goals to hold you accountable for not meeting the key performance indicator. The ability to progress in the company as a leader are extremely minimal and you have to move out of town in order to be considered for leadership. You have people that have been working as a retail employee for an average of five years plus without ever seeing a promotion or the likelihood of one which makes some people very irritable to work with.
Pros
Great starting pay
Cons
Minimal chances for promotion

Want to know more about Verizon?

Ask a question
Routine
Cellular Sales (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 11, 2018
To sum up my normal work day, I followed a routine religiously.

The Routing would consist of:
-I would Start inventory to ensure product validation.
-Set the goal for sales quota
-Go over current promotions and customer relations for the day.
-Down time consisted of calling precious customers, Cold Calling or organizing previous Sales to log them for future sales.
-During the end of my shift is when logging all future Customer interactions that needed to be completed.

My job to me was building and maintaining relationships.
Pros
Big Payout for sales
Cons
Way to much driving and to many hours (60+ became normal)
i never worked here
Virtual Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 11, 2018
for some reason, it is making me submit a review for this company and I have never worked for verizon. I was contracted through verizon to do telemarketing sales for FIOS.
Customer First Environment
Chandler Technical Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 11, 2018
Verizon Wireless provided me with the benefits and tools I needed to become certified and learn effective technical skills. Limited movement from within.
Verizon
Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  NJDecember 11, 2018
Depend's on your location and your boss if you will enjoy working there. We earn more then any other cell phone carrier.
hardest part of the job is dealing with customer's.
Daily work duties
Global Transport Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCDecember 11, 2018
My daily work duties are monitoring active faults. Create work tickets from alarms . Isolating network outages. Creating company wide alert for network outages. scheduling traffic affecting planned work to resolve network faults and outages. Trained new hire employees.
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
company layoffs
Best Customer Service Training
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 11, 2018
When I was there the customer service rep training was 3 months, but I feel that's where I learned to be the best at customer service. I gained some lifetime friends working there. I always got the hours I wanted and they compensated you for working evenings and on Sundays. The call center was a fun environment to be at.
Pros
Benefits, fun work environment and hours
Fun place to work.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VADecember 11, 2018
Had a good time here. My day to day involved dealing with clients and the advertising program for the Yellow pages. People were fun and clients were easy to work with. Google came and wiped it all out.
Many Changes
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLDecember 11, 2018
Verizon is currently going through a restructuring. Things are going well for me, but I will be outsourced. The restructuring will be good for the company.
Employment at Verizon
Executive Admin Asst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 11, 2018
My daily experience with Verizon was productive and normal. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with other people.

The workplace culture was diverse and management was pleasant.
Exciting and different
Manager, Strategic Sourcing (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VADecember 11, 2018
Great place to work, with diverse work force. Able to effectively collaborate with staff onsite as well as offsite with web meeting technology tools at your disposal.
Verizon is on the leading edge of telecommunications within and outside of the company walls.
Pros
Facilitied
Cons
Work distance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.

57.7K

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight