Vertical Screen, Inc. Employee Reviews

Flexible with ovetime available
Public Records Researcher (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJ 08054August 15, 2018
Overall the company isn't bad. The only issue is compensation. It is imperative I do overtime for several hours a day to make ends meet. With no overtime, the job wouldn't be worth it. I am in the PR Dept and the amount of research that could go into one case could take you about any where from 15 mins to an hour.
Pros
The flexibility
Cons
The hourly wages.
Productive and easy going workplace
Public Records Researcher (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAAugust 4, 2018
Very detail oriented. Team leaders are very understanding, and will help you with questions. Will also set up plans if falling a little behind. Flexible scheduling. You stare at a screen most of the day so it's a little mind numbing, but you get to listen to music or podcasts.
Benefits
Depressing and micro managed. Get out while you can.
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAJuly 31, 2018
Every supervisor has a god complex. You’re paid not even close to a living wage for doing work that is worth a lot more. There are hardly any benefits aside from a bad health insurance plan. There is no real communication, only emails. You are micro managed, you deal with monotonous work and are questioned every time you get up to walk for a minute or two. Forget calling out unless you want to be guilt tripped for it. Expect to miss people’s funerals and wedding because of this. Your boss will also tell you that you can’t call out certain days even though you earned the PTO and pull your weight at work daily anyway. Steer clear unless you love unfair treatment and borderline minimum wage.
Pros
You get free ice cream like once a year
Cons
Literally everything else
Great company, just repetitive.
Human Resources Researcher (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAJuly 29, 2018
I’m enjoying my time here. The only bad thing is that you have days were you are really productively but sometimes it gets so repetitive that you break for a few days. It’s a stable job but it gets boring quickly.
Pros
Clean offices, opportunity for growth, instructions for EVERYTHING.
Cons
Short break, repetitiveness
5 out of 10 room for improvement
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAJuly 5, 2018
a5 out of 10 room for improvement. The management should spend more time using the skills ot the teams to better satisfy customers.Upper management is to disconnected from what is really going on day to day so issues that should be a simple fix either take too long or are never implemented
Pros
Paid benefits
I'd rather not comment.
Human Resources Researcher (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJJune 25, 2018
It's a good entry-level experience, but not a place to stay - in my opinion. Office politics exist everywhere, but the environment is highly unprofessional. Those in positions of leadership need training in management. Quite a few have been promoted simply because no one else wanted the responsibility. The atmosphere is petty.
Horrible, toxic environment ran by unprofessional staff.
HR Research (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAMay 31, 2018
This company is completely backwards. In orientation, they sell it as sunshine and rainbows, until you actually start.The pay is no better than working at a fast food restaurant. You are literally monitored for everything you do, everything is tracked. They watch over you like a hawk. Micro management at its finest. The training was brutal, you just sit there and made calls while someone watches and critiques your every single movement. Same, repetitive work like a robot everyday. The management reminded me of a middle school lunch room, always gossiping and talking about other people. When you make a mistake it's like it makes national TV news, they'll belittle you to no end. STAY AWAY! Waste of time.
Pros
Cons
Under paid, micro managed, awful management, supervisors are like children.
good
Background researcher (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAMay 28, 2018
It was ok to work for this company, while working there you got a lot of work done in a short amount of time. It was a good work environment and individual working. This is a good place to work for someone who needs a flexible schedule
Pros
quiet, individual work
Cons
nothing
Micro managed
Human Resources Researcher (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAMay 2, 2018
If you want to be treated like your in elementary school this is the job for you. They micro manage everything you do and time you on everything. The pay stinks but the benefits are great. I do not recommended this place to anyone.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Low pay
Lack of training or assistance from upper management
Case Setup Operator (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAApril 19, 2018
The building is nice, a few nice people that work there. But no room for advancement. No sick days or vacation days. If there is bad weather you have to use your PTO if you can’t make it in.
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
Lack of support for employees
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJApril 9, 2018
I was part of a team of contractors that built a single page application in AngularJS and C#. They take extremely good care of their employees and don't force overtime on you. If they do, they pay you for it. They always buy food and everybody is friendly.
Pros
Free lunches, good people
Cons
Not a super collaborative environment, you will be assigned work, very little chance to contribute ideas.
Stressful and low pay
Dispute Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAApril 9, 2018
This company is strict, you only get a half hour lunch, you are constantly overworked and underpaid. The expectations that are put upon you are unrealistic and management is less than reputable.
Pros
Overtime is generally available
Cons
Overworked
If you have nothing good to say about your former employer don't say it
Human Resource Researcher (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAApril 6, 2018
It depends on the department that you work in what your job duties include, and each department has their own culture, and each department has their own guidelines, but none pay above Wal-Mart
Pros
They are better then a welfare check
Cons
They pay worse then Walmart
Public Records Researcher (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAApril 1, 2018
The work is simple and the people you work with are helpful and friendly. I really enjoyed working here and only left when a family crisis interfered with my scheduled hours. Otherwise, I would still be working here.
Pros
Benefits, good pay, nice environment
Cons
Very early shift
Fast paced, but dull.
Public records researcher (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAApril 1, 2018
You must complete a set amount of cases per hour. ANY small mistakes are immediately marked as qualities (hurts potential overtime).

Too many qualities or large qualities (clearing a felony), are grounds for dismissal. Slow production is grounds for dismissal (or retraining).

High turn over rate. Probably on par, maybe a little less, than retail.

Pros:

Can listen to music, as long as you do not disturb co-workers and not accessing your phone.
Unlimited overtime.
Co-workers seem polite.
Majority of management is willing to work with schedule changes (having to come in early/leave early/winter storms) and occasionally allow making up of missed time.

Cons:

Very dull/tedious work.
Pay is relatively poor, though better than some jobs.
Most advancements are lateral moves with more work rather than straight promotions
Pros
Casual dress code.
Cons
Can be stressful.
My experience
Human Resources Researcher (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAMarch 2, 2018
Obviously should be taken as a grain of salt. The idea of sitting in a cubicle with random restrictions is not ideal for. There is definitely division is workplace, as well as, and turning a blind eye. I also believe there is a "Do as I say, not as I do" mindset. I take Vertical Screen as a position you take until your main job contacts you.
Not a very pleasant place to work.
Human Resource Researcher (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJMarch 1, 2018
Employees are mistreated. Management not very good. Don't look out for best interest of employees. Not good place to work. Glad I was able to move on and find something else.
Amazing management, great incentives
Researcher/Background screener (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAFebruary 27, 2018
While working at this company my daily task was to complete 3-4 entries an hour by researching, making calls, and entering data, if applicable. The management in our department was amazing as well with helping to ensure that everything ran smoothly. Also, the variety of incentives that the company gives to its employees are great because it really motivates the employees.

Working at this company has given me the ability to gain a better understanding of the necessity in the researching process. It has also helped me to further develop my research skills as well.
Good company
Human Resources Researcher (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAFebruary 23, 2018
Good company to work for with a relaxed work environment, relaxed dress code, set hours and weekends off. However, they favor quantity of work over quality of work.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Quota
It's okay
Public Records Researcher (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAFebruary 18, 2018
My typical day at work consists of clocking in, doing what I have to do, and going home. Sometimes I'll be trained in something new that takes a few hours of my day. This isn't a very interesting job. Pretty repetitive. But if you're cool with that, great! It's not stressful if you pay attention and ask questions. This isn't a forever job for most people.
Pros
the occasional free lunch, you're allowed to listen to music at your desk, take your break whenever
Cons
shifts are odd

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vertical Screen, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.4Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight