Verizon

Working at Verizon in Irving, TX: Employee Reviews

Irving, TX590 reviews

Found 590 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,367 reviews
wirelesssalebenefitcustomvzwcommissionquotaphone

It’s a good company to work for things just not the same as it was when I first started working there

Good company.. day one benefits..the job is kind of boring now since almost every position is work from home. I had fun when we were working in the office.

Flexible Work Schedule

I worked in the Damage Claims Recovery Department for about 4 months. Verizon might be a great company but the department I worked in became a toxic work environment. Overall, management is not great and there was a lack of poor training. There was no clear vision or end goal as to what was needed to be accomplished. No, I wouldn’t recommend this company to a friend or anyone. It’s really important for me to be around people who love their job and believe in the mission of the company.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Micromanaged and Lack of Communication

Verizon insights

Based on 6,241 survey responses
What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Inside sales representative

This place is horrible. No one is professional. The female trainer flirted with every dude in the class. One of the managers discussed very explicit info about his intimate life, and made weird offers. A peer sent me inappropriate photos. And the new team manager indirectly told me I don’t know how to think. when reached out to HR of that department, she never followed up. As a woman this place is the 100% male dominant and hostile. Managers will indirectly ask you to follow wrong sale practices to generate business.

Challenging yet rewarding workplace

Verizon Communications is a challenging yet rewarding employer. I enjoyed my career in IT there, but became disillusioned with the growing "Wokeness" of the company culture being promulgated in recent years.

Lack rational explanation. Competition and lower revenues has put them on a reactive mode with no thought to their employees.

Commission structure and quotas go up with no logical reason why Leadership does whatever HQ says and doesn’t honestly tell the sales people why their quotas are going up monthly. Decline in revenue has made Verizon reactive. Their 5G build out has very Low ROI and they spent billions on 5G.

Pros

Vacation time.

Cons

A declining fortune 100 company due to competition and lack of employee focus.

June 28, 2022
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, as we are always looking to identify areas of potential improvement.

Stellar work/life balance, but tough to move up - unless you network

Overall, Verizon has been a great experience and has offered lots of flexibility in my work schedule. You're given plenty of autonomy for decision making and there is no real micro managing to deal with. The hardest part and most frustrating part to deal with for me has been the extreme challenge to elevate your career within the company. There are definitely lots of cliques and lots of networking is required if you want to be considered a serious candidate for any promotion. While my position is good and rewarding at times, I feel stuck in the role with zero opportunity for growth. Additionally, the pay is not competitive at all, but the yearly bonus is nice. The bonus generally pays out around 10% of your salary in and around March. For the most, Verizon is a good place to start out and the benefits are above average. I would certainly recommend working for Verizon. But again, my experience is based on office work in the area of supply chain....not speaking of sales or in the stores.

Pros

Lots of PTO; Work/Life balance; Minimal drama/gossip; Good overall coworkers

Cons

Have to network and politic to have a chance at a promotion; your future runs through basking ridge

Growth and performance based.

I worked for the Real Estate/facilities side of Verizon. I started out as a building technician and was given an opportunity to become a Project Specialist/Coordinator. This led me into a Project Manager type position and opened a whole new employment door for me. They trained me and offered classes to make me exceed in my position....until a new Director was hired from another State. During a RIF, our team was diminished and the positioned that remained the new Director kept her people employed. NOTE: This was NOT a company decision but a Directors decision. All in all I enjoyed growing with Verizon Corporate Real Estate.

Pretty good company

Verizon makes lots of efforts to make work life as stress free as possible. They have great training and make great efforts to ensure you equipped to do your job.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Angry customers

Great Opportunity, Few Flaws

It kind of is what it is. I worked as a telesales agent. I was paid well, treated well, if I needed medical or spiritual accommodations, they were available. If you just give a decent effort, and learn to be coachable, you'll make good money. If you come to work with a negative mindset and give no effort whatsoever you won't make anything but salary, which you should be lucky to receive.

Pros

Benefits are amazing. Pay CAN be great

Cons

Below average communication. Endless metrics

na

Life balance is a joke, you never have the opportunity to take time off that you are provided, promotions are a joke especially if you are a good sales rep.

Opinions my vary.

The best part of working here are the benefits. You get a good amount of time off, but the availability to use it isn’t always in your favor. Your schedule changes every 6 months. You likely won’t get the shift you want. In my opinion it’s difficult to advance when your resume shows you’re in sales, if you’re interested in a different department. Being told you have to “master” the sales role to advance. Working from home has made networking a little more of a challenge. And it seems to be a who you know these days, to even get a chance. Constant issues with the sales systems are frustrating for rep and customers. The pressure to sale everything to every customer you speak with is exhausting. Every customer needs a new phone/phone line, watch, tablet, all the accessories, insurance, some type of home service and don’t forget the Verizon Visa card. Customers are often difficult and unrealistic demands they feel they are entitled too. In exiting from Verizon, my last check was incorrect and did not include my final commissions check for the previous month. Trying to contact HR/Payroll has not been simple.

Pros

Benefits, remote work.

Cons

Shift bid schedule, Time off, advancement

November 30, 2021
Thank you for your review. We agree that there is always room for improvement, and welcome any and all feedback that could potentially get us to where we want to go. Your feedback is appreciated.

Typical Corporate work Environment

Typical Corporate work Environment. People were nice, but you are just a number to the corporate managers. Not much room for growth unless you know people.

November 10, 2021
Our culture is very important to us, and we believe that providing our employees with a positive working environment is key to personal growth and success. Your opinion matters to us, and we want to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Great Company

Diversity was great in the work place Management was goodPay was goodTraining was structured Not a stressful placeOnly negative is hire a lot of contract only positionsWould recommend to work there

Great co-workers

Spent more than a decade at Verizon -- eight years when it was GTE, and then two+ more years after the "merger" with Bell Atlantic. Company was better (for me, at least) when it was GTE. Best part for me, especially the last few years, was my co-workers. I left Verizon when the company downsized.

Pros

Co-workers, nice facilities

Cons

Too big a corporation to feel like you can make much difference overall

August 5, 2021

Great Company, but can be hard to move up

Awesome benefits and paid time off, best I’ve ever had at any job, Good pay if you put in the work. The only thing I would say is that it can be hard to move up, or if you do you’ll most likely be taking a pay cut.. but the job is a solid job, all the sales come to you, people call in wanting phones and you sell it to them.

Pros

Time off benefits

Cons

can be tough to move up

It’s cool

I been here for about two years now. I enjoy the people I work with. It’s very flexible and stress free for me. I look forward to advancing my career here.

Dont do it

I dont want to sound like an ex disgruntled employee but I want to be completely honest when I say they make training look great and you see pretty rainbows and then they break out metaphorical whips and chains. If you like jobs that management are there to help and support your growth then dont work here

Pros

It pays

Cons

Low pay, never consistent help from management

June 18, 2021

I very much enjoyed working at Verizon. I started at the beginning when it was created from the merger of two companies.

The company was focused on customer service. Employees were provided with excellent benefits and treated very well. I believe that they are a leader in cellular service because management had a strategy and everyone executed their part extremely well.

Pros

Industry Leader

June 1, 2021
Thank you for sharing your review. Our employees are the lifeline of the company, and when they grow, we grow!

Great Opportunity, Few Flaws

Pros

Benefits are amazing. Pay CAN be great

Cons

Below average communication. Endless metrics

Upper Management is trash

I worked in a department that was treated as if it didn’t exist but was detrimental to the 5G market and all permits and bonds needed to ensure Verizon had permission to be on public property. Existing easements were not processed properly let’s forget the old system they use to monitor any expired contracts or agreements. Senior Management hired that was clueless to the needs of the department and let so many staff leave because poor management and many great contractors were let go for poor management. Don’t work here and think you will get hired because they have no need for you after 31 months! They treat you like you are a servant only to them but throw you away as soon as they can. The expectation and little pay do not match. Take your hard earned degree and go somewhere respectable.

Pros

Cons

Don’t work here as a contractor...it’s awful!!

May 18, 2021
Thank you for sharing your opinions and experiences. We appreciate you taking the time to communicate your concerns to us, as we are always looking to improve.

Great Opportunity, Few Flaws

Pros

Benefits are amazing. Pay CAN be great

Cons

Below average communication. Endless metrics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight