Vertex Employee Reviews

these reveiws are for several different companies
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MAOctober 5, 2018
The VERTEX Companies, Inc is a great company. Lots of opportunity and coworkers/managers that work hard and support each other. Looking forward to being at The VERTEX Comapnies, Inc for many years to come
Pros
Lots of opportunity
Outsourced. Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 16, 2018
There are certain challenges working as an outsource employee and not direct employee. Be careful about employee who try to go around office collecting money for a specific employee.
Not an easy place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEAugust 9, 2018
It's a good job to have. I wouldn't necessarily recommend working there. The pay isn't enough for the work that you have to do. The hardest part of the job is being called names by angry customers.
Pros
30 minutes breaks
Cons
Angry customers, low pay, not flexible
Not a great job to work.
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Different locations in NYCNovember 13, 2018
No room for growth . Will be underpaid . Lack of supervision and management . Poor safety equipment was provided. Hours of work were very short resulting in low income
very fast paced but not always well trained
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJune 1, 2018
the first few months were okay, good training, people you could count on to answer questions were by your side within seconds. The last month was terrible, was told to use our resources and the main resource was the one that we needed more training on
Pros
great benefits package
Cons
not a consistent set of training for new clientele
Clerk / Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2018
As job scope required by Houston office the projects were productive and safe. Changing from day after day the job set new challenges on a daily basis dealing with environmental adverse conditions.
Provided me with a good opportunity
Networking Technician (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLMay 29, 2018
It provided me with a new opportunity and open new doors for me, however my objective is a more secure job. Because I have people relying on me. This job provides more security and comes with many benefits that help me in my daily life.
Pros
Work life balance, training with new system
Cons
no job security, no health benefits
Great first job in construction.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 5, 2018
I learned a lot and appreciate the time I had there. Wouldn’t mind working for them again. I made a lot of connections with other workers on the site. My managers knew I was new to the type of work but they always had time to explain something to me and they trusted me which I really liked.
Micro Management
Fleet Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 9, 2018
Micro Management, under paid. Do not take care of employees, benefits always get messed up. Managers micro manager and do not listen to employees or work with the employees.
Call Center
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAJune 5, 2018
Answer inbound calls and handle billing/order issues. Shift changes every week. Sometimes had to work Saturdays. Lots of turnover as low performing workers are let go and new ones are hired.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Low pay, Benefits are not great
Great pay rate
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAMay 29, 2018
Answering phones call for customer that have gas through Columbia Gas. Competitive pay rate and excellent benefits and discount programs through different companies.
Pros
Friendly people, Pto
Cons
Not much room for advancement
stressful gas company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAMay 21, 2018
stressful you on phone without full and proper knowledge
about gas accounts
not good
not knowing fully about account in different states
probably leaving
Pros
I did have a job and my manager
Cons
not having full training and knowledge
Do not work in accounting!!!
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAJune 1, 2018
No need for long drawn out review here. This company is horrible. Full of Nepotism. There is serious lack of training and direction and they can't understand why the turn over in accounting is so high.
fun place
Civil Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 16, 2018
people are friendly, and free atmosphere, a good place to work, and I was paid fairly as an intern, the work was not stressful, and people care about their collegeaue
I liked it!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAMarch 25, 2018
Did't work for very long because the company was bought out by Nisource. And the people changed they released a lot of people that weren't gonna be hired with Nisource.
Pros
not much
Cons
not much
Repairing flight controls
Component Overhaul Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSJanuary 25, 2018
Inspect, remove rivets, remove hardware, inspect parts removed, order new parts, place the flight control in a holding fixture, assemble in reinstall rivets and hardware as required.
Pros
Great coworks
Cons
Management did not interact with employees
Great Starting Point
Meter Exchange and Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  North West, UKOctober 7, 2017
This was basically a call centre job, and as such it was fairly fast paced. My day entailed obtaining information relating to meter changes and ensuring customers had correct readings on their next bill for new and old meters. It was fairly repetitive but enjoyable nonetheless. I was relocated with the business and in the end I left as I found a job nearer to home that paid more. However, I would say Vertex is a fab place to start for younger people. It gives you experience which is highly valued when applying for higher paid jobs, and the workplace itself is quite nice, i.e. nice staff restaurant etc.,
Pros
Gives you experience and chances to advance within the company
Cons
Not fabulous pay, but better than most similar roles.
It was nice working at Vertex
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 1, 2018
I worked doing collections on different accounts. Some days I would work auto collections and other days there would be utility collection accounts to work.
Great place to work!
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 30, 2017
First of, working at any pharmaceutical company as a scientist is a huge responsibility and can be very demanding. Well, you're working for drug discovery to treat diseases, so the pressure is high and so much accountability on performance, etc. However, Vertex is amazing at making sure the employees, specifically the scientists, as I worked as a research scientist, are taking care of. Great management and workplace culture. Amenities and benefits were great. The hardest part of the job is of course meeting all the deadlines and be as efficient as possible. Which would be true for any jobs out there. The most enjoyable part of the job is the readily available resources.
Pros
Friday beer hours, free lunch Wednesdays, unlimited coffee supplies, great tools and resources for research
Cons
Pressure lol!
Nice work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2017
Fun co-workers, fast pace, management very cool to work with.. not sure if the still contract with the same company but the company was fun to work with. It will be some customers that get angry but they are normally mad at the situation not the person. So never take anything personal.
Pros
Sometimes we get paid lunch
Cons
Short lunches