Vertex Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Larger Corporate Company With Normal Egos/Politics
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 28, 2018
Overall, the company is fine..

There are three main product divisions within the company, and the one I am in is treated like an outsider. Management in my group feel that they have something to prove, and so bold decisions are made and short timelines breed an atmosphere of bad code/bugs/heartache.

Pros:
Coworkers are awesome people
Stability of a larger organization
Always work to do
Occasional free food

Cons:
Culture is very old-school corporate
New headquarters building isn't designed well for finding people/meeting rooms
Management (in our group) treats contracted employees better than actual employees
Management says we are agile, but we only borrow a few terms (sprint, definition of done, etc.)
Management is hesitant to admit fault
Network Architecture/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 30, 2018
It was a great place to work and salary was good too. Nice friendly management and good team to work with. I would highly recommend this place for other as well.
Best place
Product Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAMarch 11, 2018
If you can get in there, do it. You will be set for life with this company!! Great company, culture, flexible hours, and incredibly caring employees in Berwyn, PA.
Collaboration is great
Test Engineer II (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 25, 2018
The work is steady and communication between co-workers is above average. Anyone on your team will help and you can assist anyone in need.

Work included creating unit tests for current code, creating/running automation scripts for weekly builds, running monthly automation builds that is released to customers.
Pros
Work culture / home culture well balanced
stressfful
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAJanuary 7, 2018
very stressful job poor management and they were were your shoulder all day Long. there was no team players no was ever willing to help you out,there was alot of turnover at the job
Productive and fun workplace
Tax Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 1, 2018
Although office politics existed, there was still a nice atmosphere of cooperation and fun. Work got done and done well. There was never any hard work and the most enjoyable parts of my work were everything. I was very sad to have been among the 100+ laid off.
Pros
Work/Life flexability
Cons
Office politics/clicks
Great atmosphere, love working with people. I will like to be hired again.
Office Assistant/ Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CADecember 4, 2017
Vertex is a great company to work for. It has a great ambience. I love to work for them again. The company is nice, there is always room for advacement. For those who want to succeed in the company.
Pros
Paid time off. Great working atmosphere
Cons
Long Commute, poor health benefits
Well Balanced Work Place
Specialist-Associate (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 20, 2017
Great place for anyone to work and once you get the hand of the monthly procedure the work gets easier to a degree. Career Advancement and a feeling of complacency could use some improvement.
Wonderful owners. Great place to work but job security iffy
Sr. Technical Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 2, 2017
Best job I ever had. Owners are wonderful people, kind and thoughtful. Main office in PA very secure, but be careful on the Income Tax side. Iffy job security.
Collaborative, structured, positive work environment
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 25, 2017
Days were structured for most part. Workplace culture was basicially supportive, team-like, and positive, but little direct feedback from mgmnt to help shape and direct performace. It could be a wonderful place to work, if personnel were managed more effectively and held more accountable for their conduct and actions.
Pros
Upbeat, positive culture, employees cared well for
Cons
Accountability and fairness for all employees.
Poor
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PASeptember 24, 2017
There is an disparity between the articulated culture and the reality. The HR department lacks credibility and advocacy of employee process and programs. Frequently, people with no knowledge of SME areas are given full reign to manage and direct work for those areas, for example IT professionals directing and creating organization structure - or OD Leaders directing Sales work. It is a very unhealthy place to work. Disengagement is high.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
Toxic environment
great company
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PASeptember 6, 2017
great company to work for. I Was hired for a position that I thought would work well, but didn't end up being a great fit for me. No fault of the company, it just wasn't a good fit. Truly a great company and work environment.
A great place to work
ECMO Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PAAugust 15, 2017
Very Productive and a great place to work. Very relaxed atmosphere. I have learned the Vertex O'Series system. The most enjoyable part of my job is the team I work with . I could not ask for a better team.

I have learned that the management team here takes great pride in their employees.
Pros
Flextime
great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEFebruary 26, 2017
recremen to purse career with vertex amazing company and great employees and team working crew provides health and life insurance good career to grow and be part of
Great work/life balance but relatively flat
TAX DATA ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Chesterbrook, PAFebruary 19, 2017
Great work/life balance but little to no room for advancement across most of the organization. Good benefits, good people, but slow decision making, poor management and guidance.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Slow decision making
Software manufacturer that misses the target
Senior Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 14, 2017
This software manufacturer has the opportunity to shine and become a leader. Quality of a product is developed through attitude of those who manufacture it. Quality should be developed through attitude and improved processes and procedures backed with facts from measurement. From management to "mail clerk", "quality" is an attitude. Discussion of developing a quality product, measuring the processes it takes to develop such a product and making changes to correct and improve processes are minimal.
Pros
Income, benefits, including vacation time are exceptional
Cons
Changes to improve processes are very, very slow
Good Company and People, Strong VVM
Lead Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 2, 2017
The company has what I believe to be is an excellent Vision, Values and Mission. They are challenging and people work hard to attain them and live by them. It is a tough market that Vertex competes in and challenges abound. With that, so does opportunity.
Pros
Opportunity to grow, benefits, people
Cons
Model of "inclusion" means decisions/results sometimes take longer in order to obtain consensus.
This is the BEST company I have ever worked for.
In-bound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAJanuary 31, 2017
From front-to-back. There is no other company like this one! From the corporate culture to the people that I worked with; the organization has no equal!
Pros
free softdrinks, flex schedules
Cons
Challenging work and excellent benefits
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 13, 2016
Vertex, Inc. is among the best companies with which to work. Respect and dignity are built into their culture. An employee is free to challenge his/her self as much as they like.
Pros
great work
Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 4, 2016
Many assignments with multiple clients
Great travel opportunities
Multiple BA and QA positions
Worked with wonderful people and clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vertex Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight