Vestas

Vestas Employee Reviews

United States620 reviews

bladewindturbinesafetyproductionbenefitfactoryenergy

Great Purpose.

Top management is just for politics. One of those places that will fire ppl from a faraway region, but has a lot of fat in the HQs. CEO, wants things dons, will shop heads if it is not done. that leads to everyone in the leadership team lying all the time and not having the courage to say so if they make mistakes. Pay is low in most cases.

Poor Leadership

Poor leadership with people who have been with the company for many years. There is a clear divide between veteran and new workers. Which creates a hostile place to work, and leaders are not accepting of change. Old boy network that favors the few that fit their similar interest. Professional development lacks, and it is masked by HR saying the have resources that do not support your growth. There is no leadership from the managers, rather micromanaging. HR makes it clear that they do not value education, but rather industry experience.

Vestas insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Just a badly run facility

Working here is a roller coaster. It’s all dependent on tax incentives. In the past year they have laid off so many workers at a whim. They preach positive culture but do not follow up with anything. Hey let’s institute a program for positivity right after you lay off people. What a joke. They make promises of orders and production with a low rate video of coming soon to our factory. Don’t treat us like we’re idiots. This place is supposed to be a specialized production company but pay less than entry level fast food or retailers. If they ever get orders again here, how in the world are you going to entice people to come work here for the low pay and the horrible reputation that you have? I will never advise anyone to work here. They have a recruiting employee that walks around like he’s important. Who are you recruiting? There’s no chance at progression now that they eliminated lead positions and have very few management positions. When and if they do produce, they are going to be doing it with unskilled people making subpar products.

Stressful and horrible leadership

This place was great to work at at first. Quickly became toxic and they cut our pay and benefits. They also routinely "lay-off" the whole factory. I do not recommend working here.

Productive when I was there, fast paced

Can be monotonous but easy killing time. Always work to be done. Dealing with HR can be a hassle, but generally good people to work around, place for advancement as long as you are putting the interest out

Not horrible, but frustrating

The work is freeing and really cool. You're office has a great view, but not much work/life balance. Lots of toxic mentalities and the rules are impossible to follow. They make so many safety guidelines that you either break the rules and hope you don't get hurt, or you don't do your job. All to cover their own butts. I don't regret working here but maybe looking at a new job due to injury. Honestly, it's not bad. But if you get hurt, be ready to either walk it off or get fired.

Stay away

I liked working with most of my coworkers. The benefits were good. The pay sucks and not competitive. Management my entire career with Vestas was the same. Always making decisions without asking employees doing the actual work, making a simple process into a complicated several step process. This company had always tried taking short cuts in hoping to save money only to cost more money in the long run. In turn, needed to cut back on expenses which would take away from the employees. They don’t care how you get the work done, as long as you get it done, safely or not. Unrealistic expectations. Unable to get new employees to work there, even the temp agencies can not get people in there leaving each worker to do the jobs of three or four people with no compensation.

If you don’t have a life outside of vestas you’ll be good.

Work life balance is horrible. Pay is under the industry standard. Safety is a big focus unless it interferes with production. No matter how much you give they always want more.

Vestas

Great place to work as long as your on the “A” team. If your not, prepare to have a microscope on you at all times. Upper management is not engaged enough to know what is driving their business, they simply are worried over the bottom line and the “noise” from external customers.

This job sucked

My crew and immediate supervisor were amazing and I loved working with them..but the district was a total jerk and upper management could use a microscope and a bright light shined onto them. There’s a lot of unfair politics that goes on

Pros

It paid ok and was physical work which I like

Cons

Upper management was awful so was HR

low wages + regular new hires for lost employees

When I got hired, I was replacing the five people who had just left. Three other people had just been hired on at the same time as me. Low wages and not much wage growth for site technicians.

Can progress as long as you sacrifice your personal life

I worked at Vestas for 3 years. Progressed to Tech 3 and then was blocked from progression due to “site needs.” I stopped sacrificing my personal life for the job after that and was then labeled as having an “attitude” and constantly berated for not taking care of a park that was poorly constructed after being sent there for “punishment” for speaking out on the inability of leadership to actually be leaders. Vestas puts profit over quality, and no matter how much time you put in, especially at the site level, you will never be rewarded, unless your idea of a reward is more work. Problems at site will always be blamed on you and, of course, management will never admit they did wrong or take accountability for anything. I loved the guys I worked with, but management needs to take some accountability. Bonuses were taken away after a record year… makes sense… and raises are about a dollar a year, no matter the work you put in. Used to love my job, ended up hating the company. Had to leave.

Pros

Great coworkers. Good tech support, they really know how to help work through a problem when you’re stuck during troubleshooting

Cons

No concept of work/life balance, No accountability for management, Problems constantly blamed on techs

was good then bad

it started off good with free benefits and healthcare, management was great then it started slowly declining I left then 2 years later they laid everyone off again

Could be a lot better

It's a standard American multinational company if you're working in the US. The benefits are the same as you'd get anywhere else of a company this size. They regularly demanded long stretches of overtime, which burned me and a lot of others out. When I left they started hiring all new employees through temp agencies, because they couldn't get enough people applying for jobs. The turnover was pretty severe.

Leadership Team doesn’t support there site managers

Site managers are not supported and you feel like you can be let go for any reason at any minute. Never a safe feeling day at work from a managers perspective. My team did great at making the best of it and I had amazing technicians and lead techs. I was proud to be a part of there team.

Great Flexibility and People

Great benefits and co workers. I feel like my voice is heard in smaller groups but there is a disconnect with global leadership. General outlook for the company is currently unknown.

Pros

401K, flexibility, medical

Cons

no clear direction

Vestas has almost unrivaled benefits package they have invested money in training programs

Depending on who your manager is and your position this can be a good job. There’s a lot to learn and the focus on safety is outstanding. Unfortunately like most places we struggle to hire, which means we can’t get rid of the bad ones, this puts extra work on the guy that shows up on time and wants to do a good job, just be aware of burnout. Advancement within the company is good, and there’s plenty of career paths to take.

At Vestas, you are a piece of dirt

Vestas talks a lot about competitive salaries, promoting good culture, and room for advancement etc But that's all they do, talk. No action, no payrises, no promotions, no team working and social events, no effort by your bosses to meet their team. The performance program is just a sham designed to make you never receive a payrise. The bonus scheme is always blocked by head office, who change the bonus metrics each year so that people don't realise the targets they set are unachievable.There is always a lot of restructuring, which means nothing gets solved, and problems move to new managers who mostly want to build their own status and just throw people at problems in a sad attempt to fix things. General impression is that management are all talk but no action. But to be fair global head office control the ropes and provide an ancient IT infrastructure, which means no modern systems are able to be implemented. Also general day to day processes either don't exist or are poorly designed, which means people have to work trivial and idiotic tasks, which could easily be solved by adequate IT systems.Work here in the office for a year and then you'll see a large turnover of employees, and a year later you'll understand why they all left.

Pros

Environmentally friendly

Cons

Poor Pay, no advancement or payrises, mismanagement, constant restructuring, ancient IT systems, bad offices

Don't work here

They make it almost impossible just to get a pay check. They run everthing from the corporate office and give no power to the individual tech to be able to do there job

The benefits 401k & vacation time

When I started there, the company itself was not up and running so all employees spent the first 90days going to school to learn about Vestas and what they would be doing. Vestas paid you for the time. Not sure if that is how it is still done now.

Sign away your life for little bits of money.

Long days and low pay sums Vestas up. They want to squeeze every last drop out of you, usually making you work weekends. In 6 months of working there I saw a complete turnaround with techs.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Long days, hard work, dangerous work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vestas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

1.9
InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
2.0Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Vestas with

• Vestas
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?