Verizon
Happiness rating is 71 out of 100

Verizon Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 3,103 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Verizon selected this as a representative review
Work life balance and compensation for your work are the two best things about the company. The customers can be tough at times, which makes work less enjoyable, but the company overall is truly the best.
February 19, 2021
Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed working with us and we appreciate the feedback.
The pay and benefits are great. However, be prepared to work long, late hour shifts. There are no part-time positions currently in the work from home customer service positions. The work-life balance is tough to achieve at this company as the hours are set for you with little room for negotiation.
Pros
Great Benefits and Good Pay
Cons
Job is stressful and the workday hours are long
March 4, 2021
Thank you for your review. We agree that there is always room for improvement, and welcome any and all feedback that could potentially get us to where we want to go. Your feedback is appreciated.
There paid is good but they make sure they get all from you. Too much stress and constantly change metrics. They said that is for a benefit for employees and customers but not true. Mostly is for the company.
Pros
Paid
Cons
Stress, management, The Company itself
February 15, 2021
Hi, thank you for sharing your opinions and experiences. We appreciate your honest feedback and will do our best to take it into consideration.
The good reps get mediocre feedback on their performances so they'll try harder to give even more of an excellent monitoring experience; which they can never achieve. They played favorites and put the same people to organize office events so they always got time off the phones. Verizon is a good place to work if you're in management, then you can leave for emergencies, take all the time you want for lunch and all the days off you can handle.
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Everything else
February 9, 2021
Thank you for your review. We stand for integrity, respect, performance, and accountability. Treating one another with respect is essential to creating a positive working environment. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us as it will help us identify potential areas of improvement.
The benefits and pay are great can be stressful but overall great company they job can be stressful but you get the training and coaching to be successful
Leave a review. Help people like you.
The benefits are nice but I feel as though those are put in place because the job is SO mentally draining and time consuming. It is not what I expected at all. I applied for this job thinking that I would be taking a certain type of call but when the phone “rings”...you have no idea what the customer’s concern is. Training is 12 weeks but it does not really prepare you for the live calls. I hope it gets better soon!....if not I will gladly remove myself.
Benefits
Cons
No work life balance, training not relatable to live calls, mentally draining
January 29, 2021
Thank you for sharing your review with us. Ensuring that our employees have a positive work experience is extremely important to us, as they are the lifeline of our company. We want you to know that we hear you, and we will use your feedback in order to identify potential areas of improvement.
I started working in business repair department as a temp employee. My boss in this department was so impressed with my performance, that he recommended me for full time employment in the customer service end of Verizon. I started out in billing and then added new sales, then added selling products. We went thru five different systems in that time. I liked to be the first to learn a new system and then help my pod mates learn it. It's kind of like a puzzle to me. I had one of the highest pell city ratings in my group. I really did enjoy helping our customers, even the excited ones. Then I was transferred to Management in DSL.
Pros
Verizon had great benefits, and I liked the people. Plus promo incentives
Cons
I had to travel over an hour in management job one waty plus work overtime, had no life.
January 26, 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Not only do we pride ourselves on our stellar benefits, but also on being on the cutting edge of technology! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed working with us and appreciate you taking the time to write out your thoughtful review.
I retired after 22 years in management. I was most often treated respectfully and the work culture was, for the most part, open and honest. Pay and benefits above average.
Pros
Pay and benefits top notch. Most upper management open to suggestions and improvements
Cons
Could be very stressful at times
January 27, 2021
Thank you for your review! Verizon values inputs from our employees, and we love hearing about your positive experiences.
I worked for Verizon Wireless for 3 years and had to resign due to personal reason this is the best job you could ever have in customer service.. they are very flexible, family oriented, they care about there employees, the facility is always clean, have reachable goals just overall the best
Pros
Cafeteria at the job with great food, work/life balance, employee appreciation week, tuition reimbursement, offer school courses at work, pay, make work fun, BENEFITS are excellent, help find daycare
January 27, 2021
We appreciate the kind words and are glad to hear that you enjoyed working with us. Your feedback means a lot to us, so thank you for your review!
Great culture at this place. Benefits are amazing. Hours can be rough as you can work all kinds of hours and all different days. If you enjoy customer service jobs this company is your spot. Great Verizon perks for the employees. You
Pros
Benefits, culture, inclusiveness
Cons
Hours, days off, strict phone schedules
January 21, 2021
We highly value our benefits programs! Thank you for your insights. Your review means a lot to us.
Verizion call center is a good entry level job. The pay is decent and the benefits are great. My advice would be to perform well at your job, network with management, so you can move to a better position.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
stuck on the phones, back to back calls non-stop
Verizon was a great company to work for. The annual bonuses were a great incentive. If you want to learn about customer service this company does a lot of training around service. Pay was average
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Shifts
Verizon is a great company to work for. From day one we are made to feel as family and we’re encouraged to be as great as we want to be within and wherever we want to be in the company. Benefits and pay are great!
January 13, 2021
Verizon would not be the same if not for its great people. Thank you for your feedback!
Worked there for 15 years, enjoyed all the people I worked with and it taught me a lot about how to work productively. Great benefits and assessing experience
Benefits
Cons
Same corporate hassles
January 8, 2021
Thank you for sharing you review! We take pride in being able to provide our employees with stellar benefits, as our V Teamers are the lifeline of the company. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed working with us.
It was your typical call center job with the most aggravating customer based. A lot of time you end up fixing lies told by store employees. The upside is unlimited overtime.
Pros
Yearly Bonuses
Cons
Fast burn out
Verizon was probably the best job I've ever had. I had to leave due to some mental health reasons, but management and everyone around me was nothing but kind and supportive.The pay is great as well as benefits. They also have very generous time off allowances.
This is a great company to work for. Great benefits, hours maybe rough when you first start but as seniority start and performance kicks it, you can get better hours. Great flexibility with schedules.
Pros
Na
Cons
N/a
Good pay for a retail job. Stores can be cut throat so that each employee can reach their sales quotas. Retail schedule makes it difficult to plan a life outside of work.
December 24, 2020
Hello, thank you for sharing your review with us. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us your feedback, as we are always looking for areas of improvement.
I really liked the atmosphere at Verizon wireless! They were always given all kinds of incentives, awards, and gifts. They were always encouraging me to advance because they knew I wanted to. I really enjoyed working for this company. The only reason why I'm not there anymore is that call center is now shut down. If I had to say anything negative it would be bidding for chefs that was always kind of crazy.
Pros
Pay, times off, family oriented, diversity, energetic/positive energy and much more
Cons
Shift bidding stunk!!!
The job can be very difficult at times, but there is always a team of people willing to help at all times.Management is very supportive and treat employees fairly.
Pros
Work at Home
Cons
Very hectic & busy workflow. Could use more employees
It was horrible, went a period without having any manager at all in store. Never knew what schedule would be. Training sucked. They had no real idea of good sale ideas.
Pros
No management
Cons
No management
  1. Customer Service Representative