Vermont Packinghouse

Vermont Packinghouse Employee Reviews

United States3 reviews
Fast paced work that makes the days go by quick. Have learned a lot about the process and different cuts of meat. In the short time I've been here there have been changes with staff, and it seems to have made a difference for the better. Things that may have happened in the past are not tolerated. The hardest part of the job is when co-workers call out, and most enjoyable is working with my coworkers.
Plant Manager is a joke. Possibly new management coning in the near future which is a bright spot for current employees. Current manager doesn't care about Substance abuse by employees on property and on company time.
A typical day at Vermont Packinghouse was stressful as the person I worked under was a narcissist, moody meanie. Person was unbalanced, would shift from happy to miserable in seconds. And person didn't care what they said or how they treated help.
I learned how to package hams, bacon and sausage. Also, learned how to palletize boxes, label products accurately and proper food handling techniques and procedures.

Management was fair but I feel they were too strict on some things.

There was diversity in the workplace, no discrimination at all.

The hardest part of the job was setting up some of the machinery. Awkward parts and all.

I did enjoy working with some of the people there. As with any work place, you got people that are on a power trip and ones that are not. For the most part, people were friendly and nice.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vermont Packinghouse. Our community is ready to answer.
Vermont Packinghouse Reviews by Job Title