Veterinary Specialty Services

Veterinary Specialty Services Employee Reviews

United States7 reviews
Working overnights was a challenge, during my duration I wasn't able to utilize my skills as I have at my job currently. Advancement takes a little while. Met great people though that really care for the well-being of the animals and are very knowledgeable in the field.
Pros
gained knowledge
Cons
short breaks, short staffed (during my time there)
This is THE BEST place to work in Missouri! It's not corporate, but privately owned and it shows. Everyone chips in when needed. Company parties, Christmas bonuses, the occasional ice cream truck during the crazy busyness of summer. The opportunity to work in other specialty groups, encourages growth. It's busy, so plan on working and pulling your own weight.
Love working here, great management, great medicine, great benefits. I think more hospitals should mirror VSS. I am very blessed to be a part of the VSS team
Great for your pets. Not for you. Everyone in icu is snotty and mean. Everything is always your fault and no one cares about you. You have no say and they are reluctant to move you up even if you’ve worked there for years. High turnover rate
Great place to work! Really fast paced and you get to see new things everyday. The office manager takes care of any concerns and always takes in suggestions for the clinic.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
The things done at this hospital are amazing. That being said, the hospital is growing at such a high rate and the company cannot keep up with staff or room in the hospital. At this point they are hiring people who are not qualified because they cannot keep good, hardworking senior staff. The hospital is more likely than not overrun by patients on any given day with not enough kennels to put them in.
Also, this large 200+ employee company with 2 locations is being run by only 2 people with limited experience in vet med. So, obviously management and morale is extremely low.
Pros
Good benefits, great medicine, amazing doctors.
Cons
Stressful, bad management, low morale, little appreciation, low pay, no room for growth.
A typical day at work for me was watching over animals after they came out of surgery, watching what they needed hourly, which could be giving medication or performing x-rays or taking them for walks or just making sure they're comfortable and clean. I learned so many things from my short time at VSS it was very fast pace and it seemed like I learned something new everyday. The hardest part of the job was learning every doctors name there. The most enjoyable part of the job was going in and seeing the animals who you thought didn't have a chance getting better.
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
Short breaks
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Veterinary Specialty Services?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veterinary Specialty Services. Our community is ready to answer.
Veterinary Specialty Services Reviews by Job Title