Verscend Technologies Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Do your job abd stay drama free
Retrieval Agent (Former Employee) –  Draper, UT 84020August 6, 2018
A great place as long as you stay out of drama and work hard. Work is fast paced and can be challenging. They have great benefits, health and days off.
Best Call Center
Records Retrieval Agent (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 9, 2018
I liked working at Verscend. It wasn't too bad once you got the hang of the verbiage and once I got over the fear of talking on the phone all day long. It was hard for me to sit still but it was a fun place to work. They recognized employees all of the time for their hard work, the recognition helped me feel appreciated.
Quick to buy competition then layoff employees
Data Lake (Current Employee) –  Utah County, UTJune 19, 2018
Verscend (financed by Veritas) has been quick to buy other companies but in turn layoff long term hard working employees in the higher pay brackets.

Company says one thing publicly but does another internally.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Management lies
Great Benefits
Record Retrieval Agent Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 7, 2018
There are great benefits at this company, that being said nothing else is worth it. They preach that they are employee oriented but they are not in any sense.
Great job!
Remote HEDIS RN (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMay 18, 2018
There is a lot of flexibility. Great management/leaders. I am able to work independently but am part of a great team. Everyone helps out when needed.
Watch your back with this Sr. Mgt Team
Whipping Boy (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 4, 2018
Don't trust anyone above a Director at this company. Products are below market standard but we tend to believe our internal hype. Offices are still very siloed with competing corporate cultures. SLT just wants to wait it out until they sell the company and cash out - never worked for a company that so blatantly just doesn't give a rip about its people
Pros
salary, healthcare coverage
Cons
Sr. Mgt, toxic environment, poor products
Overall Review
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMay 2, 2018
I was with Verscend for over 8 years, however within that time frame the company was sold 3 times. Many of the most tenured and experienced employees were let go to boost the profits of Verscend. The environment was stressful, however I was fortunate to be part of a dynamic team. It was pretty much impossible to move up in the company and most employees complained of the wages as they were well under what other companies in the region were offering. They did allow me to work from home, and the benefits and PTO were phenomenal.
Benefits
Cons
Underpaid, and undervalued
Good Call Center to Work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ephraim, UTMay 2, 2018
The arm of Verscend that I worked for was a good call center. I worked part time, 20 hours per week, and was given a 401k, paid time off and some other minor insurance benefits. Management really tried to help make the job easier, and other than employees being negative, the job really was pretty easy. If you can be on the phone all day, this is a great place to work. The Ephraim location that I worked at is the best paying job in the area.
Pros
Benefits; free soda in break room; good management team
Cons
Negative employees
Productive and Fun with Drink Machines
RETRIEVAL AGENT 1 (MCG) (Current Employee) –  Ephraim, UTApril 25, 2018
At the begining of the day we would log into our computers and get together with our teams to get an overview of what was happening to our workload, and anything the office needed to spend time on. The best part was being on the computer all day.
Bad Culture & Management - Good Company - Good Benefits
Senior Financial Accountant (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTApril 25, 2018
The culture in the finance team is that people in offices are worth your time and people in cubicals are second class citizens.

Some of the managers are horrible. Not just bad, horrible.

New CFO in late 2017 and he is relaxed but too much so. Wrinkeled jeans and shorts, ect. Brought in his own team and created positions for them rather then promoting from within. He treats them with respect and the rest of us as just that, everyone else that you eventually need to learn their names. Except he knows the name of the people in offices.

HR didn't do anything to help with bad managment except punish those who didn't appreciate it.

The company is good and the benefits are nice. I'm paid super well and have great vacation time but there are others here who have been here longer that aren't paid well. Probably another an office/cube thing.
Pros
General company pays well half of the time and has good benefits.
Cons
Worst managers ever. Disrespectful leadership.
Calm place to work
Record Retrieval Agent (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTApril 17, 2018
Easy calm days, nice management, good benefits, but little upward movement available. The hardest part of the job is remembering all of the information that must be covered to maintain information security.
Great company, Great people
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTApril 17, 2018
Training is thorough, team leads and supervisors are helpful. Great benefits. Great hours. Free lunches every Wednesdays. Tuition reimbursement. PTO and paid holidays.
Fast Paced, High Stress, Low Pay
Remote EMR Record Retrieval Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTApril 7, 2018
This used to be an fun, fast paced, low stress job. Slowly as the company changed from Verisk to Verscend things started getting bad. Policies were constantly changing, while most of the benefits stayed the same they're starting to get more expensive. Leadership consisted of people with no management experience, with the exception of Ops. Managers. People with several years of management experience, some with 13+, were getting passed over because instead of treating everybody with kid gloves they straight up told coworkers what the problem was and gave solutions to fix it and told them to ask for help if needed. This caused people to go to HR because somebody was being honest with them instead of just saying they're doing a great job. While I strive for a job with some pressure on me I also don't want so much pressure that I feel like I have the world on my shoulders because I can't get a contact to answer their phone when management has questions that only that contact can answer. Most agents that are not in the call center but still in a position that deals with phone calls end up with a lot of overtime to keep leadership happy on getting every single record, even if it means spending next to no time at home with family/loved ones.
Pros
Free soda, free lunch on Wednesdays, awesome co-workers
Cons
Leadership was mostly newbies, almost never put people with management experience in leadership roles
All around great place
TEMP HR ADMIN (Current Employee) –  DraperApril 4, 2018
Co-workers are great! Work environment is great! Definitely room for growth. Provide detailed training both on and off the call floor. Management was accessible.
Pros
Laid back work environment
Managemnt
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 29, 2018
Upper management are very transparent with their goals. They love to promote within and have career advancement opportunities throughout the organization.
Terrible to work for
MIPS Agent (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 28, 2018
When I left they refused to give me my bonus I earned during the time I worked there. There was no room to move up and I got tired of never being recognized for my work. I finally was and they took that away because I was offered a better paying position.
Great culture, many company perks, great benefits
Level 4 Retrieval Agent (Current Employee) –  Ephraim, UTMarch 10, 2018
The job requires excellent phone and typing skills. I learned to better manage my time, and gained a lot of experience using Excel. The company encourages collaboration, but it is still an area that needs some work. That said, management takes collaboration seriously and is making an effort to correct areas where it's lacking.
Pros
Free lunch on Wednesday. Free soda/fruit drinks, coffees and hot chocolates every day.
Cons
Extremely strict adherence program
fun place to work
Records Retrieval Agent (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 1, 2018
It is nice that you do not have to take inbound calls unless you are on that team. The people are nice. Repetitive work but it is easy going. Would have never left if it paid a bit more.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
short breaks
Outstanding employees
Content Analyst - Payment Accuracy Division (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 13, 2018
Verscend is a medium size company but with many smaller offices throughout the country and overseas. The office I was associates was under 100 employees. The vast majority were highly motivated, responsive to client's needs and focused on getting the job done right.
Pros
Free snacks, casual dress
Cons
vacation time off
Excellent place to work if they had better team leads.
Healthcare (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 27, 2018
Poor management. Give too much power to the team leads. Some team leads get irritated if you challenge what your being told even if your right. Team leads are not held to the same attendance accountability. Your not allowed to have your phone's but team leads are and they can listen to music or text or do whatever. LIKE THEY CANT CAPTURE CLIENTS INFORMATION.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Management.