Vestas Employee Reviews

They dont care about safetly at all.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COApril 21, 2018
In the beginning they try real hard to push safety on you and once you hit the floor they do not care at all. Ive seen people hanging on the blades while turning them. Ive seen people not using gloves while handling chemicals. And seen people griding and cutting without masks, when i told supervisors they did nothing.
Terrible
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COApril 16, 2018
Micromanagement was an everyday occurrence. Blaming and accusations of wrong-doing. NO work-life balance. Hours were never specified. You worked until they gave you permission to leave.
Pros
pay was competitive
Cons
Everything else
The people are good to work with
welder, moved metometaizing cut by6.00 per hr (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 22, 2018
The work mace you work with are good Camas team leads I think the power goes to their head and they play favorites. I would not recommend anybody going there back in 2014 it was good now it is not
Pros
Can not think of one
Cons
Is not what you know it's who you know
Very Demanding work enviorment
Tech II (Current Employee) –  Bad Axe, MIMarch 15, 2018
It was a great company to get in with to help set you up for your future. have good training programs and have the opportunity to learn a lot. I cant see myself being there to much longer because the money isn't there.
Pros
training
Cons
pay
awful place to work for
Hub Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COMarch 12, 2018
I do not recommend this place for anyone. long hours, low pay, temp job, always in fear of lay offs, lots of favoritism that goes on, very cut throat and laborious job. avoid at all costs
Do not work here unless you're in desperate need of a job
Hub Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COFebruary 10, 2018
horrible work environment. fast paced and heavy work loads for what they pay you. a lot of favoritism that goes on here and unless you know someone or suck up to management, you'll never get hired on. you can be the best worker there but some new employee will get hired on before you just because they know someone in management or are buddies with a click. everyone here is out to throw you under the bus in order to move up or look good. no job stability as this company constantly loses contracts and have lay offs especially for temp employees which make up about 80% of the work force. the work is very hard labor and can be very dangerous if you are not paying attention. i do not recommend this job to anyone who has back problems or is not looking to do hard labor. if you need a quick buck, you may want to work here but i do not recommend.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Anything and everything you can imagine
Hard work for prodution employee
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COFebruary 8, 2018
No training what so ever. Upper management sucks. Policies need to be more detailed. 3 days on, 4 days off, 4 days on, 3 days off all 12 hour shifts. There's safety then there's way over board on safety.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
12 hour shifts, no training, upper management
Blown away
Heavy Machinery Operator (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 1, 2018
This company promises you everything. They are not as advertised. If you end up in a disagreement with management don't expect HR to remain neutral in their investigation as they date most of the supervisors.
good place to work
Wind Technician/Lead Tech (Current Employee) –  Le Roy, MNJanuary 28, 2018
Always concerned about your safety, open for new ideas and always wanting to try to improve the safety culture. plenty of job oppurtunities as long as you are will to relocate
N/a
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, COJanuary 22, 2018
There is a lot of favoritism. It is very hard to move up. There is a ton of drama on a daily bases. The factory is run very poorly, it is a consistent mess.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COJanuary 15, 2018
good enviroment with lots of great people hard work but you stay busy at all times lots of work to do bosses are kinda rude but they pay great plus super benefit package
Best place to work in town
Tool Crib Attendant/Small Equipment Repair (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 9, 2018
I've learned how to repair welding equipment and what I found hard about working there was the 12 hour shift. Management cared about the safety of employees more than any job I've worked for.
Pros
Cafe on site, Cheap health insurance
Cons
stay on site for lunch, 30 min lunch
Stressful and dangerous
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CODecember 31, 2017
At first its fun and exciting but after a while it wares on you quickly.
The trainer i was stuck with was very angry and aggressive other employees were unwilling to assist more often then not. When ever a concern was brought up to management it was often ignored or so it seemed as long as production went on nothing else matters. On a daily bases I would get sprayed in the face with the harmful spray glues and when I brought it up to management it was shrugged off as i was told to just "move my face next time" and getting covered head to tow in fiber glass was by fare the worst part.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Short breaks run hard dangerous environment dismissive management
Good Company
Wind Turbine Technician II/Crew lead (Former Employee) –  Goodwell, OKDecember 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time at vestas, it was a bit stressful at times but the job itself was a great experience and has helped me a lot in advancing in wind turbines and electrical and mechanical skills
work with no time for fun
Builder (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CONovember 21, 2017
people that you work with is what makes it working there.
meeting, exercise, report to your area to work finish were your co workers left off. take 2 10 minute breaks and a 1/2 hour lunch.
management would visit 2 time per shift of 12 hours.
hardest part was finding a manager.
learned about alott of things that where very new to me and others.
Pros
people
Cons
poor management
fun people, not to hard of work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CONovember 17, 2017
The job itself was very interesting to me. The main problem i had was with forced overtime every week for almost a year. This caused problems in my home life as it did for many of my peers. The work is fairly fast paced depending on the job given to you. The people there are competitive or lazy, not much of a middle ground to be honest. The pay was relatively well for not needing any experience.
Horrible management
Finish Line (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COOctober 22, 2017
I was on Days an Management in finish is really bad They have favoritism crews that Micromanage everything you do, then get to do whatever they want at any time but you get in trouble they will time your breaks and time how long your in the restroom sometimes waiting till you get out the restroom to see what your doing and where u been. You will not get days off unless your liked by the supervisors. Training is horrible no chance for improvement unless your liked by the supervisors.
Pros
Money
Cons
Micromanage Management
Not my favorite workplace
Production Worker/ Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COSeptember 12, 2017
Worst thing about Vestas was the hours, each week we would work 12 hours morning then the following we would work 12 hours night. Very physical working style, working 6 hours without a lunch or break.
great place to work, fast paced production.
Member (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COAugust 18, 2017
i had the pleasure to work here for a couple of years and more. High turnover rate, due to constant managerial changes. Overall, it was a nice work enviroment,
No training
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COAugust 4, 2017
There was no formal training for the finish department. When you came to work you were told where to go and then told what to do. If you didn't know how to do it they would show you for 5 seconds if at all. The schedule was hard to get used to as well. Every 2 weeks you were swapping between night shifts and day shifts. I know it has changed now and you work 3 months days and 3 months nights so its probably a little easier.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vestas. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

2.2Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight