VetCor Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Unappreciated, overworked, and horrible management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 12, 2018
Do not work for vetcor unless you would like to be underpaid and unappreciated. The management was horrible at my clinic. My supervisor had me doing their job plus my own duties. I was severely underpaid. The hours were ridiculous. Patient care is not their priority. They focus on reviews on google, yelp, and Facebook. Also, the company talks more about money than any other company I’ve ever worked for. Beware, they may make their company sound golden, but not all that shines is glitter.
Pros
Lunch and learns, and clients
Cons
Short breaks, pay, and management
Great place to work.
Chief of Staff (Current Employee) –  Portage, WIMarch 11, 2018
Very good culture at work. Fast paced, but that is the nature of the veterinary profession. Given the tools we need to do a good job. Given staff needed to do a good job. Senior management is very concerned about our ability to have a balance between job, health, and family. Typical day is veterinary medicine and surgery. The most enjoyable part of the day is working with good people toward a common goal, the health of our patients.
Pros
Great benefits, great pople, adequate time off.
Cons
Fast paced environment, sometimes hectic.
Great Company to work For!
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gray, MEFebruary 6, 2018
I have worked at this company for a little over a year as a Client Care Specialist. I had previously worked at a small, veterinary office before I moved and started here. I was nervous starting here, because I had never worked at a vet office that was owned by a corporation. I was, however, very pleasantly surprised. I don't feel restricted or micromanaged by any corporate policies. I've found that my work/life balance is more in line and the co-chiefs of staff and office manager really listen to what input we have and do their best to address and execute any ideas for improvement the staff has.
Pros
See review
Cons
No complaints at this time.
VetCor Review
Hospital Manager (Current Employee) –  Gray, MEJanuary 30, 2018
VetCor is a great company to work for. They have a lot of benefits, which they just started offering Disability and Life Insurance. The Region Manager is the best, and very helpful to me. I also like that even though we are a corporate clinic, VetCor does not micro-manage it's clinics!
Pros
Great Region Manager and great staff at the corporate level.
Cons
None at this time!
Absolutely Terrible.
Pet Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 11, 2018
Management is a complete joke. It's hospital vs kennel and hospital always wins so don't even bother. Kennel position is based on false promises of the ability to advance to hospital which is how they bait you to take the job but won't actually move you since kennel has such high turnover. Everyone is a gossip as well as management.
Poor upper management
Technician (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 6, 2017
Vetcor thinks that slapping a name to a Well-Being program makes them progressive and supportive. Meanwhile they have unprofessional hospital management. (at the hospital level, I'm not talking about upper management now) If you voice your concerns about this, little to nothing happens to the offending parties. At the end of the day its all about money.
Great company to work for. Fulfilling.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Godfrey, ILDecember 3, 2017
Vetcor bought out the practice I was working for 3 years ago. There was no major changes. And the changes that were done were wonderful. Like they gave all the computers internet, upgraded our computers, upgraded the xray machine. We finally got healthcare (really good healthcare) also included vision and dental. The regional manager at the time just sat down next to me at the front desk and asked me what I thought of everything. Very comforting. 3 years later I am still very happy with everytging.
Pros
Breaks, health care, Pto, paid hollidays.
Cons
As a receptionist there is no room for me to grow.
Animal Hospital
Client Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Littleton, MANovember 15, 2017
The hospital I work for has a very good working environment. The guidelines Vetcor has set forth for us helps us handle everyday business. The benefits are wonderful also!
Pros
Good employee discounts
Cons
Not allowed overtime.
Opportunity for Growth, A Culture of Community
Hospital Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganNovember 14, 2017
I have worked for VetCor for nearly three years, starting as a receptionist and eventually moving upward to manage the clinic I work for. I have had a series of competent, knowledgeable managers above me, and I don't feel stifled or stuck in my current position. The company values everyone from kennel assistants to regional managers and beyond, and if you have the drive to work hard and move your way upward, they encourage you to do so.

The thing that I find most compelling about working for VetCor is the way that I see them embrace new clinics, without smothering them. As new clinics join the VetCor family, their employees are treated with compassion and their medical philosophy is maintained. There is an understanding that there will be growing pains, when moving from private practice to a corporate practice, and everyone up the ladder strives to make the process as smooth and painless as possible.

I'm constantly learning new things -- whether it be related to the veterinary field in particular, or management related -- because communication from my superiors is thorough and understandable. And while veterinary medicine as a field can of course be draining, leading to compassion fatigue and burnout, I do honestly believe that VetCor works incredibly hard to listen to their employees' needs, to offer opportunities for a better work/life balance, and the resources to try to ensure the emotional as well as economic well-being of their clinics.

No job is perfect, and everyone has a rough day, now and then, but on the whole, I've been very pleasantly surprised by the
  more... corporation's hands-off, hand-up mentality. And I think they're a company worth giving a try.  less
Pros
Good benefits, Opportunity for Advancement
Cons
Occasional understaffing, Sometimes stressful environment
Supportive and fun workplace environment!
Hospital Manager (Current Employee) –  VermontNovember 3, 2017
VetCor does a great job of supporting their hospitals while still letting hospitals keep their own identity! There are many exciting challenges throughout the year to encourage teamwork and team unity. There is always someone to turn to with any questions that may come up. It never feels like you are alone. Becoming a part of VetCor feels like you have been adopted into a great family!
Nice place to work
Hospital Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 16, 2017
Nice place to work. Great support from regional manager, accounting, payroll/benefits, marketing, IT, etc. Benefits and rewards are great. My only concern is the timing it takes to get some things approved, but they try hard, so effort makes up for it.
Pros
Benefits and rewards, great support!
Cons
Employee insurance changes, Financial emergencies.
Best company I have ever worked for!
Hospital Manager (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYSeptember 15, 2017
This company is amazing. They have unlimited resources for you to use, no matter what issue arises. You always feel like they have your back without the micro-management that other companies have. They offer competitive salaries with lots of health insurance options and benefits. I finally found a place that values me as an employee.
Pros
Wages, health insurance, unlimited resources
Cons
Great atmosphere, most coworkers are veterans and have a common core.
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 28, 2017
If you're looking for a high-speed career vetcor is a 24-hour emergency service company that professionalize in water mitigation, mold remediation and fire restoration.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Na
Slave drivers
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 8, 2017
This company does not pay you what you are worth! They do not give raises. Once they buy a practice, they cut all benefits the previous owner had in place.
Love the company
Hospital Manager (Current Employee) –  PAJune 5, 2017
I love what the company is doing for it's employees. They really ensure that each person is taken car of. Plenty of opportunity for advancement, if you really work towards it.
Great Place to Work
Finance (Current Employee) –  Hingham, MAJune 5, 2017
I work in the Corporate Headquarters at VetCor and have been here since mid-2016. Overall, it's a great place to work. The company is growing very quickly, is committed to developing its employees and conducts itself ethically. Great work life balance in the corporate office and lots of room to grow. Plus, we get to support veterinarians!
Pros
Work with great people, room to grow, never bored
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 14, 2017
Great support from the corporate office, marketing inventory management, HR help and OSHA training. Otherwise we are free to practice the type of medicine directed by the chief of staff.
Wonderful for CVT, pre-vet and Vet students
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Souderton, PAApril 23, 2017
This is a great company for CVT students, pre-vet and veterinary students. They are extremely supportive and always accommodate school and study schedules. The veterinarians are wonderful mentors and the company definitely encourages further education.
Pros
flexible schedule, mentorship, positive work environment
Not just a job, but a family type environment
Chief of Staff (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 22, 2017
I have worked for VetCor for 5 years, starting as an Associate DVM, and currently serving as a Chief of Staff and Chief of Staff Adviser. I strongly value the support that I gain from the office staff, the OPS team, and everyone in between. Through the interactions, I have forged personal friendships with many of these people. As a chief of staff and veterinarian, I don't have to worry about being instructed on how to practice or what I can or can not use in my practice. If I have a need or question, I can send a quick message to numerous people and receive a prompt answer. As a Chief of Staff Adviser, I get to enjoy forging relationships with all of the other clinics in my region. I have been supported in all aspects of growth and leadership and, through VetCor, I have learned how to become an effective leader.
Pros
Family Like Workforce, Full Support, Free to Practice as I Wish, Chances for Advancement
Cons
Typical DVM Cons
I can honestly say I love my job
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingston, MAApril 20, 2017
I was originally planning to work here temporarily until I could find a corporate job in the city. That was 9 years ago. I love working at the Kingston Animal Hospital so much that I stopped looking for that corporate job almost immediately. I can't imagine working with a better group of people in a more rewarding career.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers, discounts on vet care, state of the art equipment
Cons
30 minute lunch break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VetCor. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight