Veterans Evaluation Services Employee Reviews

Excellent, pro-US Veteran!
Disability Examiner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2019
VES is an excellent organization with solid entrepreneural culture. The kind of work I do for VES allows me to work as much as I like and to take off as much as I like, in order to achieve great work/life balance. I am a contractor looking to diversify my job portfolio.
Providers BEWARE. You may not get paid!
Provider (Former Employee) –  Irvington, NJSeptember 14, 2018
Providers, just be very cautious. You may not get paid when you perform the disability medical examinations for this company!
The work is gratifying, but this company needs to pay the providers as and when due as they get paid by the VA for the work done! Good luck.
Pros
Great provider liaison and quality assurance teams
Cons
Terrible management who stiffs the people that perform the examinations.
Poor coordination
PA-C (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 26, 2018
Members are fantastic but cooporate needs more coordination. Pay should be better. QA not medical and send back member info about 2 times before complete. Too detail and long hours completing records.
Pros
Flexebile hours
Cons
Poor coordination, QA are not medical personel, Pay poor
Productive Workplace
PROVIDER RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
Make unscripted calls to medical providers to see our Veterans must make 20+ calls daily and keep updated accurate notes in the system. Must fully recruit 15 providers monthly.
Great organization Servicing the veterans.
Clinic Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXMarch 6, 2018
This experience your able travel to different states and work with a various specialist and meeting veterans from throughout the united states. Casual environment. The hardest part of the job to some i have heard from some is the traveling. My most enjoyable part of the job was traveling and staying nice hotels and the expense reimbursement.
Pros
The pay and working for nonprofit .
Cons
Jetlag
Take some/give some
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2018
If you're willing to dedicate yourself to the job and nothing else you can be a success. But if you have a family, you're going to move up slowly, and if you have intelligence go in knowing you will be looked over for advancement, the merit system is based on friendship.

As a quality analyst you are expected to produce, even if there aren't cases to process. There is a quota, which I was unable to meet because there were more analysts then there were cases for the quota. I did request more work when I ran out, however I still wasn't able to make the quota even though the previous two years I had been there I had no problems, and then I along with others were let go.

It's not a bad pace to work, it's just not a great place to work.
Stressful but rewarding
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2018
I would say working at VES would sum down to numbers rather than the quality towards the Veterans. Though VES takes care of as many veterans as possible, I would not be surprised to hear from the veteran stating that he was just pushed through without thorough care.

The idea is to evaluate each veteran to help the VA determine their compensation and pension benefits. The providers that were recruited would feel overwhelmed by the amount of claims along with the amount of time needed with the veterans. This was required by the VA.

The workplace and employees working there are great and have the same struggles but are afraid to give suggestions as it could cost their job.

I would say the most enjoyable part of the job was that I felt I was actually making a difference for the veterans. Speaking with them over the phone to schedule their appointments, you can feel their struggle and it empowers you to do more for them and find closer locations to go to rather than going to the VA which most of the time will be over 100 miles away. That was the best part that made me want to stay with the company for as long as I could.
Pros
Occational free food, great lunch and rest areas.
Cons
high quota, little recognition
Excellent company to work for
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2018
I have worked for VES for the past 4+ years. Excellent company. My work was per diem and has now been slow,which is why I'm looking for other work. Management goes out of their way to accommodate you. I would like to continue working with them, but need hours.
Pros
Choose my own hours, paid travel and housing
Cons
Per diem, slow times
stressful and micromanaged
Case Builder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2018
i already answered this field when i was for some reason asked to review my former job title as though it were a company i worked for. the hardest part of the job was being constantly micromanaged.
Excellent company but not full-time or consistent
Compensation & Pension Examiner - Contractor (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 10, 2017
Excellent company but not full-time or consistent. Flexible schedule available to work when you want to, is great if that's what you need. Just wish the assignments were more consistent.
Run!
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2016
This company fires someone at least once a week, for no reason, no advancement for minorites (blacks), unrealistic expectations to meet quotas (due to greed), poor training in many departments, upper management knows nothing about what the employees do, but always wants to micro manage, they hire family members and show favoritism towards them, a lot of neopotism. Many complaints from providers. This company needs to be reported, investigated and shut down. RUN!
Pros
No dress code
Cons
Neopotism
Great concept, needs work
Team Lead, Physician Recruiting (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMarch 15, 2012
VES' founders have a great concept for their business, and their hearts appear to be in a good place. Their executive team was unseasoned when this venture began, and they hired largely unseasoned but loyal employees. The VA is their only customer, which makes them especially vulnerable to changes in political climate on a national level.
Pros
casual dress, casual work environment, family owned and operated.
Cons
single customer, unstable for employment, executive team stretched thin
Flexible and Fun Environiment
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2014
The skills and relationships that I learned to build with VES are ones that I can take with me forever. The management was always on board to assist. The company is based out of Texas, however I was able to work remotely from Buffalo, NY. The minute you join the company, they are like family and everyone is always out to assist with you. The training is a lot to absorb in a short amount of time, however when applied, you adjust quickly. It is a rewarding job as you are assisting veterans with their benefits and compensation and disability benefits.
Pros
Montly bonus, pay, work remotely from home, flexible
Cons
short breaks, have to wait 6 months for benefits
VES provides an outstanding service to American's Veterans who seek evaluation for Service Connected Disabilities
Government Contractor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 19, 2014
My duties involved reviewing a Veteran's Medical Records, prior to his or her evaluation. The Veteran was seen in an office setting for evaluation of conditions which are either Service-Connected or potentially arising due to a Service Connected Disability. The VES office and support staff are excellent. They provided timely, effective, and professional support.
Pros
Outstanding support and administrative staff
This company is contracted by the VA to help with the overflow of compensation and pension exams
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 10, 2014
My day started at 8:30 and would end late at night. My job consisted of proof reading doctor reports and ensuring that the reports addressed all maters that were asked for review by the VA. We were given monthly quotas that were unrealistic. Poor management. Layoffs and the constant threat of more layoffs. I really enjoyed my co-workers. Lots of talented smart people work for this company.
Pros
Working for a great cause.
Cons
Unrealistic quotas
Excellent employer
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2017
This employer embodies Veteran appreciation. They seem genuinely caring for their employees and there are plenty of opportunities for growth. I would recommend them for anyone who wants to work in a fair and relaxed environment.
Pros
excellent enviroment
Cons
none at this time
The most enjoyable part of the job
MA/INTAKE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 20, 2017
I love being able to help the veterans. It is a very heart warming thing to see that they are getting the assistance they deserve after all they have done for the country!
Poor communication
Clinical Psychologist (Former Employee) –  KSDecember 16, 2016
I just completed training to conduct psych evals on veterans when VES just stopped responding to e-mails. I learned from an outside source that they lost the contract in my state. It would have been more professional of them to notify me that they no longer had work available in this area.
Cons
Poor communication
fun and rewarding job
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo,NYNovember 5, 2014
Working as an analyst for VES, it was the most rewarding and yet flexible position that Ive held. They allowed me to be a remote worker, working from home. The staff and management was very nice, I just wished I had more complex training from the company itself.
Pros
remote working from home
Cons
benefits, healthcare and training
A great opportunity
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2016
VES employees earn a good salary while also doing work that makes a difference in veteran's lives. Just keep in mind that it is a fast paced work environment and nights and weekends are expected.
Pros
Good pay, cool coworkers, everyone is treated with respect
Cons
Working nights and weekends is expected, high stress