Verlo Mattress

Verlo Mattress Employee Reviews

United States33 reviews
When not dealing with customers, you can sit and use you computer, phone, etc.
They don't really train you, but they answer whatever questions you may have in the future.

They only do 2% commission on whatever you sell, so the pay isn't that great.

As long as your are polite and know the basic features of the product, it isn't very hard to make sales.
Pros
Relaxed environment, easy sales, downtime
Cons
Not much training, low commission
Verlo Mattress I found to be a challenging company to work for but the challenge is also rewarding. Management will challenge you and help you develop into a better employee.
Pros
Job growth, promotions
Cons
-Typical day Starts with a review of what previous sales were, and what areas to could use strengthening.
-Review of what delivery's are priority and begin to organised.

-Work with fellow employee's in sales's dept.

-Addressing new areas in selling points.
after working 16 days straight several times because the owners were vacationing in FL I called in sick and I was fired through email. Also the sales meeting were ridiculous. The owners would ask us how we can get more customers in the store??? And then listening to them whine about corporate.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
I loved working at Verlo of Appleton. I moved and had to quit my job. The owners are very nice and treated me well. I got along with my coworkers. It was nice to work 4 days a week and make a decent wage.
Nothing is organized or marked down incorrectly. The job itself isn't that hard its everything on the back end that I can't stand. Turn over rate is very high!
I started there making mattress and they promoted me to Sales manager with 2 years of working there. They provided the classes couching and mentoring to make it to the next level
I was a mascot for the Verlo Mattress Factory. A very simple job a couple hours every weekend with a half hour break. Not much to say other than the worst part were snowballs to the face.
Pros
Short Hours, Long Break
Cons
No benefits
Verlo was a great opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the sales side of the industry and training was always a plus. I would recommend this for anyone looking to be in sales.
Working with Verlo served as a wonderful employment opportunity. Easy sales tactics are around every corner. This is a great company to build your verbal skills in.
Its was jus a job for the time being , the owner turned the company back to corporate.. And everyone loss there jobs..... I learned a lot from this job
Pros
Fixable
Cons
Low pay
verlo mattress in the south east is no longer in business and therefore no need to rate this organization. they are now concentrated in the mid west part of the US
It's a good place to work, fun environment. Be prepared not to have a set schedule. Meaning you never know how long you'll be working each day. Some days the hours are long, some days they are short. The working environment is nice. I never had a problem with managment. It was also enjoyable having some days working in the warehouse. The last thing I will say is don't under estimate the job it self. Delivering mattresses sounds easy but there were guys who quit after the first day. But it's not that bad.
Pros
Fast paced environment, on the go all day.
Cons
Some weeks not enough hours.
Long hours but it's an excellent position for someone who is attending online courses or schooling. Great interaction with customers and management.

The owners and their families are wonderful people and are a pleasure to work for.
Pros
Excellent management support, great products
Cons
Long hours spent alone
Doing the actual physical work of delivering mattresses, and mattress products from Verlo was not enjoyable. The best aspect of that part was simply being on the rode on the way to the destinations. Considering where we were stationed & most of the areas we were in making deliveries I was able to see a whole different standard of living in demographics which was very interesting coming from the inner cities. Best part literally!! Although the job being pretty lax in many ways was also okay I guess.
One of the least desirable places I have worked. Lots of turn over, especially with delivery. No holidays, no sick days, few if any raises. difficult boss to deal with
Quick Paced
Logistics & New Tecnologies

Innovative Leadership

High EnergyEnvioroment

Occasional changes in plans with short notification

Friendly People
Pros
Innovative Leadership
Cons
Off-Hours Support & Long Commute
looking for something with more variety in the work
didn't appreciate the boss yelling at sales personnel while I'm on the phone 20 feet away

didn't like being attached to the phone even when I was on break or lunch
They are a locally operated company that works hard to instill a positive environment for their employees. Not much bureaucracy to deal with on a daily basis.
The job was fun an easy, you come in each day to load our deliveries for each day then leave and do your deliveries in accordance to the schedule and invoices for that day. The hardest/worst part of the job was dealing with management. the production manager has a manager title but has zero manager skills. he does not listen to his employees and he expects the impossible out of them. Verlo also has a very poor training program, virtually non existent. and when it comes to safety regulations they try to sweep everything under the rug. it is a short time job and designed for younger or inexperienced workers to get some experience.

Now the job is not all bad, the owner takes as best care of his employees as possible, great benefits and decent pay
Pros
Tips
Cons
delivery gets no breaks and management is difficult
This was a fun easy going job. Only four employees at a time so you get cool with everyone quick. The worst part was going to the dump on raining days or just not getting enough hours that day. Other then that I would love to work there again.
Pros
Boss bought us lunch
Cons
Short days