Play YouTube video button

Verizon Employee Reviews

United States26,699 reviews
Found 26,699 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Verizon selected this as a representative review
The most enjoyable part of my career was being able to complete
a job and make my costumers happy. Working for Verizon has been an

wonderful experience to grow with the company. I have enjoyed working for Verizon for 37 years. It's been a pleasure working for and with the family of Verizon.
June 10, 2020
We take great pride in our benefits and culture, so thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your insights with us.
As long as you work hard you will do great! Company knows and cares about their people. I really enjoyed working there and having the flexibility I needed for school
I loved working for xerox as a customer service rep. The best part for me was the customers. They had days where i would get hostile customers but I stayed pretty calm and handled it the way I was trained. Overall working there wasn’t a bad experience. I definitely appreciated the opportunity to do so.
Working for Verizon was an amazing experience. When I landed the job I was really young ; If I could go back , and work here again without all the “drama” from my personal life I would in a heartbeat!
Pros
Great Environment, and benefits! flexible
Cons
Stuck inside mostly
Not a bad company to work for just be prepared for KPI's to determine your commission. Just like any other retail gig you will work holidays and this is not a 9 to 5 job.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
long hours and ever changing commission structure
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Once you are on board with the company, you are welcomed, accepted, challenged and rewarded. Complacency is your biggest enemy. If you work with your leadership team and agree with their tactics to be successful then you’ll have a good time. If you want to be promoted, then you might want to look outside of your region as only the best of the best (top 1-3%) get promoted locally. Be willing to learn and do things outside of your original job as building your internal resume of experience makes you more valuable in higher ranking positions. Customers are unpredictable so don’t let them dictate how you will feel in the end.
Pros
Monthly, quarterly, annual competitions
Cons
ANY tech job is volatile. Be willing to change if you want to make it last.
To much favoritism, family and friends get promoted if you don't kiss a lot of butt you stay were your at. Managers walk back and forth behind you to ensure your busy working. Micro Managing.
Cons
The job is great, salary is less than most people are looking for. Salary is base and there's commissions as well. Traffic at this location is not great so salary won't go up much due to that.
Pros
Clean environment, indoors
Cons
Goals are not up to us if customer's traffic is not there
Job security is ok there. managers change stores too often.. Lots of awkward hours. Sometime it was rewarding. Mgrs could be a little more friendly and helpful to their older employees. Especially when I've been in the business and have manage cell store for over 20 years.
All the people I met working there were genuine people you were pleased to see each day. Management's main flaw at the time was the lack of a true plan on how to attain company goals.
June 29, 2020
I loved working at Verizon. It was challenging at times but that comes with any career. You will also meet so many amazing people and its fun to be a part of a team. I also really enjoyed their training program.
Pros
salary/bonuses, meeting many people
Cons
long hours, challenging sales goals
June 29, 2020
Hi, thank you for sending over your review! Verizon values inputs from our employees, and we love hearing about your experience.
The atmosphere is awesome and the job is great once you get the hang of all the different systems. Management helps you to succeed and there is a sense of belonging within the organization.
Managing accounts with very old Telecom products is a stable job but can be stressful. The employees and Management are supportive and willing to help when asked; however, simple tasks can be daunting. A customer may say, I need to see usage on a particular product to make sure we are not paying for what we don't need, sounds reasonable...then you'll find there is no report and then the customer is flying off the rails about it.
Pros
Flexible and Supportive
Cons
Very old products with complicated billing
June 29, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Verizon! We value the inputs of all of our employees and will use your feedback to identify potential areas of improvement.
It’s a amazing playing to work if your looking for daily interactions and great sales opportunity’s, working here at Verizon has shown me customers will come from everywhere to get great service.
Verizon is a very corporate environment. You must be in your seat taking call after call. You feel like a number that occupies a chair. There is no work/life balance. In order to really succeed you must give them your life. However, the benefits and pay are undeniably great.
June 29, 2020
At Verizon, workplace culture is important to us. Thank you for your honest review. We are certainly listening and will do our best to take your feedback into consideration in order to improve.
One of the best opportunities for my personal goal is to work for a progressive organization . I would tell all of my friends about this job , and hopefully they will get the same opportunity that I have
Great place to work with the best benefits you can get. Challenging work but so many career advancement opportunities your hard work will pay off. Lots of vacation time and great benefits at affordable rates plus stock and cash bonuses and yearly raises. Working from home is great as well.
Pros
Great culture, benefits, and opportunity
Cons
Schedule changes every 6 months and often includes nights and/or weekends
This review is strictly for the Verizon Call Center in Alpharetta GA. That place was HORRIBLE to work in. The workers were dead with no energy, management only cared about you if your results made them look good. I felt depressed working there. My life was saved when I quit and started working at State Farm. THAT place was a breathe of fresh air. The pay is NOT worth the mental abuse you have working there. I wouldn’t wish this job on my worst enemy.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Everything you name it, other than flexible hours
June 29, 2020
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a very thorough review. We are listening and we certainly want your honest feedback. We will do our best to address your concerns in order to improve our business.
Verizon was a great company to work for and amazing coworkers very rewarding. Not much work life balance. Matched 401k. Stocks. Lead a great team to winner circle. Great accomplishment. Managed 6 employees and all 6 were happy in the coaching I made
Pros
Very rewarding
Cons
No work life balance
Verizon is a great place to work takes good care of their employees. The senior leadership definitely takes into account the opinions of everyone. Work life balance can be difficult but that’s the nature of sales
Pros
Team culture, feel like the company cares
Cons
Pay, advancement
Customers get to rate you and this can lead to termination. High stress standards can lead to termination: ex: how many calls you take, customer surveys etc
June 22, 2020
Thank you for your review. Both employee and customer satisfaction are of paramount importance to us, so we appreciate you sharing your feedback as we are always looking for areas of improvement.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.
9.7K
Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

61%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.