Vertava Health

Vertava Health Employee Reviews

United States94 reviews

addictioncampuspatienthealthcarefacilitysupportivehelping

Practice self care

Not a bad place to work. Good for experience and learning about addiction. Compensation not bad but benefits not great. Enjoyed working with the clients and learning about dual diagnosis and trauma

Cares more about money then does patients

This company is nothing but a money hungry corporation. So many people come and go. It doesn’t matter how patients feel as long as they get the money from them. Staff snitches on other staff. There is absolutely NO loyalty within this company.

Vertava Health insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Overnight shift not for me

I worked here for a bit on the 7-7 overnight shift everyone be so tired too sleepy to drive home sometimes. They talk about how more people used to work there before but don’t work there no more. Everybody sleep and take naps when they needed gettin through the night but you got in trouble if you didn’t wake up and track the residents in time. Only thing I liked was watching tv and playing games in the dorm tv room and three days off.

Vertava Health management could have been more hands on with their staff who ran the whole facility with no security and minimal issues.

I loved working here, there was just not enough effective communication nor security for the employees who worked overnight, especially the women. I loved my patients.

Pros

Free lunch during training, Early pay options for employees, a breath taking view.

Cons

Good benefits for full time employees, Short lunch breaks.s

Chaotic and unprofessional

Upper management lacks professionalism in every sense of the word. There should be an on-site HR professional. The leaders who run this place have no clue how to handle employees in a non-biased way and continue to make promises they cannot keep with pay rates and the like. A local HR professional would assist this company in actually adhering to local laws. But more than anything else, local HR would also be apt to assist leadership in hiring as well as much needed PIP instead of delegating inappropriate tasks to folks who are not qualified or knowledgeable on said issues! There are some wonderful people in all departments that keep this place afloat. However, management is very quick to turn a blind eye to really bad employees as long as those people show up every day and smile at the right person. I have witnessed some really inappropriate conversations between patients and staff. Even worse, some RS have no experience in recovery and are actively intolerant toward patients and have questionable beliefs about people in recovery. This is unacceptable. It is my hunch that keeping quality staff at the Cummington location is hard. Vertava has a history of mismanaging people, especially those in housekeeping and RS at this location. Nobody wants to stay at Vertava for very long unless they are exceptionally loyal, happy to slack off and just not be fired, or are being paid very generously. Overall the atmosphere feels disorganized. Some people go above and beyond and some folks basically ride off the coattails of others. Luckily, counselors have it better, since leadership -

Your day depends on the day

I had no proper training at all. Your day strongly depends on the day. There is no happy medium. Management rewards horrible employees and runs the good employees out. So if your a hard worker and want to advance in your career Vertava is not for you.

Focus on the residents

Family vibe friendly and focused with the residents placed number one in the process. Focused on updating and maintaining standards above the competition a real heart for the residents and the community and amazing general service. Great food clean environment and always motivated to make it a better place to stay. Work or recover come be a part of our family and friends and watch us grow.

Pros

Atmosphere and staff

Cons

Personally I love the place however sometimes someone can always find something

Rewarding Place to work

I love being able to be a part of changing a life. Helping to provide patients with quality care, and being involved with a team that makes this possible is extremely rewarding.

Pros

Impactful work, encourages a growth mindset

Cons

None at this time

Enjoy doing meaningful work

I've been with Vertava Health for almost 2 years and I still wake up every morning wanting to go to work. It's incredibly rewarding to know that the work I'm doing is helping people get the care they need and deserve. Additionally, everyone here truly cares about our patients (and our alumni!). We never talk in numbers or dollars - it's always about PEOPLE and how we can serve them. I've had the pleasure of visiting our locations and they are beautiful, well-maintained, and staffed with wonderful people who have huge hearts. It makes me proud to work for Vertava Health.

Pros

Great work/life balance, supportive leadership, excellent teams

Cons

Would love to see better benefits, especially retirement. Communication needs improvement internally.

Productive and fun workplace!

The management team and coworkers are the absolute best to work with!! This team cares, supports and provides resources to their staff and every patient that comes through their doors! Fun and friendly work atmosphere! Hands down one of the best places to work!

Caring and Mission Driven

The Vertava Health team is driven to make a difference. I feel supported every day at work. Even when I have difficult days, I feel I can talk through them with my leaders and there is no judgement. This is a great place to work to help save lives and make a difference for those suffering from drug and alcohol addiction.

Room for growth and a positive work environment!

I've been with Vertava Health for going on five years now. I've been in multiple job roles as the company is always promoting growth from within. I've had supportive guidance from every manager that I've worked under and was trained sufficiently. I want to note that I am a single parent and Vertava Health has always worked with me around being available for my child when needed! I highly recommend applying!

Pros

Positive guidance and work environment.

Saving and Changing Lives

I've been with the facility for, collectively, approximately 6 years. I began as a nurse and now work in Business Development. This company has a true passion for helping those in need. Vertava Health in Scurry, TX is like going to work with family. Most of us grew up around the area so our roots run deep. Work is very well compensated for and it is nice not having to drive all the way to Dallas for that pay. Every day is a new day to save a life!

Pros

Close to home, no traffic, flexible shifts/hours, great pay, benefits, Pto, room for advancement.

Cons

Moderate turn-over rate

I am extremely happy working at Vertava Health

I have been working for this company for the past 6 1/2 years. The length of time i am with the company I have been given many opportunities to move up. I currently on my 6th promotion within the company.

Good Place To Work

Working here I got to see a lot of different people that need help and hear their story. That was my favorite part about it. I enjoyed talking to them and being their Dietary Aide.

Pros

Helping Others

Cons

Management in some parts have favoritism.

Adminstration and Micro Manager

Was great when it was Turning Point now run by clueless Admistration and higj turnover of all heads of departments and all staff. DON is a fill in and is a micr-manager witj ridiculous demands on nursing

Pros

Some good people

Cons

Numbers driven, management, pay, insurance a joke with $6'500 deductible

I’m happy here

No company is perfect and Vertava Health certainly isn’t the first, but I can honestly say it’s as close as I’ve ever seen a company get. Everyone here truly cares about the work we get to do and you can see and feel it at every level of the organization. It makes it a very comfortable place to be.

Pros

Great people. Great purpose.

Cons

Benefits aren’t great.

Toxic work environment with high turnover rates and constant lay-offs.

Where to begin.. I was a 4 year employee with this company and I can't urge job seekers in this field enough.. STAY AWAY! Throughout my time with Vertava Health, formerly known as Addiction Campuses, I have been through multiple lay off situations and hour cuts. Some of those being during the winter holiday season (which is tragic for most families). Job security is not a guarantee here and management could care less.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Silo style management / toxic work environment

Challenging workplace, management is not supportive, patient care is decent, money is great, staff care and support is awful.

This place is a revolving door. They cannot keep staff on any shift. The management team is rude, they are not helpful, and they only care about money. Patient care is decent, there are still quiet a few talented staff around that would do anything for them. But staff care is non existent. I have been threatened to be fired, told I didn’t have to work there, and ignored when safety issues were discussed. The Management team only cares about money. They will keep staff in unsafe situations or conditions just to make a dollar.

Nonproductive. Physician lead. Micromanaging of mid levels. Poor communication

Doesn’t allow autonomy for mid levels. Salary employees are used for filling in vacant positions without compensation. Corporate lacks insight of the overall flow of the campus. Employee experience not valued. Working with patients is the only rewarding part of the job. Constant change in leadership.

Pros

Working with patients who are grateful for your help

Cons

Lack of autonomy, overworked, lack of respect by physicians

Not productive, lack strategy, insight, expertise and execution of territory planning, account management, teamwork, and results

If you value true teamwork, working in: a productive inclusive environment, challenging yet working within well-executed sales territories with at least basic marketing plans/strategy. Autonomous, but where feedback is actually put to use. You will no doubt struggle here. You will be expected to join morning calls, each day to listen to what everybody is going to do and just did. While a few nuggets can be gained it's more exhausting than it is inspiring or enlightening. It's not the place to discuss problems, issues, provide any depth into your territory. Not only that, redundant to logging literally every activity in sales force. This is their sales strategy. Seriously! and that is basically it. There is almost no time spent on coordinating efforts, removing barriers, strategizing accounts, using what info is being found out to re-group or redirect. Problems go unresolved, ideas are acknowledged, nothing is done about it. Basic things are not provided. Territories are not WELL mapped up if at all, internal systems are not assigned Basically, the direction is call on everything. Even if you have industry knowledge or a book of business, you will struggle with poor internal systems, the lack of transparency with intake and how referrals are assigned. They seem to hire a bunch of people. Everything is directed towards The Group, mass communication and very little attention paid to local areas/territories, account development. Most territories have little to no business and with this strategy or lack thereof, so much time is wasted. Exhausted by the lack -

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

management has little insight into territories or accounts, problems go unresolved, numbers vs strategy

Common questions about Vertava Health

Answered by current and former employees at Vertava Health

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vertava Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight