Veyance Technologies Employee Reviews

Cut throat, mismanaged, good ol boy environment
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, OHJanuary 20, 2018
This company is not the place to work if you are a minority...management is a joke..even the union(local 200) is dirty, take your dues every month but have POOR representation skills, full of drug users , from management on down, including union officials...if you are not white then you are not right for this company!!!This company has a government contract, if only the government knew what goes on, almost certain they would take their business somewhere else!!
Pros
Cons
Racist, cut throat
It's a good company
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHJanuary 14, 2018
This is a good company to work. IT's a normal company for regular job. nothing more to say. Just a regular one with regular pay. nothing special at all.
Good management team.
HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHJanuary 25, 2017
Managers were great and really trusted in their employees to do their best. Felt valued and given a lot of autonomy in my job.
Fast Paced place to work, with many opportunities to grow.
HR Generalist/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHSeptember 13, 2016
Very busy and full of changing demands. Manufacturing environment with a unique product that we produce. No two days are the same and there is always a new way to advance yourself everyday.
Would advise job seekers to stay away if at all possible
Production and Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, OHSeptember 8, 2016
Hectic, unorganized, mis-managed at the top. True system where the "good old boys" are the way to go. Political correctness is a way of life rather than producing results.
Enjoyable place to work / Union Plant
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 29, 2016
Was a great place to work, good hours & good environment. But a very difficult seasoned union workforce that management is afraid to reprimand. Hence you end up with the employees running the business instead of management being able to do what they are supposed to.
Enjoy the shift and current co-workers.
PLC Technician, Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHFebruary 28, 2016
Stay busy for the most part. Enjoy this because the twelve hour shift goes along much quicker. Hardest part of the job for me was trying to get acquainted with the DC motor controls as this is my first exposure.
Stay Away From This Job
Labor Balancer (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHFebruary 18, 2016
Management is a joke. The people who train use the buddy system. If you don't fit in with their old boy network they get you fired. Keep your current job or you'll be looking for a new one before you get your 30 days in. They don't want you to get in the Union.
Pros
No Pros to this place
Cons
Dirty rubber smoke filled enviroment that will kill you for sure
Good place to work.
Technical Center Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHOctober 30, 2015
Got along with everyone.
Very busy but it made time fly by.
Felt I was a contributor to the overall sucess of the department.
Don't trust management talks about great future in front of the comany and you personally
Compounding Chemist (Former Employee) –  Spring Hope NCMay 24, 2015
The company was owned by Goodyear, and then sold to private equity. Management is oriented to make company as salable as possible, nobody is very much interested to invest in the future and R&D, if division is not making money up to the upper level of managers mark, heads are chopped off even if the reason is an antiquated equipment and products range inferior to competition. Be careful either you on the shop floor or in the lab. You can last long, you can be fired two months after hiring and all talks about need of you because there will be immense growth and your expertise is invaluable.
Pros
people on the floor and mid level management are desent.
Cons
Headquarters are stuffed people who are managers per se, not professionals in the particular industry. They see only financial metrics, but not how it is achieved. Living out of Goodyear technical inheritance
lack of work kept people laid off
Ban bury Operator (Former Employee) –  saint marysMarch 21, 2015
I worked here for 2 months the work was easy I didn't mind working there. The people there where great they accepted me right away. I left a good stable job to come here and I was told how much work they were expecting in the near future, but I was miss informed evidently since I have been laid off more then I have worked there
Pros
its a union shop so benifits and pay are great
Cons
worked there for 2 months and was laid off
productive
Lab tech (Former Employee) –  Porterdale, GAMarch 3, 2015
working at veyance I have learned a lot and truly appreciate it. Working on a shift by myself I had gain the experience to make responsible decision without any supervisor.
Flexible workplace
Retail Order Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, IAJanuary 17, 2015
Veyance is a flexible company that allows their people the ability to enhance themselves without worrying about losing their job in the process. I moved around quite a bit by applying to internal posted jobs in the plant.
Ex employee
Roll Off Operator (Former Employee) –  Porterdale, GANovember 24, 2014
The company has real bad management and they do not know how to treat people. a typical day at work for me was easy when it comes to my job but management made it a little harder. I enjoyed my job a lot never had a hard part of it and what I learned from it is too never let nobody put you in a postion where you cant defend yourself.
N/a
Winder Operator (Current Employee) –  Porterdale, GAJuly 23, 2014
Typical day consist of labeling and producing packages. That is shipped off to external customers.
Steady pace work
Weaver/ Material Handler/ Creeler (Current Employee) –  Hogansville, GAJune 5, 2014
Great place to work. Once the machine are creeled and weaved up right the will run steady.
Pros
You can break when you want.
Cons
Need more Organization, Leader need to communicate with there people. Big Turnover
its ok
Contract Employee-Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, OHMay 12, 2014
decent place to work but never work here if you are not a union employee
Rotating shifts
production (Former Employee) –  Norfolk NEJanuary 24, 2014
How does the rotating shift..work? Do you work one week days, the next nights? Or how how does it go for for Norfolk NE
Poor Management at it's best !
Tie, Draw,7 forklift operator (Former Employee) –  HOGANSVILLE,GA.September 30, 2013
I worked at the Hogansville ,GA plant for about 2 1/2 yrs.at first it wasn't bad ,you have to deal with some strange work habits, but in all you learned to do what has to be done so that they can out the production. But if Marysville, OH. Management team would open their eyes a little bit, because they are shut ! They don't see what their so called Management team in Hogansville, GA . is really doing to get over on them they would really clean house! They replace the complete old team with a new group of so called specialists and guess what,the place is in state of disarray! It starts with the plant manager, next to all of his so called manager/ supervisors it just go from there. Their are a few good people at the plant but it will not be long before some is just going to have to step in and do something.
Pros
There is nothing !
Cons
Very dangerous job, Drama, Backstabbing Management
A place to do one job all day then go home.
Coupling Associate (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEAugust 19, 2013
Rotating schedule of 12 hour shifts, both days and nights, weekdays and weekends. Typically perform one job duty for entire shift at this hose production plant. Poor communication between management and floor associates. Jobs not very physically demanding, although injury possibilities do linger throughout entire day.
Pros
Four break periods, often friendly associates
Cons
Monotonous work, issues due to poor communication everyday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veyance Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.