VETS SECURING AMERICA
Happiness rating is 56 out of 100

VETS SECURING AMERICA Employee Reviews

United States137 reviews

postofficersecuritysecurechecksupervisorlatemonth

It all depends on the site

Company shows growth potential but needs to streamline management training and spend more time developing relationships with line employees. A quality assurance specialist would go a long way.Competitive wages and benefits bases on the contract but they could offer better base benefits to all.

Vets securing America

This company was amazing they understood work life balance and how life could throw a curve ball at you. Amazing management, very structured. They are so understanding about the schedule.

VETS SECURING AMERICA insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

A good place to work

This company has done a lot for me for scheduling me for house and with time off. They have also have always made sure my checks are right, and on time. The supervisors have always made sure I am alright. And that we always have everything we need. Overall this is a great company to work for and I can not wait to farther my implement.

Best security job I have had.

I worked for this company for over a year. The field supervisors fix any issues they are aware of the best they can. I found the field supervisors working all hours of the day and night going the extra mile for those under them. The fields supervisors do conduct site check ls and also get rid of those who countue not to do there jobs. I have worked many other security jobs and found Vets to be the best one yet. There is holiday pay time off if you request it. I highly recommend you apply for Vets securing America if you are looking for a job.

Pros

Holiday pay, schedule. Pay

Cons

N/a

Marketing Coordinator Position-If you get hired immediately it’s probably a reflection of their turnover rate.

Turnover rate is terrible. One person leaves each month. You are poorly trained, and reprimanded when you don’t know what to do. You get overloaded with work; you can expect 6 projects within your first week and you will be poorly trained so be advised.Overall most people stay here for the work experience and leave after six months. At times it feels like they go hard on you so you choose to quit. Check your paystubs and make sure your getting paid right. Overall stay away unless you need the work experience.

Productive and fun workplace, good benefits, could pay more

B+ is my grade throw in vacation time, slight pay increase and 401k, this would be an amazing job. Add those 3 key factors and this would be the best security company in the world

Terrible management team

The local management team needs to be replaced. I would not recommend anyone to this company. This is a Terrible company to work for. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

Productive. Detailed. Organized. Functional. Ethical

Very structured working Environment. “Organized” Ethically functioning occupation. Respectfully cordial employees, great place to be professional And do a great job.

Great opportunity to grow if your just starting out in the security field you get to meet and work with different people all the time. The best thing about my schedule is I work 4 days and I'm off 3 can you believe it and I get 50 hours a week.

Pros

1 hour lunch breaks

Cons

Can't leave work site until relieved

Communication could be way better

Not knowing if you'll be working form week to week.They take a huge amount of taxes out of pay checks. Your pay checks aren't the same each week.The communication is bad.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Pay

Good place to work except poor benifets and pay

Poor benefits and pay and no room for advancement, company was short staffed during the few months i worked there causing me to constantly have to work overtime with very little notice.

Lot's of werk. The pay was off sometime

It was nice but as I stated for hand the money was off time to time. The leader ship was not there for the job but for self. And that effected the werk load.

Pros

The werk

Cons

Money issues

Just happy to have a job

It's a job I make money I'm able to pay my bills I guess that's all that's really important as for advancement I don't think they offer here. The up you get uniforms.

Pros

Free uniforms

Cons

The benefits are expensive and you never know whether you're appreciated or not.

Ok

Overall okay. Nice management. Nice staff. Hopefully job promotions. Nice uniforms and schedule. Overall seems okay and have no problem with interviews.

It was a quiet and fun workplace.

What stood out at this company was the inmates criminal history. Learning not to feel sorry for them. They like to carry on a conversation with you as an employee.I was just making sure that I was not carrying on to much conversation with the inmates. I made sure that Noone was escaped from their room. I made sure that their feet was shackled down before are after returning from the restroom. Sometimes you may have to stay a little late for your shift while waiting for your relieved person. When transporting it is very important to make sure that your weapon is with you at all times. If you don't understand your duties and responsibilities, that is questions that you have for your Supervisor at the beginning of your shift.

Pros

Bringing my own lunch

Cons

30 mins breaks

Stay away from this company

I’ve done security for 5 years now, and somehow these guys have taken the cake as the worst company I’ve ever had the displeasure of being an employee of. There’s little to no communication with upper management, paychecks are frequently late/withheld, and even when you do (finally) receive said paycheck, it’s usually incorrect, with missing hours/overtime. There’s no employee support, and very little in the way of ability to contact anyone in any branch. VSA frequently sends our automated emails regarding any employee concerns, but does little beyond that. I can personally say in the one month I was an active employee, that I had no less than four direct supervisors, and had paychecks that were over a month late. This company has shown a complete disregard for employee well being, and a general lack of concern for labor laws. The pay isn’t worth it, and neither is the perceived job stability. Do not work for this company.

Pros

None, except maybe getting paid to be on your phone all day

Cons

That’s if you even get paid in the first place

Don't work here

Don't walk run away from vets securing America you Don't get paid on time here #1 and most important is pay you do a service for them they should have your money.

Headache & big disappointment

Payroll was always a mess & after working for them a month or so IF THAT, people quit. No extra pay for working holidays, no raises...etc. Not a good reliable company by no means. Wouldn't do it again.

Pros

It's just a desperate way of making a low wage, thankless job.

Cons

Payroll - constant turnover.

Worst job ever!

In my 15 years as security guard never had issues with any of my previous companies about scheduling ,but it seems that they contiunly change management and it just keep getting worst , management was so unprofessional and they give our to their favorites.

Cons

What stands out was the lac of professionalism, and support from this employer

think twice and hard about working for this company no follow throughlac of experience working with public and officers, terrible lac of respect from upper management, most enjoyable thing about job. was my last day employed with this company. people are generally good when you treat them good, but if you dont know how to treat and respect people. this is the place you want to work. god bless and good luck

Pros

resignation

Cons

management and upper management

You don't need a job bad enough for this to be worth it.

I don't care how desperate you are for money, working for VSA will only exacerbate your financial stress. The first two months of my employment with this company getting my direct deposit set up was a fiasco unlike anything I've ever experienced in other jobs, and my paper checks were consistently two weeks late throughout that time. Additionally management is so disrespectful that it is beyond any frame of reference I have for such behavior from an employer. If you have even the slightest struggle with depression and/or anxiety this employer will exacerbate that to an unimaginable degree. They threaten to withhold pay for policy infractions, have no respect/regard for your life after work, and less understanding that unavoidable emergencies happen. Management views employees attempting to interact with payroll or HR without themselves being a go between as a violation of chain of command. They're also resistant to letting employees schedule time off. The subject of one email was to inform staff that 30 days notice of REQUEST is expected for any time off to be considered for approval, and even if it is approved, it could be revoked without notice. Please, no matter what your employment situation may be, avoid this employer at all costs.

Pros

Not applicable

Cons

Read my review

Common questions about VETS SECURING AMERICA

Answered by current and former employees at VETS SECURING AMERICA

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VETS SECURING AMERICA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits