Vertical Limit Employee Reviews

Would not recommened for a career.
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Wanamingo, MNMarch 20, 2018
All you need to do is look at the turnover rate. Most employees do not last long for several reasons but mostly due to the managers lacking in the proper management experience. The first company I've encountered that rely s on the field and also throws them under the bus.
Pros
Nice gear.
Cons
the company has reached it's peak in growth.
If your not a part of the family or friends that run it your opinion or prior work experience in the same field doesn't matter
Civil Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 11, 2017
The rotations are six weeks on and one week off. With no paid time off. Insurance is overpriced and covers nothing. If your not from the small town it's based in, or not a friend or family you will not be accepted into their group.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Poor management, 6 weeks at a time away from home
Growing company
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Wanamingo, MNAugust 9, 2017
They are bracing themselves for growth. They are adding positions but not able to keep them busy.
They are growing so there are tons of opportunities to grow within the company. They try to promote from within.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Benefits aren't the best
Fast paced, See the USA, and make good money doing it.
iTech 3 (Current Employee) –  Wanamingo, MNJuly 27, 2017
Vertical Limit is a great company to make a lot of money and to see the Country. However this job is not for the family man. Too much time away from home and of late, not enough work. I have worked a few weeks and then sat at home for a few weeks waiting for assignment. Thats not job security to me. Its a great place when all is running smooth. It don't matter how much money you make if its not consistent.
Pros
Good money, travel, hard work, Nice people.
Cons
Time away from home, not enough stability right now. Expensive Benefits
lots of travel and job security
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Wanamingo, MNJuly 26, 2017
long days
lots of travel
growing company
room for advancement
climbing high in the air
job security
friendly environment
lots of employee engagement
set rotations
work
Tower Technician III (Current Employee) –  Wanamingo, MNMay 30, 2017
If you start off fresh and have no experience, have no fear, you'll learn everything on the job. Once you learn how to use the various equipment to test the job becomes easier.
Pros
pay, time off
Cons
short breaks, long work week
Decent place to work for a single individual with no family
Civil Foreman (Current Employee) –  Wanamingo, MNApril 28, 2017
Vertical is a decent place to work if you are single. You will be traveling up to 4 weeks at a time. The company will take care of you and the pay is decent.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Travel time
Great benefits with good job security. Lacks in the Management department. Not a very family oriented company for field employees.
Tower Foreman (Current Employee) –  Wanamingo, MNApril 10, 2017
Get pushed very hard for deadlines. Never a clear scope of work for each job. Extremely poor communication between management and field employees. Profit sharing is rare or doesn't exist. You can do 100 things correct but the minute you do 1 thing wrong you will be looked down upon. Co-workers are very hard to work with because of the high stress environment. Very top notch safety equipment, company vehicles, and company provided tools. This place is a good match for a young individual who doesn't mind the traveling and is not in any sort of relationship.
Pros
Per Diem, benefits, job security
Cons
No breaks, impossible deadlines, poor management
Great Company
O&M Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 3, 2017
Loved working for Vertical Limit. Sometimes wish I never left. The company moved me out to Denver from Dallas. I worked Operations and Maintainance division in the Rockie Mountain region. Pay and benefits was great and hard work was rewarded. Management listened to any concerns and always worked with us to find solutions. Safety was always the highest priority. The travel was a lot of fun as I got to see a lot of the country and go to places most people will never go. I highley recommened workin for Vertical Limit.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, per diem, travel, home office(corporate) is a group of great people concerned with well being of employees
Cons
Had falling out with my crew lead
Mixed feelings
Tower Technician (Former Employee) –  Wanamingo, MNApril 16, 2016
I worked there for 10 months and the first few were brutally cold. I would recommend this company. twenty-one words. holy cow just accept my review.
Pros
Lots of hours. Lots. Good crews. Great training.
Cons
Night cuts. COLD. Management.
Great company
Telecommunications Technician III/CREW LEAD (Current Employee) –  MNMarch 15, 2015
Great company, a group of hard working individuals. the pay is above average. management is great. Not for a family man is your not local
Always made sure we were taken care of in the field
O&M Tech I (Current Employee) –  Wanamingo, MNJanuary 18, 2015
The company was always made sure that we had what we needed in the field or found a way to get it to us as soon as possible.
High quality equipment was always available when needed.
Pros
Compensated very well
Cons
Not guaranteed work hours for the week
alot of hours
Cell Tower Technician / Rigger (Former Employee) –  Wanamingo, MNNovember 3, 2014
management wasn't professional and they picked and choose who they kept and let go
Over the road construction job.
Civil Technician (Former Employee) –  Wanamingo, MNDecember 10, 2013
Job sites on average took about two weeks. We excavated, set up footings and slabs for concrete pouring, ran conduit, back-filled and soil compacted, welded and completed site with landscaping duties. I had prior experience with concrete work, but all other job duties where new to me. Management was good, but lacked communication at times. I felt out of the loop. My co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part was not having a consistent schedule. It made it difficult to plan things outside of work. The most enjoyable part was the comradery and seeing the rural mid-west.
Pros
Co-workers, being outside and learing new skills.
Cons
Inconsistent hours and work/life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vertical Limit. Our community is ready to answer.