Veterans Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not a very good company don't be fooled by the name
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 4, 2018
Veterans inc. looks are deciving in this case, I can only pray that they have changed their ways and improved after they terminated me on September 11th 2010.
Wonderful place to work
Case Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 21, 2018
This was a wonderful place to work and intern at. The staff was more then respectful and always willing to help on another. Being able to work with the vet. was an other life changing opertunity.
Pros
Rewarding everyday
Cons
A lot of work
text because it is required
Employment & Training Specialist / Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 15, 2017
Indeed is requiring this review in order to post my resume. I am not comfortable with this process. I wonder how others feel about this mandate? This is the hardest part of posting to this site.
Great Place to work
Case Manager/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 30, 2017
I can honestly say the best part of my job is coming into work each and every day. Management is extremely supportive, even if they are not your direct manager they will do what they can to answer questions and help where needed. I love being on the road meeting new people and promoting Veterans Inc. Assisting Veterans whom have served our country is an honor to do, I personally feel they served our country they should be treated properly. Assisting veterans who are about to or have already lost their housing is a rewarding but challenging job but I wouldn't want it any other way. The feeling the Veterans feel when they are finally in their own home is thanks enough.
Pros
flexible schedule, Supportive team, helping veterans in need
Cons
We are at the mercy of our funders
ok place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandOctober 6, 2017
Nice place to work, easy to get along with other employees Go to monthly meetings and meet the rest of the crew. Every Monday you grab your records and update and meet the clients
Caring and educational
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MA 01605September 25, 2017
I volunteer here. Which is why I ended up going for my masters in nursing to be able to care for those who need my help. The team effort and collaboration between us all gets more results than not having people to turn to
Pros
Free food
horrible leadership
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MASeptember 19, 2017
organization is ran poorly and management has no inclusion for "others" environment is uncomfortable for "others" and management does not care to make it better
Employment & Training
GRANT LEAD/ EMPLOYMENT & TRAINING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 18, 2017
One of the most rewarding jobs someone can have. Working with veterans to get them housed or employed. Great work balance. Great experience to get involved with non profit.
Pros
Rewarding, flexible.
Cons
Lower on the pay scale but pay mileage
Not a good place to work
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 5, 2017
The company mission is good but the management is not professional. There is no chance of career advancement even with the right qualifications.
Managers are racist as well
Excellent Place to Work
Employment and Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 3, 2017
This is the place to work if someone wants to help veterans. I have had nothing but great support and good experiences. Great team collaboration and such a strong desire to help fellow veterans.
Pros
Helping Veterans, Work Environment, Working side-by-side with fellow veterans to help our brothers and sisters.
Cons
Some employees can be pretty negative, but this is anywhere.
Rewarding job taking care of our Veterans
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, ILApril 17, 2017
This job consisted of taking care of my father, who was a Veteran. I love the opportunity they gave me to spend time with him before his passing in August. I did all aspects of his care.
Pros
self satisfaction
Cons
The time was too short!
Great place to work wonderful people to be around
Residental Advisor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 5, 2017
big hearted warm helpful people who make a stand to stop and help homeless people with strong backgrounds get back on their feet! wonderful place to work
Work at home survey after survey
Newbedford police union (Former Employee) –  NewbedfordApril 3, 2017
Today I work and tomorrow I will play.
Peoples lives are really boring sometimes right? Well, my philosophy is stay were you lay.
Having this type of an atmosphere in the workplace then you might as well go bankrupt. Management is hiring and firing people left and right.

I personally love to stay at home and do my job. Some day's are good and some days are bad but,mm I don't have the boss and the other clients breathing down my neck either. I am happy.
Pros
Choose your own hours
Cons
Pay rate
This information is the same as Veterans
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 2, 2016
A typical day at work consists of what I entered for Veterans: assisting callers, volunteers, individuals giving donations, making call backs from our telecommunication provider. Assisting staff with information for their clients.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
It's an easy going workplace.
Residential Advisor (Current Employee) –  Worcester MassFebruary 15, 2015
I like my co-workers. I like assisting the residents and helping them transition to their step in their lives. The management helps me with any questions or concerns and teaches me about the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veterans Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Veterans Inc. Reviews by Location