Versatile Merchant Solutions Employee Reviews

Great company
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 13, 2019
Great company,offers you a nearly unlimited amount of freedom and flexibility as long as you are able to close sales with small business owners. It is a commission-only position.
was fired for no reason
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJanuary 28, 2019
I was fired simply because Virginia si an at will states, I was never insubordinate, Made sure i had my work done and even stayed late finishing up interviews, There so literally no reason for my termination, and i do not agree with that.
Pros
Fun people, great enironment
Cons
terminated just because.
Great company to work with
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VANovember 26, 2018
Working with Versatile Merchant Solutions has taught me a lot from their sales process to the customer service side of the business. You get the opportunity to work with a great team in a business that is growing rapidly. In my time with the company, I've learned that as long as you're willing to put in the work, you will be rewarded. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Great hours, Competitive pay, Fast paced, Strong Leadership
Cons
If you're a Closer this company pays.
Account Executive/Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 26, 2018
I've been in the Merchant Services industry for 10 years and worked for numerous companies. This is by far the best. They are honest and they pay every time, on time.
I was amazed at the Sales Support. These guys answer the phone immediately and are on their game.
They have streamlined the sales process and training.

With all that said, this is a hard sell. If you're not a Closer you won't make any sales. I'm a Closer and they gave me everything I needed to get the deals done.
Pros
Compensation, Ability to set my own schedule. Training and Support
Cons
It's straight commission sales
Strong leadership but poor training and onboarding process.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 23, 2018
Like the rest of Merchant Services from California there needs to be a base salary and a comprehensive training process. If you are not willing to invest in qualified candidates than you are not also willing to invest in yourself.
Pros
Set my own schedule
Cons
No formal training completely on the job training with lost of trial and error
fast paced goal oriented sales job
Team Lead Sales and Appointment Setting (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 12, 2017
this job isn't for anybody. You are given a script and thrown to the wolves. Iff you have the IT factor you stay if you don't you leave. Pretty much a typical sales job. Cold calling businesses to get them to switch providers for their credit card processing
Pros
fast paced, good hours, decent pay
Cons
quotas, sometimes you feel smarter than management