Vertex Employee Reviews

these reveiws are for several different companies
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MAOctober 5, 2018
The VERTEX Companies, Inc is a great company. Lots of opportunity and coworkers/managers that work hard and support each other. Looking forward to being at The VERTEX Comapnies, Inc for many years to come
Pros
Lots of opportunity
Clerk / Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2018
As job scope required by Houston office the projects were productive and safe. Changing from day after day the job set new challenges on a daily basis dealing with environmental adverse conditions.
Micro Management
Fleet Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 9, 2018
Micro Management, under paid. Do not take care of employees, benefits always get messed up. Managers micro manager and do not listen to employees or work with the employees.
Not an easy place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEAugust 9, 2018
It's a good job to have. I wouldn't necessarily recommend working there. The pay isn't enough for the work that you have to do. The hardest part of the job is being called names by angry customers.
Pros
30 minutes breaks
Cons
Angry customers, low pay, not flexible
Call Center
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAJune 5, 2018
Answer inbound calls and handle billing/order issues. Shift changes every week. Sometimes had to work Saturdays. Lots of turnover as low performing workers are let go and new ones are hired.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Low pay, Benefits are not great
Great first job in construction.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 5, 2018
I learned a lot and appreciate the time I had there. Wouldn’t mind working for them again. I made a lot of connections with other workers on the site. My managers knew I was new to the type of work but they always had time to explain something to me and they trusted me which I really liked.
very fast paced but not always well trained
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJune 1, 2018
the first few months were okay, good training, people you could count on to answer questions were by your side within seconds. The last month was terrible, was told to use our resources and the main resource was the one that we needed more training on
Pros
great benefits package
Cons
not a consistent set of training for new clientele
Do not work in accounting!!!
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAJune 1, 2018
No need for long drawn out review here. This company is horrible. Full of Nepotism. There is serious lack of training and direction and they can't understand why the turn over in accounting is so high.
Provided me with a good opportunity
Networking Technician (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLMay 29, 2018
It provided me with a new opportunity and open new doors for me, however my objective is a more secure job. Because I have people relying on me. This job provides more security and comes with many benefits that help me in my daily life.
Pros
Work life balance, training with new system
Cons
no job security, no health benefits
Great pay rate
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAMay 29, 2018
Answering phones call for customer that have gas through Columbia Gas. Competitive pay rate and excellent benefits and discount programs through different companies.
Pros
Friendly people, Pto
Cons
Not much room for advancement
stressful gas company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAMay 21, 2018
stressful you on phone without full and proper knowledge
about gas accounts
not good
not knowing fully about account in different states
probably leaving
Pros
I did have a job and my manager
Cons
not having full training and knowledge
fun place
Civil Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 16, 2018
people are friendly, and free atmosphere, a good place to work, and I was paid fairly as an intern, the work was not stressful, and people care about their collegeaue
I liked it!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAMarch 25, 2018
Did't work for very long because the company was bought out by Nisource. And the people changed they released a lot of people that weren't gonna be hired with Nisource.
Pros
not much
Cons
not much
It was nice working at Vertex
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 1, 2018
I worked doing collections on different accounts. Some days I would work auto collections and other days there would be utility collection accounts to work.
beginner job
team manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJanuary 29, 2018
not something i would recommend a career out of if you cannot get upper management. pay is low for the are and benafits are very expensive. a great starter job
Repairing flight controls
Component Overhaul Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSJanuary 25, 2018
Inspect, remove rivets, remove hardware, inspect parts removed, order new parts, place the flight control in a holding fixture, assemble in reinstall rivets and hardware as required.
Pros
Great coworks
Cons
Management did not interact with employees
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 5, 2018
They are okay and they are not here in indianapolis. You are selling the company because they are competing with other gas companies in Atlanta Georgia and.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
it was a great place to work, haven't been there in a while
Global Head, Epidemiology and Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 16, 2017
it was a great place to work but I haven't worked there in many years and there has been turnover throughout the organization so I can't honestly comment on it
Vertex/ RCH Cable
Field Collecting/ Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Berlin, CTNovember 1, 2017
flexible hours work as much as you want
make as much as you want
no benefits
use your on care
hard work in the winter
management is not to bad
HR is hard to get a hold of
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
no benefits and you have to use your own car
Helping people at breakneck speeds
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 20, 2017
Paid beyond well for being on the phone all day. Lots of meetings and extremely long, frequent coaching sessions combined with a high workload makes for a longer than normal day. Great benefits, including a variety of commuter options. It felt good to help people in an under served population, just draining after a while to keep up with everything as case managers where being constantly overloaded with expansions and new initiatives. The people there are truly one of a kind with big hearts and a strong work ethic, and the company provides incentive to reward that hard work. Management was wonderful and truly invested in the betterment of employees through development opportunities like promotions and rotations.
Pros
Development opportunities, good friends, great benefits, high pay, work hard/play hard attitude
Cons
Exhausting coaching sessions, you feel like a robot after a while, work hard/play hard attitude, highly emotional, too much going on at one time