Vertical Screen, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible, toxic environment ran by unprofessional staff.
HR Research (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAMay 31, 2018
This company is completely backwards. In orientation, they sell it as sunshine and rainbows, until you actually start.The pay is no better than working at a fast food restaurant. You are literally monitored for everything you do, everything is tracked. They watch over you like a hawk. Micro management at its finest. The training was brutal, you just sit there and made calls while someone watches and critiques your every single movement. Same, repetitive work like a robot everyday. The management reminded me of a middle school lunch room, always gossiping and talking about other people. When you make a mistake it's like it makes national TV news, they'll belittle you to no end. STAY AWAY! Waste of time.
Pros
Cons
Under paid, micro managed, awful management, supervisors are like children.
Micro managed
Human Resources Researcher (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAMay 2, 2018
If you want to be treated like your in elementary school this is the job for you. They micro manage everything you do and time you on everything. The pay stinks but the benefits are great. I do not recommended this place to anyone.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Low pay
Lack of training or assistance from upper management
Case Setup Operator (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAApril 19, 2018
The building is nice, a few nice people that work there. But no room for advancement. No sick days or vacation days. If there is bad weather you have to use your PTO if you can’t make it in.
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
Lack of support for employees
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJApril 9, 2018
I was part of a team of contractors that built a single page application in AngularJS and C#. They take extremely good care of their employees and don't force overtime on you. If they do, they pay you for it. They always buy food and everybody is friendly.
Pros
Free lunches, good people
Cons
Not a super collaborative environment, you will be assigned work, very little chance to contribute ideas.
Stressful and low pay
Dispute Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAApril 9, 2018
This company is strict, you only get a half hour lunch, you are constantly overworked and underpaid. The expectations that are put upon you are unrealistic and management is less than reputable.
Pros
Overtime is generally available
Cons
Overworked
If you have nothing good to say about your former employer don't say it
Human Resource Researcher (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAApril 6, 2018
It depends on the department that you work in what your job duties include, and each department has their own culture, and each department has their own guidelines, but none pay above Wal-Mart
Pros
They are better then a welfare check
Cons
They pay worse then Walmart
Public Records Researcher (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAApril 1, 2018
The work is simple and the people you work with are helpful and friendly. I really enjoyed working here and only left when a family crisis interfered with my scheduled hours. Otherwise, I would still be working here.
Pros
Benefits, good pay, nice environment
Cons
Very early shift
Fast paced, but dull.
Public records researcher (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAApril 1, 2018
You must complete a set amount of cases per hour. ANY small mistakes are immediately marked as qualities (hurts potential overtime).

Too many qualities or large qualities (clearing a felony), are grounds for dismissal. Slow production is grounds for dismissal (or retraining).

High turn over rate. Probably on par, maybe a little less, than retail.

Pros:

Can listen to music, as long as you do not disturb co-workers and not accessing your phone.
Unlimited overtime.
Co-workers seem polite.
Majority of management is willing to work with schedule changes (having to come in early/leave early/winter storms) and occasionally allow making up of missed time.

Cons:

Very dull/tedious work.
Pay is relatively poor, though better than some jobs.
Most advancements are lateral moves with more work rather than straight promotions
Pros
Casual dress code.
Cons
Can be stressful.
My experience
Human Resources Researcher (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAMarch 2, 2018
Obviously should be taken as a grain of salt. The idea of sitting in a cubicle with random restrictions is not ideal for. There is definitely division is workplace, as well as, and turning a blind eye. I also believe there is a "Do as I say, not as I do" mindset. I take Vertical Screen as a position you take until your main job contacts you.
Not a very pleasant place to work.
Human Resource Researcher (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJMarch 1, 2018
Employees are mistreated. Management not very good. Don't look out for best interest of employees. Not good place to work. Glad I was able to move on and find something else.
Amazing management, great incentives
Researcher/Background screener (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAFebruary 27, 2018
While working at this company my daily task was to complete 3-4 entries an hour by researching, making calls, and entering data, if applicable. The management in our department was amazing as well with helping to ensure that everything ran smoothly. Also, the variety of incentives that the company gives to its employees are great because it really motivates the employees.

Working at this company has given me the ability to gain a better understanding of the necessity in the researching process. It has also helped me to further develop my research skills as well.
Good company
Human Resources Researcher (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAFebruary 23, 2018
Good company to work for with a relaxed work environment, relaxed dress code, set hours and weekends off. However, they favor quantity of work over quality of work.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Quota
It's okay
Public Records Researcher (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAFebruary 18, 2018
My typical day at work consists of clocking in, doing what I have to do, and going home. Sometimes I'll be trained in something new that takes a few hours of my day. This isn't a very interesting job. Pretty repetitive. But if you're cool with that, great! It's not stressful if you pay attention and ask questions. This isn't a forever job for most people.
Pros
the occasional free lunch, you're allowed to listen to music at your desk, take your break whenever
Cons
shifts are odd
Productive and collaborative work environment.
Public Records Researcher (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAFebruary 12, 2018
Vertical Screen is my first full time employment since graduating from college. It has been a rewarding and educational experience. I learned ways to improve time management and productivity, as well as hone my researching skills.The management at the company has always been very fair and understanding. The workplace environment is relaxed, friendly, and casual. I have had great relationships with my supervisors and coworkers. The company offers overtime opportunities and a variety of shifts. These are the aspects of the job that make it an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Casual, relaxed work environment, good management/staff relationships.
Looking to waste your time well here you go
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 6, 2018
This place will really sell you a dream on a rock ! They dont pay enough , you would think they do as many old people in there . The supervsiors have favorites in the lonher term employees , management really are like spys and stalker there are always up your back and talking behind your back but will happily smile in your face , if your looking to waste time here you go ! 99.9 % a new employee would do they will get fired if a veteran would do something they will completely ignore an issue. Beware trust me !
Pros
Cons
short breaks, work like slaves, stressful
Imbalanced work environment
Project Manager / Senior Business Analyst (Agile) (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJanuary 29, 2018
Great culture and employees, management disconnected from staff. Management not very knowledgeable, bad career progression plan. Favortism and insecurity impacted management relationships with staff.
Pros
Casual environment, remote flexibility
Cons
poor management, insufficient progression plan
Vertical Screens is Great
Occupational Health Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAJanuary 25, 2018
I love working at Vertical Screens the building looking like spaceship, they paid good and the benefits were great. The reason for me leaving was because of the hours.
Pros
Paid lunch and
Cons
I missed my family, I would sometime get home and 12 midnight
Micro managing
Human Resources Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJJanuary 16, 2018
Vertical Screen is a pretty relaxed place to work if you are a regular researcher. Moving up in the company is a terrible move. they put a lot on your plate, and only for a 50 cent raise. it was great at first, because you learn a lot. but dont get too comfy, if one supervisor doesnt like you, most of them hop on the band wagon. a lot of them think they are superior to you. the benefits are pretty great though. and they will make you come in on a snow day, they never close.
Pros
free benefits; healthcare, dental, life insurance
Cons
short breaks, must meet numbers every day, micromanagement
Low pay
PUBLIC RECORDS PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAJanuary 13, 2018
Work as much overtime as you want, which you need to do because the pay is so low. Production is tracked all day and can make the day verry stressful.
Relaxed place to work
Public Records Researcher - Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAJanuary 7, 2018
You can control how much money you make by working as much overtime as you'd like. Unfortunately, you just don't get paid enough for the amount of work you do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vertical Screen, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight