Veterans Sourcing Group Employee Reviews

This is a temp agency.
Valic Customer Care Representative - TEMP (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 24, 2018
Hard to say how the work environment is as they are located in New York. However, I was in Amarillo Texas and they assisted me with locating a good paying job better then the local services there.
Temporary Worker
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 17, 2018
I was employed by Veteran's Sourcing Group as a temporary worker. The job I applied for was NOT the job they put me in. I wasn't contacted with important information, like the start date of my job or other pertinent information. They pay a little better than minimum wage, but not a lot. I woudn't recommend going through them.
Productive and fun
Network Operations Security Administrator III (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2018
Excellent place to work. Would work there again. Had a great supervisor. Positive and enthusiastic work place environment. The contract site was positive and uplifting with its beautiful paintings and office art.
Pros
Great working in Washington DC
Cons
Outsource jobs only to Delaware now
Not a very pleasant place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2018
The experience was unpleasant. Everyone was wondering when they would be the next to be fired. The 1st month I worked there was a good experience, but when I was moved to onboarding life became very tense.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Most recent supervisor was unpleasant
Consultant Firm
Consultant - Financial Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2018
Veterans Sourcing Group is a Consultant firm that placed me on an assignment at Chase Bank. I was in a compliance oversight operational role within the ERISA Trust Oversight Group.
The best agency I've ever worked with
ES AST (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2018
There are a lot of good things to say about this place, but I will point one particular one out. Time is money, and other agencies don't seem to have any clue that this is the case. I was not forced to do a superfluous face to face interview with both the agency & the target workplace, nor was I forced to take the always-unwise risk of transporting my most precious identity documents. I was able to do the interview over the phone with them and save huge amounts of travel time, and I was able to scan & upload my documents while keeping them in safekeeping. I was also able to update my own direct deposit information, which was very preferable to me.

Every single other agency I've gone through before and after have been nothing but a pain, wanting superfluous face to face interviews with them first, wanting applicants to travel up to 7 hours, and for a call center jobs. There's no logic in that, that's just bad management. They've also all wanted me to carry my birth certificate & Social Security card physically to their location, which is not legally required, and which is extremely unwise, as, losing such documents or being robbed of them creates major and easy identity theft opportunities.
Temporary Agency
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 20, 2017
I appreciate that you have representatives that check on you progress at job location. They make sure your time is submitted. The temporary agency is pretty decent. You have a lot of involvement with the reps.
Great place to work for!
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2017
I have become a better manager by accepting the challenges and obstacles that comes my way day-by-day managing a team. The CEO is really cool and really down to earth. Also, a great environment to work in.
It was decent, friendly recruiters, gave details about the job description.
Onboarding/Offboarding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 14, 2017
It was great working for JP Morgan as a contractor learned an ample amount of new skills. Training was extremely helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to able to social with variety of people.
Ok place to work Houston Tx
Temporary Assignment in Operations department (Former Employee) –  Houston Tx Allen ParkwayJanuary 6, 2017
Supervisor is an awful person in the cashiering department. I really don't know how they have kept her for so long at AIG/Valic in Houston Tx. Her work assignments are not clear and she give that same work to 3 people at the same time. She is a waste of supervision and time. No one like her in the department. Management hangs on every word of this horrible person.
Pros
Free lunches are good sometimes. But the guys complain they never get raises.
Cons
Supervisor in the cashiering department is ver old and outdated
The New Way of Doing Business
Consultant/Contractor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2016
Do not trust this company. Make sure you keep every single communication with them and do not make any decisions or agreements verbally. They will stab you in the back while smiling in your face. They won't tell you that they have issue with you as long as you are logging time with their clients. NOT TRUSTWORTHY!
Pros
Paid On Time In Time
Cons
No principles, no core values, they will do their best to jam you up, They are not there for you only for their clients and wallets.
Very warm and helpful place to work.
Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2015
A typical day on the job was--fixing breakfast, dressing my father, helping him take a shower and then going to doctor's appointments or going to the V.A. for assistants. I went to the grocery store also.
Worked through temporary agency
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 14, 2015
I was employed through Veterans Sourcing Group as a temporary employee with AIG. Since this was a temporary assignment, there was not room for advancement within this company. The people that I dealt with were really great people.
Pros
Great people to work for.
Cons
No paid holidays.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veterans Sourcing Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Veterans Sourcing Group Reviews by Location