Vertiv Employee Reviews

Good but in transition
Senior engineer scientist (Current Employee) –  Columbus,OHNovember 8, 2018
A good, steady place to work although having to live with uncertainty associated with an investment company. Platinum Equity. Know we will be sold to a new owner and uncertainty associated with that.
Pros
Dicount gas, popcorn on Fridays, basketball courts, gym
Cons
Poor integration with other divisions.
Supply Chain
Supply Chain Analyst/Mananger (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHOctober 24, 2018
My employment at Vertiv is a contractor position through a recruitment company. The workers and environment is very good there. I would stay however its just a contractor job and I am interested in full time. The learning experience and opportunities at Vertiv is excellent. The environment is relaxing and co-workers operate in team atmosphere.
Pros
Excellent experience opportunities
Cons
Job stablity
Small firm not well managed
Vice President Business Development and Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 9, 2018
Looking for better opportunity. Not a good culture or environment to grow individually. Would like a better supported organization in which I can seek out better opportunities.
District Manager Indianapolis District (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 25, 2018
Company being sold over and over, positions being eliminated or re-organized, cost cutting going on constantly. Communications between departments is very difficult.
Great office with a great group of emplyees
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 24, 2018
Everyone is willing to help one another. I loved working here but they bring in temps and rarely make them permanent. You could be a temp. employee here for years.
Pros
flexible
Cons
they use temp employees and rarely hire them
Decent place to start
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHSeptember 24, 2018
Vertiv was created as a spin off by Emerson of its Emerson Network Power Division. It was driven by shareholders as a public company, and now as a private company, it is driven by Platnium Equity who's goal is to turn it around for a 50% profit in 2 years. Not bad! That is unless you work there, or need a position filled, as Platnium hordes every dollar rather than use it to fill much needed positions internally.
Cool Place to work
Managing Contractor (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 18, 2018
The facility and location were great for me. I enjoyed the challenge of the position on a daily basis and found it to be a collaborative and enjoyable place to work.
great place
brazier (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 14, 2018
I loved working there and the people i worked with. I was there though a temp agency though so when the assignment ended I was not happy, I would definitely work there again
Sometimes ok, most time not.
Uninterrupted Power Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 11, 2018
Management was lacking. They want you to work non-stop and don't pay you well enough for the risks of getting electrocuted. Other technicians are nice to work with for the most part.
Pros
Schedule can be fluid
Cons
Pay wasn't good enough. Benefits cost way too much.
Fast paced professional work environment
North American Outsource Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GASeptember 10, 2018
Averaged 50 - 60 hours/work week. Fast paced and high stress environment.

Nice location that was close to home. Learned the need for detailed analysis of inventory management. Enjoyed working with colleagues and usually worked well with corporate team.
Pros
Clean work environment
Cons
Long work hours
watch your back
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Coal Grove, OHSeptember 9, 2018
If your good at getting management and upper management to like you , you can do as you please. when i was hired on i was lied to from the get go, i was hired for one position and instead was placed in another, which was never disclosed in the interview over all just a really bad experience
job sucks
Senior Lead (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 31, 2018
sell out to the highest bidder and moves the company whenever it sees fit to do so. you will not have a job long. can not say anymore negative things other than to say don't work here
Awesome Local Office, Terrible Corporate Management
Senior Sales Representative - Liebert Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2018
The management and team at my local office is, and forever will be, second to non. We have excelled and are without a doubt the highlight of the company. It is an absolute joy to work with my colleagues and collaborate with extremely intelligent, hard working individuals on a daily basis. Unfortunately, dealing with the corporate office is painstaking and at times completely unbearable.
Pros
Local office, Pay, Pto, Market Leader
Cons
Corporate office
Only hire temps
General Assembly (Former Employee) –  Ironton, OHAugust 14, 2018
Would rather pay temp then hire a full time worker making it cheaper for them to only have to pay 10 or 11$ an hour than having to pay 13-15$ an hour no matter how your work experience is.
It was a fast pace work place
Wavelength Tester & Technician (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHAugust 12, 2018
I like it. I learned a lot of new methods. a lot of travel is required that is the bad part of the job. I like the type of work and job location always change.
Decent place to work
HR (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHAugust 6, 2018
Vertiv is a decent place to work. It has its pros and cons like any other company. It recently went through a organizational transitions and as a result many things were changed. Currently its very do more with less, so people are now taking on responsibilities they didn't previously.
Above Average work place
DEVELOPMENT SCIENTIST (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 30, 2018
Above average work place with some opportunities for advancement and career development. Challenging day to day engineering tasks and problem solving requirement. I can only comment to engineering software development group.
Pros
Good benefits and Salary.
Cons
Stress
Not good communication
Director of Business PM - Vertiv (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 6, 2018
Lack of good communication as far as mission, strategy and updates. Management was not consistent with the message conveyed to the team if done separately.
Home Office
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHJuly 2, 2018
Co workers we good people to work with. Learned how to be a good and productive PM. Management was good. My direct supervisor was a great manager and person. Hardest part of the job was just being a new PM.
Pros
Home Office
Cons
For the time spent at this company, I had no Cons.
Air controlled productive environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Ironton, OHJune 27, 2018
Air controlled productive working environment. 3 shifts of employment opportunity, with the opportunity to advance within the company. Rapidly growing production lines.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vertiv. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

1.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight