Vermont Mutual Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Great work/Life Balance
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Montpelier, VTJanuary 24, 2019
The company does a lot to increase employee engagement and boost employee morale. It was a great way to spend a summer as an intern. I would highly recommend this position.
its all about the 'old boys club'
Director of IT Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Montpelier, VTOctober 12, 2018
if you are not part of the old boys club it is just a paper pusher. I was in middle management and trying to improve process and procedure was impossible. Insurance is a successful racket regardless of the mismanagement. In your seat at 7:30 and out by 4:30.... down to the second. Employees only work what is necessary which speaks to the environment. They are a "successful" company, but ask if the employees enjoy their employment.
Pros
its been around since Lincoln
Cons
working there.
Helpdesk Technician (Current Employee) –  Montpelier, VTMay 22, 2018
Vermont Mutual is a great place to work, and for myself has been the best company I have ever worked for. The benefits are great, the environment is very similar to a large family, and the company participates in many charities throughout the year, encouraging its employees to volunteer to make a difference.
Pros
Free Ben & Jerry's in the lounge year-round
Fast paced position with potential to grow your career
Personal Lines Underwriter I (Former Employee) –  Montpelier, VTMay 22, 2018
Personal lines is a good department to be in overall. Hours are reasonable and there is a strong team environment. Management is not trained properly to handle conflict between team members, or issues that come up between underwriters in the department. Overall, this is a great place to work if you want to be an entry level personal lines underwriter. This is a good position for a experienced underwriters as well. Training is great. Management does push you as a new underwriter to meet production expectations but if you stick it out for a few months while you learn to manage your workflows efficiently, eventually you will get the hang of it.
Pros
A lot of overtime offered, flexible work schedule, profit sharing when applicable
Cons
Not a good amount of time off for new hires
A great place to work
Personal Lines Underwriting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montpelier, VTJanuary 23, 2018
A super place to work with management that cares about its employees by providing educational opportunities, great benefits and a collaborative atmosphere.
Pros
Excellent benefits, employee outings, learning opportunities
The people are smart, friendly and have strong work ethic.
Senior Claim Representative (Current Employee) –  Montpelier, VTDecember 8, 2017
Very good Company. Rated A+ and rates very highly with annual Wards studies. The people are smart, friendly and have a strong work ethic. Wished that I had joined them earlier in my insurance claims career. They promote continuing education and allow employees to travel to educational conferences at Company expense.
Pros
Profit-sharing with employees, casual attire, early exit time on Fridays, and free Ben & Jerry's ice cream
Cons
Cannot work remotely outside of the corporate footprint.
Productive and fun place to work.
Executive Assistant - Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Montpelier, VTMarch 18, 2014
Everyday had so much variety, which I loved. I provided confidential administrative support to the VP of Human Resources and assisted new and existing employees with payroll and benefit changes and questions. I also maintained payroll and benefit operations. I assisted in starting the first human resources department with the company and assisted in converting payroll from manual to an automated process.
Pros
A wonderful VP to work with, Variety, and trusted with confidential administrative support.
Na
Server Administrator (Current Employee) –  Montpelier, VTFebruary 24, 2014
The Work/Life balance is the best I have experienced.

If the company does well, you are rewarded for your hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vermont Mutual Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3