Vermeer Corporation Employee Reviews

Good money if you work overtime.
Welder (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAJune 23, 2018
Vermeer talent acquisition specialist are no more than military recruiters or used car salesmen. They tell you what you want to hear to get you in the door and hold you in a certain position to meet their production requirements. The pay is fine if you dismiss your hopes and dreams of a position you hope to acquire. If you wish to move up and expand your career then look elsewhere because most jobs are filled before they are even listed to the bid process. HR is nothing more than hired publicists too promote their family crest while you toil in their labor positions and dream of future spots that you get rejected for. Basically if your value is production and you put out for them don't expect them to let you move easily, your managers will stall your career to meet production goals. It's all about machines rolling off that line, this place needs a union to create fair opportunity.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor upper managment, HR is clueless or sheep
Great place to work with unlimited possibilities.
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAMay 7, 2018
I have been working at Vermeer for almost a year now and I love it! Great people, professional environment, fantastic benefits and a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Excellent family based company
Cons
Unknown
Good place to work. Not much innovation going on in my segment.
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  pella, iaApril 4, 2018
Good place to work. Lots of innovation going on in some segments of the business not much in the segment I worked in. Made for rather boring product development.
Well rounded company
Painter/ Parts Center (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAMarch 2, 2018
Very respectable company to work for, I appreciated Vermeer for the quality of work they expected. It taught me alot and made me a very meticulous worker, work that makes you proud! Wish I was still working for them.
Great company to work for
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAFebruary 6, 2018
I was a assembler good pay when I first started had a great manager then I got moved to plant four and the managers were jerks if it wasn't for them I would still be working there had four guys quit before I did because of them they couldn't do there own job but sure told you how to do yours the managers are all in the buddy system they have lost a lot of good Employees because of them
Pros
Pay
Cons
50 hours a week bad management
Great Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pella, IASeptember 28, 2017
Great place to work with many family oriented team members. Benefits were excellent and the company was very generous with their bonuses. Management wasn't the best as that they liked to promoted within and change things up a bit.
Cons
Poor management
Loved the work but not the management
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Pella, IASeptember 27, 2017
The work was good and challenging at times. Management absolutely sucks from my experience. A lot of management seamed to be real upity like they were better than you. Pay was not that great like it sounds. Health insurance is outrageously high for one person not to mention for your family. After taxes, insurance, and 401k was taken out you basically made slightly over $10/hr. There policies and the way they do things are mediocre. Overall if management, policies, rules, and pay was better wouldnt be a bad place to work. Loved my co-workers.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management and policies
Great work environment
Learning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pella, IASeptember 20, 2017
Awesome place to work, where you feel like a part of the family. The company takes pride in its people, its products and the community. One of the best experiences I have had at any place.
I'd Still Be There if Family Were Closer
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAAugust 7, 2017
I'd love to still be there if it weren't for family being over 1000 miles away. Excellent communication and process involvement from all levels of management. Friendly place. Very family oriented. Flexible hours as long as deadlines get met. Office assistants do great at keeping office morale and camaraderie high.
Vermeer is a good company for a beginner
Product safety/customer data representative (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAJuly 21, 2017
My job was a good paced job however there was no job advance in the area which I worked in. I learned many different avenues of Vermeer Corporations work ethics.
Pros
Office employees were allowed to make up time
Cons
New employees had more options to learn new jobs
Great company with inconsistency in management
Financial Assistant-Credit (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAJuly 13, 2017
Vermeer is a very good company that provides wonderful benefits. There is however, inconsistency in management in between departments. Job titles are confusing and inconsistent and it's not easy to advance within the company.
Love this job
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAJuly 9, 2017
Well balance job and a lot of good people to work there. They appreciate the people working there and lot of good benefits to with it. Vermeer is awesome place to work!
Great place to work in corporate office
EH&S Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAJune 16, 2017
this job is very rewarding and advancement is a win win. has pharmacy on cite as well as clinic. profit sharing and bonuses. ability to work from home when approved and the benefits are great
Great company, just no advancement
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Selma texasMay 31, 2017
I have so much to offer a company that can see my experience and love for customer service. I have been doing this a long time and I'm ready to run a service dept..
Productive Company with Advancement Opporitunity
Mechanical Design Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAMay 21, 2017
Vermeer Corporation is a large company that has a small-town culture. There is plenty of opportunities for advancement. The workplace seems close knit. The pay and benefits are nice, and any changes in the company finances are shared with the employees on a regular basis.
review on vermeer corpotation
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAMay 16, 2017
has a very good school for new welders and good management and good cow workers and help for workers that are struggling good part to weld with and very good safety rules
Challenging and Rewarding
Solutions Specialist-Cutting Edge (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAApril 7, 2017
A typical day in my role consists of making sales calls to dealerships, traveling to dealerships, or doing sales trainings. My job has a wide range of responsibilities ranging from occasional call center work all the way to end customer visits. Over my tenure here I have learned how to navigate through our crm system as well as how to approach customers appropriately.
Good place to work but ZERO ROOM for career growth!
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Pella, IowaApril 3, 2017
The company per se has ZERO interest in promoting their very own employees. Job postings have already someone in line with those positions. They DO NOT PROMOTE their very own employees. They would hire outsiders and non competitive applicants before they would hire the competitive ones!
Pros
On site pharmacy and clinic; Health insurance and Wellness activity.
Cons
Job career growth within the company is a FAILURE! Expect zero growth working for this company!
excellent work environment
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKMarch 1, 2017
This is a very family oriented company with excellent work hours and company advancement. They provide great benefits and pay
Good Work/Life Balance place to work for
Export Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pella, IADecember 16, 2016
Faith based, family owned company that truly cares about their people. Great benefits, room for advancement, classes to learn and grow as an employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vermeer Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight