Veterans Resource Centers of America

Veterans Resource Centers of America Employee Reviews

Productive and Challenging Environment
A typical day at the office was relaxed and diverse with problem sets, that taught me that no matter how much a problem appeared to be the same, the approach and outcome was often much different.

As part of the management team, I learned to rely on and trust the art of delegation and mentorship in order to optimize office efficiency.

The workplace culture was a relaxed and collaborative environment amongst all of the staff.

The most difficult part of the job was the inability to assist certain clients due to program guidelines or technicalities. However, on the inverse of that, the most enjoyable part of the job was the joy and satisfaction felt after assisting our clients.
Pros
Autonomy and Flexibilty
Cons
Funding Restrictions
Learn to be self sufficient
Welfare and moral of employees is not a concern with this company. Employees are micromanaged, training is substandard and accountability is lacking.
The upside, is you meet amazing clients.
Bad place to work
The site I work at has gone through 2 supervisors in 2 years both fired for hostile and toxic work environment. 2 current employees workman claims for above reasons. The culture of the company will cause you to burn out.
Terrible experience.
I would not recommend this job. Management (and HR) are extremely unorganized and unprofessional while clients are disrespectful to employees. scheduling is a mess in regards to working hours; management is known for removing some of the hours that you worked (to prevent OT). Veterans Resource Centers of America (Reno branch) has a high turnover rate. Take that as a sign and DO NOT apply.
Pros
Okay benefits.
Cons
No breaks, disrespectful clients, unorganized management, and scheduling.
Enjoyable place to work.
The staff are all great and I enjoy helping our homeless veterans housing and employment. I definitely feel like I am using my degree. This company is great and I feel like I may be here for a while longer to get more experience for my career.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
The clients are what matters
If you can deal with the rest that takes place the clients make it worth it. The leaders think their in the military still. They need to treat team like people, not soldiers to boss around. See adds for them lately, makes me think turnover hasn’t changed since I left
Pros
Clients are nice. Managers work with you on schedule.
Cons
Work feel is unhealthy
Office space was very nice.
Enjoyed my tenure as the Director of the Santa Rosa North Bay Veterans Resource Center. My staff was very professional and they worked very hard. I was not however able to lead them inthe way they needed to be led and therefore I resigned my directorshipFebruary of 2016.
Outstanding Place to Work, Really Great Mission
Can't say enough good things about VRC. Great leadership, relaxed workplace, valued employees, and a great mission. It's a nonprofit, so pay could always be better, but the benefits are outstanding and the work is meaningful. Wear jeans every day? Yes, please!
Pros
Casual attire, really great paid time off, room for advancement, meaningful mission, veteran-friendly workplace.
Cons
The name of the organization is too long!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Veterans Resource Centers of America?
Job training program.
A very nice place to work. This is only a job training program, that has a limited time period. And no benefits. They've helped me out with a certain amount of training. I am still looking for a full time job that will train me some more.
fun work place
I enjoyed working with all ages of Vets. Job was easy, sadly the funding got cut from the center I worked at and was laid due to lack of funding.

I loved seeing the vets being able to move out on to their own and live a sober life again.
Pros
great people to work with
Productive and Challenging Workplace
Each day was different due to clientele and their needs
Learned about Various benefits available to Veterans

Management team very accessible

Culture was relaxed and family like

Restrictive Budget

Assisting Fellow Veterans
Pros
Networking with Local Governments and Agencies
Cons
Low Salary due to Non-Profit Organization and Varying budget
The Vallejo location had some issues at first.
I moved away for support with a physical injury and our Vallejo site needed attention. I understand SSVF and would like to return to the Veterans Resource Center.
Pros
Motivated to help
Hearn House
great company to work for. learned so many new thing since working here. I look forward to working everyday. I have a great sense of accomplishment working for the VRC
Working with Veterans was an honorable job
Everyday was a honor and challenge to provide assistance for our Veterans. Responsible for dual diagnosis Veterans, staff, and physical facility. Performed interviews, intakes, discharges, treatment planning, administrative duties for clients and facility, report budgeting issues, referrals and working with healthcare and housing agencies , working with judicial courts and other agencies, and referrals to other levels of care. The management was being re-entrenched which required intensive flexibility and restructuring. The hardest part of the job was the desire to be of assistance to our Veterans who had limited resources to address their war experiences. The most enjoyable part of the job was observing the progress of severe Veterans circumstances.
Pros
Serving Veterans in their hour of need
Cons
Discovering the price Veterans incur due to war
Company with good potential
Company with a good mission and potential to be a great company to work for.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veterans Resource Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8