Verizon

Found 29,645 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,557 reviews
wirelesssalebenefitcustomvzwcommissionquotaphone

Best sales job ever

Featured review

Verizon selected this as a representative review
World-class sales training and an opportunity to learn the ropes at a Fortune 100 company! The products you sell are the newest and the best. There are a lot of top notch salesman and managers to show you how to get it done. A great place to work.

Pros

Pay, leadership, culture

Official response from Verizon

June 28, 2022
Hello, thank you for your review. We appreciate your enthusiasm!

Overall Job is rated 7 out of 10

The Account Executive role is very similar to other companies, but the drive for new lines in a saturated cellphone/tablet market makes it difficult to over achieve your quota. Especially when quality of service that they offer is barely noticeable to the average consumer. Then it comes down to pricing, but even then, the time and energy it takes to save a few dollars a month is not worth the hassle unless the customer was up for renewal and needed new devices regardless.

Verizon insights

Based on 6,385 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

An amazing time & so fulfilling

I loved working here. They always made me feel good, safe, so many different ways to grow within the company as long as you do your part and many ways to succeed. Managers are like family. Flexibility to pick your schedule and then widening with you was so helpful.

Pros

Pay for school, cafeteria, gym, benefits, flexibility, bonuses, growth

Cons

Able to put up with lots of personalities over the phone with customers, quality must be 90 and up, hard work and keep up

Can be a great career company

I worked for Verizon for 16 years and took early retirement. They didn’t do the best job of hiring competent managers and it was a boys club environment. I had to leave.

Sales Representative

Cool job if you love convincing people to buy new products. Pay used to be great before they changed the commission structure. I would recommend Verizon for a place to work.

Great benefits ok pay

Benefits are great but they changed commission payout to be team based so there is no incentive for high performers anymore as lazy people in the store will just slack off and still collect the same commission check.

Good for people with time management, multitasking and networking skills

Like any retail sales position, it’s a great job for those who are tech savvy, naturally talkative, & enjoy networking. Better to be young because the hours can be a bit demanding - 10+ hour shifts are common. Must be willing to make sales calls over the phone to drum up business/ follow up on previous clients.

good place to work just staffing is always low

might not be the case at all verizons but all of them I worked at the team commission is good for people who dont work but the people who do work hard get screwed because you get payed the same as everyone else.

PhoneCo Drones

Very closed club of mildly xenophobic long timers who resent new team members “horning in”. Terrible tech support and distant upper management made it a pretty unpleasant and chilly tour of duty

Good money

Good money, good benefits. Management chases their own tail all day while field techs build the back bone of the company. Company would be better off if they riffed Local Managers and did their own thing not worrying about productivity and FDR.

Great company to work for.

Great company to work for because of the training on the newest technology and the pay is right in line with the location. Most of the time, the management has your back.

Always changing great coworkers

Fun to be apart new technology.Company has changed direction went from individual commissions to team.If management is decent you will have a great time but prepare to be micro managed if not.

It was fun

I got fired for being amazing with everyone who walked through the door I was fired for being an addict an trying to go about my life top performer. I was once a mentor to teach those with low skill performance and numbers on the leadership board spoke for themselves

Metrics set up keep changing and constantly updated

Their metrics change all the time and you are threatened with termination. No real security if you are not meeting a metric you are threatened and the metric then becomes obsolete this continues to occur and you are left with feeling like you are on a Cliffside and any plans are un safe. Great medical benefits compared to what is really available for a family and they do offer 50g off their cellular service for employees.

You are replaceable

No security. Your job will likely be outsourced overseas. Micromanaged. Salary is decent if you meet the top tier requirements. Benefits were decent. Union but they have no actual ability to make changes.

All good

All good environment. Can get a little hectic and sometimes stressful, but it will come to an end. Good pay and benefits. The company is searching for direction now....

Sales Compensation is Teamed 👎🏾

They need to change there compensation back to individual. It makes it hard to come to work knowing you are giving it all you have to make other people money that don’t care.

Ok company sometimes

This job has unrealistic expectations. You’re expected to not have ppl call back after speaking with them for 7 days, however most of the times they call back they just forgot something so now then calling back ruins your metrics. Also upper management has no clue how to respond properly. I used FMLA and put in some PTO days so I could get paid, and I received my check 3 weeks from when I originally was to send it. My supervisor and her supervisor were absolutely no help. They kept insisting that I wait for the next pay period to receive my check.

Great benefits

Great benefits and good pay. Houston center closed down years ago, but some were relocated. Easy to move up in the company if you worked hard at it..

Fun

Used to be a fun place to work 2010-2013. Good management. Completely remote work in office now. Was not micromanaged. Plenty of room for growth. Good benefits

Better benefits and pay than most; hard job

Customer service role that is tough but the benefits are worth it. Now that I no longer work here I see more of the benefits. I left due to a health issue.

Common questions about Verizon

Answered by current and former employees at Verizon

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Verizon.
Powered byComparably