Vertafore Employee Reviews

Shovel the garbage faster
Garbage Collector (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 14, 2018
Dumpster fire alert, company is not honest and has serious issues. Can’t keep their products working thus customers are angry at you all the time. Unless you have a 6 digit offer, don’t consider the lies they tell.
Pros
Incompetence and the smell of burning garbage
Cons
You love the way you smell I guarantee it
Innovative and Desirable Place to Work
Manager, Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 1, 2018
An innovative company that is constantly improving their product. Great work/life balance and culture. Abundant advancement opportunities at this time.
Indecisive about their future -
TRAINING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAApril 13, 2018
Had an interesting job, challenging and really good co-workers. The company did not develop new products quickly, instead relied on purchasing platforms and incorporating into existing software. When it was time to make major changes they moved the company, released all existing knowledge of the past and started fresh.
Ok
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 20, 2018
Good employer but no work-life balance at all. Excellent experience and generally a nice place other than the hours I had to work. I would recommend Vertafore as long as you are not in the Finance group.
Venture Capital firms gut the company on regular basis
DIRECTOR OF QUALITY ASSURANCE (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAMarch 18, 2018
The company goes through cycles of being bought by a new Venture Capital form, layoffs, build back up and then sell again. Very stressful on management to build people up and then to have layoffs.
Work Hard and Play Hard
SOFTWARE ENGINEER I (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIMarch 15, 2018
Vertafore was a great experience for me. I had fantastic teammates who really made the job worth coming to work each day. The culture is fun and relaxed. The company does a lot of employee activities like free lunches, ice cream socials, volunteering, etc. There are also some great perks. There is a great deal of room to enhance technical skills and learn new technologies. Management is ok, with the exception of Human Resources...don't expect them to actually care about the humans and you're just fine. Overall it was a good experience and I would recommend working here.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers, free snacks and soft drinks
Cons
Hr, low pay
Upper Management Chaos
Professional Services (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAMarch 14, 2018
Great people to work with, great products. Upper management places more emphasis on their own agenda instead of the customer's satisfaction. Good benefits and some opportunity for advancement.
Pros
People
Cons
Uncertain future
Great co-workers; Poor management
Training Consultant, Professional Services (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAFebruary 26, 2018
I loved working with my co-workers and our agencies.
I never successfully moved to a new role within the company, although I applied for several. It was almost impossible to be promoted to a more senior title, since management could not come up with concrete objectives for attaining the next step.
I hope that this new management assists the current employees with better, achievable career path goals.
Pros
the people
Cons
silo-ed departments, working in factory assembly-line fashion
Na
Senior Product Management (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAFebruary 13, 2018
No insight from the new Vertafore angle. I will share that starting at the top there is a leadership problem. After going through three different VP's while I was there- it seemed likely we would never actually get to meaningful innovation for customers. Very little growth/empowerment. Wish the old timers, the brand and the customers all the best.
Too bad they moved
Senior Quality Assurance Tester/Development (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAFebruary 9, 2018
I loved my job, manager, and co-workers at Vertafore. The environment was friendly, collaborative, and comfortable. Unfortunately they closed the California office.
Was a good place to work, but little room for growth
LRS Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 7, 2018
Vertafore was a good place to get started after graduating from College. The environment was ideal for learning how to navigate the 'real world' while developing skills that have been critical since my departure. My coworkers were by far the best part of working at Vertafore, and my managers were amazing. However, the upper management felt wishy-washy, with multiple replacements in my short tenure.
Pros
3 weeks PTO, flexible scheduling, good coworkers
Cons
Leadership is constantly under new management, and company is going through a lot of changes.
Questionable decisions...
Sr. Revenue Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJanuary 29, 2018
Moving to Denver because the new CEO lives there and some tax benefits? Massive loss of institutional knowledge that will take years to reproduce - especially by hiring cheap EIC folks who will likely have high turnover.
It was a nice place to work
Executive Assistance (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 10, 2018
I worked with the best team ever at Vertafore.

New Higher Management is concentrated on money ... new higher are all young.

I was very happy at Vertafore until the new Management. Your age definitely matters.
My manager was very good but upper managment was poor
Insurance Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 5, 2018
Good coworkers and customers but was unhappy with the lack of honesty to the customer at times. Training was not done with the new employees and customers best interest taken into consideration.
Pros
Free lunches on occasion
Cons
Retirement plan was not as good as other companies
Must pass assessment without actual customer exposure
Technical Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 31, 2017
I loved working at Vertafore, the employees and the culture.

Management is the most supportive I have encountered. They are actually interested in each employees success.

However, they require one passes an assessment test before actually getting customer exposure which may not reflect a person's ability to perform a job accurately.
Pros
Great work place and people
Cons
Testing
Vertifore
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 22, 2017
What can you say about a company that sets people up to fail. I was asked to compile 4 huge reports a day, be the lead for the desk, the Lea son between Verifore and the 3 background vendors they used, and still take over 40 calls from clients a day
Ever changing environment
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WADecember 20, 2017
New owners and new headquarters. Many new hires. Promotes work life balance. Good organization, ever changing environment, smart people, customer focused.
Na
QA Technician/Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Suisun CANovember 23, 2017
Normal Job, very typical work environment, learned basic QA, and QA methodologies, work hours from 830-5, only thing stressful was software release days.
Transition
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 22, 2017
The company's in transition and changes but the execution lacks in cohesiveness. Some people are unwilling to work with others, or make insensitive comments. Certain executives are unreliable. There's promise for some, but it isn't for everyone.
Indy office is shutting down
Senior Licensing & Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 19, 2017
I enjoyed working for Vertafore, but the Indy location is being shut down permanently. The department I worked for has been moved to their Michigan office.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vertafore. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight