Vertafore Employee Reviews

Great benefits, but still settling on procedure
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 12, 2018
The past year has seen constant changes to procedures and processes that causes trouble and slowdown every sprint. That doesn't look like they've settled on an answer anytime soon.
Great Place to Work
Customer Support Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 18, 2018
Support managers know: take care of your employees and they'll take care of your customers. Helpful, friendly, actively work to assist with our career goals. Team mates exhibit great camaraderie. There's also Ping Pong, comfortable lunch and break areas, and don't forget beer on tap (that's judiciously offered at appropriate times with executive sponsored happy hours)!
Typical day at work
Project Manager II (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 4, 2018
Review current project status, make sure that we are on track with the timeline provided.
Call clients and discuss project and check to see if there is anything I can help with.
Update timeline.
Pros
Develope good rapor with the client
Cons
too many phone calls
It has potential
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Deerfield BeachAugust 17, 2018
This company has the potential to be great. There are many benefits and you can see that the leadership cares and is trying.

I think that there are too many heads though and the top doesn't know what's going on at the bottom. The bottom level employees had low morale as a result.

I expect in 5 years they may turn this all around.
Pros
Employee engagement activities
Cons
Poor management
Disappointed with Company decisions and vision
Operations (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAAugust 14, 2018
Having worked for Vertafore for nearly 10 years, the last 2-3 years really took a turn for the worse. Leadership and new company owners decided to lay off hundreds of employees who had the knowledge to keep our customers happy and truly were the heart of the company. Once all of the employees who were laid off were no longer there, many of the other dedicated employees also jumped ship due to everything around them crumbling. It was such a huge mistake for it all to happen the way it did!
Pros
Vertafore was once a great company
Cons
Too many uneducated decisions were made
Great workplace, until they relocated and stopped all services
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJuly 26, 2018
The Bothell location was once a great place to work...3 floors of employees, a Cafe Ladro brand espresso bar, free sodas and drinks on every floor, and ping pong on the main floor. Once the company decided to relocate 500 jobs to Colorado, most of these services (including the espresso bar) were stopped.
The company culture itself was not friendly toward the employee; little training, advancement opportunities, and poor management.
Good Place to Work
National Account Executive (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJune 19, 2018
Vertafore is a good place to work and has flexability in your work schedule. The people that I was able to work with are awsome. I had a lot of oportunity to make my number for the year.
Shovel the garbage faster
Garbage Collector (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 14, 2018
Dumpster fire alert, company is not honest and has serious issues. Can’t keep their products working thus customers are angry at you all the time. Unless you have a 6 digit offer, don’t consider the lies they tell.
Pros
Incompetence and the smell of burning garbage
Cons
You love the way you smell I guarantee it
Innovative and Desirable Place to Work
Manager, Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 1, 2018
An innovative company that is constantly improving their product. Great work/life balance and culture. Abundant advancement opportunities at this time.
Indecisive about their future -
TRAINING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAApril 13, 2018
Had an interesting job, challenging and really good co-workers. The company did not develop new products quickly, instead relied on purchasing platforms and incorporating into existing software. When it was time to make major changes they moved the company, released all existing knowledge of the past and started fresh.
Ok
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 20, 2018
Good employer but no work-life balance at all. Excellent experience and generally a nice place other than the hours I had to work. I would recommend Vertafore as long as you are not in the Finance group.
Venture Capital firms gut the company on regular basis
DIRECTOR OF QUALITY ASSURANCE (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAMarch 18, 2018
The company goes through cycles of being bought by a new Venture Capital form, layoffs, build back up and then sell again. Very stressful on management to build people up and then to have layoffs.
Work Hard and Play Hard
SOFTWARE ENGINEER I (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIMarch 15, 2018
Vertafore was a great experience for me. I had fantastic teammates who really made the job worth coming to work each day. The culture is fun and relaxed. The company does a lot of employee activities like free lunches, ice cream socials, volunteering, etc. There are also some great perks. There is a great deal of room to enhance technical skills and learn new technologies. Management is ok, with the exception of Human Resources...don't expect them to actually care about the humans and you're just fine. Overall it was a good experience and I would recommend working here.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers, free snacks and soft drinks
Cons
Hr, low pay
Upper Management Chaos
Professional Services (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAMarch 14, 2018
Great people to work with, great products. Upper management places more emphasis on their own agenda instead of the customer's satisfaction. Good benefits and some opportunity for advancement.
Pros
People
Cons
Uncertain future
Great co-workers; Poor management
Training Consultant, Professional Services (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAFebruary 26, 2018
I loved working with my co-workers and our agencies.
I never successfully moved to a new role within the company, although I applied for several. It was almost impossible to be promoted to a more senior title, since management could not come up with concrete objectives for attaining the next step.
I hope that this new management assists the current employees with better, achievable career path goals.
Pros
the people
Cons
silo-ed departments, working in factory assembly-line fashion
Na
Senior Product Management (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAFebruary 13, 2018
No insight from the new Vertafore angle. I will share that starting at the top there is a leadership problem. After going through three different VP's while I was there- it seemed likely we would never actually get to meaningful innovation for customers. Very little growth/empowerment. Wish the old timers, the brand and the customers all the best.
Too bad they moved
Senior Quality Assurance Tester/Development (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAFebruary 9, 2018
I loved my job, manager, and co-workers at Vertafore. The environment was friendly, collaborative, and comfortable. Unfortunately they closed the California office.
Was a good place to work, but little room for growth
LRS Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 7, 2018
Vertafore was a good place to get started after graduating from College. The environment was ideal for learning how to navigate the 'real world' while developing skills that have been critical since my departure. My coworkers were by far the best part of working at Vertafore, and my managers were amazing. However, the upper management felt wishy-washy, with multiple replacements in my short tenure.
Pros
3 weeks PTO, flexible scheduling, good coworkers
Cons
Leadership is constantly under new management, and company is going through a lot of changes.
Questionable decisions...
Sr. Revenue Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJanuary 29, 2018
Moving to Denver because the new CEO lives there and some tax benefits? Massive loss of institutional knowledge that will take years to reproduce - especially by hiring cheap EIC folks who will likely have high turnover.
It was a nice place to work
Executive Assistance (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 10, 2018
I worked with the best team ever at Vertafore.

New Higher Management is concentrated on money ... new higher are all young.

I was very happy at Vertafore until the new Management. Your age definitely matters.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vertafore. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight