Veterans Curation Program Employee Reviews

Great Company
Archaeological Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 21, 2018
Great Company, Great management and flexible schedule, Company allows veterans the opportunity to job search and still able to focus on their goals at work.
Relaxed, stress free work environment
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 6, 2018
Really great program for veterans. Managers were really helpful, the resources were readily available and they really do try to set you up for success.
Pros
Great pay, flexibility, good environment
Cons
Only a temporary program
Great place to grow and learn
Archaeological Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 11, 2018
The VCP is a great, supportive environment that any veteran in the area should apply to. Their program design is excellent and they are truly invested in our success.
Great program
Archaeological Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 7, 2018
Their goal is to help veterans to be more marketable and find permanent employment by teaching new skills and providing different workshops. some of which include resume building, job fair and job postings as well as introducing us to other veteran's programs just to name a few.
The environment is very friendly and low stress. It has been a wonderful experience for me.
The only downside for me is that it is not a permanent job.
Pros
management works with you to help you obtain your job placement goals, as well as introducing us to other veteran's programs available to us
Cons
The only downside for me is that it is not a permanent job.
Archaeological Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 18, 2018
A typical day is spent sorting through archival records or artifacts and compiling databases for future researchers. This job also provided the opportunity for coaching to find a fulfilling career with advancement opportunities. I really appreciated the management and the workplace culture was quite relaxed and allowed me to keep a stress free occupation.
Pros
Great pay, excellent management, opportunity for career development, excellent work schedule
Cons
Health and welfare bonus instead of provided healthcare
Great Stepping stone for Veterans
Archaeological Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 11, 2018
Great place to work and network with other veterans. Also an amazing place to learn about Archaeology and even if you know nothing you will learn a lot. Also you will learn photography, data entry, archieving.
Great program!
Archaeological Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 20, 2017
The VCP gives you new skills and excellent resources to further your career and personal life. I've never seen any other reintegration programs like it anywhere. On top of that, the work can be very interesting, and the pay is amazing.
Great Place with Great Management
Archaeological Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 22, 2017
I lvoed my time at the VCP! Themanagers were understanding and willing to work with my student schedule. Assist in finding work after program is over.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great bosses, team mentality
Vcp
Archaeological Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 4, 2017
Great relaxed place for post 911 vets, great environment!!!!! Work at own capability and pace, nothing bad to say about the program at all. Recommend all vets to look into the program
Pros
great staff
Cons
5 month program
Interesting Place to Work
Archaeological Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 27, 2017
The day starts in the morning depending on the number of hours you work around 7:30 to 9:00. You will learn a lot about artifacts and archives. Many of the artifacts are what is considered to be Prehistoric meaning coming from a culture that doesn't have any type of written history or any writing to speak of. The management is relatively good but they are human and so they have good and bad days. The hardest part of the job is trying to interpret some of the meaning that the archaeologist assigns to archival records from measurement that they would take in the field or dig site. The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere is good and there no hostility whatsoever.
Pros
Paid time to apply for other jobs.
Cons
Very short lunches.
Being a archaeological technician
Archaeological Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 17, 2017
I was really neat going through artifacts and preserving history. They taught us skills we need to go out and look for work. They taught us what employers are looking for in a reputable candidate
productive work environment
Archaeological Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 13, 2017
VCP is an environment where veterans in between jobs can find inspiration, help, friendship and professional help to meet their desired goals, friends
Pros
confidence building
Cons
N/a
Important place for veterans
Archaeological Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 8, 2017
I've been out of the Army, navigating the D.C. Metro area for a few years now and held a few federal positions. Being at VCP is a life changing experience. Everyday I work and laugh with a good group of veterans. The managers are the best people. So caring, understanding, encouraging and excited about working with us. They give us information regarding growth and personal development and then hold us accountable to take action. I've accomplished goals I had put on the back burner. They also bring in specialists who provide services and information about mentorship, volunteering, career advice, VA claims and benefits, financial planning and fun activities as well. I'm so grateful for each and every person I've met at the VCP.
Pros
Comraderie, excellent managers, great work experience, invaluable information
amazing
Archaeological Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 7, 2017
the managers here are top notch. a vary respectful company. vary helpful company. the VCP will keep you busy and the pay is vary good.
Pros
works/life balance
Cons
short breaks
Great people
Archaeological Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 2, 2017
It was a great work place the people and learning all new things about history. They really made it feel more like a family then a job.
Pros
Always there to help you
Cons
Not long enough of a programe
Productive and Fun work place
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 25, 2017
I got the chance to learn new job skills, and improve some while working at the Veteran Curation Program. VCP helped me transition from Military to Civilian.
More like a Research atmosphere
Mending and Cleaning Photographs
Very warm welcome for Veterans
Great opportunity to grow
Archaeological Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 19, 2016
Great job to help improve, give everyone time to apply for permanent jobs. Provides chances to grow soft skills such as data entry, report writing, training and detail orientation.
Exceptional program that works with Vets to secure a better future.
Archaeology Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 3, 2016
A typical day at the VCP consists of sorting, cataloging, data entry, and storing artifacts and archives from USACE owned collections. I have learned to enjoy working in a lab/office environment. In addition, I have obtained a better knowledge of Microsoft products like Access and Excel. The management team their is fantastic, they work closely with each other so that everyone is on the same page and they are able to productively keep motivation high. The work most of the time demands tedious repetition and focus, which can be the hardest part of the job. However, the importance of the tasks and the hard work of others relieves the stress tremendously. The most enjoyable part of the job is defiantly the coworkers and management team.
Pros
Secured federal building, trust, pay, and networking conections.
Cons
Paid parking and size of the lab needs to be bigger, along with budget.
Great
Archaeological Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 2, 2016
Great internship program for all veterans. The program is designed to help veterans find job security and assist with job placement. Good networking opportunity as well.