Versant Health
Happiness rating is 50 out of 100

Versant Health Employee Reviews

United States52 reviews

Good but can be better

Good but can be better. You keep work on the same monotony tasks everyday. Feel like nothing new to learn . but there is good workplace culture........

It could be better

Literally the worst place I have ever worked. They cant keep employees in Executive rolls down to customer service. The management team needs to be retrained. They can't keep policies and procedures together constantly changes .The favoritism is awful if you are liked you will thrive .Management is intimidated if you know more than them so act like you know nothing. The only good thing is the job is remote That's it..Run...

Versant Health insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Excellent place to work

I love love love this job, the pay is good, there is room for advancement, my manager and supervisor are very supportive and my teammates are awesome.

Productive and good environment

Flexibility and remote and are constantly learning new things daily. It is a good place to work and are always busy as the organization is growing at a fast pace.

Pros

Regonition incentives

Cons

Pay

Excellent place to work

The company has come a long way and it’s impressive to see a company transform to one that truly accepts responsibility and has created a lot of change. A year ago I would have given it a 3.5 but this year has proven that new leadership practices what they preach!

Busy position with good pay

Abundance of work resulting in overtime and multitasking is a must. Compensation is great along with benefits. Bonus system paid at the end of the year

Pros

Overtime, work from home

Cons

No feeling of accomplishment due to busy workflows

Couldn't Be Happier

Versant Health offers a good balance between challenging work and a relaxed atmosphere. I've had a lot of great bosses in my career, but the one I currently have goes above and beyond. They allow you to use your skills, does not micro manage, but also offers support and candid feedback that allows you to grow.

4 days work

It's an decent Job , a lot of overtime management can be difficult a lot of work long hours poor pay there is a lot of favoritism inside the company

Pros

Cons

Bad management

Absolutely No Help

Worked here in 2019. You receive absolutely NO help. The only help you receive is during training. I honestly wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone. It does seem like a good job at first. But it’s definitely NOT. Don’t waste your time applying unless you seriously seriously need a job.

Couldn't Be Happier

Great Team Work and Manager

I don't know about the other teams but the EDI team in the Linthicum office is really an awesome team to work with.The team works closely together on daily Production and new implementations. Our Director is always there to help and support us (24/7/365). In my entire career, I have never seen such a hard working and humble Manager.Great example of team work.I totally enjoy working at Versant Health due to my Manager and Coworkers.

Pros

Director and Coworkers are super nice

Cons

Compensation

Medium work environment that has potential to enjoy going to work

Typical work day is mostly non-stop with customer calls and very little breaks in between, Management is working to improve member morale but is also has the job to deal with the company growth and not enough members to manage it. The initial hurdles are being able to get the required training information to perform the daily tasks.If you like to work overtime than this is the place for you, all the overtime available that you could want OR ASK FOR (mandatory).

Toxic Work Environment & Terrible leadership

This place lacks communication, lacks training, and accepts verbal abuse to its employees. They have such a high turn over rate, people are leaving left to right, they're being bought and sold while workforce is reducing. They treat you like a sweatshop. If you do great, you rarely get acknowledged, but if you make a mistake, you are poorly treated. No proper mentoring/coaching, no trust, managers do not protect employees. They give you small gifts but it doesn't mean anything when leadership thinks they can treat their employees however they want. A very toxic and dysfunctional work environment. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone and if you did work here, you would only last 3 months to a year the most. This company has potential but it has poor management and leadership. There's lots of favoritism in some depts. Save yourself time and don't work for this unappreciated company.

Pros

Decent pay. Benefits were good

Cons

Terrible management, poor leadership, no opportunity to grow, managers don't care about you, favoritism

The co-workers were second to none.

Versant Health is a great place to work if you are interested in teaching yourself new things and working with an excellent group of people. Everyone there is committed to doing their best and sharing the information needed to get the work done.

Pros

Great co-workers, decent pay, good benefits (particularly vision benefits)

Cons

You will work hard all year long. Work/life balance depends upon your manager/director

Not a good place to work

Company was getting ready to be sold and they were laying off people left and right in the San Antonio office. Management was mediocre and executive team that was there was a total good ol boys club.

customer service

When I first started at the company we were full staffed and the business practices met the mission. However with poor management things declined the company was sold to an investment firm who knows nothing about our business. Our members, providers as well as the call center employees suffered with being over worked and under paid. We are the one of lower paying call centers in our area and no longer receive incentives due to lack of staff as they do not work to retain employees.

Not a great job

They do not promote within. They lay off people lefy and right, and managers do not protect employees!. Management is also quick to change their minds.

Pros

wage and benefits are good.

Cons

Toxic environment!

Good benefits, pays well, poor management

People are not qualified to be managers. “Two many Captains for just one boat” Two many hands in one project. If your boss is in a good mood, you won the lottery, must of the time he comes with an attitude (personal) and your day will be the worst day of your life.

Pros

Great vision insurance

Cons

Worst manager ever

Disrespectful and negative work environment.

The training took place inside of a classroom. One example of an activity included forming groups to draw posters outlining what makes good customer service in our opinions. Then the posters were displayed on a wall so the entire class could compare and contrast them. It was like being in kindergarten.As training progressed and we were put out onto the main floor, new associates were put in an area surrounded by seasoned employees referred to as the Guideline team. As we took live calls, if we needed help we would raise our hand and be approached by one of the Guideline members. One was so continuously rude and belittling to me one morning that I began transferring calls away from me if I didn't understand something instead of raising my hand.A few weeks later after training, I saw the trainer in a hallway. They looked at me, smirked and said "utoh..." The next day I was asked into a room away from the main floor. There I was met with a round table full of management who explained that I was being terminated for transferring the calls away from me a few weeks prior.Just thinking about my five week experience there is angering and I hate reliving these events to share them here. Avoid at all costs.

Pros

Cons

The entire training process, narcissistic management.

Fast paced

There is a lot to learn from the knowledgebases available. It also helps to update them when needed. The team is helpful but busy so it is important that you're able to use your resources.

Culture driven by senior management desire to flip company

private equity owned and driven leadership seeks to flip the company to enrich themselves. they do not care about their associates. they do not even seem to care about the other leaders in the company. is not a company that I can recommend right now...maybe after we change hands

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Versant Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits