Vernon Heating & Air Conditioning Employee Reviews

never work here
Tech (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 28, 2019
this company makes you worker harder then you ever have does not pay well its like your a robot. It got to a point where i wouldn't see my wife until the weekend. This was a robot job and i am not a robot.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Forced to lie, cheat, and steal from customers.
Commercial HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 16, 2019
They are out to rob customers and sell them something they don't need. Nothing but a bunch of parts changers. The inferiority complex the commercial service manager, whose only management tool is talking louder than you, has trickles down to the other technicians. Accountability and integrity are alien concepts at this place. As soon as you show you know something they do not you will be treated poorly and blamed for things not of your doing.

Do yourself a favor and find another job. If you do go to work here be very sure to get any promises in writing because you will be lied to and forced to lie for them.
BEWARE! Jobs are a Scam, Force You to Take a Pay Cut or Quit
HVAC Tech (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAFebruary 13, 2019
Within a few days of reaching out to Vernon about employment opportunities , I was asked by the Vice President to come in for an interview. Immediately following the interview I was presented with a verbal offer and assured that I could take him at his word. I accepted the offer, we shook hands, and I put in my two weeks notice at my current job at the time.

A week after I started at Vernon I was pulled into a meeting with the VP and Field Supervisor. I was told I could take a $9/hour pay cut or quit. They claimed the pay cut was because I didn’t have enough of my own tools and my skillset wasn’t where they thought it would be. How could they possibly know my full skill set after a week of only PMs?! In additon, I was told several times that I could build up my tool inventory. I even spent a couple hundred dollars a few days before purchasing what I needed to get by. I was also told I could share the more expensive tools with the other technicians since for the first 2-3 years I’d be primarily assisting them on their jobs. Needless to say I quit that day but I couldn’t believe the audacity of these guys.

In hindsight, I realize this was probably their plan all along. Tell a bunch of lies to get people excited enough about working for them to quit their current job and then after a week of employment force them to take a huge pay cut or quit knowing you’re blindsiding them and they can’t go back to their old job. They back you into a corner hoping you’ll back down and take the pay cut.

Fortunately, I was in a position to quit and ended up finding a new job quickly
  more... but not everyone will be that lucky. So before you accept a job with these guys understand that you are a piece of property and you are disposable. They follow no code of ethics, have no professionalism and don’t care what effects these kind of unscrupulous practices have on you and your family.

If after all this you’re still considering working for them, do yourself a favor and get a signed offer letter with your pay rate. They can’t dock your pay if you have a signed contract. My mistake was taking a man at his word.
Fun and growing to company
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAApril 16, 2018
I enjoyed the teamwork and the hours I was given while employed here. Staff members were helpful and encouraging when I needed help. I would recommend to other technicians looking for steady work and pay.
Pros
Plenty of work
Good experience
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 15, 2018
It was a good experience working at Vernon. I was given the opportunity to grow and learn. Hard work was recognized and that goes along way. Pay was fair and everyone worked as a team.
Poor working enviornment
Employee (Former Employee) –  VirginiaApril 12, 2017
Most days are very busy but there is a constant lack of communication between departments which causes a lot of wasted time. Management only talks down to you and in a very unprofessional manner. No matter what work is done, you will be told its not enough and problems will be created if none exist. People are not treated equally, especially the technicians. They are never held accountable for their actions yet blame is placed where it does not belong.
Supervisors are understanding and educated. The overall operations are very disorganized and job security is very low.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VA 20166August 17, 2016
The management was very disorganized which made the work environment very stressful. The possibility of advancement in the business was very unlikely. Many employees left due to poor organization of the over all company.
Pros
employee kitchen
Cons
poor organization
this company sucks
Purchasing and warehouse manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 7, 2016
Terrible people to work for and work with. Its like working with a bunch of teenagers.They will set you up for failure as well as lie about you constantly. Plan on being thrown under the bus on a daily basis from day one. Management is verbally abusive and unprofessional. management are racists.
Pros
Good industry
Cons
very poor managment
Fun Place to work with excellent Customers whom love Vernon
HVAC Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 14, 2014
Advanced my knowledge of HVAC equipment and made lots of friends through the company and its customers. Fun place to work, although job security is not what it may seem to be..
Unstable Business
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 23, 2014
Vernon daily was good however, there wasn't stability. Daily job was confusing as well.