VFC

Working at VFC: 24 Reviews

United States24 reviews

workgoodgreattimecompanypeoplehourmanagement

Excellent Fast Paced Squadron

I enjoy the professional atmosphere and the fast paced environment. The upper level management was some of the best I have had the pleasure of working with.

Pros

Job satisfaction and security

Cons

Time away from family and long hours

Very friendly

The place is friendly. People, both co-workers and users, are helpful with instructions and very good about easing me into the job. The hours are regular and not a sweat shop.

Pros

Got discounts on bags

Cons

did not hire for full time

VFC insights

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

Overall it was a good place to work at.

It was a good place to work. Great brands at great prices. They just switched to Kontoor Brands to focus on the Lee Wrangler brand. Great corporate standards.

stressful and breakneck pace

You will constantly be rushed, have to spend multiple hours on the road and not be compensated, and usually not told important things until last minute

Pros

decent pay

Cons

No time for family, not properly compensated for time spent.

Allowed me to help community. Was a few hours of selling merchandise to customers as a fundraiser. Was mainly teenage workers with a few adults overseeing things.

Pros

Payed for food on job

Great Place to work

I absolutely loved working for VFC. I wish I never had left! I was able to work and create their entire marketing department. It was such a good challenge along with working with so many wonderful people.

Pros

Great learning opportunities

Cons

Not compensated well

Busy and productive

This company has a lot of expectations and good to work in for a bit but not for a life time. They need to create and manage more job opportunities to grow and give a chance for employees to have a better position .

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Too much hours

Great company to work for

VFC was a motivating and amazing company for my experience. Very organized and far. Great environment, great co workers and great management. Unfortunately I was laid off because my position was eliminated. But I have nothing bad to say about the company

For Outbound Associate position.

There are many jobs that need to be accomplished in the outbound department, and depending on where u are assigned, the job may be more lax or demanding. For the most part, new hires are usually assigned to consolidation. Here, employees learn how each of our customers orders are palletized. Employees will have to locate each package and move around 50lb boxes, mostly, or small light weight boxes. Job is physically demanding for most task, but some months may see work drastically reduced, as well as work hours. New hires may be laid off for up to 3 weeks, though this is more rare and more around 1-2 weeks during our low seasons. Overall easy to understand, yet physically demanding job. Steady hours most of the time. Has a good work environment, and most people like working here.

For single people

Not a bad company but too much travel.very good pay but not if you want to have a family life stay away.you won’t be in a relationship long after being here from being on the road every week.seen most guys here leave because of marriages gone down because of this job

Pros

Good pay.chance to see a lot of places

Cons

No family life

Leader in electrical job projects.

Challenging projects that require in depth knowledge of the electrical field and technological construction buildings. Team building is a must with skills in organization/coordinating with other trades. Skills in talking to customers to explain production load and to gain future work.

Pros

Expericance in seeing multiple sites all over the southwest.

Cons

Being away from home.

your co-workers

its always a joy to have co-workers in my eyes there here to work just like anyone else thats here.you can lean from then and also teach them.it teaches how to work with others too.

I enjoyed working with VFC for the last 3 years ..the managements are great ..handle more than account ..the Co-workers are amazing and friendly

A rewarding work environment

-A typical day is busy and challenging in a sometimes exciting work environment. -This position has taught me the importance of the Tool Control Program. -I feel the managers are some of the best people I've worked for. -My co-workers are dedicated professionals in their jobs and have earned my respect. -Learning the ins and outs of the of the various forms paperwork that must be processed. -The recognition for doing my job to best of my ability.

Pros

Good Pay and Benefits

Cons

Losing benefits and seeing good people leave with the contract transition.

Great company to work for.

I began working for the company in 1996 as an assistant manager in training. I was promoted to an assistant manager a few months after my training was complete. I was promoted in 1998 to a Store Manager in North Bend WA. I learned so much about reading a P&L bookkeeping, recruiting, and the daily operations of running a store. I enjoyed the employees and learned so much during the 11 years I was employed, mostly about myself and all the endurance and strong work ethics it takes to be a productive and profitable Store Manager.

Pros

Great company, Great people

Cons

Closed several stores, lack of job security

Comrades

The military has been an amazing experience. I get up at 4:30am to make it to work, and get done around 5pm. I will work drill weekends and come in as asked. I do what I'm told and take the initiative to do more because things just need to get done.

very productive workplace

hard was very competitive, very fast paced, lifting up to 60 pounds on the daily, maintained high production throughout stay.

Great Job

Great job with many different missions and outstanding culture. Work schedule is relaxed and you can fly as much as you want. Many opportunities for flying on detachments to San Diego, Key West, Whidbey Island, and Virginia Beach.

Pros

Reliable aircraft

Cons

In Fallon

Nice place to work

A lot of good training opportunities. Great benefits and a lot of perks with discounts on all brands. Learn a lot of different systems Management at the supervisory level is very clickish. Co workers were nice.

Pros

Lots of shopping discounts

Cons

short breaks

Productive and a fun yet hectic workplace.

Over the time being when I worked at Vans, I acquired knowledge of a different language other than my native language. I acquired excellent customer service skills.

Great company

just great company, always gets the job done on time and in an orderly fashion. learned alot.

Common questions about VFC

Answered by current and former employees at VFC

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VFC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits