Vermeer Corporation Employee Reviews

Definitely a family business
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAApril 16, 2019
Actually care about the employees and the customers. Hours can be long when work needs to be done, everyone works together to get through it. Management is attentive and employee training is used very effectively.
Pros
Training programs, management, small town near a big city, healthcare, co-workers
Horrible Management and HR
Machining Tech, material handler (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAApril 3, 2019
I worked in one plant for about 9 months and it was a bit stressful, but nothing one could handle. I had a great manager in that plant. I bid out and accepted a job in another plant and lasted about 3-4 months. The management in that plant was horrible, manager would nit pick at you and get you in trouble for any little mistake-whether it be your’s or from someone else. Spoke with HR quite a few times (myself and about 6 others) and got absolutely no where. I ended up quitting. The pay is great, but not worth the amount of stress you are given.
Pros
Great pay, decent work schedule
Cons
Management and no room for advancement unless you have all the extra experience
Official response from Vermeer Corporation
April 9, 2019

At Vermeer, we strive to create a culture that puts people first. We are sorry to hear you left the company because your experience didn’t match that. In an effort to better learn from your experience and help in creating a better experience for our existing and future team members, will you please reach out to hr@vermeer.com? We’d love to continue the conversation.

Poor Management
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAMarch 13, 2019
Management appears to care more about money and sending quantity rather than ensuring quality products out the door. It only gets worse up the ladder, as most management and personnel in center offices lack in at least communicating with you so you know who is who. Forget following protocol of going to Quality Techs when there's a problem with a part, management prefers you put it on anyway and fix it later.
Pros
fairly paid
Cons
management micromanages
My experience
Product Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAFebruary 26, 2019
No two days are alike when you know your role and understand the expectations. This provides great learning opportunities and a chance to understand more about the business.
Lost their family values
Welder and Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAFebruary 16, 2019
If you want to work a lot of overtime, this is the place for you. Since the tornado, they have lost focus of what they are really about. They have crammed the lines from the 2 buildings they lost, into the remaining 5 buildings. Nothing is organized, they don’t have the same flow on the production line, but they expect the same production numbers for machines rolling out the door. They don’t care about your home life and you won’t be able to make plans on the weekends because you never know if you are working they weekend. Even if you did have plans, and you told them, they would make it mandatory for Saturday work.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management, long hours
Awesome place to work
Marketing and training (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAFebruary 13, 2019
I really enjoyed my time working at Vermeer. they really care about your professional development and pride themselves on a caring culture. Close knit team.
Group Leader/Material Handler
Production Assistant/Material Handler/Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Pella, IANovember 4, 2018
Vermeer is a great place to work for. I would recommend this company to anybody that is hard working and willing to work ot. My typical day at work was scanning in items and putting them on the shelves along with driving a forklift and unloading and loading trucks.
Pros
Bonuses, Free Lunches
Cons
Supervisors are in a click and seem to care about themselves and not the employees
Strict Managemnt
Machine Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pella, IASeptember 30, 2018
If you like to be micromanaged, this is the place for you. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. There are some good people that work there though but management sucks.
Great place to work that makes you use your mind
Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAJune 2, 2018
Great place to work that makes you use your mind and be an individual. Many helpful and kind people and everyone was expected to help. The hardest part was the actual engineering, that was not what I wanted my career to be in. Otherwise, awesome place to work.
Great place to work with unlimited possibilities.
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAMay 7, 2018
I have been working at Vermeer for almost a year now and I love it! Great people, professional environment, fantastic benefits and a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Excellent family based company
Cons
Unknown
Good place to work. Not much innovation going on in my segment.
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  pella, iaApril 4, 2018
Good place to work. Lots of innovation going on in some segments of the business not much in the segment I worked in. Made for rather boring product development.
Well rounded company
Painter/ Parts Center (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAMarch 2, 2018
Very respectable company to work for, I appreciated Vermeer for the quality of work they expected. It taught me alot and made me a very meticulous worker, work that makes you proud! Wish I was still working for them.
Great company to work for
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAFebruary 6, 2018
I was a assembler good pay when I first started had a great manager then I got moved to plant four and the managers were jerks if it wasn't for them I would still be working there had four guys quit before I did because of them they couldn't do there own job but sure told you how to do yours the managers are all in the buddy system they have lost a lot of good Employees because of them
Pros
Pay
Cons
50 hours a week bad management
Great Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pella, IASeptember 28, 2017
Great place to work with many family oriented team members. Benefits were excellent and the company was very generous with their bonuses. Management wasn't the best as that they liked to promoted within and change things up a bit.
Cons
Poor management
Loved the work but not the management
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Pella, IASeptember 27, 2017
The work was good and challenging at times. Management absolutely sucks from my experience. A lot of management seamed to be real upity like they were better than you. Pay was not that great like it sounds. Health insurance is outrageously high for one person not to mention for your family. After taxes, insurance, and 401k was taken out you basically made slightly over $10/hr. There policies and the way they do things are mediocre. Overall if management, policies, rules, and pay was better wouldnt be a bad place to work. Loved my co-workers.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management and policies
Great work environment
Learning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pella, IASeptember 20, 2017
Awesome place to work, where you feel like a part of the family. The company takes pride in its people, its products and the community. One of the best experiences I have had at any place.
I'd Still Be There if Family Were Closer
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAAugust 7, 2017
I'd love to still be there if it weren't for family being over 1000 miles away. Excellent communication and process involvement from all levels of management. Friendly place. Very family oriented. Flexible hours as long as deadlines get met. Office assistants do great at keeping office morale and camaraderie high.
Vermeer is a good company for a beginner
Product safety/customer data representative (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAJuly 21, 2017
My job was a good paced job however there was no job advance in the area which I worked in. I learned many different avenues of Vermeer Corporations work ethics.
Pros
Office employees were allowed to make up time
Cons
New employees had more options to learn new jobs
Great company with inconsistency in management
Financial Assistant-Credit (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAJuly 13, 2017
Vermeer is a very good company that provides wonderful benefits. There is however, inconsistency in management in between departments. Job titles are confusing and inconsistent and it's not easy to advance within the company.
Love this job
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAJuly 9, 2017
Well balance job and a lot of good people to work there. They appreciate the people working there and lot of good benefits to with it. Vermeer is awesome place to work!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vermeer Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Vermeer Corporation Reviews by Location