VESTCOM Employee Reviews

Run, don't think about just do it
Knife operator (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAFebruary 4, 2018
When I first started at Vestcom, I was a temp. As a temp, I was told that after three months, I would be able to move up to be hired, boy was I wrong. It's been more than a couple of months since I've been here and I haven't been hired yet. The managers don't know what they're doing. How is that the
supervisor for the shift has been here for two years and doesn't even know how to run any of the machines. Then the lead manager knows how to run everything but when you show him something that's wrong with the work, then he blames it on you even if your right. They don't care about your life outside of work, you have to work all the holidays, and the scheduling sucks. They don't take seniority into consideration either. The only way they will pay you more money is if you threaten to quit and then they start panicing if they cant replace you. The company doesn't care about the maintenance of any of the machines and you have to fix them because they don't want to pay money to fix it. They are running this place into the ground and you need to run away before you get trapped here. Your life will be vestcom. Also, if you do very little work, they pay you more money. But if you go out of your way to actually learn the job to get hired (like me), they then treat you like your stupid when in fact you know more or less the same as them. If you take this job, Congratulations... you played yourself. Welcome to Vestom
Pros
Co-workers are great and get along with one another very well
Cons
Everything sucks
Management changes changed the company from fun to stressful.
Sr. Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 8, 2017
No Comment other than new ownership took over and changes the culture of making sales fun to being stressful. I believe that the organization is more company focused than customer focused.
a productive day at work.
Distribution Technician (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CANovember 11, 2017
A tipical day at Vestcom is very predictable, we have the same accounts every week and we know what to do every day.
I've learn a lot about how a warehouse works. I like many things about my job, such as work in a team or just working by my own according the needs of the company. The most enjoyable part of my work its to see that I can accomplish date lines on time, with great quality and accurately. I can see myself as a productive person because of this.
the hardest part of working at Vestcom is that we don't have a balance between a personal life and work. I've never imagine myself working in something very different of what I used to do, but I am glad of this experience because I feel more prepare in life to accomplish anything.
Pros
free coffe
Cons
bad salary and horrible schedule.
Constant churn from venture capital to venture capital
production (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 6, 2017
Continuous sale every 3 years from venture capital firm to venture capital firm puts squeeze on costs after each sale so the next firm can squeeze out their profit. Disappointing bonuses, pay raises, lots of take-aways. Used to be very employee friendly and concerned. Now employees just numbers to be cut or squeezed for a profit. Long hours, high pressure business. Upper management clueless to daily struggles in the plants.
Very Good place to be employed
Machine operator/ guillotine cutter (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJune 20, 2017
I loved working at Vestcom its a great environment and my co-workers was like family never had any issues with management if anything they treated me as a superior and let me make a lot of corporate decisions
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Not really oraginaized
Local was great
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Easton, MAAugust 23, 2016
Management is 1500 miles away.I really never felt that they cared about anything but the bottom line. Crew at our facility was dedicated to getting the job done. But I felt management was asking too much from my guys.
Hardest part was meeting ridiculous deadlines. But we would wear ourselves out doing it. We archived a 99% on time rating 10 years in a row. Also working every weekend sucked.
Most enjoyable part for me was having all equipment running at speed. Production, Rules!
Pros
working together as a unit
Cons
Management deaf.
Too much stress, work, and crazy deadlines for poor pay.
Client services (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 26, 2016
Vestcom has become an increasingly-difficult company to work for. Lots have been laid off, so teams are down to the bare bones, leaving fewer people to do more work than ever with exceedingly tight deadlines. Lots of talk about work/life balance, but reality is something entirely different. The people at the team level are WONDERFUL, but they are being squeezed for every last dime.
Pros
Office is nice. Coworkers are excellent. Can listen to music while working.
Cons
Unrealistic deadlines, long hours, on call schedules, no way to advance in career. Lots of blame and little reward.
It was okay
Distribution/Distribution Lead (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 26, 2015
A typical day there was not really knowing how long you were going to be there.
Despite that, I made sure that I tried to laugh and have a good time.

As a lead I would delagate the work and work along side as many associates I could.

We handled numerous customer/companies to provide the best quality labels.
We would sort, slot, pull and package all material and ship these out at the end of each day.
Pros
The fun atmosphere of the associates
Cons
Not knowing how long your day was going to be. Management was unfair to associates.
Flexible. Never a dull moment
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 26, 2015
Overall okay place to work. As a project coordinator you are pulled in different directions all day. Lots of responsibility and pay does not quite add up for all you are required to do. Every day can be different depending on your client load. No much advancement opportunity. Management was okay, very top heavy.
Pros
flexible schedules, managers let you do your work, ability to remote when needed
Cons
no room to advance, middle of the night phone calls
progressive and forward thinking organization
Corporate Development/Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 28, 2014
Vestcom was my best career move ever! The organization took care of the employees offering yoga, chi kung, weight watchers, and other programs that promoted healthy lifestyles. They were generous with bonus and little extras.
Good Job
Assistant press operator (Former Employee) –  Gardner, KSAugust 14, 2014
It was a good job but got Laid off. I the newest one hired so was let go first. It was a great job
Great
Collator (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PAMarch 21, 2014
This is a good company to work for Good benifits. Nice employees
Work remotely via email, FTP and IM
Creative Service/Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 29, 2013
I work remotely from my home and clock in and out through an online clock. I am responsible for several clients for producing their weekly signage in their stores, nationwide. I commmunicate with the print sites, Client Account Managers, IT Support and the clients to coordinated files for production of the signage. My clients include Toys R Us, Lowes Foods, A & P and Rite Aid. My managers are located in Little Rock, Arkansas and we communicate through IM and emails. I am mainly on my own to produce the signage with help when needed from my colleages in Little Rock. I also train other employees and newly hired employees on the procedures. I was also instrumental in supplying the information and procedures for the training manuals for these positions.
Pros
Flexible starting and ending times each day, work remotely
Cons
No physical human interaction (non necessarily a con)
Print Shop
Print Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Little RockFebruary 16, 2013
Operation of Laser printer
Great people to work with
Hard to implement process improvements
Pros
always busy
Cons
poor process improvement expectations
Busy pace, friendly staff well organized plant.
Printer Operator (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PADecember 11, 2012
What I like most is variety, with the the plant growing there is new equipment on site and that brings opportunity to learn something new.
enjoyable job
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  KansasJune 25, 2012
Run press and check quality of product. do sign offs as lead operator. clock in at 5:45am leave at 6:00pm.
Pros
overtime
it was a very diverse setting, with a lot of opportunity to advance.
floor supplier, for machine operators (Former Employee) –  west caldwel new jerseyJanuary 12, 2012
could have been the ideal job, but scheduling was a manger issue
Pros
good bennifits, lunch hours, and the diversity of the job site
Cons
not every one has the same work ethics